Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 925568 times)

Pelican

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #870 on: January 11, 2009, 10:00:16 AM »
vicky christina barcelona

cute little film, some funny moments. best part was the scenery.

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #871 on: January 11, 2009, 10:47:02 AM »
not gran torino
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

frisco

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #873 on: January 11, 2009, 05:56:27 PM »
benjamin button

schweet

• Rep: 16
« Reply #874 on: January 11, 2009, 10:19:18 PM »
vicky christina barcelona

best part was the females.

frisco

« Reply #875 on: January 12, 2009, 08:17:25 AM »

just finished it, fucking stacked cast, hard to understand with so much shit going on and it was hard enough with their accents and slang, it was good though

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #876 on: January 12, 2009, 08:25:41 AM »

just finished it, fucking stacked cast, hard to understand with so much shit going on and it was hard enough with their accents and slang, it was good though

I have a hard time taking Guy Ritchie films seriously after seeing this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bb_Pfgu-wg

frisco

« Reply #877 on: January 12, 2009, 08:53:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have a hard time taking Guy Ritchie films seriously after seeing this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bb_Pfgu-wg

haha thats funny, about halfway through the film I was noticed how similar it was to every British Gangster Film I'd seen, even had the same actors I think, something always gets stolen from the wrong person, que the "Russian" or foregin savage to get it back and always with a "twist" at the end or near to it where someone gets fucked over, Snatch, Lock Stock, Layer Cake and this one

jrock

« Reply #878 on: January 12, 2009, 01:02:51 PM »
the kingdom

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #879 on: January 12, 2009, 01:06:29 PM »
I just watched Drugstore Cowboy, it was pretty good, I like Matt Dillon's acting

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #880 on: January 12, 2009, 07:20:13 PM »

^^this was the first PG-rated film released by Disney. It was taken out of theaters after only showing for a week because it traumatized little kids. Pretty spooky film. Bette Davis is great in it.

^^^an American classic

^^^^i saw a genuine 35mm "grindhouse" print of this. A bit tedious at times, but still pretty good.

frisco

« Reply #881 on: January 13, 2009, 03:54:32 AM »
ah Stand By Me is so fucking awesome, im interested in that Disney fucked up one I'm going to find a torrent for it

I liked this one, gets super intense

Bipsmound

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Turd Magazine avatar image
« Reply #882 on: January 13, 2009, 05:47:14 AM »

Alec Guinness almost one ups the Sellers stash by playing 8 characters.  Pretty sassy tale of revenge.  Two thumbs up yer butt.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #883 on: January 13, 2009, 08:25:24 AM »
high tension.
i only saw the first 15 minutes of it, up until the point where the short blond haired girl puts on her headphones and masturbates in bed.  it gave me a boner and boner inducing flicks are by definition good.
i'll check out the rest of the flick when i get a chance but what i did see was pretty gruesome/intense. 

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
« Reply #884 on: January 13, 2009, 09:30:46 AM »
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

swllbo

• Rep: 13
« Reply #885 on: January 13, 2009, 09:45:17 AM »
ah Stand By Me is so fucking awesome, im interested in that Disney fucked up one I'm going to find a torrent for it

I liked this one, gets super intense

Mississippi burning is a good movie. It's based on actual events that took place in Philadelphia,Ms, which happens to be my hometown. I remember when they would not play it at the theater there because it was still segregated and some of the events took place in that theater.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #886 on: January 13, 2009, 11:39:00 AM »
high tension.
i only saw the first 15 minutes of it, up until the point where the short blond haired girl puts on her headphones and masturbates in bed.  it gave me a boner and boner inducing flicks are by definition good.
i'll check out the rest of the flick when i get a chance but what i did see was pretty gruesome/intense. 

I had never heard of that movie and somehow ended up with 2 copies of it at my house, one of the more gore filled confusefests ive endured. murderous broads are always the best in bed.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

frisco

« Reply #887 on: January 13, 2009, 09:18:03 PM »
Benjamin Button, long yes, but very well done, Fincher is real clutch, I hope he picks up some hardware for this one I think with his track record hes pretty due

leadpencil

• Rep: 18
« Reply #888 on: January 13, 2009, 09:34:37 PM »
Expand Quote
high tension.
[close]

I had never heard of that movie and somehow ended up with 2 copies of it at my house, one of the more gore filled confusefests ive endured. murderous broads are always the best in bed.

