Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 577432 times)

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #4770 on: October 15, 2011, 10:33:19 PM »

Really liked it, felt uneasy the whole way through, sudden flashes of violence throughout.

Watch this on Netflix. Ive seen it posted here before. From the Director of Drive

Also watched Carpenters "The Thing" for the first time. Makes me wish Hollywood still used models and creativity as opposed to CGI to fill every gaping hole in a shot.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #4771 on: October 16, 2011, 12:59:05 AM »

Also watched Carpenters "The Thing" for the first time. Makes me wish Hollywood still used models and creativity as opposed to CGI to fill every gaping hole in a shot.

amen

VictoriousOG

« Reply #4772 on: October 16, 2011, 01:12:39 PM »
They're doing a Thing movie that's supposed to come out soon, which is always a fucking retarded idea. I.E. Footloose, really? Anyways I've never seen the original so Ill check it out before watching the new one.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #4773 on: October 16, 2011, 01:21:44 PM »
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Human Onion

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4774 on: October 16, 2011, 02:21:28 PM »
^ I just saw that one too like an hour ago. Good for a few laughs. The host, Gavin McInnes, is a funny guy. Worth checking out.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #4775 on: October 16, 2011, 02:37:13 PM »
anybody have a torrent for gavin mcinnes is a fucking asshole?
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #4776 on: October 16, 2011, 04:41:34 PM »
They're doing a Thing movie that's supposed to come out soon, which is always a fucking retarded idea. I.E. Footloose, really? Anyways I've never seen the original so Ill check it out before watching the new one.

Its actually a prequel, but watch the original, its fucking amazing. Funny thing is the 1982 version is actually a Remake of The Thing From Another World, made in 1951.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4777 on: October 16, 2011, 05:48:51 PM »
They are also remaking Point Break, absolute fail

you will never be able to top this

« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:52:24 PM by frisco »

interesante

« Reply #4778 on: October 17, 2011, 12:15:37 AM »

just watched the first one ad thought it was pretty decent. there was a creeping terror throughout it which made it pretty exciting.
looking forward to the next two.

I watched the tree of life for the first time last week. it was fantastic. I think that it will be something that I can watch years later and experience something completely different and equally as wonderful.

jimi420

« Reply #4779 on: October 17, 2011, 01:52:46 PM »
So I tweeted that I bought "Kids" at the local Goodwill and I got a reply tweet that said "Beware''. Is there something I should know about?

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4780 on: October 17, 2011, 02:37:24 PM »
So I tweeted that I bought "Kids" at the local Goodwill and I got a reply tweet that said "Beware''. Is there something I should know about?

Its a pretty shocking film. At the end your just sort of like "Well fuck." Definitely watch it though, if nothing else for Harold Hunter and the awesomeness of 90's New York.

I rewatched Tree of Life on blu ray. I liked it more than when I saw it in theaters. It is still the best shot movie of the year and Lubezki will win awards for it no question.

Archie Bunker

• Rep: 17
  • I've got the juice now
« Reply #4781 on: October 17, 2011, 08:41:31 PM »
Bitch I'm 'bout it 'bout it

VictoriousOG

« Reply #4782 on: October 19, 2011, 09:55:38 PM »

Damn good documentary on the harsh reality of education for African American boys in Baltimore, MA.

Stoop Kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Fuck hipsters.
« Reply #4783 on: October 19, 2011, 10:30:37 PM »

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #4784 on: October 19, 2011, 11:38:39 PM »

Its actually a prequel, but watch the original, its fucking amazing. Funny thing is the 1982 version is actually a Remake of The Thing From Another World, made in 1951.

prequel! I call bullshit. I submit that a remake was planned from the start and at some point it was decided "we dont want to piss everyone off so lets call it a 'prequel'. but we all know its pretty much same movie but with new whizz bang cgi! the kids love that".

honestly i didn't really enjoy the thing from another world. I guess i was spoilt by the 82 version.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #4785 on: October 20, 2011, 01:30:22 AM »
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

layzieyez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #4786 on: October 20, 2011, 06:31:25 AM »
I watched "The Thing" prequel the other night.  I love John Carpenters' movies and to be honest, this one didn't disappoint me too much.  Much different pacing, and there were a couple scenes where I got a little crept out.  Good use of effects.  They didn't go overboard and it was still pretty logical.  I like how things get tied up in the end.
I take everything I said back. The board hit me in the nuts for the first time ever today, because i was wearing these shits.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • Has anybody seen Sponge Harris?
« Reply #4787 on: October 20, 2011, 06:35:06 AM »

T'was good.

Baby Godfather

• Rep: -24
« Reply #4788 on: October 21, 2011, 01:30:14 PM »

layzieyez

• SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #4789 on: October 21, 2011, 03:24:32 PM »
Stand By Me.

River Pheonix, if you had lived, I think you would have had one hell of a career.  The world was robbed.
I take everything I said back. The board hit me in the nuts for the first time ever today, because i was wearing these shits.

David

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #4790 on: October 21, 2011, 04:01:22 PM »
Andrei Tarkovsky's  Stalker.

""as a journey to the heart of darkness, [Stalker] is a good deal more persuasive than Coppola's."
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 04:25:23 PM by David »

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -319
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #4791 on: October 21, 2011, 04:12:00 PM »
Stand By Me.

River Pheonix, if you had lived, I think you would have had one hell of a career.  The world was robbed.

Most his parts after he died went to Leonardo Di Caprio  . Maybe we would have seen pheonix in inception and shutter island

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4792 on: October 21, 2011, 05:04:13 PM »
Stand By Me.

Most his parts after he died went to Leonardo Di Caprio  . Maybe we would have seen pheonix in inception and shutter island

Dude played a young Indiana Jones, he was going to absolutely blow up, real shame.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -319
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #4793 on: October 21, 2011, 05:39:00 PM »
I watched some old school movies

Vertigo: Ive seen it befor and besides some over long scenes with no talking , It really is a master piece

North by North west : Super good all the way through

Notorious : Damn good movie , and Ingrid Bergman is fucking hawt , jesus christ

Psycho : Abit up and down . Classic movie though

Casablanca : Seen it about 20 times , it is a really good movie ,

The Maltese Falcon : Another good movie , some good dialog in it and some twist and turns

Sorry but Im too lazy to post the pics for all these movies . But all of them are worth a watch If you havent seen them !

layzieyez

• SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #4794 on: October 22, 2011, 02:57:35 AM »
Stand By Me.

Dude played a young Indiana Jones, he was going to absolutely blow up, real shame.
River played art films as well as blockbusters.  He probably could have stolen some of Tom Cruise's roles as well.  River in Vanilla Sky?

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
« Reply #4795 on: October 22, 2011, 05:39:26 PM »

shadow of the vampire. love this movie, it ad been too long since i last watched it.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #4796 on: October 22, 2011, 05:50:12 PM »
I watched some old school movies

Vertigo: Ive seen it befor and besides some over long scenes with no talking , It really is a master piece

North by North west : Super good all the way through

Notorious : Damn good movie , and Ingrid Bergman is fucking hawt , jesus christ

Psycho : Abit up and down . Classic movie though

Casablanca : Seen it about 20 times , it is a really good movie ,

The Maltese Falcon : Another good movie , some good dialog in it and some twist and turns

Sorry but Im too lazy to post the pics for all these movies . But all of them are worth a watch If you havent seen them !

I don't really care for Casablanca, I know its a classic, but I watched it in Film class and meh.

layzieyez

• SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #4797 on: October 22, 2011, 07:15:17 PM »
Rear Window and The Birds are my favorite Hitchcock movies.  I'm so happy I got to see The Birds in an actual theater when I was in college.  Creepy.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #4798 on: October 22, 2011, 07:41:22 PM »
Rear Window and The Birds are my favorite Hitchcock movies.  I'm so happy I got to see The Birds in an actual theater when I was in college.  Creepy.

Vertigo is one of my favorites.

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #4799 on: October 23, 2011, 11:21:05 AM »
I saw The Room last night on the big screen. Everyone has to see it in a theater at least one time in their life. It's the best theater experience ever. The audience participation is ruthless/hilarious. Not one flaw goes unnoticed, and that's saying something considering the movie is a 99 minute flub. SPOONS!!!!
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!