Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 578362 times)

whitemanjazz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 417
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #6150 on: March 18, 2013, 04:06:36 AM »
Silver linings play book...Not bad.

The Master...was Looking forward to it, but not quite sure how I feel about it yet. Incredible soundtrack though.

Triad election 1 and 2. Great, great films.

if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
« Reply #6151 on: March 18, 2013, 06:52:09 PM »
Currently watching this. It's pretty interesting. especially if you're a movie nerd.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #6152 on: March 18, 2013, 11:13:33 PM »
^ Fuck yeah this was one of the best movie related documentaries I've seen. Very stoked on it

You can literally see where it all went wrong for Lucas and the Prequel Star Wars movies, something I never thought about was how those were the earliest digital films being shot to look like a 35mm movie and not "stylized" digital like 28 Days Later. He was so caught up in demonstrating the power and capability of both the new digital cameras and increased VFX that the movies became demos for more more more vfx, and are utter shit.

Nolan and Pfister brought up some good points in the doc about IMAX and its ability to still give the highest quality image for the size of the screen. That will change over time but I'm glad movies are still being shot on film.

This doc is awesome though I also highly recommend it, its on Netflix

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #6153 on: March 18, 2013, 11:16:26 PM »

Sgt.Pepper

• Rep: -167
« Reply #6154 on: March 19, 2013, 12:42:41 AM »
"I'd be a teenage virgin, jerking off in my bedroom
 if I wasnt a 20 year old virgin that didn't have a bedroom."

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #6155 on: March 19, 2013, 07:31:22 AM »

Always good for a laugh, Rodney Dangerfield kills it.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Bitter

• Rep: 105
« Reply #6156 on: March 19, 2013, 07:40:15 AM »
You can literally see where it all went wrong for Lucas and the Prequel Star Wars movies, something I never thought about was how those were the earliest digital films being shot to look like a 35mm movie and not "stylized" digital like 28 Days Later. He was so caught up in demonstrating the power and capability of both the new digital cameras and increased VFX that the movies became demos for more more more vfx, and are utter shit.

Sounds like a certain skateboard filmmaker.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #6157 on: March 19, 2013, 01:55:54 PM »
Anyone got suggestions for a good 70's-80's science fiction horror like The Thing or Alien?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6158 on: March 19, 2013, 02:48:46 PM »
I don't know if it fits the bill that you're looking for, but:

Finally got around to watching this:

Not gonna lie, it got a few tears out of me.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #6159 on: March 19, 2013, 03:32:23 PM »
Anyone got suggestions for a good 70's-80's science fiction horror like The Thing or Alien?

Videodrome is a goddamn classic if you haven't seen it. Not quite as sci-fi as your examples but you should check it out.

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #6160 on: March 19, 2013, 07:36:34 PM »

Robocop, Total Recall, The Running Man, Escape From New York, The Fly, Re-Animator, Hellraiser, They Live, The Fifth Element, The Road Warrior, Terminator 2, Predator.. all amazing
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -106
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN
« Reply #6161 on: March 19, 2013, 07:57:15 PM »

Robocop, Total Recall, The Running Man, Escape From New York, The Fly, Re-Animator, Hellraiser, They Live, The Fifth Element, The Road Warrior, Terminator 2, Predator.. all amazing
Blade Runner  ???

whitemanjazz

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6162 on: March 19, 2013, 08:49:04 PM »

Not gonna lie, it got a few tears out of me.

The scene where his wife's father in the hospital room begins to cry and you see them peaking in the door gets me. Actually that entire hospital segment does. I went in thinking its a comedy and boy was i wrong. Enjoyed it none the less.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6163 on: March 19, 2013, 08:54:37 PM »
It certainly had it's funny moments, but yeah, I wouldn't call it a laugh riot. I'm looking forward to Payne's next movie. It'll be interesting to see my hometown all over the place.

