Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 577588 times)

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -417
  • listen to Jawbreaker
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #6000 on: January 13, 2013, 08:31:01 PM »

Surprisingly good.

One of my favorite action movies of all time.

SqueezeThePulp

• Rep: 11
« Reply #6001 on: January 13, 2013, 08:39:27 PM »
Not sure if it's been posted, but just watched "Everything Must Go" on Netflix. A Will Ferrell movie that's actually dark, but heart-warming at the same time.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:31:03 PM by SqueezeThePulp »

foureyedjim

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #6002 on: January 14, 2013, 12:47:50 AM »

really cool yakuza flick.

I hear the second one is coming out eventually

Not my favorite Kitano movie, but was still enjoyable.

already came out.  wasnt nearly as good as the first.  the thing about the first one is that it's actually an exact representation of how the yakuza work.  so much so that laws concerning the yakuza changed in japan after it came out.  the second one was just so over the top.

That's unfortunate, but at this point I've already come to terms with the idea that I will always like his older stuff better
(even his weird comedy ones)

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -149
« Reply #6003 on: January 14, 2013, 01:23:35 AM »
Just finished zero dark thirty, good movie. The torture scenes weren't as gnarly as people made them out to be. Kinda crazy how she went from making fun movies like point break to making war movies.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #6004 on: January 14, 2013, 03:45:37 AM »

One of my favorite action movies of all time.
I really hope there will be a Habitat/austyn gillette collabo board with T2 this year.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #6005 on: January 14, 2013, 10:24:00 AM »

Saw Gangs Of New York the other day, thought it was a little all over the place, and Scorsese could have cut it down, it dragged a bit, but as usual Daniel Day-Lewis is pretty phenomenal and a decent film in the end. Obviously not one of Scorsese's best though.

Also saw Les Miserables on Friday, genuinely thought it was brilliant, did a review on my blog here: http://thedarjeelingblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/les-miserables-review.html

Can't wait till Django Unchained comes out here in the UK.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #6006 on: January 14, 2013, 01:16:05 PM »

poopmonkey

• Rep: 18
« Reply #6007 on: January 14, 2013, 03:44:41 PM »

fuckin bad ass action flick. Go see it! 99 intense martial arts and gun/macheteslingin minutes

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
« Reply #6008 on: January 14, 2013, 05:03:45 PM »
If y'all are into extremely geeky shit like "favorite movie posters" check out my guest blog for my homie's film review site.  The posters ARE pretty amazing though.

http://anotherplotdevice.com/2013/01/14/top-10-mondo-posters-of-2012-guest-blogger-picks/

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
« Reply #6009 on: January 14, 2013, 05:11:39 PM »
Those posters are sick. Are they available for purchase anywhere?

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #6010 on: January 14, 2013, 05:15:16 PM »

Yes.

http://www.mondotees.com/

But they sell out pretty fast.  You can get on their mailing list and you'll be notified the day before they go on sale though.  Check the archive.  They have some amazing shit.  They also are starting to do vinyl releases of soundtracks.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #6011 on: January 14, 2013, 05:30:24 PM »

Yes.

But they sell out pretty fast.  You can get on their mailing list and you'll be notified the day before they go on sale though.  Check the archive.  They have some amazing shit.  They also are starting to do vinyl releases of soundtracks.

i'd just about kill for that new york ripper poster.  are these the same people that did the "beyond" soundtrack reissue a while back?  the cover for that was amazing

grimcity

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2049
« Reply #6012 on: January 14, 2013, 05:34:40 PM »
Django was fucking dope... I needed a good Tarantino flick and he delivered again.
I also just saw Cloud Atlas, and even though I was pretty sure I'd hate it, I thought it was a pretty damn good movie. For a nearly three hour flick the time went by really quickly, and once I had a handle on the way the story was being told I was pretty hyped on it.

penguin meat

« Reply #6013 on: January 14, 2013, 06:58:39 PM »

I liked it. It's on netflix I think.

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #6014 on: January 14, 2013, 08:40:05 PM »

Yes.

But they sell out pretty fast.  You can get on their mailing list and you'll be notified the day before they go on sale though.  Check the archive.  They have some amazing shit.  They also are starting to do vinyl releases of soundtracks.

i'd just about kill for that new york ripper poster.  are these the same people that did the "beyond" soundtrack reissue a while back?  the cover for that was amazing

Word.  That's them, they also did the soundtrack to Maniac and Drive is coming up next.

