Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 925314 times)

Monty Burns

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #5400 on: May 14, 2012, 08:25:59 AM »
Getting paid.

comes a point when you dont really need more money , think he has been there awhile now . Just selling out like crazy

VictoriousOG

« Reply #5401 on: May 14, 2012, 08:59:54 AM »

Good movie, but they really lost me with the whole head game bullshit. Andre 3000 is my dude though.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #5402 on: May 14, 2012, 11:21:44 AM »
i forgot how funny joe dirt is in till i watched it again last night

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #5403 on: May 14, 2012, 11:26:22 AM »
I liked the Avengers. Don't think I'll be seeing it again in Theaters, still don't like 3D.

The movie was well written, definitely knew when to lighten up and get some cheap laughs.

Loki was sick, probably my favourite character in the movie, didn't like him in Thor though. Tom Hiddlestons a legit actor, looks just like Fassbender too, random

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #5405 on: May 14, 2012, 03:20:25 PM »
Looking forward to this as well

Gangster Squad Official Trailer #1 (2012) Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone Movie HD

Very decent cast: Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, Josh Brolin, Sean Penn, Mickey Cohen, Giovanni Ribisi
I'm so fucking gosh darn excited to see this. I loooove me some Baby Goose.
Just saw that new Mel Gibson movie Get the Gringo. I liked it, sorta reminded me of Payback.
The Hunter with Willem Dafoe was pretty sick. Gorgeous cinematography. And plus, watching Dafoe got me all hyped to re watch this:
To Live and Die in L.A.(1985) - Theatrical Trailer
one of my all time favorites

im probably lying

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #5406 on: May 14, 2012, 10:31:51 PM »
"To Live and Die in LA" is one of my all time favorites too.  seems like a bad 80s cliche for a little bit, then things get real serious real quick.  i think this, "Manhunter", and "They Live" are my favorites of that era and style.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #5407 on: May 14, 2012, 11:14:19 PM »
"To Live and Die in LA" is one of my all time favorites too.  seems like a bad 80s cliche for a little bit, then things get real serious real quick.  i think this, "Manhunter", and "They Live" are my favorites of that era and style.
That movie is another great one. I wish William Petersen had blown up a little bit more, he's fantastic. People call me crazy, but I like Brian Cox's Hannibal Lecter more than Anthony Hopkins. Hopkins was great, but for some reason I find Cox to be creepier.

im probably lying

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5408 on: May 15, 2012, 10:04:05 AM »
Expand Quote
I liked the Avengers. Don't think I'll be seeing it again in Theaters, still don't like 3D.

The movie was well written, definitely knew when to lighten up and get some cheap laughs.

Loki was sick, probably my favourite character in the movie, didn't like him in Thor though. Tom Hiddlestons a legit actor, looks just like Fassbender too, random

[close]

Do you not have the option to see it in without?  I hate 3D as well.  The movie was sick though.
No, you can see it 2D. But from what I've heard, even 3D haters loved the 3D.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #5409 on: May 15, 2012, 10:29:35 AM »

i worked with the dude who edited Live and Die in LA.  old school Hollywood guy.  that was one of his proudest films he worked on

it is a great film.  Friedkin at his best
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5410 on: May 22, 2012, 08:51:11 AM »

Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol

Leave it to a Pixar oscar winning director to make probably the best Mission Impossible movie. I still have a soft spot for the first one just because how batshit crazy it gets with all the betrayal, plus Jean Reno is in it. However this one is really good, worth a watch.

Aliens

I still prefer the Ridley Scott one, no denying that this one is awesome. I just liked the emptiness of the first ship and not knowing what the fuck was going on. This one was Terminator 2 in space. Getting hyped for Prometheus

dude

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5411 on: May 22, 2012, 12:11:39 PM »

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 10:13:00 PM by dude »

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #5412 on: May 22, 2012, 04:41:30 PM »

All really good in their own way.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #5413 on: May 23, 2012, 09:49:31 AM »

This was so good, I highly suggest this
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 09:51:31 AM by Mark Renton »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5414 on: May 23, 2012, 11:24:22 AM »
I just started introduycing my wife to the Alien movies.  We watched the first one last night.  She already knew about the chest burster with John Hurt, but she was totally surprised by the facehugger and Ash being a cyborg.  It's really cool watching these with someone who has never seen them and doesn't know much about them.  She's a big sci-fi fan and wanted to be properly equipped for Prometheus.

Awesome. I still squirm when watching any facehugger scene. The chest burster doesn't bother me much but the spider-like movement and look of the facehugger just kills me

David

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5415 on: May 23, 2012, 08:20:12 PM »
Mike Judge's latest:  Extract

caught the end of this.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #5416 on: May 23, 2012, 08:23:59 PM »
that movie sucked
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

David

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5417 on: May 23, 2012, 08:28:55 PM »
You might be right since I didn't see the whole thing.

