Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 578875 times)

lamfordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #5460 on: May 08, 2012, 09:07:33 AM »
Don't know why but it's come out earlier here in the UK, watched it on saturday, seriously a really great watch, thought it was brilliant! Some scenes are slightly dragged out but that was my only criticism, it was action packed and surprisingly hilarious, Loki really steals the show, Tom Hiddlestone is a fantastic villain.

fucking great movie!  did not disappoint one bit.  ruffalo as bruce banner was a-ok with with.  joss whedon needs to do all of the superhero movies, imo.

here's a link if you don't mind bootleg flicks.

http://www.movie2k.to/The-Avengers-watch-movie-1319957.html
Fucking love this movie. I already seen it tiwice and will prolly see it again this week. Ruffalo was such a great hulk and Hiddleston is Loki. And the scene at the very end when they are eating shwarma was hilarious.

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #5461 on: May 08, 2012, 09:29:07 AM »
i watched machete for the first time, it was everything i hoped it would be... b grade action awesomeness... just needed more one liners

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #5462 on: May 09, 2012, 11:39:10 PM »

If you can get past the highschool angsty set up of this movie its worth it. Some really cool shit goes down at the end. It wasnt a great movie but definitely worth a watch, this is the kind of movie that if made 10 years from now, would have been so awesome, a lot of the CGI looked crappy at times, sort of like a really long found footage Oh Henry commercial or Powerade commercial

daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #5463 on: May 09, 2012, 11:42:27 PM »

If you can get past the highschool angsty set up of this movie its worth it. Some really cool shit goes down at the end. It wasnt a great movie but definitely worth a watch, this is the kind of movie that if made 10 years from now, would have been so awesome, a lot of the CGI looked crappy at times, sort of like a really long found footage Oh Henry commercial or Powerade commercial

Oh Henry makes commercials?
"you are one radical son of a bitch"

poopmonkey

• Rep: 18
« Reply #5464 on: May 10, 2012, 02:56:39 PM »

totally fun to watch!

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #5465 on: May 12, 2012, 02:37:26 PM »
Looking forward to this as well

Very decent cast: Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, Josh Brolin, Sean Penn, Mickey Cohen, Giovanni Ribisi

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
« Reply #5466 on: May 12, 2012, 03:05:02 PM »

Very decent cast: Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, Josh Brolin, Sean Penn, Mickey Cohen, Giovanni Ribisi

that theater scene

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5467 on: May 12, 2012, 05:02:58 PM »

Had they not used a stupid fucking Jay Z song that doesn't fit anywhere in the movie I would be very stoked on this.

Obviously its just a trailer, and the cast is sick

It looks like LA Noire/LA Confidential minus the good character Guy Pearce, its just all Crowe

Citizen on Patron

• Rep: -11
« Reply #5468 on: May 13, 2012, 08:07:19 AM »
Snatch

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #5469 on: May 13, 2012, 08:16:12 AM »
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #5470 on: May 13, 2012, 02:55:02 PM »
Finally watched Due Date. I had it laying around for over a year. Really liked it. Both actors were like custom fit for the parts.

Edit: Wasn't sleepy enough and decided to watch Woman in Black. Admittingly, it was pretty scary

« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 04:43:50 PM by boyan »

layzieyez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #5471 on: May 13, 2012, 06:24:09 PM »
Avengers exceeded my expectations.
I take everything I said back. The board hit me in the nuts for the first time ever today, because i was wearing these shits.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #5472 on: May 13, 2012, 10:21:54 PM »

Hadn't watched it since theatres. Still super entertaining, and Adrien Brody pulls off the badass act remarkably well -- but goddamn what a poorly written movie. Squandered potential.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #5473 on: May 13, 2012, 11:11:37 PM »

Had they not used a stupid fucking Jay Z song that doesn't fit anywhere in the movie I would be very stoked on this.

Obviously its just a trailer, and the cast is sick

It looks like LA Noire/LA Confidential minus the good character Guy Pearce, its just all Crowe
quentin tarantino wants his movie theater mass murdering scene back. although he has "borrowed" from tons of movies himself.

it might be just me but the clips of penn was a little off putting. not sure if im gonna like his acting choice but i will watch this for emma stone alone.
my first 2 years of college have been impressive. Can you say the same?

