Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 925600 times)

Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #4920 on: December 21, 2011, 07:30:03 AM »
Expand Quote

kavinsky 'nightcall' is all time.
[close]

you should get the "nightcall" ep.? ? its got some awesome remixes.

where'd you watch Drive, is it out on DVD yet?

will check the ep for sure.

i watched a downloaded copy. ? not out on dvd yet. ? well not here in oz anyway.

Matze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4921 on: December 21, 2011, 07:36:49 AM »
Expand Quote

Just finished it and thought it was pretty good. Bradley Cooper is slowly becoming one of my favorite actors.
[close]

Same here. I was honestly saw it with a negative perception thinking it would be some weird big budget Hollywood film but was 100% satisfied. Imagine taking that NZT shit and skating..would be nutty, but shitty when you're off of it.

that was a good one! watched it yesterday with my girlfriend and thought about buying these pills afterwards, haha.

steve carell is one of the funiest dudes ever.

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #4922 on: December 21, 2011, 02:30:11 PM »
Was avoiding Drive because people told me there was some pretty gore moments, but I finally watched it and I didn't find it as gore-y(?) as people had said. And I fucking loved it. Best movie of 2011 for me.

Also watched Ides of March, another flick with Ryan Gosling. Didn't think I'd like a movie about politics but I really enjoyed it too.

And for fuck's sake, I'm a film student and I just got around to watching Hitchcock's The Birds. Grew up loathing old films because they looked so dated, thankfully that phase is long gone, The Birds was awesome.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #4923 on: December 21, 2011, 04:00:35 PM »
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #4924 on: December 21, 2011, 04:05:07 PM »
finally watched Drive (thanks piratebay), and i'm pretty blown away.  and not just because i'm a glasscandy/johnny jewel fanboy; its a beautiful movie, amazing soundtrack, great cinematography, homage to LA...

easily the best movie of the year.  i feel like an idiot for not seeing it in the theater.  i saw ryan gosling and cars in the trailer and thought it was some fast and furious movie.  this shit better win some awards.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #4925 on: December 21, 2011, 08:40:49 PM »
Was avoiding Drive because people told me there was some pretty gore moments, but I finally watched it and I didn't find it as gore-y(?) as people had said. And I fucking loved it. Best movie of 2011 for me.

Also watched Ides of March, another flick with Ryan Gosling. Didn't think I'd like a movie about politics but I really enjoyed it too.

And for fuck's sake, I'm a film student and I just got around to watching Hitchcock's The Birds. Grew up loathing old films because they looked so dated, thankfully that phase is long gone, The Birds was awesome.

I was the exact same way until I sat down and watched them. Vertigo is amazing, watch that one next if you havent seen it

I just finished Moneyball, loved it. I am a huge sucker for sports films, especially baseball, The Sandlot, For the Love Of The Game, Bull Durham, to a lesser extent Field of Dreams

Thought Jonah Hill was really good, obviously Brad Pitt brought his A game and he should get some recognition with awards this year, the film too

As has been stated by a bunch in this thread, Drive is also my favourite of 2011

However still havent seen The Artist, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Beginners or Hugo

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #4926 on: December 23, 2011, 12:16:07 PM »

just watched this documentary on competitive video gamers, one of the funniest movies ive ever seen. apparently they edited it to be more dramatic and left a bunch of shit out, but all the people and the shit they say is real, which is completely insane watch it

VictoriousOG

« Reply #4927 on: December 23, 2011, 01:53:21 PM »
From Dusk Till Dawn

Salma Hayek :)

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4928 on: December 23, 2011, 04:18:37 PM »

It is on Netflix as well.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #4929 on: December 23, 2011, 09:36:19 PM »
One of the best dutch movies ever made imo. a lot of amazing quotes in this movie and it's a dutch movie so you see quite a few tits.
My girlfriend never saw it before and she loved it.

PLease watch this movie and enjoy yourself

Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #4930 on: December 23, 2011, 09:47:23 PM »
Just watched Shame. I endorse it, fully.

