Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 925146 times)

augustmoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #5910 on: January 14, 2013, 05:30:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Those posters are sick. Are they available for purchase anywhere?
[close]

Yes.

http://www.mondotees.com/

But they sell out pretty fast.  You can get on their mailing list and you'll be notified the day before they go on sale though.  Check the archive.  They have some amazing shit.  They also are starting to do vinyl releases of soundtracks.

i'd just about kill for that new york ripper poster.  are these the same people that did the "beyond" soundtrack reissue a while back?  the cover for that was amazing
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5911 on: January 14, 2013, 05:34:40 PM »
Django was fucking dope... I needed a good Tarantino flick and he delivered again.
I also just saw Cloud Atlas, and even though I was pretty sure I'd hate it, I thought it was a pretty damn good movie. For a nearly three hour flick the time went by really quickly, and once I had a handle on the way the story was being told I was pretty hyped on it.

penguin meat

« Reply #5912 on: January 14, 2013, 06:58:39 PM »

I liked it. It's on netflix I think.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #5913 on: January 14, 2013, 09:35:42 PM »
don't even have a record player, but i have to have that beyond record.  i'm sure its a fortune now, if i can even find a copy.  maniac, and drive are a must too.

these people are going to take all of my money

(ps, that project i hit you up about is very beyond influenced.  i'll give you more details soon i hope)
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #5914 on: January 15, 2013, 01:36:29 AM »
If y'all are into extremely geeky shit like "favorite movie posters" check out my guest blog for my homie's film review site.  The posters ARE pretty amazing though.

http://anotherplotdevice.com/2013/01/14/top-10-mondo-posters-of-2012-guest-blogger-picks/

Wow so sick

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #5915 on: January 15, 2013, 02:55:22 AM »

I liked it. It's on netflix I think.
this movie is amazing
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

JABRONI

• Rep: 43
« Reply #5916 on: January 15, 2013, 06:22:50 AM »
Ah, greetings, greetings, and salutations. I beg your forgiveness. My tardiness was unavoidable. Rava, my love. Elaine, my dear friend.. And you must be Jerry. Lord of the manor. Ah, my liege. A pleasure to serve you.

SheepShagger

« Reply #5917 on: January 15, 2013, 11:47:06 AM »
Just finished zero dark thirty, good movie. The torture scenes weren't as gnarly as people made them out to be. Kinda crazy how she went from making fun movies like point break to making war movies.

I don't really think there was any torture.  Torture is having your fingernails ripped out one by one, having your teeth pulled out, arms and legs broken, having, electric wires attached to your genitals, being burned with cigarettes, having your family thrown into a woodchipper infront of you. 

Who do people think these guys are, and that if you just keep asking them questions they'll answer? Meanwhile they have been trained highly in anti-interrogation methods.

SUPERNAUT

• Rep: -70
  • suck it
    • Max Hates Your Favorite Movies avatar image
« Reply #5918 on: January 15, 2013, 11:56:19 AM »
I don't really think there was any torture.  Torture is having your fingernails ripped out one by one, having your teeth pulled out, arms and legs broken, having, electric wires attached to your genitals, being burned with cigarettes, having your family thrown into a woodchipper infront of you. 

Who do people think these guys are, and that if you just keep asking them questions they'll answer? Meanwhile they have been trained highly in anti-interrogation methods.
I wish I could waterboard you through the internet, then maybe you'd shut up.

Expand Quote

[close]
this is so  awesome.

I really liked this movie, I just wish people other than quentin tarantino and guy ritchie would stop making quentin tarantino and guy ritchie movies.

maxhatesyourfavoritemovies.blogspot.com

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #5919 on: January 15, 2013, 12:07:56 PM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
this is so  awesome.
[close]

I really liked this movie, I just wish people other than quentin tarantino and guy ritchie would stop making quentin tarantino and guy ritchie movies.

After Rock n Rolla I think Guy Ritchie would kill to write something as clever as Seven Psychopaths. I like his earlier stuff but I think short of the basic odd-ball crime movie premise you can't connect too many dots between the two.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #5920 on: January 15, 2013, 04:56:33 PM »

Part 2 was put online today, couldn't be more stoked

SheepShagger

« Reply #5921 on: January 16, 2013, 12:46:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'd rather be waterboarded than actually tortured, soft cunt.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5922 on: January 16, 2013, 07:19:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Link?  Still waiting on Part 1 in my Netflix.

Part 1: http://yify-torrents.com/movie/Batman_The_Dark_Knight_Returns_Part_1_2012
Part 2: http://yify-torrents.com/movie/Batman_The_Dark_Knight_Returns_Part_2_2013

I love it when Batman goes full frontal

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #5923 on: January 16, 2013, 09:09:44 AM »
Killing them softly was good.

