Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 925230 times)

pencil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #6510 on: December 12, 2013, 07:40:13 PM »
"Extract" on NetFlix is pretty good. I recommend it.

i saw that on tv a while ago and thought it was funny cause they said something about xanax in it i think and i was on xanax when i saw it and thats the only thing i remember
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #6511 on: December 13, 2013, 05:36:09 PM »
Dear Zachery Documentary on Netflix, Shit fucked me up for a few days.

arthurspooner

• Rep: 9
« Reply #6512 on: December 13, 2013, 05:41:11 PM »
"The Bridge"
It's a documentary that takes place over the course of one year, and it shows all the people that committed suicide off of the Golden Gate Bridge and talks to the families. They actually show the people jumping. It's gnarly.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #6513 on: December 13, 2013, 05:47:53 PM »
"The Bridge"
It's a documentary that takes place over the course of one year, and it shows all the people that committed suicide off of the Golden Gate Bridge and talks to the families. They actually show the people jumping. It's gnarly.

Ive heard of this but could never remember the title. Is it on netflix?

arthurspooner

• Rep: 9
« Reply #6514 on: December 13, 2013, 06:04:50 PM »
Expand Quote
"The Bridge"
[close]

Ive heard of this but could never remember the title. Is it on netflix?
It's really good. The whole thing is on YouTube. Just type in "The Bridge Documentary."

chirs

• Rep: 1
  • i have diarrhea every single day
« Reply #6515 on: December 13, 2013, 09:51:58 PM »
i watched trainspotting on netflix for the first time last night and loved it. its about a heroin addict, has a good soundtrack and whatnot

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6516 on: December 14, 2013, 03:16:16 PM »
Nebraska made me laugh a lot more than I expected.

ShihtzuEnthusiast

• Rep: 5
« Reply #6517 on: December 14, 2013, 08:31:29 PM »
I just watched Akira for the first time tonight. Top notch movie for sure.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #6518 on: December 14, 2013, 11:25:53 PM »
The Iceman, fuck, that was a good movie.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

verbal ham

• Rep: 53
« Reply #6519 on: December 15, 2013, 12:04:31 AM »
backdoor sluts 9

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #6520 on: December 15, 2013, 12:09:55 AM »
Nebraska made me laugh a lot more than I expected.
Nebraska has been making me laugh for a long time. It's the good life.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Jares

« Reply #6521 on: December 15, 2013, 02:04:22 PM »

Just watched this on You Tube and it was pretty gnarly-town.

shark tits

« Reply #6522 on: December 15, 2013, 10:02:02 PM »
i just rewatched Heathers tonight. the whole movie is on youtube in one big scoop so i couldn't resist. some of the best movie quotes my ears have been privy to.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #6523 on: December 16, 2013, 05:23:45 AM »

Saw it in theatres 5 or 6 years ago but fell asleep for the last 40 minutes and had no idea what the fuck happened. Watched it this past weekend, great movie.

Pretty fucking weird movie, never heard about it until saw it randomly while browsing Netflix. Decent scifi movie with some pretty fucked up rape stuff, not the best movie to watch with my girlfriend.

An amazing story, really well made

excitableboy

• Rep: 90
« Reply #6524 on: December 16, 2013, 06:52:39 PM »

Just watched this. Gut-wrenching.

Pippen

• Rep: 16
« Reply #6525 on: December 16, 2013, 10:04:14 PM »

so good!

also good!

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #6526 on: December 17, 2013, 11:10:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just watched this. Gut-wrenching.

Such a sick movie, and i do mean that in a disgusting gut wrenching way. Really good though but really gets to you specially if you have kids. Well recommended so people see how twisted and sick some people are in the head.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6527 on: December 17, 2013, 11:13:11 AM »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #6528 on: December 17, 2013, 01:01:46 PM »
Yeah, Dear Zachary fucked up my life for a good week.  Watched it with my girlfriend and afterwards I was silent and went off by myself.  Pretty sure I picked up a guitar and strummed a minor chord for two hours in the dark, tears streaming down my face.  Nah, but for real.  Watch this and swell with anger at injustice.

I watched Black Fish on Netflix last night.  Truly infuriating documentary that deals with the blatant evil of Sea World, their malpractices towards workers and the killer whales...A crazy watch.  Do it.

Also, The Best Worst movie.  Also on Netflix.  Chronicles the lives of Troll 2 actors as they come to terms with the horror that is the trainwreck Troll 2.  The actors embrace the strange cult like fanbase and go on tours across the country, talking with fans, reenacting quotable scenes, etc.  A few of the actors over the years lose their minds, the Italian director is completely delusional and still believes Troll 2 is a legitimately good film....Kind of sad, also hilarious. 