Though with the frequency of incredibly real sex scenes, the dastardly half of my juvenile mind was genuinely concerned that I might have a boner when the credits roll.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4931 on: December 24, 2011, 12:27:21 AM »

One of the best documentaries I have seen in a while. It is about an American man that defected to North Korea. The reality of his situation really starts to hit you in the second half of the movie. It is available on Netflix.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #4932 on: December 24, 2011, 03:45:03 AM »

just watched this documentary on competitive video gamers, one of the funniest movies ive ever seen. apparently they edited it to be more dramatic and left a bunch of shit out, but all the people and the shit they say is real, which is completely insane watch it

editing is a powerful thing......... but billy mitchell can suck it! and brian kuh is a fucking bitch and possibly the most pathetic human ever

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #4933 on: December 24, 2011, 10:10:24 AM »
^Yeah, took my brother and my 7 year old cousin to see it yesterday.

A very solid and classic style boys adventure movie. I love that 1930s European aesthetic.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #4934 on: December 24, 2011, 02:53:47 PM »
Just caught Tintin last night too. Fully lived up to my expectations. There really aren't nearly enough good adventure type movies anymore.

pappalardospizza

• Rep: -2
« Reply #4935 on: December 24, 2011, 03:16:24 PM »

VictoriousOG

« Reply #4936 on: December 24, 2011, 03:21:08 PM »

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #4937 on: December 29, 2011, 06:07:19 PM »
^^^^one of my faves right there. Soundtrack, and Pam Grier are both bangin.

Big Lurch might've been set up.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #4938 on: December 29, 2011, 07:15:35 PM »
MI: Ghost Protocol was pretty badass

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Human Onion

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4939 on: December 29, 2011, 07:48:09 PM »
Hooked for Life. Swedish documentary about the skate pioneers in sweden, then and now. Pretty good. Actually, it was pretty moving.  If you live in scandinavia you can see it here: http://svtplay.se/v/2662049/dokumentar__hooked_for_life

You can also download it from the piratebay - dunno if it has english subtitles.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #4940 on: December 29, 2011, 09:09:45 PM »

Never saw wall-e before. What a cute movie.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #4941 on: December 29, 2011, 09:16:32 PM »

Hostel 3. I liked the first 2 enough. they weren't classics or anything but good enough. Hostel 3 though, it tried so hard and failed at every turn. every twist was shit and even the kills medicore. The whole hook of these movies are the kills and the film couldn't even get them right. I actually miss eli roth........

this one was good and had me guessing the entire movie. I went in knowing nothing more than the title. when i realised what was going on it was definitely a holy shit, this is really happening moment.

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #4942 on: December 29, 2011, 11:36:16 PM »
MI4 was pretty good.  Simon Pegg killed it as usual.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #4943 on: December 30, 2011, 01:12:28 AM »

Never saw wall-e before. What a cute movie.

One of the best Pixars, up there with Toy Story and Ratatouille

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #4944 on: December 30, 2011, 04:46:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was the exact same way until I sat down and watched them. Vertigo is amazing, watch that one next if you havent seen it

I just finished Moneyball, loved it. I am a huge sucker for sports films, especially baseball, The Sandlot, For the Love Of The Game, Bull Durham, to a lesser extent Field of Dreams

Thought Jonah Hill was really good, obviously Brad Pitt brought his A game and he should get some recognition with awards this year, the film too

As has been stated by a bunch in this thread, Drive is also my favourite of 2011

However still havent seen The Artist, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Beginners or Hugo

Gary Oldman is superb in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, really deserves the oscar.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

myrrh

• Rep: 2
« Reply #4945 on: December 30, 2011, 05:56:57 AM »
^Jenny Agutter.  Mmm.

If you're a germaphobe, stay away from Contagion.  It will make you a shut in.  Good movie.

I thought germaphobe? A person who is afraid of germans? Why shouldnt they see this movie?What is it about?
But then it struck me : Germs!!!

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
« Reply #4946 on: December 30, 2011, 06:11:39 AM »

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #4947 on: January 02, 2012, 09:57:02 AM »
The Producers, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, History of the World, Spaceballs and Robin Hood Men In Tights. In that order.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
« Reply #4948 on: January 02, 2012, 10:26:47 AM »

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #4949 on: January 02, 2012, 11:30:15 AM »
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower