Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 926154 times)

DeputyDoses

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #6150 on: June 04, 2013, 06:20:43 PM »

very, very disturbing. It's perfect if you're into fucked up movies. I think that the director was very influenced by David Lynch.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #6151 on: June 04, 2013, 08:01:34 PM »

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6152 on: June 05, 2013, 07:12:29 PM »
Im stoked for this

Ain't Them Bodies Saints Official Trailer #1 (2013) - Rooney Mara Movie HD

Likewise, Casey Affleck's my boy and Rooney Mara's been getting better and better.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6153 on: June 05, 2013, 07:35:40 PM »
Saw 2 amazing movies yesterday. The first being this one

Really caught me off guard by how funny it was. I already want to watch it again, the main characters Dad was such a fantastic character. Really great movie.

The second

Been waiting to see this for a long time as I couldn't convince my girl to go see it in the theatres. I didn't really know what to expect as I wasn't all that stoked on the directors first film "Blue Valentine".

This is a fantastic movie though, pretty much start to finish. I think they could have maybe paced it a little different as the middle section with Cooper was a little lacking but there was so much stuff done right.

One of the best of the year for sure

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #6154 on: June 07, 2013, 02:32:15 PM »

Seen this a dozen times, but caught it on cinemax. This scene is brilliant.

HEAT gun fight scene ( URL + &fmt=18 Dolby Surround Stereo *surround type Movie Theater )

Really wish Pachino/De Niro had more films together.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Kankle

• Rep: -3
« Reply #6155 on: June 07, 2013, 08:22:40 PM »
Just watched Lars and the Real Girl. That was pretty good.
Or Holy Motors. Holy Motors was really fuckin' good. Some crazy french stuff with naked crazy dude, snake demon sex, talking limos, a guy married to a monkey, and tons more. Go watch it.

Harem

« Reply #6156 on: June 11, 2013, 06:37:44 AM »
Thumbs up to all the movies on this page. So psyched they used that SALEM song in A Place Beyond The Pines.

I was totally stumped on what to watch tonight, looks like MUD + The Iceman.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #6157 on: June 11, 2013, 08:46:40 AM »
Did anyone see OZ the great and powerfull ?

opinions ?

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6158 on: June 13, 2013, 05:57:28 AM »
finally watched this classic

twitchflip

• Rep: 58
« Reply #6159 on: June 13, 2013, 06:28:19 AM »

opinions ?

it wasn't great. I liked the angle they tried to approach it from but it didnt really work. I can enjoy a good disney flick but this one was a bit too childish. its main redeeming qualities came in the form of michelle williams and mila kunis  5.5/10

Greg Road

« Reply #6160 on: June 13, 2013, 07:35:45 AM »
Expand Quote
The Ninth Gate. Depp looking like a stylish motherfucker. Polanski keeping you on the edge of your seat (and not with qualudes and molestation). Overall I'd give it a 7/10. Came out in 99.
[close]

Yeah, this film is mad underrated.

the book is even better! still a decent movie though.

Greg Road

« Reply #6161 on: June 13, 2013, 07:49:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Saw lawless with my girl. Liked it a lot.

[close]

Great film. You should watch The Proposition. Same director in John Hillcoat and writer in Nick Cave. Probably the best Australian fim ever in my opinion - that or Animal Kingdom.

You should check em both out.

The Square is an incredible Australian film ... as is Animal Kingdom

Greg Road

« Reply #6162 on: June 13, 2013, 07:53:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

so was this movie a comedy or what? Either way it was great, film looks nice. If anyone sees this on dvd watch the deleted scenes and notice the VERY vintage film look those have compared to the finished product and tell me if you think the producers or distributors ask for it to be made more normal. In my opinion the vintage film look was dreamy. The acting in this movie was really good
[close]

I don't think you understood The Master.
It's shot in film anyway, and I know there were secret screenings of it in 70mm so I don't know whether it could be that?
Beautifully shot film anyway, Phoenix and Seymour Hoffman are incredible, hard to single either of them out.
Ending felt a little empty, almost shallow, but loved it regardless.
[close]
To me Hoffman's character was supposed to be an idiot and the whole scientology type lifestyle was also supposed to be funny(or at least questionable) to the audience. But I think the best/truthful parts of the Master's teachings rubbed off on Phoenix's character. I guess it was a coming of age story that was trying to make the point that there is a little bit of truth in every type of religion or fallowing. "Freddy" was sort of a weak vulnerable guy who got caught in The Master's net. In the ende though, he came out learning things from the experience.

