Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 577242 times)

wildo_baggins and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #5430 on: April 25, 2012, 01:14:33 PM »
did that rumored second part ever come out?

please tell me that i just missed it somehow. please.
instagram.com/used_shoe/

VictoriousOG

« Reply #5431 on: April 25, 2012, 04:28:54 PM »

Keira Knightley deserves a Best Actress Award with this role, it honestly scared me.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -319
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #5432 on: April 26, 2012, 06:13:29 AM »

Prett damn good , but the movie kinda assumes everybody is a racist deep down. Many of the issues in the movie could
have easy been resolved . Still a cool movie for alot of diffrent reasons

Pretty good , lots of dialog and good acting

While not being a movie , its a series with episodes around 1 hour and about 12 season or something . Poirot fucking rocks , and I really like this time period . Good acting and its fun to watch . More ppl should check it out

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • definitely.
« Reply #5433 on: April 26, 2012, 08:35:08 AM »
I thought Crash was such a blatant rip-off of Traffic.  Traffic was actually good though.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #5434 on: April 27, 2012, 03:31:12 PM »
I'm not a huge fan of this kind of storytelling, with the characters actually filming the story, but this one I really liked

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #5435 on: April 28, 2012, 05:51:27 PM »

Really liked this. Makes me consider taking another kitchen job.

While a pretty cool documentry  . That man is pretty disgusting to watch work in a kitchen , low standards of hygiene . Dude works really dirty in the kitchen and the kitchen is dirty too . His personal hygiene is pretty shit too

still a good watch

GatorsGhost

• Rep: 116
    • Chilogy
« Reply #5436 on: April 28, 2012, 10:22:04 PM »

I worked for the TV show based on the movie for a while.  Both were manipulative and no bueno, in my opinion.

Just watched We Need to Talk About Kevin. Thought it was absolutely brilliant, one of the best films i've seen in a while. Cinematography was great as was the soundtrack which kept me pretty unsettled throughout the whole film. Really gets you thinking about the whole nature vs nurture concept.

Tilda Swinton should have at least been considered by the dipshit academy.  I honestly found the ending a little cheesy though.

Keira Knightley deserves a Best Actress Award with this role, it honestly scared me.
She ruined the whole thing for me.  Full retard.  Love Cronenberg, though.

Really well constructed South Korean movie about a former secret agent out for vengeance. Fans of Oldboy or I Saw The Devil would like it. Reminded me of The Professional too. Starts a bit slow, but the fight scenes at the end are gnarly.

I love Oldboy and thought I Saw The Devil was pretty decent, but I'm still having trouble with this movie.  It's alright, but it just seems like a near-parody of what Korean cinema is now (revenge thriller).  I need to give it a second try sometime.

Recently I've watched

Which I thought would be boring but was actually fucking awesome.  Barry Lyndon doesn't give a shit.  He's like a Spicoli of yesteryear.

Pretty meh.   Some solid wish-fulfillment, but every time they spoke I wanted to punch them.

The last shot is amazing.  The rest of the film is great too, but the last shot sums up everything about the Coens continous theme in an appropriate way:  unplanned, nihilistic chaos at work.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:24:05 PM by GatorsGhost »

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #5437 on: April 28, 2012, 11:25:20 PM »

I worked for the TV show based on the movie for a while.  Both were manipulative and no bueno, in my opinion.

Just watched We Need to Talk About Kevin. Thought it was absolutely brilliant, one of the best films i've seen in a while. Cinematography was great as was the soundtrack which kept me pretty unsettled throughout the whole film. Really gets you thinking about the whole nature vs nurture concept.

Tilda Swinton should have at least been considered by the dipshit academy.  I honestly found the ending a little cheesy though.

She ruined the whole thing for me.  Full retard.  Love Cronenberg, though.

Really well constructed South Korean movie about a former secret agent out for vengeance. Fans of Oldboy or I Saw The Devil would like it. Reminded me of The Professional too. Starts a bit slow, but the fight scenes at the end are gnarly.

I love Oldboy and thought I Saw The Devil was pretty decent, but I'm still having trouble with this movie.  It's alright, but it just seems like a near-parody of what Korean cinema is now (revenge thriller).  I need to give it a second try sometime.

Recently I've watched

Which I thought would be boring but was actually fucking awesome.  Barry Lyndon doesn't give a shit.  He's like a Spicoli of yesteryear.

Pretty meh.   Some solid wish-fulfillment, but every time they spoke I wanted to punch them.

The last shot is amazing.  The rest of the film is great too, but the last shot sums up everything about the Coens continous theme in an appropriate way:  unplanned, nihilistic chaos at work.
I fixed your links

great post, Barry Lyndon is very under appreciated. I felt the same way before watching, thought it would be slow, boring. It is dope, his character goes through such a massive transformation.

God I love this movie

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #5438 on: April 29, 2012, 06:18:04 AM »
Peter sellers was amazing , shame he died so early

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #5439 on: April 29, 2012, 06:59:18 AM »
Don't know why but it's come out earlier here in the UK, watched it on saturday, seriously a really great watch, thought it was brilliant! Some scenes are slightly dragged out but that was my only criticism, it was action packed and surprisingly hilarious, Loki really steals the show, Tom Hiddlestone is a fantastic villain.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:49:13 AM by thepman »
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

VictoriousOG

« Reply #5440 on: April 29, 2012, 05:08:38 PM »

After watching seasons 1-6 of HIMYM I got motivated to watch this again, good watch everytime.

