Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 575068 times)

frisco

Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #810 on: December 31, 2008, 12:44:41 AM »
I watched The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford tonight...it was bomb.  I recommend it.

ah good call, its so god damn underrated, I hate when people rag on it for being "slow". Impatient bastards.

Has to be in my top 10 movies of all time

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
« Reply #811 on: December 31, 2008, 09:46:24 AM »
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4571502

for anyone who fucks with torrents and wants gran torino, its a real good one yaw

just finished it, first of all Clint Eastwood is an ultimate badass, however this isnt a very good movie, the supporting cast actually made me want to turn it off, the dialogue at parts was so bad I thought they'd dubbed english over english, it wasn't shot very well and it was really dry at parts, no music except for what sounded like a raspy Clint Eastwood singing at the end which made me laugh. If this is nominated for "Best Picture" at the Oscars I will be extremely disappointed, but I thought Clint Eastwood was great in it.

the asian girl is the worst thing ever in that. in changeling (which clint directed) its not nearly as bad but there is still a couple people that are so bad it makes you think clints a little too old to be directing films.

yeah gran torino, same thing for me, I liked clint, but damn everyone else in it was TERRIBLE.  His two sons, the asian boy and girl, and especially the priest.  And that was clint singing at the end.

I finally saw slumdog millionaire, the trailer for is was so amazing that I had really high hopes for this movie and thankfully they were met.  I loved every minute of it.

did you feel kind of awkward at the end when they started dancing?

well I read something about a big dance sequence "tribute to bollywood" type thing before seeing it, so I was kind of expecting it, but yeah, it did feel very out of place.

I also watched the Wrestler last night.  So good, wasn't crazy about the ending though, maybe I was expecting...ah never mind, I don't wanna spoil it for anyone.   Defenitly good movie, I predict Mickey wins the oscar.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
« Reply #812 on: December 31, 2008, 10:15:55 AM »
I watched The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford tonight...it was bomb.  I recommend it.

get the soundtrack, it does not disappoint.
Nick Cave rarely disappoints in my opinion.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
« Reply #813 on: December 31, 2008, 10:26:54 AM »

"The old man's still an artist with the thompson"

One of my favorite scenes in a movie ever is when they try and bump off Albert Finney to the magical tune of Danny Boy

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

frisco

« Reply #814 on: December 31, 2008, 02:26:33 PM »

such a rad movie. casey affleck kills it.

"Who is that?  His voice sounds familiar...is that...Nick Cave!?  No way!  That's it, I'm watching the credits."

Then, as soon as the credits roll..."Music by Nick Cave"

Awesome.

I might be buying that one.

As I recall there are not any lyrics in any of the songs, I bought the soundtrack when I saw the movie in theaters, unless your talking about that guy whose singing about "that dirty little coward who shot mr howard" song, I agree though, amazing soundtrack.

JockoHomo

• Rep: 3
« Reply #815 on: December 31, 2008, 02:32:06 PM »

"Who is that?  His voice sounds familiar...is that...Nick Cave!?  No way!  That's it, I'm watching the credits."

Awesome.

have you checked out the proposition? badass western set in the australian outback, written by nick cave.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
« Reply #816 on: January 01, 2009, 12:01:53 PM »

Awesome.

have you checked out the proposition? badass western set in the australian outback, written by nick cave.

Shit THE PROPOSITION is so good.  SO GOOD.

frisco

« Reply #817 on: January 01, 2009, 11:09:46 PM »
^ going to check that out now

For all the bad stuff I heard about it I enjoyed the Gofather part 3, it was very different than the other two but still good nonetheless

tanhoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #818 on: January 01, 2009, 11:11:53 PM »
the propostion is amazing.

i just watched burn after reading. shit was dope.

frisco

« Reply #819 on: January 02, 2009, 02:15:22 AM »
found myself a nice Tommy Boy torrent

I fucking love Chris Farley

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1068874

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
« Reply #820 on: January 02, 2009, 10:59:02 AM »
yesterday was lazy for me so i stayed inside and watched the dark knight and there will be blood. no links

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #821 on: January 02, 2009, 01:31:35 PM »
Watched Rocky IV and Rocky Balboa last night over beers and pizza. Manly.

Pelican

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #822 on: January 02, 2009, 02:48:35 PM »
hellboy 2 sucked but the monsters were all really cool looking

jrock

« Reply #823 on: January 02, 2009, 10:16:52 PM »
i thought Gran Torino was awesome.  but I like pretty much any Clint Eastwood movie that doesn't involve an orangatan.

