Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 925332 times)

landCow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #5460 on: June 04, 2012, 03:25:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^^ I think it's like number 2? of most disturbing films of all time. I thought the editing was good and had good camera work A couple of scenes were a little too much, but overall decent film.

you should check out:

pretty brutal
[close]

Do I dare?

I'm pretty mind fucked at the moment because I've been watching every fucked up movie possible since about 8 in the morning yesterday till now...
[close]

Do it!  It's the most disturbing movie i've seen.  Saw it a few years ago and still think about it from time to time.  It's just relentless.  specially the second half (which after seeing the first half, you'll wonder how that's possible)
[close]

I think it's a little unfair to compare it to something like A Serbian Film though.  Martyrs seems to have more.... of a point, maybe?  Not sure how to say it, but it's just that it seems to serve more of a purpose I guess.

disturbing and horrifying, yes. but regardless martyrs is one of the greatest films i've ever seen, period. through every single twist and turn (and there are plenty of them) the film sucks you right in. Just when you think you have it figured the film surprises you and reveals just a bit more of its story but always progresses with the audience mostly in the dark. Even at the end of the film there are still plenty of questions. Just what did the girl whisper to the old woman? why did she kill herself? and these questions stay with you much like the imagery throughout. a very powerful film.   

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #5461 on: June 06, 2012, 11:27:39 PM »
I did some reading about "A Serbian Film". Absolutely zero interest to watch babies getting raped and whatever else goes on.

Martyrs does sound interesting though, I've seen it pop up a few times here before

Paid in Full

Saw it again on Netflix, its by no means a good movie, just one I enjoy watching. If you're on Netflix and can't find something to watch, give it a shot

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5462 on: June 06, 2012, 11:28:31 PM »
Paid in Full [2002] full movie

Just found the whole thing on YouTube

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5463 on: June 07, 2012, 04:08:26 AM »
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

Citizen on Patron

• Rep: -11
« Reply #5464 on: June 07, 2012, 04:36:31 AM »

Best one I've watched in awhile

poopmonkey

• Rep: 20
« Reply #5465 on: June 07, 2012, 12:51:16 PM »

so fun. one of hitchcock's best. will have you guessing to the very end!

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #5466 on: June 07, 2012, 04:16:31 PM »
i just watched moonrise kindom, it was good, definately one of/if not my least favorite of wes anderson's movies though. i didnt know anything about it going in, and was pretty taken aback by the young girl main character. mostly i just hated her, a lot of her dialogue sounded so memorized and didnt seem like she meant/knew what she was saying a lot of the time. she was cute though, i just figured she was some 18-20something year old like most actors playing some younger person. but she is 12? why put her in so much make up and in a bra and shit for so long? is this guilt supposed to be part of the reaction to the movie? i dont really get why he chose to do it this way.

plus i get that he was showing off the wonder/optimism of children, verses the disaffected adults he usually has as leads. i just didn't enjoy the scenes with just the kids nearly as much as the adult ones. also he shoulda used owen wilson.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

BraveUlysses

« Reply #5467 on: June 07, 2012, 04:45:20 PM »
Awesome documentary                                                   

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #5468 on: June 08, 2012, 11:12:33 PM »

http://www.1channel.ch/watch-2475105-Super (stream)

the violence in this is pretty gruesome. i didn't expect it to get that gnarly. i liked it way more than Kick-Ass too.

http://www.1channel.ch/watch-1542919-Let-Me-In (stream)

highly recommend this movie. the plot, characters, acting, cinematography, etc. are all great. watch it if you haven't already.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #5469 on: June 09, 2012, 09:00:31 AM »
I watched it in Swedish. Is it better in English?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5470 on: June 09, 2012, 09:04:27 AM »
I watched it in Swedish. Is it better in English?

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #5471 on: June 09, 2012, 11:29:42 AM »

direct yourself to the prometheus thread for spoilers and my thoughts on it
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

poopmonkey

• Rep: 20
« Reply #5472 on: June 09, 2012, 03:33:04 PM »

http://www.1channel.ch/watch-2475105-Super (stream)

the violence in this is pretty gruesome. i didn't expect it to get that gnarly. i liked it way more than Kick-Ass too.

Liv Tyler is way fucking beautiful in this movie. I have to say i liked kick-ass better though, mostly because of the way it was set up way bigger, total entertainfest. This one has its moments too, especially when he hits the people who cut in line with the wrench. So fucking fun!