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -319
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #5474 on: May 14, 2012, 12:25:39 AM »

Hadn't watched it since theatres. Still super entertaining, and Adrien Brody pulls off the badass act remarkably well -- but goddamn what a poorly written movie. Squandered potential.

What on earth is a good / serius actor like Adrien Brody doing in a shit movie like that ?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
« Reply #5475 on: May 14, 2012, 08:10:23 AM »
Getting paid.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
« Reply #5476 on: May 14, 2012, 08:13:04 AM »
Not sure if it's abp, but holy shit do I want to see this:

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -319
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #5477 on: May 14, 2012, 08:25:59 AM »
Getting paid.

comes a point when you dont really need more money , think he has been there awhile now . Just selling out like crazy

VictoriousOG

« Reply #5478 on: May 14, 2012, 08:59:54 AM »

Good movie, but they really lost me with the whole head game bullshit. Andre 3000 is my dude though.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #5479 on: May 14, 2012, 11:21:44 AM »
i forgot how funny joe dirt is in till i watched it again last night

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5480 on: May 14, 2012, 11:26:22 AM »
I liked the Avengers. Don't think I'll be seeing it again in Theaters, still don't like 3D.

The movie was well written, definitely knew when to lighten up and get some cheap laughs.

Loki was sick, probably my favourite character in the movie, didn't like him in Thor though. Tom Hiddlestons a legit actor, looks just like Fassbender too, random

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #5481 on: May 14, 2012, 11:29:12 AM »
I liked the Avengers. Don't think I'll be seeing it again in Theaters, still don't like 3D.

The movie was well written, definitely knew when to lighten up and get some cheap laughs.

Loki was sick, probably my favourite character in the movie, didn't like him in Thor though. Tom Hiddlestons a legit actor, looks just like Fassbender too, random

Do you not have the option to see it in without?  I hate 3D as well.  The movie was sick though.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #5482 on: May 14, 2012, 03:01:08 PM »
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
  • rawr
« Reply #5483 on: May 14, 2012, 03:20:25 PM »

I'm so fucking gosh darn excited to see this. I loooove me some Baby Goose.
Just saw that new Mel Gibson movie Get the Gringo. I liked it, sorta reminded me of Payback.
The Hunter with Willem Dafoe was pretty sick. Gorgeous cinematography. And plus, watching Dafoe got me all hyped to re watch this:

one of my all time favorites

im probably lying

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
« Reply #5484 on: May 14, 2012, 10:31:51 PM »
"To Live and Die in LA" is one of my all time favorites too.  seems like a bad 80s cliche for a little bit, then things get real serious real quick.  i think this, "Manhunter", and "They Live" are my favorites of that era and style.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
  • rawr
« Reply #5485 on: May 14, 2012, 11:14:19 PM »
"To Live and Die in LA" is one of my all time favorites too.  seems like a bad 80s cliche for a little bit, then things get real serious real quick.  i think this, "Manhunter", and "They Live" are my favorites of that era and style.
That movie is another great one. I wish William Petersen had blown up a little bit more, he's fantastic. People call me crazy, but I like Brian Cox's Hannibal Lecter more than Anthony Hopkins. Hopkins was great, but for some reason I find Cox to be creepier.

im probably lying

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #5486 on: May 15, 2012, 04:42:40 AM »
That movie is another great one. I wish William Petersen had blown up a little bit more, he's fantastic. People call me crazy, but I like Brian Cox's Hannibal Lecter more than Anthony Hopkins. Hopkins was great, but for some reason I find Cox to be creepier.

You're not crazy, Cox rules.

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #5487 on: May 15, 2012, 10:04:05 AM »

Do you not have the option to see it in without?  I hate 3D as well.  The movie was sick though.
No, you can see it 2D. But from what I've heard, even 3D haters loved the 3D.

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #5488 on: May 15, 2012, 10:25:59 AM »
My problem with 3D is that the colors always seem washed out.  A friend told me that's because you need a different bulb or something but it's way more expensive, so most theaters haven't made the switch.  Not sure if I said that right as I'm not the most tech of dudes.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #5489 on: May 15, 2012, 10:29:35 AM »

i worked with the dude who edited Live and Die in LA.  old school Hollywood guy.  that was one of his proudest films he worked on

it is a great film.  Friedkin at his best
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."