Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 925730 times)

Stoop Kid 2.0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #6810 on: July 08, 2014, 07:55:11 AM »
Just saw the new Transformers last night and it was great. They really stepped it up and wrote a great story that makes you want more. I don't know how many pals are Transformers fans but if you are its a definite must see. Lockdown, and Galvatron(Megatron) are great. The Dinobots were really well done as well, but I wish they would of called them by their names,allow them to speak, and have more screen time when they transformed into robots. They also made Optimus an amazing leader in this one by giving him some hatred towards the human race. I really hope in the next films they introduce  Autobots like Ultra magnus, Rodimus Prime, and redo Jetfire because they screwed him up in the second movie. it would be cool if they brought back Decepticons like Soundwave, and introduced Trypticon,and Thundercracker. Also if any of you did see the movie was that Starscream hanging in one of Lockdowns cells?

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6811 on: July 11, 2014, 03:03:33 PM »
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Incredible. I can't wait to see how this franchise develops.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #6812 on: July 12, 2014, 09:36:36 PM »
Just saw the new Transformers last night and it was great. They really stepped it up and wrote a great story that makes you want more. I don't know how many pals are Transformers fans but if you are its a definite must see. Lockdown, and Galvatron(Megatron) are great. The Dinobots were really well done as well, but I wish they would of called them by their names,allow them to speak, and have more screen time when they transformed into robots. They also made Optimus an amazing leader in this one by giving him some hatred towards the human race. I really hope in the next films they introduce  Autobots like Ultra magnus, Rodimus Prime, and redo Jetfire because they screwed him up in the second movie. it would be cool if they brought back Decepticons like Soundwave, and introduced Trypticon,and Thundercracker. Also if any of you did see the movie was that Starscream hanging in one of Lockdowns cells?
One of the worst films I've ever seen. No hyperbole. It blows my mind that anyone here would like it.

Fan-fucking-tastic. Of course the effects were amazing and photo-realistic. The way they made the apes emote felt absolutely natural. It wasn't some typical us versus them bullshit. The movie was analogous to a race and culture war done very well and it did well to show what seemed to be realistic development. Both sides seemed to understand the gravity of the situation and the other side's position. The one thing that I was not thrilled about is how towards the end the antagonist drops all pretense of moral ambiguity and goes straight for the definite side of "evil". It was understandable though. Even in his fall to undisputed enemy of good, his actions are more than warranted and could be written off as necessary to benefit his party. Go see this movie.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 09:43:10 PM by L33Tg33k »
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Mr. Lono

• Rep: 22
  • Fl NC CO
« Reply #6813 on: July 13, 2014, 04:43:00 AM »
Just got back from seeing Snowpiercer

Awesome movie.

Agreed. Good shit. Would definitely recommend
Charlie don't skate

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6814 on: July 13, 2014, 04:44:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Just saw the new Transformers last night and it was great. They really stepped it up and wrote a great story that makes you want more. I don't know how many pals are Transformers fans but if you are its a definite must see. Lockdown, and Galvatron(Megatron) are great. The Dinobots were really well done as well, but I wish they would of called them by their names,allow them to speak, and have more screen time when they transformed into robots. They also made Optimus an amazing leader in this one by giving him some hatred towards the human race. I really hope in the next films they introduce� Autobots like Ultra magnus, Rodimus Prime, and redo Jetfire because they screwed him up in the second movie. it would be cool if they brought back Decepticons like Soundwave, and introduced Trypticon,and Thundercracker. Also if any of you did see the movie was that Starscream hanging in one of Lockdowns cells?
[close]
One of the worst films I've ever seen. No hyperbole. It blows my mind that anyone here would like it.
Expand Quote

[close]
Fan-fucking-tastic. Of course the effects were amazing and photo-realistic. The way they made the apes emote felt absolutely natural. It wasn't some typical us versus them bullshit. The movie was analogous to a race and culture war done very well and it did well to show what seemed to be realistic development. Both sides seemed to understand the gravity of the situation and the other side's position. The one thing that I was not thrilled about is how towards the end the antagonist drops all pretense of moral ambiguity and goes straight for the definite side of "evil". It was understandable though. Even in his fall to undisputed enemy of good, his actions are more than warranted and could be written off as necessary to benefit his party. Go see this movie.