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5473 on: June 09, 2012, 03:59:26 PM »

highly recommend this movie. the plot, characters, acting, cinematography, etc. are all great. watch it if you haven't already.

highly recommend you watch the original. The acting, cinematography and music are all superior to the american remake. Not to say its bad, but every aspect of the film is executed much better in the Swedish version

"Let the Right One In" (2008) — Scene: Eli telling Oscar to fight back

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #5474 on: June 09, 2012, 11:40:12 PM »
I turned super off halfway through, thought it was complete shit.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #5475 on: June 10, 2012, 04:41:45 AM »
If anyone is interested, Tim & Eric's Billion Dollar movie is streaming on netflix.....its ok.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #5476 on: June 10, 2012, 09:22:44 AM »
Sofa King gnarly?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #5477 on: June 10, 2012, 05:59:07 PM »
Thrashin' is on netflix.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

kellen

« Reply #5478 on: June 11, 2012, 03:29:02 PM »

Tilda Swinton is superb (as usual),  and Ezra Miller is matches her step for step as Kevin who goes on a school shooting rampage which in turn leaves Swinton's character to deal with the aftermath.  Most of the film is Swinton and Miller's character going at it back and forth from your typical teen adolescence to her realize that something is seriously off with her son.  For me personally the best part of the film was the way that it was shot;  A lot of cool ways the characters are framed in scenes whether it be by windows, posters, items at the grocery stores (It's a lot of like director Lynne Ramsay's other films in that respect.)  John C. Reilly is also in the film as Kevin's father but he only appears sporadically throughout and its difficult to understand what he's saying most of the time because he is pretty much mumbling.  I'm not sure if I liked the film more than Gus Van Sant's Elephant which features the same subject matter but it's still really good.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 01:12:31 PM by kellen »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #5479 on: June 11, 2012, 04:15:19 PM »

Fantastic. Really funny, the cast was great

I enjoyed it.  Anderson broke out of his shell a little.  No Rolling Stones!?  "I'm going to go find a tree to cut down"

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5480 on: June 11, 2012, 04:21:28 PM »
Expand Quote

Fantastic. Really funny, the cast was great

[close]

I enjoyed it.  Anderson broke out of his shell a little.  No Rolling Stones!?  "I'm going to go find a tree to cut down"

Its the closest thing to a live action Fantastic mr fox as there will be. Especially that shot with the three of them holding onto the rope at the end

It was great, need to see it again

Cuckoo! (Moonrise Kingdom choir song)

EAT PUSSY!

• Rep: 29
« Reply #5481 on: June 12, 2012, 09:09:07 AM »
pals, i just want to say thank you!
i have watched so much good movies i would never heard of, and that's just because this forum!
thanks again!  :-*

frisco

• SLAP Pal

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #5483 on: June 12, 2012, 07:46:52 PM »
dog day afternoon. opening scene is just ridiculously tense.. al pacino is the jesus

CATZ

« Reply #5484 on: June 12, 2012, 07:59:08 PM »

Tilda Swinton is superb (as usual),  and Ezra Miller is matches her step for step as Kevin who goes on a school shooting rampage which in turn leaves Swinton's character to deal with the aftermath.  Most of the film is Swinton and Miller's character going at it back and forth from your typical teen adolescence to her realize that something is seriously off with her son.  For me personally the best part of the film was the way that it was shot;  A lot of cool ways the characters are framed in scenes whether it be by windows, posters, items at the grocery stores (It's a lot of like director Lynne Ramsay's other films in that respect.)  John C. Reilly is also in the film as Kevin's father but he only appears sporadically throughout and its difficult to understand what he's saying most of the time because he is pretty much mumbling.  I'm not sure if I liked the film more than Gus Van Sant's Elephant which features the same subject matter but it's still really good.

you might wanna edit this for people who havnt seen the movie breh, pretty big spoiler. awesome movie tho

TheFifthColumn

• Rep: -113
« Reply #5485 on: June 12, 2012, 08:22:07 PM »

Has anyone seen this?  It's pretty obscure but somehow made it into the Criterion collection.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #5486 on: June 12, 2012, 09:57:23 PM »
has anyone seen the new cronenberg movie?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #5487 on: June 13, 2012, 02:23:24 AM »
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

victor333

« Reply #5488 on: June 13, 2012, 01:35:06 PM »

Attack the Block

Super charming, solid acting all around, and a heart-felt underlying message.

The pacing was great -never a dull moment - and I was pleasantly surprised by how the young actors played their roles. The guy who played Moses did especially well. Plus, everyone has a cool accent.

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #5489 on: June 14, 2012, 12:08:27 AM »

all of PTA's movies are really really good, really looking forward to this The Master Official Teaser Trailer #1 - Paul Thomas Anderson Movie (2012) HD