Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 576605 times)

JamesNtheGntPch

• Rep: 26
  • Philadelphia, PA
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #6030 on: January 16, 2013, 02:55:07 PM »

SheepShagger

« Reply #6031 on: January 16, 2013, 03:18:55 PM »
I don't really think there was any torture.  Torture is having your fingernails ripped out one by one, having your teeth pulled out, arms and legs broken, having, electric wires attached to your genitals, being burned with cigarettes, having your family thrown into a woodchipper infront of you. 

Who do people think these guys are, and that if you just keep asking them questions they'll answer? Meanwhile they have been trained highly in anti-interrogation methods.
I wish I could waterboard you through the internet, then maybe you'd shut up.

I'd rather be waterboarded than actually tortured, soft cunt.
Do you find it hard being this stupid? I imagine it would be difficult going to school; getting all wrong answers all the time, not to mention all the kids hating you for not just being an idiot, but an obnoxious idiot. I always feel bad for people who have nothing going for them.

Like I said, you're soft cunt.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #6032 on: January 16, 2013, 03:47:16 PM »

Doesn't get amazing reviews but I loved it. Scene in the fog on the beach was brilliant, and I wish Robin Williams did a few more dramatic roles, this along with One Hour Photo (he does creepy particularly well) and Good Will Hunting proves he was real depth as an actor, but he continually goes for shitty comedy roles.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 03:50:20 PM by thepman »
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #6033 on: January 16, 2013, 03:52:25 PM »
http://www.impawards.com/2002/posters/insomnia.jpg

Doesn't get amazing reviews but I loved it. Scene in the fog on the beach was brilliant, and I wish Robin Williams did a few more dramatic roles, this along with One Hour Photo (he does creepy particularly well) and Good Will Hunting proves he was real depth as an actor, but he continually goes for shitty comedy roles.

I agree fully with you on all of these points, but Mrs. Doubtfire is pure gold. Some of his comedy roles aren't the best, but for some reason, I will always hold Mrs. Doubtfire near and dear to my heart.

He definitely was creepy as shit in One Hour Photo and just watched Good Will Hunting again recently and he really is awesome in that.

Fun factoid: In Insomnia, Al Pacino actually forced himself to stay awake for several days at a time during shooting to make his role more believable.
Irvine-Sucks.com

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #6034 on: January 16, 2013, 05:25:58 PM »
Boyan, you're my favorite Belgian that's not a waffle or a beer.   :-*

Thanks, I really enjoyed it being familiar with the comic book, and part 2 isn't even supposed to be released yet (january 29). DC is really killing it with their "DC Universe Animated Original Movies
"

Took a screenshot to get me a new wallpaper:

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #6035 on: January 16, 2013, 05:39:51 PM »
beasts of the southern wild.

set on the other side of the levees in Louisiana and narrated by a 6 year old. It's a siiick film.

anyone watch the Decalogue? Kieslowski directed it as a Polish TV mini series in 89. It consists of 10 one hour films based on the 10 commandments, set in a Warsaw housing compound. I can't stop watching these! The cinematography is stunning and the stories are intense.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 05:43:15 PM by steve »

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #6036 on: January 19, 2013, 03:19:30 PM »

boyan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6037 on: January 20, 2013, 08:02:27 AM »
Not the best quality but,

d j a n g o

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #6038 on: January 20, 2013, 10:12:56 AM »
I watched Django on Friday and loved it, for me it was better than Inglorious Basterds and probably his best film since Pulp Fiction. I'm really enjoying this kind of period epic Tarantino, hope he delves into history more with his next couple of films. Also thought Jamie Foxx was great, I know the focus has been heavily on DiCaprio (who was incredible) and Samuel L. Jackson but Foxx plays Django with so much cool and style, so badass.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

Pippen

• Rep: 17
« Reply #6039 on: January 20, 2013, 11:05:06 AM »
Holy Motors was super good.  Really interesting but sort of made no sense.  Still a great watch though.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6040 on: January 20, 2013, 12:49:02 PM »
Really liked Dredd, but not seeing him without a helmett (except briefly in the dark in the beginning), made it seem like he was not human, kinda robocop-like

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -319
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #6041 on: January 20, 2013, 12:52:29 PM »
Really liked Dredd, but not seeing him without a helmett (except briefly in the dark in the beginning), made it seem like he was not human, kinda robocop-like

that was abit of the point of it . He is suposed to be the Law , not some super hero . thats what director has said anyways , i agree .

he was the same in the comic book

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
« Reply #6042 on: January 20, 2013, 02:07:44 PM »

Watched it the other night and I completely disagree with you. Felt there wasn't much to it at all, not much character or plot development at all. Just fight through a tower block (which The Raid does much better, great hand to hand fight scenes). For some reason it reminded me of Alice in Wonderland, felt they just walked through the entire film and i never felt any tension. Very disappointed with it.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #6043 on: January 20, 2013, 02:50:49 PM »

Part 2 was put online today, couldn't be more stoked

Link?  Still waiting on Part 1 in my Netflix.

