Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 925191 times)

Alan

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #780 on: December 26, 2008, 03:23:31 AM »
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

schweet

• Rep: 16
« Reply #781 on: December 26, 2008, 09:53:46 AM »
you have a really strange sense of humor....
You either got sucked into the melodrama, or I didn't explain myself well enough.

***Spoilers (don't read if you haven't seen Seven Pounds)*********************

He fucking uses a jellyfish to off himself! How stupid is that? Jellyfish have toxins and poisons that they release into your blood stream.  So there is a highly unlikely chance that his organs could be still be suitable for donation.  Who fucking writes this shit and get away with it?

***End Spoilers******************************* 

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #782 on: December 26, 2008, 01:13:46 PM »
yeah that was obvious and the first thing we started discussing when the movie was over but we deffinatly didnt laugh. there was nothing funny at all about it, if anything it was sad that these people didnt check facts or even use common sense before putting out the movie. it was also kind of depressing to know they make alot more money than me, but i cant say at any point it was laughable. you sir need help, this may be a sign that you are a serial killer.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #783 on: December 26, 2008, 02:36:19 PM »
oh and this is for anyone interested in slumdog millionaire http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4597296
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Pelican

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #784 on: December 26, 2008, 09:34:11 PM »
i liked benjamin button. but who cares what i think.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #785 on: December 26, 2008, 09:45:29 PM »
I watched Se7en tonight. It was good but I can't really rave about it. The plot was really interesting and everything but the characters seemed too cliché.

frisco

« Reply #786 on: December 26, 2008, 09:53:59 PM »
I watched Se7en tonight. It was good but I can't really rave about it. The plot was really interesting and everything but the characters seemed too cliché.

it has one of the best endings ive seen im not gonna lie, when spacey walks into the police station i shit my pants

CeeyMar

« Reply #787 on: December 26, 2008, 09:54:50 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0815241/

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4595079/

I'm watching this right now and its seriously awesome. the awkwardness and hilarity surpasses any expectation i had for it. Bill Maher is killing it.

watching that as I type, very good film. The Dark knight was amazing as well.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #788 on: December 26, 2008, 10:04:22 PM »
with all the movies being tossed around for award consideration its been like screener heaven on the internet for the past few days. and its perfect timing because there is a shitload of snow/slush outside and i dont have shit to do for atleast 2 more weeks. just today i watched Changeling, Slumdog Millionaire, vicky christina barcelona, and Che: Part one (which is a really good watch, i loves me some del torro) the coming few weeks are going to be filled with fine films and slight boners. i figure Benjamin Button is going to be on here within the next couple days, pretty hyped on that.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #789 on: December 26, 2008, 10:37:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

it has one of the best endings ive seen im not gonna lie, when spacey walks into the police station i shit my pants

Spacey in general did really well in that movie.

frisco

« Reply #790 on: December 26, 2008, 11:19:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

for how little he was actually in it he was amazing

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #791 on: December 26, 2008, 11:33:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

for how little he was actually in it he was amazing

Their whole dialogue in the car was probably the best scene of the movie for me.

frisco

« Reply #792 on: December 27, 2008, 04:00:03 AM »
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4571502

for anyone who fucks with torrents and wants gran torino, its a real good one yaw

just finished it, first of all Clint Eastwood is an ultimate badass, however this isnt a very good movie, the supporting cast actually made me want to turn it off, the dialogue at parts was so bad I thought they'd dubbed english over english, it wasn't shot very well and it was really dry at parts, no music except for what sounded like a raspy Clint Eastwood singing at the end which made me laugh. If this is nominated for "Best Picture" at the Oscars I will be extremely disappointed, but I thought Clint Eastwood was great in it.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #793 on: December 27, 2008, 11:33:47 AM »
Expand Quote

for anyone who fucks with torrents and wants gran torino, its a real good one yaw
[close]

just finished it, first of all Clint Eastwood is an ultimate badass, however this isnt a very good movie, the supporting cast actually made me want to turn it off, the dialogue at parts was so bad I thought they'd dubbed english over english, it wasn't shot very well and it was really dry at parts, no music except for what sounded like a raspy Clint Eastwood singing at the end which made me laugh. If this is nominated for "Best Picture" at the Oscars I will be extremely disappointed, but I thought Clint Eastwood was great in it.

the asian girl is the worst thing ever in that. in changeling (which clint directed) its not nearly as bad but there is still a couple people that are so bad it makes you think clints a little too old to be directing films.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