My copies of "To live and die in LA" and "They Live" both came in today.  they're both really good.

CeeyMar

« Reply #824 on: January 02, 2009, 10:31:48 PM »
I'm watching Burn After Reading right now. I'm 35 minutes in and I've Lol'd many times, Brad Pitts character is my favorite in the movie I should count how many times he says fuck and shit in this movie.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
« Reply #825 on: January 03, 2009, 10:10:38 PM »
I'm watching Burn After Reading right now. I'm 35 minutes in and I've Lol'd many times, Brad Pitts character is my favorite in the movie I should count how many times he says fuck and shit in this movie.

really? i wasn't feeling that movie

redrum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #826 on: January 03, 2009, 11:42:39 PM »
finally saw boondock saints. pretty badass.

frisco

« Reply #827 on: January 03, 2009, 11:59:37 PM »
Christopher Nolans 'Insomnia' with Pacino and Robin Williams

MEOW

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
« Reply #828 on: January 04, 2009, 12:19:17 AM »
i thought Gran Torino was awesome.  but I like pretty much any Clint Eastwood movie that doesn't involve an orangatan.

My copies of "To live and die in LA" and "They Live" both came in today.  they're both really good.

gran torino was fucking great, saw it last night and was super psyched on it. i've already started grunting and shooting my finger at people.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
« Reply #829 on: January 04, 2009, 01:23:23 PM »
i saw Good Will Hunting on tv last night. I didn't think i would like it, but i did. Robin Williams' best acting role besides Mrs. Doubtfire.

redrum

« Reply #830 on: January 04, 2009, 07:36:07 PM »
i saw Good Will Hunting on tv last night. I didn't think i would like it, but i did. Robin Williams' best acting role besides Mrs. Doubtfire.

patch adams was on tv here a couple nights ago, its worth watching.

frisco

« Reply #831 on: January 04, 2009, 08:22:03 PM »
The Diving Bell and The Butterfly

Amazing film, beautifully shot, well written and well acted. I truly loved this film, and I really thought I wouldn't. I hesitated watching it but glad I finally did.

I highly recommend this to everyone.

leadpencil

• Rep: 18
« Reply #832 on: January 04, 2009, 08:35:50 PM »
The Diving Bell and The Butterfly

Amazing film, beautifully shot, well written and well acted. I truly loved this film, and I really thought I wouldn't. I hesitated watching it but glad I finally did.

I highly recommend this to everyone.
I haven't seen the film but I read the book. If you do happen to read, I highly suggest it. One of my favorite books, and it's a quick read.

redrum

« Reply #833 on: January 04, 2009, 10:30:56 PM »
this was on a few weeks ago as well, but i only caught the last half. i'll have to find it on dvd or something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brick_(film)

frisco

« Reply #834 on: January 04, 2009, 10:41:49 PM »
this was on a few weeks ago as well, but i only caught the last half. i'll have to find it on dvd or something.

its a pretty trippy ass movie, it has some really cool shots thanks to a creative dirctor of photogrpahy doing what they could which what almost looked like a student movie

It was good though, weird but good

Since.1927

• Rep: 2
  • Cardiel wins at life.
« Reply #835 on: January 04, 2009, 10:49:56 PM »
fight club

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
« Reply #836 on: January 04, 2009, 11:46:52 PM »

its a pretty trippy ass movie, it has some really cool shots thanks to a creative dirctor of photogrpahy doing what they could which what almost looked like a student movie

I saw it twice in theaters when it first came out. It's absolutely amazing what the cast and crew achieved on such a limited budget (i believe less than half a million) - pretty unprecedented  for a first time director. Joesph Gordon Levitt is definitely one of the best actors this generation has to offer.

frisco

« Reply #837 on: January 04, 2009, 11:57:52 PM »

I saw it twice in theaters when it first came out. It's absolutely amazing what the cast and crew achieved on such a limited budget (i believe less than half a million) - pretty unprecedented  for a first time director. Joesph Gordon Levitt is definitely one of the best actors this generation has to offer.

wow thats pretty amazing how good it looked for how low of a budget that is, i think Gordon Levitt did do a good job, I also surprisingly liked him in The Lookout

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #838 on: January 05, 2009, 01:05:44 AM »
Heat!

frisco

« Reply #839 on: January 05, 2009, 01:25:28 AM »