I like how you back up your statement with no solid points as to why it was bad. It really makes your opinion that much more valid.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6815 on: July 13, 2014, 08:22:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just saw the new Transformers last night and it was great. They really stepped it up and wrote a great story that makes you want more. I don't know how many pals are Transformers fans but if you are its a definite must see. Lockdown, and Galvatron(Megatron) are great. The Dinobots were really well done as well, but I wish they would of called them by their names,allow them to speak, and have more screen time when they transformed into robots. They also made Optimus an amazing leader in this one by giving him some hatred towards the human race. I really hope in the next films they introduce� Autobots like Ultra magnus, Rodimus Prime, and redo Jetfire because they screwed him up in the second movie. it would be cool if they brought back Decepticons like Soundwave, and introduced Trypticon,and Thundercracker. Also if any of you did see the movie was that Starscream hanging in one of Lockdowns cells?
[close]
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I like how you back up your statement with no solid points as to why it was bad. It really makes your opinion that much more valid.
Do you really believe that I'm not capable of typing why? I mean, you just read how I feel about another film and I think I did it pretty successfully. I didn't feel like I had to talk about Transformers. It's shittiness seems self evident and I'm going to say 90% of the users here would agree. Transformers is not a movie I want to think about ever again.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6816 on: July 13, 2014, 08:43:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Do you really believe that I'm not capable of typing why? I mean, you just read how I feel about another film and I think I did it pretty successfully. I didn't feel like I had to talk about Transformers. It's shittiness seems self evident and I'm going to say 90% of the users here would agree. Transformers is not a movie I want to think about ever again.

I'm not saying you're incapable of explaining why. It just seems like you don't have a reason for not liking it.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #6817 on: July 13, 2014, 09:00:05 AM »
Haven't seen it, but I can safely assume that the new Transformers movie is worth defending. For it's cinematic merits if nothing else.

Greg Road

« Reply #6818 on: July 13, 2014, 03:45:18 PM »
Just rewatched place beyond the pines - brilliant movie.

And Forgetting Sarah Marshall rules.

Haven't really seen anything new lately though - wanted to watch Noah but couldn't make it past 10 minutes.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6819 on: July 14, 2014, 07:12:19 PM »
Let's just say Trans4mers has a %17 score on rotten tomatoes for a reason.

KING TUT

• Rep: 15
« Reply #6820 on: July 14, 2014, 07:23:56 PM »
i just watched Non Stop the new liam neesons film, I enjoyed it butt fuck you yanks gotta add some pointless cheesiness to everything, for example when he talks about his daughter to everyone and at the the very end with the redhead, I had to facepalm.

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #6821 on: July 15, 2014, 09:37:13 AM »
Been on a netflix binge lately. Watched WWZ out of boredom the other night. The whole zombie concept is so mind-numbingly stupid that I have a hard time getting into zombie films. Didn't care for this one. There were three sequences I enjoyed though. The apt building bit in the beginning, the airplane crash, and the end at the research facility were all very tense and creepy.

Watched Ti West's The House of the Devil a few days ago. I don't think I've seen a movie so suspenseful. I swear I was on the verge of a heart attack for nearly the entire film. Once shit hits the fan, I was kind of let down, but the buildup was so good.

esoesloco

• Rep: -5
« Reply #6822 on: July 15, 2014, 02:54:08 PM »
Just rewatched place beyond the pines - brilliant movie.

And Forgetting Sarah Marshall rules.

Haven't really seen anything new lately though - wanted to watch Noah but couldn't make it past 10 minutes.

Place beyond the Pines was fantastic, I rarely rewatch films nowadays but I viewed that one thrice and would gladly do it again...I'm having trouble selecting and enjoying anything since "House Of Cards", it was so well written and acted and such a ballsy (under)statement on power politics and psychopathy in the modern world...nothing seems to stack up to the way that series was executed.

In our post-House of Cards binge comedown we've opted to watch light hearted comedies - "They Came Together" was enjoyable, also watched the last 3 seasons of "The Office" which was fantastic.

