Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 925143 times)

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #6570 on: January 07, 2014, 11:30:59 AM »

Yu Dum

« Reply #6571 on: January 07, 2014, 12:05:07 PM »
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty surprised me.

Manolo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #6572 on: January 07, 2014, 12:43:33 PM »
Just watched dallas buyers.I don't really like the whole extreme wieght loss i don't think it's necessary for an actor to go that far.De niro did it Bale a couple time but that's it you don't need to starve yourself to death to get a fucking oscar.
MacConaughey is insanely good as well as Jared a couple pounds more wouldn't have taken anything from that.Movie is greatly put together,great stuff.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #6573 on: January 07, 2014, 12:49:49 PM »
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty surprised me.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #6574 on: January 07, 2014, 01:31:56 PM »
I'm in a rough patch of negativity with movies lately.  The Hobbit 2 was exceptionally corny for a LotR movie.  That horny elf took almost no convincing from that drawf to sleep with and everything the dragon said was cringe-worthy.  Last night I watched Blue Jasmine and that movie sucked hard too, yet the majority of the critics on rotten tomatos had nice things to say about it. 

anyway...I plan on seeing Llewyn Davis and A Touch of Sin in the coming weeks...possibly HER too.

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #6575 on: January 07, 2014, 01:52:16 PM »
Every Spike Jonze movie is amazing, aside from maybe Where the WIld Things Are, which had a mediocre narrative about it although it was still beautiful and an enjoyable film.  That's what you get for making a full-length film geared toward twenty-somethings and based off of a 40 page children's book.  I'm probably going to convince the lady to see Her with me tonight. 

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #6576 on: January 07, 2014, 02:05:54 PM »
I'm probably going to convince the lady to see Her with me tonight. 

Dooooooo it
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #6577 on: January 07, 2014, 02:31:37 PM »
Saw Her last night and thought it was the best movie I had seen in a while.

Where did you see it at? Link?

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #6578 on: January 07, 2014, 03:13:38 PM »
Saw Drinking Buddies and Side Effects on Netflix and I really liked both, especially Drinking Buddies

Rooney Mara is becoming one of my favorite actresses, this was one of her better performances

Greg Road

« Reply #6579 on: January 07, 2014, 05:06:33 PM »
Good Neighbors. It was good.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #6580 on: January 07, 2014, 07:53:47 PM »
Expand Quote
wolf

[close]
Long movie but I enjoyed it.
why does IMDB say its a drama? it was a three hour comedy.

as far as films go it was pretty bad. the only real conflict was the cop who was only in like two scenes. other than that it was just funny bits and a whole lot of boobs. it was funny but if this gets an oscars it will top off the joke. Jonah Hill had the best "acting" in the whole thing.

edit:IMDB says comedy now

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #6581 on: January 08, 2014, 07:23:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Saw Her last night and thought it was the best movie I had seen in a while.

[close]

Where did you see it at? Link?

In a theater.... sorry.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

Ollie Ringwald

• Rep: -3
« Reply #6582 on: January 08, 2014, 08:59:40 AM »
I just finished watching the last one of these, I highly recommend watching the whole trilogy.

matt.

• Rep: -6
« Reply #6583 on: January 08, 2014, 10:21:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
wolf

[close]
Long movie but I enjoyed it.
[close]
why does IMDB say its a drama? it was a three hour comedy.

as far as films go it was pretty bad. the only real conflict was the cop who was only in like two scenes. other than that it was just funny bits and a whole lot of boobs. it was funny but if this gets an oscars it will top off the joke. Jonah Hill had the best "acting" in the whole thing.

edit:IMDB says comedy now

There's torrents for it now.

I'm going to check it out tonight.

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #6584 on: January 09, 2014, 01:41:03 PM »
I just finished watching the last one of these, I highly recommend watching the whole trilogy.

Man, Juliette Binoche.  Sort of the French Julia Roberts, and I totally would. 

Watched that trilogy a few years ago.  They're all sort of blurred together in my head but I remember loving them. 

my pregnant head

• Rep: 13
« Reply #6585 on: January 09, 2014, 07:55:04 PM »
Just saw 12 years a slave. Unbelievable. Haven't seen all the contenders but I'll be amazed if I see another film more deserving of best picture.

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #6586 on: January 09, 2014, 11:49:01 PM »
just watched american psych
sick

Energy Turtle

• Rep: 15
« Reply #6587 on: January 10, 2014, 12:27:01 AM »

I think this is why Kubrick chose Nicholson for The Shining. one of his best performances for sure

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #6588 on: January 10, 2014, 12:58:34 AM »
american hustle was really good
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6589 on: January 10, 2014, 07:43:17 AM »
sick

american psych or american psycho?