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #6529 on: December 17, 2013, 01:59:36 PM »
Yeah, Dear Zachary fucked up my life for a good week.  Watched it with my girlfriend and afterwards I was silent and went off by myself.  Pretty sure I picked up a guitar and strummed a minor chord for two hours in the dark, tears streaming down my face.  Nah, but for real.  Watch this and swell with anger at injustice.

I watched Black Fish on Netflix last night.  Truly infuriating documentary that deals with the blatant evil of Sea World, their malpractices towards workers and the killer whales...A crazy watch.  Do it.

Also, The Best Worst movie.  Also on Netflix.  Chronicles the lives of Troll 2 actors as they come to terms with the horror that is the trainwreck Troll 2.  The actors embrace the strange cult like fanbase and go on tours across the country, talking with fans, reenacting quotable scenes, etc.  A few of the actors over the years lose their minds, the Italian director is completely delusional and still believes Troll 2 is a legitimately good film....Kind of sad, also hilarious. 

Yes! The part the freaked me out the most was when they reveal that the sons been killed and it sounds like somebody is screaming and the dad is cursing like all hell specially cuz i had the sounds real loud. That part freaked me out for days.

I saw blacksih recently too, its fucked up as well. The craziest part is when that one guys survives while constantly been dragged to the bottom of the pool.

Energy Turtle

• Rep: 15
« Reply #6530 on: December 17, 2013, 11:50:50 PM »
The Arrival
I'm a sucker for mediocre sci fi movies. charlie sheen talkin about mexican rodeos and whatnot
The Faculty
Josh Hartnett is so kewl. made me wanna sell amphetamine outta my car

truthislie

• Rep: 54
« Reply #6531 on: December 20, 2013, 08:14:33 AM »
Watched the first Die Hard to get in christmas mood yesterday and realized that Bruce Willis outfit would fit well in the skate-scene:

woodsman

• Rep: 65
« Reply #6532 on: December 21, 2013, 01:56:32 PM »
American Hustle is fantastic. Best Movie of the year for me. Every actor killed it. So fucking good. Go see it, you'll be psyched.

S.E.

« Reply #6533 on: December 21, 2013, 02:06:32 PM »
American Hustle is fantastic. Best Movie of the year for me. Every actor killed it. So fucking good. Go see it, you'll be psyched.

the acting was amazing but the execution of the plot felt muddled and unimportant.  That final con really didnt pack the punch it should have.  Very, very flat.  But the acting held the film together well so it is indeed an entertaining film. 

woodsman

• Rep: 65
« Reply #6534 on: December 21, 2013, 03:32:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the acting was amazing but the execution of the plot felt muddled and unimportant.  That final con really didnt pack the punch it should have.  Very, very flat.  But the acting held the film together well so it is indeed an entertaining film. 

The movie was all over the place but I felt like It still made sense. The acting was so good and the film was really funny without being silly. From the opening scene of Bale with his gut and comb over to the end I was totally into this movie. But Time magazine had Frozen and Fast and furious 6 ahead of 12 years a slave so everybody's going to have there own opinion. I can't wait to see it again.

poorlatino

• Rep: 41
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6535 on: December 22, 2013, 05:14:39 AM »
Lords of fuckin Salem. WTF, wasn't too good but I enjoyed it. Crazy imagery. (Not the Shining in any way)

Also Mysterious Skin. Crazy indie Joseph Gordon Levitt movie.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 05:35:49 AM by poorlatino »

my pregnant head

• Rep: 13
« Reply #6536 on: December 22, 2013, 08:53:20 AM »
I saw prisoners and loved it though I've a real soft spot for that kinda thriller. One thing I will say is I saw a bunch of think pieces about how it legitimizes torture in certain circumstances and having seen the movie I was baffled at how anybody could read it that way when I considered it to have the exact opposite message. Not that it has MESSAGE as such, you know what I mean though..

Also saw A Simple Plan for the first time the other night and really dug it.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #6537 on: December 22, 2013, 07:12:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The movie was all over the place but I felt like It still made sense. The acting was so good and the film was really funny without being silly. From the opening scene of Bale with his gut and comb over to the end I was totally into this movie. But Time magazine had Frozen and Fast and furious 6 ahead of 12 years a slave so everybody's going to have there own opinion. I can't wait to see it again.

I'm off this week and am going to go check it out tomorrow. Can't wait.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #6538 on: December 23, 2013, 03:15:53 PM »
hopefully going to see the following movies over break:
american hustle
anchorman
dallas buyers' club
wolf of wall street
inside llewyn davis

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #6539 on: December 23, 2013, 05:07:58 PM »

I missed the whole "50-cent thing" when it was current (if it ever was?) so I am pretty much patching up my lack of 50-cent knowledge. He certainly seems like a nice young man.

The movie was horrible but I still enjoyed it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 05:17:49 PM by Bronson »