Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 925140 times)

Molte

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #7170 on: December 04, 2015, 01:54:28 PM »
This was tits. Literally.
29:48
Wizards 1977 • Full Movie
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 01:57:09 PM by Molte »
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7171 on: December 05, 2015, 06:12:53 AM »
Haha, ok.  It made me think of when I was walking home from a bar shitfaced and walked past a theater showing 28 Days Later and I had no idea what it was.  I made it about 15 minutes in before I had to walk about because I was way too wasted for that business.
I know right? Zombies don't fucking run!

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

JerrySeinfeld

• Rep: -3
« Reply #7172 on: December 05, 2015, 06:27:58 AM »
Ive been seeing a lot of movies recently. I like to get high and see an early movie on my day off. I just saw Creed. It was decent, its probably everything you would expect from a rocky sequel/spin off. The night before, the seth rogen holiday comedy was defiantly funny, I recommend for a good easy laugh. Hunger Games was alright, I only saw it because I saw the previous ones and just felt like I had to finish it. The Steve Jobs movie was ok, I expected more but I guess thats my fault. A friend of mine who is a huge apple fan was telling me that the movie was wildly inaccurate. The best movie I've seen recently was definitely spotlight. just a great movie all around, you gotta see that one.

Who's excited for star wars? I have tickets for opening night and then again the next morning. sober for the first showing, high af for the second

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #7173 on: December 05, 2015, 12:33:59 PM »

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7174 on: December 06, 2015, 08:07:39 AM »

Really good documentary on NYC street photographers. Cadillac, if you haven't seen this yet then you definitely need to.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #7175 on: December 09, 2015, 09:05:07 PM »
The Squid and the Whale. I had watched it when I was younger - some time in high school - and didn't think much of it, but I liked it a good bit this time around.

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #7176 on: December 13, 2015, 06:12:25 PM »

Koji-Wu

« Reply #7177 on: December 13, 2015, 06:45:00 PM »

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #7178 on: December 18, 2015, 05:02:21 PM »
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #7179 on: December 23, 2015, 01:42:28 PM »
yo... the new star wars movie was sick. i haven't really seen a lot of the others and i went in with no expectations - maybe even leaning towards negative expectations - but it was really good. i didn't really like that actor that played fin though. he was pretty corny sometimes.

scaryghoul

• Rep: -8
« Reply #7180 on: December 23, 2015, 08:58:56 PM »
I saw The Martian today
It was sick... I give it an 8.5/10
The ending had me crying like a little bitch it was awesome

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7181 on: December 24, 2015, 08:35:01 AM »

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #7182 on: December 24, 2015, 11:18:23 AM »
You got to see The Revenant already?
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #7183 on: December 24, 2015, 11:53:28 AM »
You got to see The Revenant already?

The Revenant and Hateful Eight leaked online about a week ago

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7184 on: December 24, 2015, 01:54:15 PM »
Yeah, screener season.

prettybird

• Rep: -3
« Reply #7185 on: December 25, 2015, 09:56:30 PM »
Yeah, screener season.

Tis the season. What do you do in the industry if u don't mind me asking? I've been a bit disappointed by the screeners I've received this year, though I watched the hateful 8 today and loved it despite the length.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #7186 on: December 25, 2015, 10:34:58 PM »
Saw the Hateful 8 last night in 70 MM and thought it was great.  i love bleak spaghetti westerns, and it definitely was that, but moreso a dialogue driven character study (like most QT movies).

the plot was pretty obviously based on this:

CUT THROATS NINE - TRAILER
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #7187 on: December 25, 2015, 10:57:33 PM »
The revenant . While the movie , plot , acting and so on was great . The cinematography were just , holy shit .  Maybe top 5 or top 10 most beautiful movies ever made ?

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #7188 on: December 26, 2015, 08:34:43 AM »
Saw the Hateful 8 last night in 70 MM and thought it was great.  i love bleak spaghetti westerns, and it definitely was that, but moreso a dialogue driven character study (like most QT movies).