As for it being a comedy I can't help but think that perhaps Hoffman's character was supposed to be a on-liner character. My only evidence is that some of the things he would say were so over the top. also on the deleted scenes there is a blooper of Hoffman saying "I like Cools, the minty flavor" the cast and crew were in stitches. It could have just been nervous giggles or they wanted Hoffman to be an over the top joke(like his character in Along Came Polly).

Have you seen I'm Still Here? so funny and eye opening

well his character is based on the guy who invented Scientology - so ya he probably would be a bit over the top. as for being a comedy, that's just absurd.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #6163 on: June 13, 2013, 11:05:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

so was this movie a comedy or what? Either way it was great, film looks nice. If anyone sees this on dvd watch the deleted scenes and notice the VERY vintage film look those have compared to the finished product and tell me if you think the producers or distributors ask for it to be made more normal. In my opinion the vintage film look was dreamy. The acting in this movie was really good
[close]

I don't think you understood The Master.
It's shot in film anyway, and I know there were secret screenings of it in 70mm so I don't know whether it could be that?
Beautifully shot film anyway, Phoenix and Seymour Hoffman are incredible, hard to single either of them out.
Ending felt a little empty, almost shallow, but loved it regardless.
[close]
To me Hoffman's character was supposed to be an idiot and the whole scientology type lifestyle was also supposed to be funny(or at least questionable) to the audience. But I think the best/truthful parts of the Master's teachings rubbed off on Phoenix's character. I guess it was a coming of age story that was trying to make the point that there is a little bit of truth in every type of religion or fallowing. "Freddy" was sort of a weak vulnerable guy who got caught in The Master's net. In the ende though, he came out learning things from the experience.

As for it being a comedy I can't help but think that perhaps Hoffman's character was supposed to be a on-liner character. My only evidence is that some of the things he would say were so over the top. also on the deleted scenes there is a blooper of Hoffman saying "I like Cools, the minty flavor" the cast and crew were in stitches. It could have just been nervous giggles or they wanted Hoffman to be an over the top joke(like his character in Along Came Polly).

Have you seen I'm Still Here? so funny and eye opening
[close]

well his character is based on the guy who invented Scientology - so ya he probably would be a bit over the top. as for being a comedy, that's just absurd.
I have watched it a few times since I posted that and you right it not a comedy. Between the crazy things the master says and the crazy things freddy there are some laughable moments though. Its like a bro mance of two fools. Some critics have fond that the story sort of revolves around the idea of the id, ego, and super ego. Freddy is the id (fallows nature impulses) the master is the super ego( what people want to be) and the wife is sort of the ego caught between the two of them in a struggle to deal with both. In one scene she literally goes between the two of them to try and solve things (the scene where she jerks of the master and then goes and wakes up freddy to tell him to stop drinking). Its a really slow movie so looking at it through this lens helps out. The no blinking scene is great.

Fake Tits

« Reply #6164 on: June 13, 2013, 01:08:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Saw lawless with my girl. Liked it a lot.

[close]

Great film. You should watch The Proposition. Same director in John Hillcoat and writer in Nick Cave. Probably the best Australian fim ever in my opinion - that or Animal Kingdom.

You should check em both out.
[close]

The Square is an incredible Australian film ... as is Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom was amazing. So well done.  The hot shot scene fucked me up.