EDIT: Duh, forgot this fucking gem they did too.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 08:42:25 PM by HATE! »

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #6015 on: January 14, 2013, 09:35:42 PM »
don't even have a record player, but i have to have that beyond record.  i'm sure its a fortune now, if i can even find a copy.  maniac, and drive are a must too.

these people are going to take all of my money

(ps, that project i hit you up about is very beyond influenced.  i'll give you more details soon i hope)

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #6016 on: January 14, 2013, 09:54:55 PM »
don't even have a record player, but i have to have that beyond record.  i'm sure its a fortune now, if i can even find a copy.  maniac, and drive are a must too.

these people are going to take all of my money

(ps, that project i hit you up about is very beyond influenced.  i'll give you more details soon i hope)

Awesome!

And you can find The Beyond for $60-$80 on eBay from time to time.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #6017 on: January 15, 2013, 01:36:29 AM »
If y'all are into extremely geeky shit like "favorite movie posters" check out my guest blog for my homie's film review site.  The posters ARE pretty amazing though.

http://anotherplotdevice.com/2013/01/14/top-10-mondo-posters-of-2012-guest-blogger-picks/

Wow so sick

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #6018 on: January 15, 2013, 02:55:22 AM »

I liked it. It's on netflix I think.
this movie is amazing
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

JABRONI

• Rep: 43
« Reply #6019 on: January 15, 2013, 06:22:50 AM »
Ah, greetings, greetings, and salutations. I beg your forgiveness. My tardiness was unavoidable. Rava, my love. Elaine, my dear friend.. And you must be Jerry. Lord of the manor. Ah, my liege. A pleasure to serve you.

SheepShagger

« Reply #6020 on: January 15, 2013, 11:47:06 AM »
Just finished zero dark thirty, good movie. The torture scenes weren't as gnarly as people made them out to be. Kinda crazy how she went from making fun movies like point break to making war movies.

I don't really think there was any torture.  Torture is having your fingernails ripped out one by one, having your teeth pulled out, arms and legs broken, having, electric wires attached to your genitals, being burned with cigarettes, having your family thrown into a woodchipper infront of you. 

Who do people think these guys are, and that if you just keep asking them questions they'll answer? Meanwhile they have been trained highly in anti-interrogation methods.

SUPERNAUT

• Rep: -70
  • suck it
    • Max Hates Your Favorite Movies
« Reply #6021 on: January 15, 2013, 11:56:19 AM »
I don't really think there was any torture.  Torture is having your fingernails ripped out one by one, having your teeth pulled out, arms and legs broken, having, electric wires attached to your genitals, being burned with cigarettes, having your family thrown into a woodchipper infront of you. 

Who do people think these guys are, and that if you just keep asking them questions they'll answer? Meanwhile they have been trained highly in anti-interrogation methods.
I wish I could waterboard you through the internet, then maybe you'd shut up.

this is so  awesome.

I really liked this movie, I just wish people other than quentin tarantino and guy ritchie would stop making quentin tarantino and guy ritchie movies.

maxhatesyourfavoritemovies.blogspot.com

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #6022 on: January 15, 2013, 12:07:56 PM »

this is so  awesome.

I really liked this movie, I just wish people other than quentin tarantino and guy ritchie would stop making quentin tarantino and guy ritchie movies.

After Rock n Rolla I think Guy Ritchie would kill to write something as clever as Seven Psychopaths. I like his earlier stuff but I think short of the basic odd-ball crime movie premise you can't connect too many dots between the two.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #6023 on: January 15, 2013, 04:56:33 PM »

Part 2 was put online today, couldn't be more stoked

SheepShagger

« Reply #6024 on: January 16, 2013, 12:46:24 AM »

I'd rather be waterboarded than actually tortured, soft cunt.

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #6025 on: January 16, 2013, 07:11:48 AM »

Part 2 was put online today, couldn't be more stoked

Link?  Still waiting on Part 1 in my Netflix.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6026 on: January 16, 2013, 07:19:39 AM »

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #6027 on: January 16, 2013, 08:50:38 AM »
Boyan, you're my favorite Belgian that's not a waffle or a beer.   :-*

BURRRPRINT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6028 on: January 16, 2013, 09:09:44 AM »
Killing them softly was good.

SUPERNAUT

• Rep: -70
  • suck it
    • Max Hates Your Favorite Movies
« Reply #6029 on: January 16, 2013, 11:24:55 AM »

I'd rather be waterboarded than actually tortured, soft cunt.
Do you find it hard being this stupid? I imagine it would be difficult going to school; getting all wrong answers all the time, not to mention all the kids hating you for not just being an idiot, but an obnoxious idiot. I always feel bad for people who have nothing going for them.

maxhatesyourfavoritemovies.blogspot.com