Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 925187 times)

augustmoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #5280 on: April 05, 2012, 08:03:31 PM »
lol, my complaints are unfounded?  its called a fucking opinion you dipshit.  that movie was fucking awful.  the self-satisfaction of the people who made it permeated every fucking scene.  as an homage, it sucked.  plenty of people have made homages of that time period that did not make me want to gouge my eyes out (cohen brothers films, shadow of the vampire are a few that come to mind).  sorry i hurt your feelings about this "fun little silent movie" that sucked ass.  but keep crying about it.  maybe a jack russel terrier will show up and do backflips to brighten you day.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

drunk

• Rep: 59
« Reply #5281 on: April 05, 2012, 08:37:02 PM »
bullets over broadway
formerly toonie

Kristi Yamaguchi

• Rep: -17
« Reply #5282 on: April 05, 2012, 09:24:32 PM »
lol, my complaints are unfounded?  its called a fucking opinion you dipshit.  that movie was fucking awful.  the self-satisfaction of the people who made it permeated every fucking scene.  as an homage, it sucked.  plenty of people have made homages of that time period that did not make me want to gouge my eyes out (cohen brothers films, shadow of the vampire are a few that come to mind).  sorry i hurt your feelings about this "fun little silent movie" that sucked ass.  but keep crying about it.  maybe a jack russel terrier will show up and do backflips to brighten you day.
Opinion? Let's see.
-Pretentious/self important
Nope. This movie was made for the love of silent movies. That's a fact.
-Hollywood circle jerk
Nope. Hollywood wasn't even involved with the making of this picture. That's also a fact. Hollywood just ate it up during awards season because they are so in love with themselves. I don't see what that has to do with the actual movie though.

And how are my feelings hurt? In my first reply to you I said that this movie was just "okay". I didn't even really like it that much. My only complaint here is you not knowing what the fuck you're talking about..

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #5283 on: April 05, 2012, 09:48:58 PM »

VictoriousOG

« Reply #5284 on: April 05, 2012, 09:53:26 PM »

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #5285 on: April 06, 2012, 06:53:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Opinion? Let's see.
-Hollywood circle jerk
Nope. Hollywood wasn't even involved with the making of this picture. That's also a fact. Hollywood just ate it up during awards season because they are so in love with themselves. I don't see what that has to do with the actual movie though.

And how are my feelings hurt? In my first reply to you I said that this movie was just "okay". I didn't even really like it that much. My only complaint here is you not knowing what the fuck you're talking about..

wow, so you're qualified to decide what is opinion and what is fact?  amazing.

and for a movie with supposedly no hollywood connections, its a bit odd that every hollywood asshole had a fucking cameo in it.  i don't give a fuck who made it or why they made it or if the director was from france or if the producer's sister was from morocco or anything else.  my OPINION is that it was a horribly contrived pat on the back.  its a movie for people to pretend they liked because they are supposed to like it, not a movie anybody actually enjoyed.  well i take that back, there is clearly at least one person that actually enjoyed it. 

you reek of college freshman
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5286 on: April 06, 2012, 08:52:58 AM »
going off on a little tangent here, but college freshman would make a pretty profitable cologne.

Quote from:  Calvin Klein Advertisement
Ignite your inner party animal with College Freshman by Calvin Klein

Our new scent features a unique aroma that is one part sex, one part late night taquito, and one part beer bong belches and puke extract. Tell the world that you're in touch with your wild side. Tell the world that you're wearing College Freshman.

"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

Kristi Yamaguchi

« Reply #5287 on: April 06, 2012, 11:53:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Opinion? Let's see.
-Hollywood circle jerk

[close]

wow, so you're qualified to decide what is opinion and what is fact?  amazing.

and for a movie with supposedly no hollywood connections, its a bit odd that every hollywood asshole had a fucking cameo in it.  i don't give a fuck who made it or why they made it or if the director was from france or if the producer's sister was from morocco or anything else.  my OPINION is that it was a horribly contrived pat on the back.  its a movie for people to pretend they liked because they are supposed to like it, not a movie anybody actually enjoyed.  well i take that back, there is clearly at least one person that actually enjoyed it. 

you reek of college freshman
You type like a 12 year old but you're seriously going to complain about me "reeking of college freshman" ? ::)

All bullshit aside though, I'm not going to keep on going back and worth with you about this. You were totally off base in your bitching about this film, end of story. I don't see why it's so hard for you to admit you were wrong.  It's okay to be wrong sometimes dude. This is only an internet discussion, it's not that big of a deal.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #5288 on: April 06, 2012, 08:27:45 PM »
Are you really that butt hurt that he didn't enjoy this movie? If you are, then I guess it must be really good!