The Ghermanator

• Rep: 0
« Reply #794 on: December 27, 2008, 07:40:34 PM »
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button screener is on Demoniod. It's going pretty slow right now though. http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1738824/2022688/

Corey Quinn

« Reply #795 on: December 27, 2008, 08:48:58 PM »
frost/nixon fucking awesome

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #796 on: December 27, 2008, 10:40:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

the asian girl is the worst thing ever in that. in changeling (which clint directed) its not nearly as bad but there is still a couple people that are so bad it makes you think clints a little too old to be directing films.

yeah gran torino, same thing for me, I liked clint, but damn everyone else in it was TERRIBLE.  His two sons, the asian boy and girl, and especially the priest.  And that was clint singing at the end.

I finally saw slumdog millionaire, the trailer for is was so amazing that I had really high hopes for this movie and thankfully they were met.  I loved every minute of it.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #797 on: December 27, 2008, 10:43:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

yeah gran torino, same thing for me, I liked clint, but damn everyone else in it was TERRIBLE.  His two sons, the asian boy and girl, and especially the priest.  And that was clint singing at the end.

I finally saw slumdog millionaire, the trailer for is was so amazing that I had really high hopes for this movie and thankfully they were met.  I loved every minute of it.

did you feel kind of awkward at the end when they started dancing?
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

frisco

« Reply #798 on: December 29, 2008, 05:21:01 AM »

Point Break is fucking awesome. Fuck what anyone says

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #799 on: December 29, 2008, 06:08:14 AM »

Point Break is fucking awesome. Fuck what anyone says
brice de nice thinks the same

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1284
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #800 on: December 29, 2008, 07:10:14 AM »

the wrestler and it was fucking awesome. one of the best of the year easily.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9OS1ITV8   part 1
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YUOQ8RJ3  part 2

enjoy.
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #801 on: December 31, 2008, 12:38:52 AM »

the wrestler and it was fucking awesome. one of the best of the year easily.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9OS1ITV8   part 1
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YUOQ8RJ3  part 2

enjoy.

so much marrisa tomei tittie
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

JockoHomo

• Rep: 3
« Reply #802 on: December 31, 2008, 12:41:42 AM »
I watched The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford tonight...it was bomb.  I recommend it.

such a rad movie. casey affleck kills it.
get the soundtrack, it does not disappoint.

frisco

« Reply #803 on: December 31, 2008, 12:44:41 AM »
I watched The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford tonight...it was bomb.  I recommend it.

ah good call, its so god damn underrated, I hate when people rag on it for being "slow". Impatient bastards.

Has to be in my top 10 movies of all time

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #804 on: December 31, 2008, 09:46:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

did you feel kind of awkward at the end when they started dancing?

well I read something about a big dance sequence "tribute to bollywood" type thing before seeing it, so I was kind of expecting it, but yeah, it did feel very out of place.

I also watched the Wrestler last night.  So good, wasn't crazy about the ending though, maybe I was expecting...ah never mind, I don't wanna spoil it for anyone.   Defenitly good movie, I predict Mickey wins the oscar.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #805 on: December 31, 2008, 10:15:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nick Cave rarely disappoints in my opinion.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #806 on: December 31, 2008, 10:26:54 AM »

"The old man's still an artist with the thompson"

One of my favorite scenes in a movie ever is when they try and bump off Albert Finney to the magical tune of Danny Boy

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

frisco

« Reply #807 on: December 31, 2008, 02:26:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

"Who is that?  His voice sounds familiar...is that...Nick Cave!?  No way!  That's it, I'm watching the credits."

Then, as soon as the credits roll..."Music by Nick Cave"

Awesome.

I might be buying that one.

As I recall there are not any lyrics in any of the songs, I bought the soundtrack when I saw the movie in theaters, unless your talking about that guy whose singing about "that dirty little coward who shot mr howard" song, I agree though, amazing soundtrack.

JockoHomo

• Rep: 3
« Reply #808 on: December 31, 2008, 02:32:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

"Who is that?  His voice sounds familiar...is that...Nick Cave!?  No way!  That's it, I'm watching the credits."

Awesome.

have you checked out the proposition? badass western set in the australian outback, written by nick cave.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #809 on: January 01, 2009, 12:01:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Awesome.

[close]

have you checked out the proposition? badass western set in the australian outback, written by nick cave.

Shit THE PROPOSITION is so good.  SO GOOD.