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #6165 on: June 14, 2013, 05:21:25 PM »
This Is The End was fucking hilarious, loved it

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #6166 on: June 14, 2013, 09:44:32 PM »
This Is The End was fucking hilarious, loved it
Me too!  Michael Cera killed it so hard in every scene he had.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

One of the better movies I've seen all year. 
Four out of five, really liked it!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quirky and interesting presentation.  Slightly cheesy at times, but very funny dry humor.  Nick Offerman from "Parks and Rec" has a good performance.  Both of the female leads are real boner material.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 12:10:22 PM by The Human Condom »

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6167 on: June 15, 2013, 03:36:02 PM »

"sorrow is nothin' but worn out joy"
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #6168 on: June 15, 2013, 04:35:46 PM »

wheee!

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #6169 on: June 15, 2013, 11:47:13 PM »
We Own the Night. I actually bought it back when it came out on DVD and never even opened it (this is a bad habit of mine). Everyone was fantastic. The "light as a feather" scene had me grinding my teeth. As did the car chase in the rain. That movie was totally not what I expected it to be in the best way possible.

im probably lying

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Harem

« Reply #6171 on: June 19, 2013, 08:25:19 PM »

Felt way to short. Kept me interested through out, felt a little short changed by how it ended.

foureyedjim

« Reply #6172 on: June 19, 2013, 08:27:09 PM »
Expand Quote

opinions ?
[close]

it wasn't great. I liked the angle they tried to approach it from but it didnt really work. I can enjoy a good disney flick but this one was a bit too childish. its main redeeming qualities came in the form of michelle williams and mila kunis  5.5/10

yeah it was terrible.  And I generally enjoy things when I'm high too.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #6173 on: June 20, 2013, 10:12:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

opinions ?
[close]

[close]

yeah it was terrible.  And I generally enjoy things when I'm high too.
As much as I like Kunis, I didn't like her cast as that role.  Fuck star power, the one thing they should have done in audition is make them do the witch cackle.  Fail at that and my suspension of disbelief is gone.  After a while, all I could think was fuck green screen and cgi if y'all can't act.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6174 on: June 20, 2013, 11:54:30 PM »
Rewatched Skyfall and a whole bunch of other Bonds, I'm still a big fan of Roger Moore even though everyone hates him. I just remember those moves the est from when I was a kid, maybe they had the best tits.

This is a legit montage

SKYFALL: 50 Years of Bond

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #6175 on: June 21, 2013, 05:12:36 AM »
James Bond started out real good , Sean Connery was a suave bad ass , he didnt kill too many people , the gadgets were minimum and pretty realistic , and he didnt have sex with 500 girls each movie

It started spinning out of controle pretty fast though .  I really Likes Roger Moore too , dude had style and was funny .

Anyways , The bond movies spinned out of controle , Bond kills 1000 bad guys , while having sex with 5 girls at the same time , 3 of them trying to kill him at the same time , and then his briefcase turns into a space ship with lasers and stuff ...

People went to bond movies after awhile to see the new gadgets and girls , a action flick close to Bad Boys ... not a cool spy movie

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #6176 on: June 21, 2013, 03:38:22 PM »
Agree'd.

I do however think Daniel Craig is a decent Bond. I just couldn't stand the Pierce Brosnan era. If I had to chose, I'll say Sean Connery portrayed the best 007.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #6177 on: June 21, 2013, 05:23:41 PM »
fuck james bond except for goldeneye 64

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #6178 on: June 21, 2013, 06:52:49 PM »
Agree'd.

I do however think Daniel Craig is a decent Bond. I just couldn't stand the Pierce Brosnan era. If I had to chose, I'll say Sean Connery portrayed the best 007.
Goldeneye was good, the rest were shit. I'm probably the odd man out in that I actually kind of liked Dalton.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #6179 on: June 21, 2013, 07:34:25 PM »
Agree'd.

Agree with all of this. Pierce Brosnan is a little bitch. I'm satisfied with Daniel Craig holding down the Bond role these days.

Irvine-Sucks.com