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Kristi Yamaguchi

« Reply #5289 on: April 06, 2012, 11:28:08 PM »
No. For the third time, I didn't even like it that much myself. Learn how to read.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 514
« Reply #5290 on: April 07, 2012, 09:02:01 AM »
going off on a little tangent here, but college freshman would make a pretty profitable cologne.

Quote from:  Calvin Klein Advertisement
Expand Quote
Ignite your inner party animal with College Freshman by Calvin Klein

Our new scent features a unique aroma that is one part sex, one part late night taquito, and one part beer bong belches and puke extract. Tell the world that you're in touch with your wild side. Tell the world that you're wearing College Freshman.
[close]

I wonder if they can make the various scents time-release as the night progresses. Late night taquito around 1am, sex at 1:45am-2:15, bong and puke at 3:00am. Just for accuracy purposes.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

ciaran

• Rep: 22
« Reply #5291 on: April 07, 2012, 04:58:19 PM »

Real good.  Similar vein to Animal Kingdom.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #5292 on: April 07, 2012, 06:38:05 PM »
The Warriors directors cut.

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #5293 on: April 10, 2012, 07:58:30 PM »

Pippen

• Rep: 16
« Reply #5294 on: April 10, 2012, 08:48:38 PM »

dude

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #5295 on: April 10, 2012, 10:59:56 PM »

Cinematographer nerds will have seen this already. For those who haven't, the lead actress is insanely good looking and does a full nudity scene. Boo ya.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5296 on: April 11, 2012, 04:56:29 AM »

first half great, second half too long.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5297 on: April 11, 2012, 05:22:27 PM »
bridemaids was a funny movie

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #5298 on: April 11, 2012, 05:57:23 PM »

Castaway on the Moon, pretty interesting, funny at times.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #5299 on: April 12, 2012, 09:30:51 PM »

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #5300 on: April 14, 2012, 04:50:41 AM »

first half great, second half too long.
a friend of my friend has a little role as nazi-officer in it (just an extra)... haven't seen it yet, though
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

kellen

« Reply #5301 on: April 14, 2012, 03:21:37 PM »

It isn't the scariest film in the world but it is probably one of the more original horror/genre films to come out in a while.  It pretty much riffs on all the old cliches in the horror world and mocks some of the japanese horror films that were remade in the u.s.(grudge and the ring).  It also has a nice mix of humor throughout similar to the old Evil Dead pictures.  The films ending is a bit 'meh' but overall it was a fun flick.

Pearl

« Reply #5302 on: April 14, 2012, 04:12:03 PM »

Da Worst

• Rep: -6
« Reply #5303 on: April 14, 2012, 06:26:41 PM »

i will be frank white

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #5304 on: April 14, 2012, 08:12:35 PM »
Watched 'Winter's Bone' tonight.  Brilliant movie!

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #5305 on: April 14, 2012, 10:16:31 PM »

Fassbender once again kills it. The movie was good. Really liked the feel of NY, made me want to buy some boss suits and a grey scarf and just ride the subway staring at bitches.

A bluray rip for those interested

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7177567/Shame_(2011)_1080p_BrRip_x264_-_1.3GB_-_YIFY

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #5306 on: April 15, 2012, 01:42:09 AM »

So good. Brando!
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

dude

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5307 on: April 16, 2012, 03:04:29 PM »
Stay with me on this....

Cabin In The Woods.

If you go into this not knowing fucking ANYTHING, you'll be really entertained.  Very creative play on stereotypical horror movies.

I've heard nothing but good things! I was still kind if on the fence but I think you've convinced me. Might have to see it sometime this week.

S.E.

« Reply #5308 on: April 16, 2012, 05:52:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Stay with me on this....

Cabin In The Woods.

If you go into this not knowing fucking ANYTHING, you'll be really entertained.  Very creative play on stereotypical horror movies.
[close]

I've heard nothing but good things! I was still kind if on the fence but I think you've convinced me. Might have to see it sometime this week.
[close]

It's NOT a horror movie.  It has horror aspects, but it's definitely NOT a horror movie.   ;)

Cabin in the Woods is definitely the most creative and original film to come out in awhile.  Such a fun movie.  The entire time i was watching I just had this smirk on my face just thinking holy fuck.....this is genius

dude

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5309 on: April 16, 2012, 07:11:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Stay with me on this....

Cabin In The Woods.

[close]

[close]

It's NOT a horror movie.  It has horror aspects, but it's definitely NOT a horror movie.   ;)
[close]

Cabin in the Woods is definitely the most creative and original film to come out in awhile.  Such a fun movie.  The entire time i was watching I just had this smirk on my face just thinking holy fuck.....this is genius

Well I'm sold!