Enjoyed "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" quite a bit as well (I'm late to the party on everything these days)

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #6823 on: July 15, 2014, 03:21:58 PM »
Good, but not fun

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6824 on: August 05, 2014, 07:32:52 AM »
Guardians of the Galaxy is the best Marvel movie. I know that isn't really saying much with the shit they put out, but this one is real good. 100% sugar.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #6825 on: August 05, 2014, 07:46:56 AM »
Guardians of the Galaxy is the best Marvel movie. I know that isn't really saying much with the shit they put out, but this one is real good. 100% sugar.

Awesome. I have plans to see this tomorrow and I'm pretty stoked about it.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

EricF

« Reply #6826 on: August 05, 2014, 08:59:47 AM »
Funny Games (97) was great. Disturbing to say the least, but very good.

Same director also did The Piano Teacher, also on instant queue.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #6827 on: August 05, 2014, 01:20:29 PM »
Haneke did both Funny Games movies.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

EricF

« Reply #6828 on: August 05, 2014, 03:33:18 PM »
yeah, and he did the Piano Teacher as well. IMO the original Funny Games from 97 was a lot better.

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #6829 on: August 05, 2014, 03:49:27 PM »
I liked the original Funny Games more too! (I'm smart, I enjoy reading

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #6830 on: August 06, 2014, 03:42:47 AM »
watched Filth on netflix last night, best film i have seen in a long time.. anything Irvin Welsh has a hand in is bound to be good but this one shocked me with how rad it was!

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #6831 on: August 06, 2014, 02:00:03 PM »
I feel like the only dude that's left out of the Guardians of the Galaxy lovefest these days, everyone's raving about it but I walked out shrugging my shoulders.

I did see Boyhood a couple days earlier so that makes for a pretty weird back-to-back. Boyhood was sick though, even though it definitely wasn't as grand in scale as I'm sure some people wanted.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #6832 on: August 06, 2014, 09:12:02 PM »
I feel like the only dude that's left out of the Guardians of the Galaxy lovefest these days, everyone's raving about it but I walked out shrugging my shoulders.
You're not the only one. I enjoyed it and it was a likable film but it seemed like a conventional Marvel movie to me. Wise ass characters saying funny things, lots of fan service, etc.

The thing with these films is that there never seems to be any real stakes. I have never once feared for the lives of any of the characters (the ones that matter at least).

arthurspooner

• Rep: 9
« Reply #6833 on: August 06, 2014, 09:20:18 PM »
watched Filth on netflix last night, best film i have seen in a long time.. anything Irvin Welsh has a hand in is bound to be good but this one shocked me with how rad it was!

Man! I have been wanting to see this, but it's not on the Netflix for the U.S.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #6834 on: August 07, 2014, 04:44:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I highly reccomend you try n find an online stream or go buy the dvd its fucking banging dude! i may even rewatch tonight cos theres so much to take in i am bound to have missed shit the first time round haha

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
« Reply #6835 on: August 07, 2014, 05:31:43 AM »
I watched Palo Alto last night, not really sure what I thought of it. Some really cool shots but the characters were a bit played out. Also- Sean Pablo and Jacob Messex had cameos and Andrew Lutheran had a minor role.
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

Durndle

• Rep: 7
  • Denton. Gateway to Durndle
« Reply #6836 on: August 07, 2014, 01:19:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I highly reccomend you try n find an online stream or go buy the dvd its fucking banging dude! i may even rewatch tonight cos theres so much to take in i am bound to have missed shit the first time round haha
or just use this:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/hola/
it's on british netflix

Useless Wooden Bench

• Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image
« Reply #6837 on: August 07, 2014, 01:35:59 PM »
High expectations for The Raid 2 and it did not disappoint

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #6838 on: August 07, 2014, 02:32:33 PM »
Palo Alto was just pretty much good, not great..  Lots of teenage eye-candy... I love you, Emma Roberts.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #6839 on: August 08, 2014, 05:58:46 PM »
Surprisingly  , the new turtles movie is really good , cheezy with abit of old references , but still good and not micheal bayish