The Hateful Eight was amazing, in my opinion.  You're always on the same page as with movies as I am, my man!

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #7189 on: December 26, 2015, 08:51:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The Hateful Eight was amazing, in my opinion.  You're always on the same page as with movies as I am, my man!

Goddamn can't wait to see it, playing in 70mm right near my house.

Cutthroats 9 is easily in my top 5 of all time.  When I saw it the first time I thought "wow Quentin needs to rip this one"

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7190 on: December 26, 2015, 12:00:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Yeah, screener season.

[close]
Tis the season. What do you do in the industry if u don't mind me asking? I've been a bit disappointed by the screeners I've received this year, though I watched the hateful 8 today and loved it despite the length.
I downloaded it.

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #7191 on: December 27, 2015, 07:46:22 AM »
Just saw the 70mm Roadshow screening of Hateful Eight.

Badass flick. Worth seeing. If you liked the opening of Inglorious, you'll like this.

Although I felt it wasn't a western at all. More of a horror movie, if anything! Just happens to take place in a western setting.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #7192 on: January 12, 2016, 02:24:10 PM »
Just saw The Revenant in theaters, and I have to agree it was great, from the cinematography to the acting (Tom Hardy and Dicaprio were amazing). Inarritu is definitely becoming one of my favorite directors.

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #7193 on: January 12, 2016, 11:11:12 PM »
This one came out a while ago but I watched The Stanford Prison Experiment tonight and it was fucking good. The editing and soundtrack ratchet up the tension, and the acting all around was phenomenal. Great pacing, solid on all fronts. It's one of those films that you think about long after it's over. The film touches on social constructs and how we all fall into roles despite our best intentions or preconceived identities. This film oddly enough reminded me of The Road, in that you see what becomes of man when the rules are thrown out the window. I'm actually up now, drawing imaginary lines to things that probably shouldn't be connected, like the authoritarian figures in my life, at my job...  I'm convinced that the management team at my restaurant is trying to break us.

So go fucking watch it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7LviGTHud5w

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #7194 on: January 13, 2016, 05:07:34 AM »
Just saw The Revenant in theaters, and I have to agree it was great, from the cinematography to the acting (Tom Hardy and Dicaprio were amazing). Inarritu is definitely becoming one of my favorite directors.

I really liked Hardy in Bronson but since then he seems to be overplaying a lot, it was the only thing that was annoying in revenant.

shark tits

« Reply #7195 on: January 13, 2016, 05:11:08 AM »
This one came out a while ago but I watched The Stanford Prison Experiment tonight and it was fucking good. The editing and soundtrack ratchet up the tension, and the acting all around was phenomenal. Great pacing, solid on all fronts. It's one of those films that you think about long after it's over. The film touches on social constructs and how we all fall into roles despite our best intentions or preconceived identities. This film oddly enough reminded me of The Road, in that you see what becomes of man when the rules are thrown out the window. I'm actually up now, drawing imaginary lines to things that probably shouldn't be connected, like the authoritarian figures in my life, at my job...  I'm convinced that the management team at my restaurant is trying to break us.

So go fucking watch it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7LviGTHud5w
i saw the german version of this movie a decade ago. think it was called 'experiment' but i may be mistaken. really good if you don't mind subtitles [i don't mind].

rideflannel

« Reply #7196 on: January 13, 2016, 02:27:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I really liked Hardy in Bronson but since then he seems to be overplaying a lot, it was the only thing that was annoying in revenant.

I thought Hardy's performance was actually better than Dicaprio's in The Revenant. Actually made me go, wow, this guy is a real son of a bitch. Whole flick was great though! I never really considered myself very squeamish but a lot of the gore was so gnarly I almost had to look away. 9/10

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #7197 on: January 16, 2016, 09:01:42 AM »
been laid up the last few days so went on a binge... some great movies to recommend:

Electric Boogaloo - The Untold History of Cannon Films

Really entertaining doc about Cannon Films, makers of every C grade (or usually lower) film from the 1980's whose biggest hits were Breakin', Delta Force and the Death Wish sequels.  This is back when people made low budget trash films because they actually thought they were good, not trying to be hip or clever.