I just happened to watch american psycho at random yesterday too and the shit was hectic, enjoyable though, some parts didn't add up for me as I'd liked though

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #6590 on: January 10, 2014, 09:06:27 AM »
Expand Quote
sick
[close]

I just happened to watch american psycho at random yesterday too and the shit was hectic, enjoyable though, some parts didn't add up for me as I'd liked though

You guys watch it on Netflix?  Cause I just did too lol. 

I didn't like it that much though.  Thought Bale could have done a better job I guess?  Kinda just hated the way he spoke.
I suck at SLAP.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #6591 on: January 10, 2014, 10:09:16 AM »
Inside Llewyn Davis didn't have much plot wise but the atmosphere and acting were pretty damn great.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6592 on: January 10, 2014, 10:26:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
sick
[close]

[close]

You guys watch it on Netflix?  Cause I just did too lol.  

I didn't like it that much though.  Thought Bale could have done a better job I guess?  Kinda just hated the way he spoke.

Lol yea, watching it again right now actually, I thought he did pretty nicely

I just wanted some closure on some scenes, it's also in movies like this that I realize you could get away with ALOT of shit back in the early 90s/late 80s

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #6593 on: January 10, 2014, 01:10:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
sick
[close]

[close]

I didn't like it that much though.  Thought Bale could have done a better job I guess?  Kinda just hated the way he spoke.
[close]

I just wanted some closure on some scenes, it's also in movies like this that I realize you could get away with ALOT of shit back in the early 90s/late 80s

Yeah, I looked up some interpretations of it after watching it and I guess most people believe that it was all in his head and he is just losing his mind.  Yet, some people argue that all of the name switches and what not might have caused him to get away with it.  It was definately all in his head IMO.

Dude, I wish I was in my twenties during the 80's. 

Also, you are right, he did a good job with it, I just didn't like the way he spoke.  Maybe it was the dialogue.  Preferred his role in other movies like The Prestige for instance.
I suck at SLAP.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6594 on: January 10, 2014, 08:39:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
sick
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, I looked up some interpretations of it after watching it and I guess most people believe that it was all in his head and he is just losing his mind.  Yet, some people argue that all of the name switches and what not might have caused him to get away with it.  It was definately all in his head IMO.

Also, you are right, he did a good job with it, I just didn't like the way he spoke.  Maybe it was the dialogue.  Preferred his role in other movies like The Prestige for instance.

Oh, idk maybe, the part where he's at the ATM and it tells him to feed it the stray cat is a good vouch that it's all in his head lol, Bale has always had kind of a weird way of talking, like he has a shitload of spit in his mouth at all times and there's nothing he can do about it ever

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #6595 on: January 10, 2014, 09:16:46 PM »
at the end i was thinking what happened. I guess he could get away with it. But alot of people are saying it was in his head. But I didnt expect this film to be a about a serial killer haha. I watched it cause of a article that compared him to "lord disick" from  the kardashians show. I agree he is a douche like scott.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6596 on: January 10, 2014, 09:24:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
sick
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh, idk maybe, the part where he's at the ATM and it tells him to feed it the stray cat is a good vouch that it's all in his head lol, Bale has always had kind of a weird way of talking, like he has a shitload of spit in his mouth at all times and there's nothing he can do about it ever
It's because he's Welsh and the use of vowels is still somewhat confusing to him.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #6597 on: January 10, 2014, 09:26:09 PM »
at the end i was thinking what happened. I guess he could get away with it. But alot of people are saying it was in his head. But I didnt expect this film to be a about a serial killer haha. I watched it cause of a article that compared him to "lord disick" from  the kardashians show. I agree he is a douche like scott.

Scott Disick has based his whole look off Bale in American Psycho.

he wants to be him soooooo bad.

Yeezus meets American Psycho (starring Scott Disick & Jonathan Cheban)

you guys should read the book or watch some of the other movies based on Brett Easton Ellis' novels (Rules of Attraction, Less Than Zero & The Informers).

on second thought, just check out his books.

iSk84thechicas

• Rep: -47
  • Thats right - Her AND her cousin
« Reply #6598 on: January 11, 2014, 01:56:50 AM »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 03:48:42 PM by iSk84thechicas »

-"...Because we all know if Baker were Guns N Roses, Braydon would be Steven Adler..."

- "When I'm not getting laid , I'm hauling myself down a 5 flat 5....Time to man up son!"