Author Topic: jason dill appreciation  (Read 23640 times)

brent

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: jason dill appreciation
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2008, 02:54:31 PM »
seriously, you find the dumbest shit to pick apart and talk shit about. give it a rest.
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

killing time

• Rep: 19
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2008, 03:02:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
His other parts aren't so bad, but his Mosaic part is the most trite, contrived piece of shit I have ever seen.
Everybody thought the line in Photo where he gets off the board is sick, so in Mosaic he just does these bullshit "lines" where he stops, gets off the board, and turns around, and does all sorts of other stupid shit that ruins the flow of the line. Where I am from, if you get off the board, stop, turn around, make a sandwich, and eat it before continuing the line, the fucking line is over.
Also, that part where they acted like he was such a wild world traveler for going to the most overexposed skate city outside of southern California just annoyed me. Wow Dill! You got to go to barcelona? Whats it like over there? Do they even have skatespots?
His whole "creative" crap is just some hipster "I'm an artist" bullshit if you ask me.
[close]

last time i checked skateboarding never had any writen rules...  if people are into his stuff, then they are.  the whole community isnt where your from.  so the fuck what if he went to barcelona.  at least he didnt do some skydiver trick down macba 4.  instead he got a bangin line with the most potent nollie backside heel flip. 
[close]
I don't give a shit about the whole community. I think it sucked, and was some contrived bullshit attempt to be creative while simultaneously only skating ledges and flatground at blown out spots.
And "so the fuck what if he went to Barcelona?" Exactly, only a lame motherfucker like Dill would act like that matters.
I like his other parts, and he has some damn good pop, but Mosaic was one of the cheesiest attempts at art ever.

so you dont give a fuck about the whole community, yet you voice your opinion like everyone should know... and what do you mean "only a lame motherfucker like dill would act like it matters"?  i dont think it did matter to him, it looked like he was just skating. how would you even know what he thinks? are you him?  no your a lurker on a forum that talks shit for the sake of hating.  get the fucc on cowboy
Do you want to put a saddle on the lion of Juddah and ride it back to babylon?

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2008, 03:14:37 PM »
i see what you're saying but you can't categorize every new york skater as a hipster. thats more of a Manhattan thing. but brooklyn is a different story.

??? ???

have you been to brooklyn recently?  the first five or so stops on the L are the hipster capital of the world.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2008, 03:18:11 PM »
Expand Quote
i see what you're saying but you can't categorize every new york skater as a hipster. thats more of a Manhattan thing. but brooklyn is a different story.
[close]

??? ???

have you been to brooklyn recently?  the first five or so stops on the L are the hipster capital of the world.
No he hasn't, he's 13, white, uses the n word and is on restriction until his Mommy sees fit otherwise.

god damnit

• Rep: 3
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2008, 03:27:48 PM »

mbcls

• Rep: -3
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2008, 03:48:52 PM »
one of my true favorites. looking forward to mind field

alienlurkshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2008, 04:05:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Dill is an idiot now. Every skateboarder that moves to new york turns into a fucking clown and quits skateboarding/becomes less good.
[close]
are you stupid? zered bassett, gonz, cairo, hassler and most of the fiveboro team aren't slacking or anything

hassler is slacking.
cairo doesnt live in new york
zered gets shit done.

new york has a lot of distractions, but the skating is the best.
theres so much do do all the time, that its easy to forget how good the skating is
RIP Van

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2008, 05:33:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
His other parts aren't so bad, but his Mosaic part is the most trite, contrived piece of shit I have ever seen.
Everybody thought the line in Photo where he gets off the board is sick, so in Mosaic he just does these bullshit "lines" where he stops, gets off the board, and turns around, and does all sorts of other stupid shit that ruins the flow of the line. Where I am from, if you get off the board, stop, turn around, make a sandwich, and eat it before continuing the line, the fucking line is over.
Also, that part where they acted like he was such a wild world traveler for going to the most overexposed skate city outside of southern California just annoyed me. Wow Dill! You got to go to barcelona? Whats it like over there? Do they even have skatespots?
His whole "creative" crap is just some hipster "I'm an artist" bullshit if you ask me.
[close]