The Color of Noise

Documentary about Tom Hazlemeyer and his record label Amphetamine Reptile, one of my favorite labels back in the early 90's and home of some legendary weirdo bands like the Cows, Helmet, God Bullies, Melvins, etc...  Dope, Guns and Fucking in the streets!

Mannaja - A Man Called Blade

Great violent as fuck spaghetti western, not much different than other violent spaghetti westerns other than the use of hatchets.  Can't go wrong with these kind of movies.

Le Trou

How had I never heard of this movie?   Amazing Criterion film, a french prison break movie.  Slow moving and tense, shows all the steps taken in real time and real sound (also stars a man who actually broke out of a french prison so he had the inside info).  One of the best I have seen in awhile, reminds me of Riffiffi or Le Circle Rouge.  Unexpected ending, too.

Bone Tomahawk

Saving the best for last... fucking awesome movie and one of the best I've seen since The Kill List.  Starts out as a slow burning western/revenge tale, ends up being gut churningly violent horror like Saw...  How this one flew under the radar I have no idea but usually the best ones do.   Can't recommend this enough.  Here's the trailer:

Bone Tomahawk Official Trailer #1 (2015) - Kurt Russell, Patrick Wilson Movie HD

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #7198 on: January 17, 2016, 04:28:34 AM »

Surprisingly consistent acting and storytelling on top of the "filmed in one shot" gimmick. The beginning dragged on a bit but luckily picked up enough speed after a while.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #7199 on: January 27, 2016, 07:15:06 AM »
been laid up the last few days so went on a binge... some great movies to recommend:

Electric Boogaloo - The Untold History of Cannon Films

Really entertaining doc about Cannon Films, makers of every C grade (or usually lower) film from the 1980's whose biggest hits were Breakin', Delta Force and the Death Wish sequels.  This is back when people made low budget trash films because they actually thought they were good, not trying to be hip or clever.

The Color of Noise

Documentary about Tom Hazlemeyer and his record label Amphetamine Reptile, one of my favorite labels back in the early 90's and home of some legendary weirdo bands like the Cows, Helmet, God Bullies, Melvins, etc...  Dope, Guns and Fucking in the streets!

Mannaja - A Man Called Blade

Great violent as fuck spaghetti western, not much different than other violent spaghetti westerns other than the use of hatchets.  Can't go wrong with these kind of movies.

Le Trou

How had I never heard of this movie?   Amazing Criterion film, a french prison break movie.  Slow moving and tense, shows all the steps taken in real time and real sound (also stars a man who actually broke out of a french prison so he had the inside info).  One of the best I have seen in awhile, reminds me of Riffiffi or Le Circle Rouge.  Unexpected ending, too.

Bone Tomahawk

Saving the best for last... fucking awesome movie and one of the best I've seen since The Kill List.  Starts out as a slow burning western/revenge tale, ends up being gut churningly violent horror like Saw...  How this one flew under the radar I have no idea but usually the best ones do.   Can't recommend this enough.  Here's the trailer:

Bone Tomahawk Official Trailer #1 (2015) - Kurt Russell, Patrick Wilson Movie HD

cool selection and trying to check those of my list one by one

so far only watched MANNAJA but it just wasn't my cup of tea i guess.
funny enough a friend of mine told me about bone tomahawk the night before i checked out this thread again, but made it sound like it was more of a trashy type of movie, but after reading a couple reviews including the one you gave i can't wait to check it out.

and i am still waiting for the right evening/ mood to watch THE REVENANT. trailer looks sooooo fucking heavy witch hardy dragging him into his grave and all that shit. guess i have to mentally prepare for that one.

last good movie i saw was NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN that i did not see since it must have come out- SOOOO STOKED!