Watching the first part now, so good. It's weird not hearing Kevin Conroy as batman/ bruce wayne though

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #6044 on: January 20, 2013, 03:26:13 PM »
just finished part 1, also picked up this statue for my collection

god damnit

• Rep: 1
« Reply #6045 on: January 20, 2013, 03:35:44 PM »

foureyedjim

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #6046 on: January 20, 2013, 08:53:18 PM »
downloaded a shit ton of movies today:
-Argo
-Silver linings playbook
-Carnage
-Perks of being a wallflower
-This is 40
-Safety not guaranteed
-Chinese Zodiac (Jackie Chan)

Watched Safety not guaranteed which was pretty good, although sometimes I felt like it was weird just to be weird.
The new Jackie Chan flick was a giant MEH.  Jackie is getting old so there's less fighting and more obviously fake action scenes

Sgt.Pepper

• Rep: -167
« Reply #6047 on: January 20, 2013, 11:37:02 PM »
Forgot how awesome this movie is.

"I'd be a teenage virgin, jerking off in my bedroom
 if I wasnt a 20 year old virgin that didn't have a bedroom."

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #6048 on: January 21, 2013, 09:58:57 AM »

It was a bit of a trip seeing young Harrison Ford out of nowhere. Good film though, obviously a theme that's pretty resonant these days.

JABRONI

• Rep: 43
« Reply #6049 on: January 21, 2013, 10:36:46 AM »
Ah, greetings, greetings, and salutations. I beg your forgiveness. My tardiness was unavoidable. Rava, my love. Elaine, my dear friend.. And you must be Jerry. Lord of the manor. Ah, my liege. A pleasure to serve you.

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #6050 on: January 21, 2013, 11:05:56 AM »
Safety Not Guaranteed was really good. Aubrey Plaza is my soulmate. She definitely kills it in Parks And Rec too!

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6051 on: January 21, 2013, 10:42:35 PM »

It was a bit of a trip seeing young Harrison Ford out of nowhere. Good film though, obviously a theme that's pretty resonant these days.

One of my all time favourites.

Pretty interesting that in the Will Smith movie "Enemy of the State" has a bunch of connections

"Enemy of the State connections

The 1998 surveillance-corruption-thriller film Enemy of the State (which also stars Gene Hackman) has thematic connections to The Conversation. According to film critic Kim Newman, Enemy of the State could be construed as a "continuation of The Conversation."
On Newman's analysis, Gene Hackman's paranoid, technologically brilliant character in Enemy of the State, who uses the pseudonym Brill, closely resembles Harry Caul in The Conversation. He dons the same translucent raincoat worn by Caul, and Brill's cage-like workshop is nearly identical to Caul's workshop in The Conversation. Enemy of the State also uses a still from The Conversation for Brill's National Security Agency file photo.
Enemy of the State also has other references to The Conversation, according to Newman, including a scene which is highly similar to The Conversation's opening surveillance scene in San Francisco's Union Square."

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #6052 on: January 22, 2013, 03:32:08 PM »
searching for sugarman was really good

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #6053 on: January 22, 2013, 06:11:01 PM »
I've never laughed as hard as I have at a Quentin Tarantino movie:

The whole bag scene had me dying.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

foureyedjim

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #6054 on: January 22, 2013, 11:38:49 PM »
Carnage was hilarious.
I was laughing pretty much the whole way through, and as I predicted, Waltz's character was my favorite

_aminal

• Rep: -9
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #6055 on: January 23, 2013, 09:06:59 AM »
just saw django unchained last night
shit was fucking hilarious!
crowd reactions to this movie in oakland were fuckin priceless

tarantino has been doing sort of a time haters thing
remember that skit?
slapping up hitler

then shooting a slave master?

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
« Reply #6056 on: January 23, 2013, 02:39:29 PM »

this movie rules

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6057 on: January 24, 2013, 12:45:25 AM »
Showed my girlfriend The Kings Speech for the first time, great film.

Watching "Beginners" tomorrow night, very stoked

Saw the Hobbit. What an absolute disappointment. Felt like a Harry Potter movie. CGI farting trolls and shitty bathroom jokes throughout. I really didn't like it.

Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty are next in line to see. High hopes for both.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #6058 on: January 24, 2013, 08:18:59 AM »
Beginners is amazing, even though Melanie Laurent's character falls right into that 'manic pixie dream girl' cliche to a t.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
« Reply #6059 on: January 24, 2013, 10:04:12 AM »

Part 2 was put online today, couldn't be more stoked

Link?  Still waiting on Part 1 in my Netflix.

Watching the first part now, so good. It's weird not hearing Kevin Conroy as batman/ bruce wayne though

Can I stream this anywhere?