After watching I Love You Man, I got motivated to watch this, awesome cast and really funny.

And finally, got to see this. Knew nothing about the film/book, except that she was a computer hacker and the rape scene. I HATE watching rape scenes, and everyone hyped it up saying it was really graphic, but it wasn't as graphic as I anticipated it to be. Rape scenes get under my skin though, hate em. Great film though! Loved the colors and the length was great, love watching long movies.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #5441 on: April 29, 2012, 05:42:05 PM »
Having seen irreversible, I'd be hard pressed to be jarred by any rape scene ever again.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Sgt.Pepper

• Rep: -167
« Reply #5442 on: April 30, 2012, 07:45:23 PM »
Watched I Am Sam. Boy is it a tearjeaker. I felt so sad when they took his daugther and he kept asking "Why isn't lucy coming home with me?"
"I'd be a teenage virgin, jerking off in my bedroom
 if I wasnt a 20 year old virgin that didn't have a bedroom."

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5443 on: April 30, 2012, 09:03:54 PM »

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

dankradschwag

« Reply #5444 on: May 01, 2012, 09:48:05 AM »
watched the road and expected a lot more to be honest. got tinker tailor soldier spy for five bucks at hastings, that fucking movie is tight tho.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #5445 on: May 01, 2012, 10:02:27 AM »

I always forget how much I enjoy this movie.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
« Reply #5446 on: May 01, 2012, 02:54:25 PM »

Really liked this. Makes me consider taking another kitchen job.

While a pretty cool documentry  . That man is pretty disgusting to watch work in a kitchen , low standards of hygiene . Dude works really dirty in the kitchen and the kitchen is dirty too . His personal hygiene is pretty shit too

still a good watch

Oh that was definitely some thing I took notice of. I can't stand having my work space be very messy and would never be able to function in a kitchen that dirty.

dankradschwag

« Reply #5447 on: May 02, 2012, 01:05:47 PM »

she definitely showed she could act, but that movie really sucked. its like the writers didnt know how to tell a story.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
« Reply #5448 on: May 02, 2012, 05:47:49 PM »
Don't know why but it's come out earlier here in the UK, watched it on saturday, seriously a really great watch, thought it was brilliant! Some scenes are slightly dragged out but that was my only criticism, it was action packed and surprisingly hilarious, Loki really steals the show, Tom Hiddlestone is a fantastic villain.

fucking great movie!  did not disappoint one bit.  ruffalo as bruce banner was a-ok with with.  joss whedon needs to do all of the superhero movies, imo.

here's a link if you don't mind bootleg flicks.

http://www.movie2k.to/The-Avengers-watch-movie-1319957.html

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5449 on: May 02, 2012, 06:13:15 PM »
Going to go see it on Sunday.

pappalardospizza

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5450 on: May 02, 2012, 06:21:15 PM »

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #5451 on: May 02, 2012, 07:32:31 PM »

Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

pappalardospizza

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5452 on: May 04, 2012, 09:29:20 PM »

traumatized

Smurph

• Rep: 30
« Reply #5453 on: May 06, 2012, 12:53:11 PM »
I used to stream most movies on stagevu and source them from quicksilverscreenforum.com. The site got closed down and now I'm looking for a decent place to locate divx movies. Can anybody recommend a food forum/index? Cheers.

ATYPICALSLAPPOSTER

• Rep: -14
« Reply #5454 on: May 06, 2012, 01:17:15 PM »

VictoriousOG

« Reply #5455 on: May 07, 2012, 10:19:46 PM »

Fassbender kicking ass.

Unfortunately though, I barely could understand any of the plot due to the fact I didn't have subtitles to read. I have some bad hearing so it was really hard to understand some of the mumbling and conversations with the Irish accents. Aside from poorly grasping the story the action and cinematography was really great, and Fassbender losing all that weight really freaked me out. On some Machinist/Bale shit. Hopefully I'll be able to rewatch it with subtitles soon.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #5456 on: May 07, 2012, 11:09:57 PM »

heard abunch of bad shit about this movie, that it was pretentious and pointless and honestly its all true but i still found it fucking funny

Generik

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5457 on: May 07, 2012, 11:41:06 PM »
A must see

Ⓐ☭Ⓐ☭Ⓐ

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5458 on: May 08, 2012, 07:56:18 AM »

Fassbender kicking ass.

Unfortunately though, I barely could understand any of the plot due to the fact I didn't have subtitles to read. I have some bad hearing so it was really hard to understand some of the mumbling and conversations with the Irish accents. Aside from poorly grasping the story the action and cinematography was really great, and Fassbender losing all that weight really freaked me out. On some Machinist/Bale shit. Hopefully I'll be able to rewatch it with subtitles soon.
As far as figuring out what was going on with the plot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_sands

David Schwimmer

• Rep: -27
    • http://orgasmicabyss.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5459 on: May 08, 2012, 07:58:33 AM »
Madagascar 1-2 are both well done. The giraffe in the film is quite a character.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:19:34 AM by David Schwimmer »
We were on a break