Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 577351 times)

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #3900 on: January 05, 2011, 03:37:59 PM »
anyone seen 127 hours yet?
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

nice weather

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 534
« Reply #3901 on: January 06, 2011, 10:14:58 AM »
anyone have a torrent or stream for Valhalla Rising?

edit: nevermind, google has one. who would've ever guessed.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 10:51:23 AM by nice weather »

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #3902 on: January 06, 2011, 11:07:31 AM »

The Germs section was too good. Darby is the epitome of remedial English badass/dropout.
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 273
« Reply #3903 on: January 06, 2011, 01:53:32 PM »

I saw it. Was a little disappointed to be honest. Danny Boyle is one of my favourite directors, but I found the first half of the movie to resemble a deoderant commercial. Long shots of extreme mountain biking with what might as well be a childs garage band loop playing over it. The music actually took away from how good the rest of it was. The story its self is amazing, and James Franco destroys, but I found it pretty cheesey at times.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #3904 on: January 06, 2011, 03:41:21 PM »

I saw it. Was a little disappointed to be honest. Danny Boyle is one of my favourite directors, but I found the first half of the movie to resemble a deoderant commercial. Long shots of extreme mountain biking with what might as well be a childs garage band loop playing over it. The music actually took away from how good the rest of it was. The story its self is amazing, and James Franco destroys, but I found it pretty cheesey at times.

bah!  i just finished downloading it, thats not what i wanted to read!

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #3905 on: January 06, 2011, 03:46:18 PM »

Replace Danny Boyle with The Coens, and 127 hours with True Grit and this is exactly how I felt. Not like a commercial but I've never had music take away from a movie so much. They may as well have put in the Price is Right fail horn everytime someone was killed.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #3906 on: January 06, 2011, 06:44:48 PM »

Pretty sick of heist movie plots, but at least the dialogue was super well done for the most part.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #3907 on: January 06, 2011, 06:48:59 PM »
I heard it was good, this is probably my favorite heist movies:

watched these today:

Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
« Reply #3908 on: January 06, 2011, 07:37:32 PM »
fuck yes! BETTER OFF DEAD was one of my favourite movies growing up.  I gotta watch that again

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #3909 on: January 06, 2011, 07:52:30 PM »
fuck yes! BETTER OFF DEAD was one of my favourite movies growing up.  I gotta watch that again

TWO DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #3910 on: January 06, 2011, 08:35:14 PM »

I was surprised to find out it was from 2005 because I've never heard a word about it.
was very, very, let down by the ending of this movie.

GISM

• Rep: 25
  • pariah
« Reply #3911 on: January 06, 2011, 09:16:16 PM »

John Pilger - The War You Don't See
New documentary about past/present war journalism and it's politics, power and deceit. Pilger asks tough questions.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #3912 on: January 06, 2011, 09:22:16 PM »

He puts his testicles all over me!!

Tentacles, I think you mean tentacles.

And then there's:

This mountain is made of pure snow!!!!  We're going to be rich!!!

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3913 on: January 07, 2011, 08:16:30 AM »

Replace Danny Boyle with The Coens, and 127 hours with True Grit and this is exactly how I felt. Not like a commercial but I've never had music take away from a movie so much. They may as well have put in the Price is Right fail horn everytime someone was killed.

Hmm, gonna have to disagree because I didn't take a whole lot of notice to the music being there, which makes me think I remember it being appropriate. I LOVED True Grit. That girl was phenominal.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #3914 on: January 07, 2011, 08:21:05 AM »

Hmm, gonna have to disagree because I didn't take a whole lot of notice to the music being there, which makes me think I remember it being appropriate. I LOVED True Grit. That girl was phenominal.

i watched it last night and i'd have to agree, the music seemed misplaced throughout the movie. 
i think silence would've been better in some of the scenes but the movie in itself was pretty good. 
i'm pretty sure i have adult ADD and it held my short attention span.   

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -151
« Reply #3915 on: January 07, 2011, 08:36:31 AM »
Definitley one of the best films I've seen recently and I've been catching up on a lot of watch-before-you-die movies lately. Can't wait to see what the future holds for Christopher Nolan, that guy is a genius.