Sgt.Pepper

• Rep: -167
« Reply #6164 on: March 19, 2013, 08:55:18 PM »
The Fly
"I'd be a teenage virgin, jerking off in my bedroom
 if I wasnt a 20 year old virgin that didn't have a bedroom."

Jackie Joyner Kersee

• Rep: 13
« Reply #6165 on: March 19, 2013, 10:17:52 PM »

fucking classic

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -319
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #6166 on: March 20, 2013, 12:03:58 PM »
Currently watching this. It's pretty interesting. especially if you're a movie nerd.

thansk for that one , was a amazing watch

I might be alone on this but I really like Keanu Reeves . Hes a good actor and done some really good / interesting movies

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #6167 on: March 20, 2013, 04:54:40 PM »
Keanu Reeves is awesome, he donated roughly 75 million to the arts and vfx people working on the Matrix because he doesnt give a shit about money. Took various pay cuts on movies to get better actors on board, Devils Advocate took a pay cut for Pacino, Replacements for Hackman

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #6168 on: March 20, 2013, 06:06:25 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions guys, already saw the classics like Blade Runner, The Fly etc but I still love those movies the most.

Keanu Reeves is awesome, he donated roughly 75 million to the arts and vfx people working on the Matrix because he doesnt give a shit about money. Took various pay cuts on movies to get better actors on board, Devils Advocate took a pay cut for Pacino, Replacements for Hackman

Doesn't he also live in a small apartment, without unecessary luxury, what million-earning actor/whatever is anything alike?

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #6169 on: March 20, 2013, 07:03:01 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions guys, already saw the classics like Blade Runner, The Fly etc but I still love those movies the most.

Doesn't he also live in a small apartment, without unecessary luxury, what million-earning actor/whatever is anything alike?

I Think hotels . He might be going through some depresion thing , his wife died in a car accident with their unborn kid . But I think hes always been low key on the whole fame game and stuff

He gets alot of shit for his acting but I do think he is good , not sure why ppl fuck with him , specialy with what frisco wrote

whitemanjazz

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6170 on: March 20, 2013, 10:05:55 PM »
by far his best scene

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #6171 on: March 20, 2013, 10:24:41 PM »
Saw lawless with my girl. Liked it a lot.

Great film. You should watch The Proposition. Same director in John Hillcoat and writer in Nick Cave. Probably the best Australian fim ever in my opinion - that or Animal Kingdom.

You should check em both out.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -22
« Reply #6172 on: March 21, 2013, 03:19:40 AM »
pffff no, mad max is the best australian film ever so suck my dick

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #6173 on: March 21, 2013, 07:09:15 AM »

it's up there but there are heaps of other great aussie films, too many to list and none which I've watched recently except for
these two Adam Elliot movies
Harvie Krumpet

and
Mary and Max

which are awesome

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #6174 on: March 23, 2013, 03:42:15 PM »
watched 3 val kilmer movies

Top Secret  . I dont know how they got so many jokes just fucking spot on . Must be one of the older funnier movies ive seen . Abit corny but its sooo fucking good

Kiss Kiss bang bang . really good watch , witty dialog which I really like in moves and it doesnt take it self too serius , pretty funny stuff
Michelle Monaghan is so fucking hot too

The Salton Sea , just really good , good acting from Kilmer , and pretty damn good story

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #6175 on: March 23, 2013, 08:03:28 PM »
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
« Reply #6176 on: March 23, 2013, 08:49:54 PM »
Saw Springbreakers.  It wasn't excellent, but that doesn't mean it wasn't thoroughly entertaining.  Franco is fucking incredible.

jerrys_kids

« Reply #6177 on: March 23, 2013, 08:59:56 PM »
Just saw end of watch, that was a really good movie.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6178 on: March 23, 2013, 10:36:46 PM »
I really liked that movie too. I like Southland, the tv show too. They have the same feel to them.

dankradschwag

« Reply #6179 on: March 24, 2013, 09:16:35 PM »

breaker morant is the best, though it might be outta new zealand