A half-assed post, I will admit.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #5418 on: May 23, 2012, 08:36:46 PM »
oh sorry, you might like it, but i didn't
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

dude

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5419 on: May 23, 2012, 10:14:05 PM »
Expand Quote

I just started introduycing my wife to the Alien movies.  We watched the first one last night.  She already knew about the chest burster with John Hurt, but she was totally surprised by the facehugger and Ash being a cyborg.  It's really cool watching these with someone who has never seen them and doesn't know much about them.  She's a big sci-fi fan and wanted to be properly equipped for Prometheus.
[close]

Awesome. I still squirm when watching any facehugger scene. The chest burster doesn't bother me much but the spider-like movement and look of the facehugger just kills me

I took a Cultural Geography class last semester and my prof had our class watch Alien and relate it post colonial theory. It was a pretty interesting way to watch the movie, I must say. But the funny part was that before we watched it, my prof was like "ya, so were gonna watch Alien, it's this cheesy sci-fi movie from the late 70's that was made during the end of the Vietnam war." Then she'd say other stuff like "the make-up and special effects are really cheesy too". A bunch of people in my class hadn't seen it and took every word my prof said completely seriously. We watched it with the lights off, and let's just say, people were losing there shit. One girl walked out with tears in her eyes. As a film nerd, this was an insanely satisfying moment for me. The fact that a movie made more than 30 years ago could still have that kind of effect on people is a genuine accomplishment. My hat is forever off to to Ridley Scott and H.R. Gieger. *Cue Prometheus stoke comment*

« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:19:50 PM by dude »

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #5420 on: May 24, 2012, 02:41:54 AM »
post colonial theory of alien 4: subaltern rape white chicks and create super beings with brain of white and dick of black.

dude

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5421 on: May 24, 2012, 01:10:48 PM »
Expand Quote
post colonial theory of alien 4: subaltern rape white chicks and create super beings with brain of white and dick of black.
[close]

HAHAHAHA!

And @dude- I bet that was an awesome experience.  I would have loved to have seen that.  Was that intentional on your teacher's part?

Haha that was the part that made my head spin: my prof actually thought that the "horror" aspects of the film wouldn't translate well to our generation or something. Needless to say, she was dead wrong. But I'm glad she did it. Every time she downplayed the film's special effects and what not, I kept thinking to myself, these sons of bitches have no idea what's coming their way. And the tears flowed...

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5422 on: May 24, 2012, 09:25:08 PM »
just re watched drive. really the best movie ever, and its on netflix

R. D. Pullman

• Rep: -2
  • it'lldo
« Reply #5423 on: May 24, 2012, 09:27:32 PM »
THE GAME - Trailer - HQ
its been long enough since the last time i saw this that i dont remember the majority of it. i hope that johnny depp and tim burton dont try to remake it as they go through the archives and fucking ruin it, making it weird and colorful.

victor333

« Reply #5424 on: May 24, 2012, 11:25:00 PM »

Loved it. Wish more movies would take their time like that film did. It makes the more sparse action scene so much more tense.

The Proposition

Really, really enjoyed it. If you liked Drive, you'll probably like this movie - another good one that takes its time and really builds the tension.

Western set in Australia in the late 1800's, with one of the best soundtracks I've heard in a while. The scenery alone is breathtaking.

It's on Comcast streampix if you have it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 09:26:21 PM by victor333 »

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5425 on: May 25, 2012, 01:08:05 AM »
^Shouldn't have such a negative rep with movie recommendations like that.

The Proposition is solid as hell. You summed it up

Watching this now

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #5426 on: May 25, 2012, 02:18:59 AM »

All too predictable; As soon as there's a serious Latin American movie you can be damn sure it ends melodramatically, but it was a good watch nonetheless.

Watching this now

How'd you like it? I've never actually watched a Gaspar Noe movie. I hear about what a trip that movie is, but I'm hesitant going in knowing how much he just likes deliberately making audiences uncomfortable.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #5427 on: May 25, 2012, 07:58:14 AM »
Finally went to see The Avengers. I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch it in 3D, but since I don't have a 3D tv, it could've been the only time I could watch it that way so I did. And yeah, it was kinda distracting in 3D. Overall good movie, story was okay, I expected a bit more action, but the last action scene was really sick choreography-wise. And even though his was the most awful movie coming up to this one, the Hulk was a real star in this one. Tom Hiddleston also does a fine job portraying the bad guy and I also see the resemblance to Michael Fassbender. Will definitely watch it again when it comes out

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #5428 on: May 25, 2012, 06:58:51 PM »
Found this on the local Redbox. I loved these types

David

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5429 on: May 25, 2012, 10:45:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Loved it. Wish more movies would take their time like that film did. It makes the more sparse action scene so much more tense.

The Proposition

Really, really enjoyed it. If you liked Drive, you'll probably like this movie - another good one that takes its time and really builds the tension.

Western set in Australia in the late 1800's, with one of the best soundtracks I've heard in a while. The scenery alone is breathtaking.

It's on Comcast streampix if you have it.

You forgot to mention that it was written by none other than Nick Cave.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:26:20 PM by David »