Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 925466 times)

Useless Wooden Bench

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #5760 on: November 08, 2012, 11:21:37 AM »
Saw the Sergio Leone Dollars trilogy for the first time, and

This is one of those movies that seems to get better and better the more I think back on it.

SUPERNAUT

• Rep: -70
  • suck it
    • Max Hates Your Favorite Movies avatar image
« Reply #5761 on: November 08, 2012, 01:13:50 PM »
Roger Moore was a pussy.
No! Roger moore was fucking awesome! He was in Moonraker ffs!

maxhatesyourfavoritemovies.blogspot.com

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 416
« Reply #5762 on: November 08, 2012, 01:19:34 PM »
I meant your thoughts on it.

Solid portrayal of alcoholism by Denzel, great directing by Bob Zemeckis, and the hottest fucking naked shots of Ruxin's wife from 'The League'

"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #5763 on: November 08, 2012, 03:07:28 PM »

Watched this last night for the first time, a friend of mine is obsessed with Jim Thompson and lent me this.

Solid, didn't like it as much as The Killing, which is another Thompson novel, but still really enjoyed it.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #5764 on: November 08, 2012, 05:42:36 PM »
two of the best movies i've ever seen were on tv this past week. i highly recommend them if you haven't checked em out yet.

Talk Radio (1988)

Starring Eric Bogosian, Alec Baldwin, John C. McGinley

Directed by Oliver Stone

streaming links http://www.1channel.ch/watch-107836-Talk-Radio

closing theme

The Penguin Cafe Orchestra-Telephone and Rubber Band

The Last Temptation of Christ (1988)

Starring Willem Dafoe, Harvey Keitel, Harry Dean Stanton

Directed by Martin Scorsese

streaming links http://www.1channel.ch/watch-12896-The-Last-Temptation-of-Christ

closing theme

It Is Accomplished (The Last Temptation of Christ) - Peter Gabriel

edit: wow, i just realized that both of the main characters in these films have a pretty big thing in common. i won't spoil it though.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 05:47:06 PM by smokecrack »

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5765 on: November 09, 2012, 12:20:59 AM »
Expand Quote
skyfall was a mixture between the classic sean connery flicks and the reality of the 21st century. it has nerdy hipsters, old aston martins, whiskey shots AND vodka martinis. made me really exiting for the next part. I don't tell any spoilers, but the saga will continue and daniel craig is playing bond like a real man.
[close]
As opposed to to the other actors who played bond like a women?
all of them have been upper class beauties, just perfect man without any weaknesses. craig is a dirty alcoholic, vulnerable, grimy, his face is rough ... he could have been to fightclub. brosnan? nah, never.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5766 on: November 09, 2012, 03:09:15 AM »
Just saw the midnight release of Skyfall

It was really well done.

Go see it.

Spoilers

At times it didn't feel like you were watching a Bond film. They didn't even bring out the main theme until the last 30 minutes which was great. It was a tad slow at parts, which I am not complaining about, Mendes in the past has done pretty talk-heavy dramas so it was a little expected.

Not seeing Bardem for the first hour and a half had me a little worried that he would have a limited role, that his character would not be developed enough. The scene between him and M in the glass prison cell squashed all that. That was one of my favourite parts.

I don't want to focus on it too much as usually I put too much stock into the photography of a movie, but wow. Roger Deakins fucking killed this one. The lighting was amazing, from the blazing sky at night during the last sequence to the numerous silhouettes and perfectly symmetrical  frames. From a cinematography stand point its my favourite of the year, even more so than The Master and Looper.

I really hope its not Daniel Craigs last Bond film as I read today. The death of M really sets up the franchise going forward, new Q, new M, and he's a great Bond, one of the best. And seriously how sick is Ralph Fiennes, early on I was so stoked to see he would be in the film.

I'm seeing it again this week

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #5767 on: November 09, 2012, 04:29:04 AM »

It was really well done.

Go see it.

Spoilers

At times it didn't feel like you were watching a Bond film. They didn't even bring out the main theme until the last 30 minutes which was great. It was a tad slow at parts, which I am not complaining about, Mendes in the past has done pretty talk-heavy dramas so it was a little expected.

Not seeing Bardem for the first hour and a half had me a little worried that he would have a limited role, that his character would not be developed enough. The scene between him and M in the glass prison cell squashed all that. That was one of my favourite parts.

I don't want to focus on it too much as usually I put too much stock into the photography of a movie, but wow. Roger Deakins fucking killed this one. The lighting was amazing, from the blazing sky at night during the last sequence to the numerous silhouettes and perfectly symmetrical  frames. From a cinematography stand point its my favourite of the year, even more so than The Master and Looper.

I really hope its not Daniel Craigs last Bond film as I read today. The death of M really sets up the franchise going forward, new Q, new M, and he's a great Bond, one of the best. And seriously how sick is Ralph Fiennes, early on I was so stoked to see he would be in the film.

Don't forget we have a Moneypenny now as well!! Craig is signed up to do a further two Bond films, Skyfall isn't his last.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5768 on: November 09, 2012, 04:33:32 AM »
Expand Quote

It was really well done.

Go see it.