SUPERNAUT

• Rep: -70
  • suck it
    • Max Hates Your Favorite Movies avatar image
« Reply #5924 on: January 16, 2013, 11:24:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Do you find it hard being this stupid? I imagine it would be difficult going to school; getting all wrong answers all the time, not to mention all the kids hating you for not just being an idiot, but an obnoxious idiot. I always feel bad for people who have nothing going for them.

maxhatesyourfavoritemovies.blogspot.com

JamesNtheGntPch

• Rep: 38
  • Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #5925 on: January 16, 2013, 02:55:07 PM »

SheepShagger

« Reply #5926 on: January 16, 2013, 03:18:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Do you find it hard being this stupid? I imagine it would be difficult going to school; getting all wrong answers all the time, not to mention all the kids hating you for not just being an idiot, but an obnoxious idiot. I always feel bad for people who have nothing going for them.

Like I said, you're soft cunt.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #5927 on: January 16, 2013, 03:47:16 PM »

Doesn't get amazing reviews but I loved it. Scene in the fog on the beach was brilliant, and I wish Robin Williams did a few more dramatic roles, this along with One Hour Photo (he does creepy particularly well) and Good Will Hunting proves he was real depth as an actor, but he continually goes for shitty comedy roles.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 03:50:20 PM by thepman »
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #5928 on: January 16, 2013, 03:52:25 PM »
http://www.impawards.com/2002/posters/insomnia.jpg

Doesn't get amazing reviews but I loved it. Scene in the fog on the beach was brilliant, and I wish Robin Williams did a few more dramatic roles, this along with One Hour Photo (he does creepy particularly well) and Good Will Hunting proves he was real depth as an actor, but he continually goes for shitty comedy roles.

I agree fully with you on all of these points, but Mrs. Doubtfire is pure gold. Some of his comedy roles aren't the best, but for some reason, I will always hold Mrs. Doubtfire near and dear to my heart.

He definitely was creepy as shit in One Hour Photo and just watched Good Will Hunting again recently and he really is awesome in that.

Fun factoid: In Insomnia, Al Pacino actually forced himself to stay awake for several days at a time during shooting to make his role more believable.

Irvine-Sucks.com

boyan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5929 on: January 16, 2013, 05:25:58 PM »
Boyan, you're my favorite Belgian that's not a waffle or a beer.   :-*

Thanks, I really enjoyed it being familiar with the comic book, and part 2 isn't even supposed to be released yet (january 29). DC is really killing it with their "DC Universe Animated Original Movies
"

Took a screenshot to get me a new wallpaper:

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #5930 on: January 16, 2013, 05:39:51 PM »
beasts of the southern wild.

set on the other side of the levees in Louisiana and narrated by a 6 year old. It's a siiick film.

anyone watch the Decalogue? Kieslowski directed it as a Polish TV mini series in 89. It consists of 10 one hour films based on the 10 commandments, set in a Warsaw housing compound. I can't stop watching these! The cinematography is stunning and the stories are intense.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 05:43:15 PM by steve »

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #5931 on: January 19, 2013, 03:19:30 PM »

boyan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5932 on: January 20, 2013, 08:02:27 AM »
Not the best quality but,

d j a n g o

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #5933 on: January 20, 2013, 10:12:56 AM »
I watched Django on Friday and loved it, for me it was better than Inglorious Basterds and probably his best film since Pulp Fiction. I'm really enjoying this kind of period epic Tarantino, hope he delves into history more with his next couple of films. Also thought Jamie Foxx was great, I know the focus has been heavily on DiCaprio (who was incredible) and Samuel L. Jackson but Foxx plays Django with so much cool and style, so badass.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

Pippen

• Rep: 16
« Reply #5934 on: January 20, 2013, 11:05:06 AM »
Holy Motors was super good.  Really interesting but sort of made no sense.  Still a great watch though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWu9WjEcdbk

boyan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5935 on: January 20, 2013, 12:49:02 PM »
Really liked Dredd, but not seeing him without a helmett (except briefly in the dark in the beginning), made it seem like he was not human, kinda robocop-like

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #5936 on: January 20, 2013, 12:52:29 PM »
Really liked Dredd, but not seeing him without a helmett (except briefly in the dark in the beginning), made it seem like he was not human, kinda robocop-like

that was abit of the point of it . He is suposed to be the Law , not some super hero . thats what director has said anyways , i agree .

he was the same in the comic book

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5937 on: January 20, 2013, 02:07:44 PM »

Watched it the other night and I completely disagree with you. Felt there wasn't much to it at all, not much character or plot development at all. Just fight through a tower block (which The Raid does much better, great hand to hand fight scenes). For some reason it reminded me of Alice in Wonderland, felt they just walked through the entire film and i never felt any tension. Very disappointed with it.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #5938 on: January 20, 2013, 02:50:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Link?  Still waiting on Part 1 in my Netflix.

Watching the first part now, so good. It's weird not hearing Kevin Conroy as batman/ bruce wayne though

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #5939 on: January 20, 2013, 03:26:13 PM »
just finished part 1, also picked up this statue for my collection