last time i checked skateboarding never had any writen rules...  if people are into his stuff, then they are.  the whole community isnt where your from.  so the fuck what if he went to barcelona.  at least he didnt do some skydiver trick down macba 4.  instead he got a bangin line with the most potent nollie backside heel flip. 
[close]
I don't give a shit about the whole community. I think it sucked, and was some contrived bullshit attempt to be creative while simultaneously only skating ledges and flatground at blown out spots.
And "so the fuck what if he went to Barcelona?" Exactly, only a lame motherfucker like Dill would act like that matters.
I like his other parts, and he has some damn good pop, but Mosaic was one of the cheesiest attempts at art ever.
[close]

so you dont give a fuck about the whole community, yet you voice your opinion like everyone should know... and what do you mean "only a lame motherfucker like dill would act like it matters"?  i dont think it did matter to him, it looked like he was just skating. how would you even know what he thinks? are you him?  no your a lurker on a forum that talks shit for the sake of hating.  get the fucc on cowboy
My point is that even if "the whole community" thinks something doesn't mean I have to. My opinion is that Dill's mosaic part was hipster bullshit, and a cheap attempt to imitate and profit off of something which people had earlier complimented. Also, watch mosaic again, they do this whole thing about how he flew to barcelona and show what times he left New york and got to Barcelona like it is some sort of big deal, then the whole second part is in Barcelona. Maybe Dill didn't care, but somebody did enough to edit that in, and its cheesy, but I think Dill cared.

Brent, you often jump up just to talk shit on me. You also started a "I hate women" thread in whatever. You are a classic sexually frustrated loser trying to take out the anger that nobody will touch him on somebody else. Maybe you think by putting others down it will make you less unattractive to the opposite sex, or that it will make you feel a little less lame. Its really sad and pathetic. REALLY pathetic.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2008, 05:41:27 PM »
The best Dill article was the one in Big Brother when he was pretty young.  I think he was sitting on a low roof talking about how Ed Templeton told him that all the best skater have second toes that are longer than their big toes. 

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2008, 05:44:33 PM »
did you even read my first post in that thread? was it not clear that it was a parody of the other " I hate" threads? i mean c'mon. but thanks for diagnosing me, doctor!
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

sergioflorez

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2008, 05:45:15 PM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=V6EkJYfyFy4

random hero - day in the life of jason dill. embedding disabled so double click and view on utube.

lakai!

• Rep: -94
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2008, 05:48:45 PM »
stefan i skate over in new york city all the fucking time. im not restricted to long island. some of the locals that i know take us to new york to skate and my cousin lives in BK so we skate there alot and my hbuad the bedford area is  fucking hipster capital but the skaters over there not really. you're really only thinking about non-skaters/manhattan skaters

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2008, 06:03:23 PM »
did you even read my first post in that thread? was it not clear that it was a parody of the other " I hate" threads? i mean c'mon. but thanks for diagnosing me, doctor!
First thing you though to hate were the ladies though eh?
Tell me about your mother.

lakai!

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2008, 06:21:23 PM »
and cairo lived here for a bit in 06. i think his daughter was born here. he moved to where he is (san jose? san fran?) sometime in 07

Edward Sebastian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • This is what we live for.
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2008, 07:46:48 PM »

brooklyn? you mean the borough that contains williamsburg? just sayin.

dill on his trick stick=awesome
dill off his board=dumbass

he skates rad, but it's 1000% guaranteed that this guy will be eating out of garbage cans in 2 years
"RIP to myself one day" - JR Blastoff

lakai!

« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2008, 07:50:54 PM »
alot of hipsters in williamsburg and the bedford area when you come out the L train but look at pops he lives in williamsburg and he aint a hipster

Edward Sebastian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • This is what we live for.
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2008, 07:54:06 PM »
alot of hipsters in williamsburg and the bedford area when you come out the L train but look at pops he lives in williamsburg and he aint a hipster

from what i understood "hipster" to mean (which, let's face it, is used to describe basically anybody that doesn't wear roca-ecko-wear these days) he is.
"RIP to myself one day" - JR Blastoff

Stutter box

• Rep: -16
  • It's On!
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2008, 07:59:12 PM »
I met dill at Stratosphere in Atlanta when they were touring Mosaic. He still had the long curls, fedora, and dvs slippers back then. He didnt talk much, but when he did it was all good and nothing negative. Thats always stood out about him to me.
Thanks for rolling

biggums mcgee

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2008, 08:09:18 PM »
beddy is a shitty area...you guys notice the hipsters more than the g'd out punks who wanna start shit with you???

brooklyn's one of the best spots to skate on the east coast, if you're willing to risk checking the entire area out...most pros who live in NY don't...but CODA's got it covered!

gipper man you really need to stop with the personal attacks my man. and mosaic a poor attempt at art? I can't believe you're knocking one of the top 10 videos of this present decade!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2008, 09:50:31 PM »
I love the video as a whole. Just that part.

SR Junky

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2008, 09:53:06 PM »
shut up gipper. you idiot.

biggums mcgee

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2008, 09:58:09 PM »
shut up gipper. you idiot.

uh oh, big mistake!

who cares

• Rep: 14
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2008, 10:14:23 PM »
Am I the only one who agrees with the Gipper?

I think Dill's great, and I liked the skating in the part,

but man is that middle part with the flight info stupid. We don't need Dill's part to have some wacky angle or gimmick, just the skating will do. It seemed like they were trying to outdo his walking down the stairs line in the unconventional-thing-in-a-skate-part sense and it didn't really work.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 10:17:08 PM by who cares »

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2008, 10:23:27 PM »
am i tripping or was there a version of mosaic without the flight info?  i remember when i first saw it there was no flight info and i think a couple songs were different.

killing time

• Rep: 19
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2008, 10:26:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
My point is that even if "the whole community" thinks something doesn't mean I have to. My opinion is that Dill's mosaic part was hipster bullshit, and a cheap attempt to imitate and profit off of something which people had earlier complimented. Also, watch mosaic again, they do this whole thing about how he flew to barcelona and show what times he left New york and got to Barcelona like it is some sort of big deal, then the whole second part is in Barcelona. Maybe Dill didn't care, but somebody did enough to edit that in, and its cheesy, but I think Dill cared.

Brent, you often jump up just to talk shit on me. You also started a "I hate women" thread in whatever. You are a classic sexually frustrated loser trying to take out the anger that nobody will touch him on somebody else. Maybe you think by putting others down it will make you less unattractive to the opposite sex, or that it will make you feel a little less lame. Its really sad and pathetic. REALLY pathetic.

im pretty sure that last line at that spot was in downtown LA.  yeah i guess you can call it a peice of art, but who really cares?  did it taint the level of skating?  im over this, and im over you gipper.  you could find somthing to talk shit on dudes that dont push mongo.
Do you want to put a saddle on the lion of Juddah and ride it back to babylon?

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2008, 10:37:31 PM »
am i tripping or was there a version of mosaic without the flight info?  i remember when i first saw it there was no flight info and i think a couple songs were different.

yeah. there's two versions: the "premiere" version and the dvd version.

I prefer the premiere version of mosaic. Getz skated to the LOVE song that d. castillo and pudwill skate to in "skate more." It was epic.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2008, 10:54:23 PM »
childoftheghetto goes against everything the slap pals believe in

bothersome

« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2008, 10:57:56 PM »
Everything dill has put out is gold to me.
I really liked his mosaic part, some amazing lines were put together.
I can see why some dislike that part but thats why i appreciate it. 

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2008, 11:44:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I prefer the premiere version of mosaic. Getz skated to the LOVE song that d. castillo and pudwill skate to in "skate more." It was epic.

Not to mention a full, sick, Ted Degros part. That dude is amazing.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2008, 12:00:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Not to mention a full, sick, Ted Degros part. That dude is amazing.

ohhhhhh yeeeeeah! I remember watching the DVD for the first time and thinking "what the fuck? Didn't he have more footage?"