Wasn't the opening scene with the "Killer" fucking the decapitated head the fucking gnarliest thing ever!? Seriously it was gnarly

Frisco, I'm glad you ended up enjoying it; after boosting about how I liked it so much, it would of sucked if you just hated it.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #889 on: January 13, 2009, 09:46:17 PM »

guy le douche

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #890 on: January 13, 2009, 09:56:09 PM »
dumb and dumber is on right now, that movie is priceless.

Bipsmound

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Turd Magazine avatar image
« Reply #891 on: January 14, 2009, 05:48:20 AM »

This looks tasty, I must peep.

I watched this last night, I should've seen it a long time ago.  So delicious.  As a director, it seems like Billy Wilder doesn't really call that much attention to himself, but he's totally the best.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #892 on: January 14, 2009, 08:17:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
high tension.
[close]

[close]

Wasn't the opening scene with the "Killer" fucking the decapitated head the fucking gnarliest thing ever!? Seriously it was gnarly

Frisco, I'm glad you ended up enjoying it; after boosting about how I liked it so much, it would of sucked if you just hated it.

guile,
i heard it was a bit confusing, it didn't help they dubbed it.  still though, i wanna see the masturbation scene again. 
nothing turns me on more than watching a girl play with herself.  its my most requested sexual favor from any girl i've ever dated....well outside of blowjobs, thats automatic.   

leadpencil,
hell yeah!  i was all like, "aww shit, this dudes getting head", then he tossed the frickin head out his truck....WTF!
i loved how the killer kicked the dudes head through the banisters then chops his head off using a frickin dresser!
considering those 2 scenes were in the first 15 minutes, i can only assume it gets gnarlier as it goes on.
i really gotta watch the rest of this movie.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #893 on: January 14, 2009, 08:55:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
high tension.
[close]

[close]

[close]

guile,
i heard it was a bit confusing, it didn't help they dubbed it.  still though, i wanna see the masturbation scene again. 
nothing turns me on more than watching a girl play with herself.  its my most requested sexual favor from any girl i've ever dated....well outside of blowjobs, thats automatic.   

leadpencil,
hell yeah!  i was all like, "aww shit, this dudes getting head", then he tossed the frickin head out his truck....WTF!
i loved how the killer kicked the dudes head through the banisters then chops his head off using a frickin dresser!
considering those 2 scenes were in the first 15 minutes, i can only assume it gets gnarlier as it goes on.
i really gotta watch the rest of this movie.

yeahman, high tension is pretty gnarly.  The french have been making some pretty gruesome horror movies as of late.  I saw this one a few months ago, and some scenes in it I'm pretty sure will never leave my head:

When I heard that they were remaking "last house on the left" It made we want to watch the original.  Damn it was so disturbing.

Alexander

• Rep: 6
« Reply #894 on: January 14, 2009, 04:59:18 PM »
Recently saw the Curious Case of Benjamin Button, mad good movie, make it to the movie theater and see it if you haven’t, shit is well worth it.

poocrusher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 329
« Reply #895 on: January 15, 2009, 05:00:41 PM »
Murder Party:  Best Indie slasher flick made in a while..it was made by a bunch of childhood friends.

Attack Girls Swim Team vs. the Undead:  The gore and Zombies suck, but the T&A is awesome.  There is a great lez scene by two sisters.

Slime City:  The end gore scene is awesome...

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #896 on: January 16, 2009, 12:45:46 PM »
Has anybody seen Synecdoche, New York yet?  I've heard it's pretty crazy.

really, really good. i think the less you know about it, the better it will be. I saw it twice so far and i rarely go see movies in the cinema. I heard it comes out on dvd on march 10th, cant wait

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
« Reply #897 on: January 16, 2009, 12:52:32 PM »
Saw it a couple of months ago. It's a pretty heavy film, multi-layered and surreal. Some funny bits as well. I'd recommend, just be warned, it's not easy on the gray cells.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

frisco

« Reply #898 on: January 18, 2009, 12:21:51 PM »

CeeyMar

« Reply #899 on: January 18, 2009, 12:28:14 PM »
Pulp Fiction.