This was great too, but is was advertised as "the documentary that will set the distorted image of Jim shown in the Oliver Stone-movie straight" and I don't really think it was that much different. A lot of scenes were really similar, if not identical to the movie and while this was definitley more realistic and believeable, it doesn't differ that much from the movie. Maybe some Doors/Morrisson purists (a group I claim to be in myself) would disagree, but I don't care. I liked the movie (you just don't have to take it too literally and you have to realize it's romanticised and hollywood-ized) and I also loved this documentary, great piece of work.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #3916 on: January 07, 2011, 10:07:27 AM »

He puts his testicles all over me!!

Tentacles, I think you mean tentacles.

And then there's:

This mountain is made of pure snow!!!!  We're going to be rich!!!

I still want a How to Pick Up Trashy Women book to this day.

I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy. I know high school girls.

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3917 on: January 07, 2011, 10:20:55 AM »

i watched it last night and i'd have to agree, the music seemed misplaced throughout the movie.? 
i think silence would've been better in some of the scenes but the movie in itself was pretty good.? 
i'm pretty sure i have adult ADD and it held my short attention span.?  ? 

You are referring to 127 hours, yes?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3918 on: January 07, 2011, 04:16:43 PM »
Can't wait to see what the future holds for Christopher Nolan, that guy is a genius.

This is sarcasm?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

LloydChristmas

« Reply #3919 on: January 07, 2011, 05:14:45 PM »
saw black swan, but i'm not sure how i feel about it.  all i know is that i was rock hard for 90% of the movie, so I give it a "thumb" up

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -151
« Reply #3920 on: January 08, 2011, 01:52:14 AM »
Can't wait to see what the future holds for Christopher Nolan, that guy is a genius.
This is sarcasm?
Uhm, I'm afraid it's not.. why ?

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #3921 on: January 08, 2011, 02:05:03 AM »

Yeah she was great, the whole cast was amazing, not one bad performance. Just a little disappointed thats all, my own damn fault for getting too hyped. I was going in expecting something darker more like No Country but it was very different.

whitemanjazz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 417
« Reply #3922 on: January 08, 2011, 11:01:48 AM »
I don't think you're the only one. Everyone in the theater was pretty much brain dead until the final gun showdowns. The trailers definitely made the film look a lot more action packed. I think for the lack of action there was, the dialogue kept me glued. Was still a terrific Coen's film. I don't think anyone could have done it any better. I'm already ready for their next one. I still haven't gotten around to A Serious Man and Lady Killers.  
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3923 on: January 08, 2011, 01:05:47 PM »
This is sarcasm?
Uhm, I'm afraid it's not.. why ?

Jay E-Quails

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3924 on: January 08, 2011, 05:02:32 PM »

saw this with my little brother the other day.
It was a lot radder than it was when I was 5

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #3925 on: January 08, 2011, 06:21:08 PM »
I don't think you're the only one. Everyone in the theater was pretty much brain dead until the final gun showdowns. The trailers definitely made the film look a lot more action packed. I think for the lack of action there was, the dialogue kept me glued. Was still a terrific Coen's film. I don't think anyone could have done it any better. I'm already ready for their next one. I still haven't gotten around to A Serious Man and Lady Killers.  

If you weren't laughing through True Grit you'll probably hate A Serious Man.

whitemanjazz

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3926 on: January 08, 2011, 07:03:13 PM »
Oh I did, just saying the people around me weren't. Especially loved when Damon and Bridges shot the cornbread out of the air. Probably my favorite scene.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -285
« Reply #3927 on: January 08, 2011, 07:56:19 PM »
make a hardcore metal pipe and smoke some keithweed first, a serius nan is soo gooD
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

whitemanjazz

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3928 on: January 08, 2011, 08:03:49 PM »
make a hardcore metal pipe and smoke some keithweed first, a serius nan is soo gooD

;)

VictoriousOG

« Reply #3929 on: January 08, 2011, 08:10:25 PM »
About to watch True Grit.