Spoilers

[close]

Don't forget we have a Moneypenny now as well!! Craig is signed up to do a further two Bond films, Skyfall isn't his last.

Good call, that Moneypenny reveal was legit, did not see that coming. Good news about Craig being signed, I had no idea.

Hopefully Nolan takes a crack at the next bond. I can only imagine how sick that would be.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #5769 on: November 09, 2012, 08:11:50 AM »
I think I'll go see it Sunday.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #5770 on: November 09, 2012, 05:49:33 PM »

Just watched this last night and it was awesome. I highly recommend it. It's streaming on Netflix.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 10:16:08 PM by RCB3 »

Irvine-Sucks.com

thunderwood

• Rep: -18
« Reply #5771 on: November 09, 2012, 06:29:20 PM »
Expand Quote
I meant your thoughts on it.
[close]
Solid portrayal of alcoholism by Denzel, great directing by Bob Zemeckis, and the hottest fucking naked shots of Ruxin's wife from 'The League'
Flight was such a downer... I enjoyed it but it took forever to gain momentum and then kept pummeling you with sadness.  I won't spoil it but the shot in the hotel room where he swipes the bottle is priceless, gotta get a gif of that one.

frank

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5772 on: November 09, 2012, 06:58:06 PM »
who's gots the boots for the legs on the man with the iron fist 8{n[

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #5773 on: November 11, 2012, 06:05:25 PM »
seven psychopaths was pretty good. i enjoyed it.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5774 on: November 11, 2012, 06:17:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

It was really well done.

Go see it.

Spoilers

[close]

[close]

Good call, that Moneypenny reveal was legit, did not see that coming. Good news about Craig being signed, I had no idea.

Hopefully Nolan takes a crack at the next bond. I can only imagine how sick that would be.

I also heard Idris Elba might become the next Bond after Craig. So when he does eventually leave the franchise may be left in good hands anyway.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #5775 on: November 11, 2012, 06:44:18 PM »
A black James Bond would be pretty fucking radical, definitely not against it. I love Daniel Craig's Bond, but post-Craig -  I'm kinda holding out for Michael Fassbender. Won't be the first time an Irishman's played Bond.

Skyfall was excellent.

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #5776 on: November 11, 2012, 09:09:54 PM »
who's gots the boots for the legs on the man with the iron fist 8{n[

http://www.1channel.ch/watch-1987343-The-Man-with-the-Iron-Fists
These are all pirate video camera links and not dvd rips so adjust your expectations accordingly.
I trust Putlocker.  Filenuke works for me also but it takes significantly longer to load and buffer. 

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #5777 on: November 11, 2012, 10:06:12 PM »

Goofy but fun 80's horror movie!

SUPERNAUT

• Rep: -70
  • suck it
    • Max Hates Your Favorite Movies avatar image
« Reply #5778 on: November 11, 2012, 10:22:10 PM »
Tim & Eric's Billion Dollar Movie. So fucking good.

maxhatesyourfavoritemovies.blogspot.com

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5779 on: November 12, 2012, 01:47:10 AM »
A black James Bond would be pretty fucking radical, definitely not against it. I love Daniel Craig's Bond, but post-Craig -  I'm kinda holding out for Michael Fassbender. Won't be the first time an Irishman's played Bond.

Skyfall was excellent.

Elba bond would be sick. But holy shit a Fassbender bond? I don't know I can think of an actor I'd rather see play Bond.

He played sort of a spy/killer role in the movie "Haywire"

Harem

malibu hamish

• Rep: -11
« Reply #5781 on: November 13, 2012, 08:17:49 PM »
it had its moments, overall a pretty good movie
Why Stop Now Official Trailer #1 (2012) - Jesse Eisenberg Movie HD

TomTom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #5782 on: November 14, 2012, 11:36:07 AM »
Just watched TED, laughed a lot even though McFarlane uses the same voices as in Family Guy

Riverside

• Rep: -33
« Reply #5783 on: November 14, 2012, 03:22:18 PM »
THE GREY
some nice filming
Sooner or later the Karma always end in your fucking face

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5784 on: November 17, 2012, 02:04:19 AM »

Got a little crazy towards the ends but I really liked the beginning. The french chick was hot as fuck too

BluRay torrent here

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7830983/The_Dark_Knight_Rises_(2012)_1080p_BrRip_x264_-_YIFY

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #5785 on: November 17, 2012, 04:10:33 AM »
It's been up 2 days and I already seen it 2 days since. Though at times very predictable (perhaps because I read some of the comics), I fucking loved every minute of it. Only Bane's end was kinda meeeh

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5786 on: November 17, 2012, 06:28:01 PM »

I know this was highly acclaimed, but I actually found it a little sluggish at times, I didn't care enough about some characters. Ryan Gosling was amazing, and I really started to warm to it towards the end. But during the middle I felt it lost its way a little. I'd still give it a decent 7 or 8 out of 10 though.

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #5787 on: November 17, 2012, 07:17:09 PM »

Good, not great.

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #5788 on: November 17, 2012, 08:21:43 PM »

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5789 on: November 19, 2012, 08:42:02 AM »
Too much Tron, not enough Alien, but this is pretty sick

Science Fiction: A Supercut (Glitch Mob remix "Monday")