Author Topic: the photography thread.  (Read 714925 times)

feedmeseymour

Re: the photography thread.
« Reply #6630 on: July 26, 2018, 08:48:20 AM »
shot this months ago. hyped on the lighting and how that red shirt makes him pop out. thought id share with you guys.
(Damn tinypic ruins photos)

(shot with my fujifilmx100f, not practical to shoot action with a range finder but i love that camera)

Silky Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #6631 on: July 26, 2018, 06:27:44 PM »
Well done man

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #6632 on: July 27, 2018, 06:33:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Ayo, for dudes on here who know more about photography than me I've got some curious questions. First let's start with some styles. I'm a pretty big fan of these people's photos:

The latter has tutorials and such so I think I understand how they edit along with what they're looking for better. For the former, what's she doing exactly? I get that she's post processing the hell out of it but as to aperture, ISO, shutter speed, etc... Can you guys spot a trend? And also what would you guess she's doing when she edits them?
[close]

idk what youre really asking here, but it seems like marilyn just messes with split toning, just adding a hue/color to either the bright parts of the photos or the darks.. probably just slides it over to purple/blue and gets that overall tone.

easily done in lightroom if you have it...

Yeah, that's basically what I was asking. I've been playing around with photos and use those settings - Noealz usually adjusts those for all of his as well. I'm never able to get mine to turn out all too similar to either but maybe it just takes practice. I have had photos turn out pretty sick though just not consistently.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #6633 on: July 27, 2018, 06:50:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ayo, for dudes on here who know more about photography than me I've got some curious questions. First let's start with some styles. I'm a pretty big fan of these people's photos:

The latter has tutorials and such so I think I understand how they edit along with what they're looking for better. For the former, what's she doing exactly? I get that she's post processing the hell out of it but as to aperture, ISO, shutter speed, etc... Can you guys spot a trend? And also what would you guess she's doing when she edits them?
[close]

idk what youre really asking here, but it seems like marilyn just messes with split toning, just adding a hue/color to either the bright parts of the photos or the darks.. probably just slides it over to purple/blue and gets that overall tone.

easily done in lightroom if you have it...

[close]

Yeah, that's basically what I was asking. I've been playing around with photos and use those settings - Noealz usually adjusts those for all of his as well. I'm never able to get mine to turn out all too similar to either but maybe it just takes practice. I have had photos turn out pretty sick though just not consistently.

yeah its alittle tricky to do it well and not have it look over edited, subtle tones and maybe overlay different tones on different parts of the photo so its not just a bland tone change over the whole photo.

i might try to shoot some night shots this weekend and copy it just for practice, thanks for posting that stuff.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6634 on: July 27, 2018, 12:59:03 PM »

I bought one of those 645 cameras that shoots portrait/vertical orientation by default and it appears to have poisoned my brain regardless of the camera i'm shooting.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6635 on: July 31, 2018, 03:42:33 PM »
i know this is been asked before, but what are you all shooting with?
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #6636 on: July 31, 2018, 03:47:43 PM »
Film wise: lomography toy cameras and a canon t70 with a 50mm 1.4
 I had a Nikon for digital stuff but sold it, been fucking with the manual settings on my phone so thats as close as I get now haha

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6637 on: July 31, 2018, 05:11:26 PM »

feedmeseymour

« Reply #6638 on: July 31, 2018, 06:02:05 PM »

Canon 60d and fuji x100f

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6639 on: July 31, 2018, 06:33:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Canon 60d and fuji x100f
I've been considering that fuji...any bad things about it because all I hear/see if good stuff

feedmeseymour

« Reply #6640 on: July 31, 2018, 07:35:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Canon 60d and fuji x100f
[close]
I've been considering that fuji...any bad things about it because all I hear/see if good stuff

Best camera I’ve ever owned, downfalls are no interchangeable lenses but they do make like pop on lens attachments, and if you shoot with flashes and pocket wizards, it’s hard to turn the dials on top when you have the wizard in the hotshot plate.

If you got the money, I highly recommend it. Feels and looks like a 35mm rangefinder, and has some cool film preset filters or whatever they’re called
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 07:37:57 PM by feedmeseymour »

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6641 on: August 01, 2018, 06:45:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Canon 60d and fuji x100f
[close]
[close]

Best camera I’ve ever owned, downfalls are no interchangeable lenses but they do make like pop on lens attachments, and if you shoot with flashes and pocket wizards, it’s hard to turn the dials on top when you have the wizard in the hotshot plate.

If you got the money, I highly recommend it. Feels and looks like a 35mm rangefinder, and has some cool film preset filters or whatever they’re called
Yea they're a lil over a grand,but I'm pretty sure I'll be getting one soon. Cheaper than a Leica haha

feedmeseymour

« Reply #6642 on: August 01, 2018, 07:33:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Canon 60d and fuji x100f
[close]
[close]

[close]
Yea they're a lil over a grand,but I'm pretty sure I'll be getting one soon. Cheaper than a Leica haha

exactly why i bought it, wanted a leica but this thing is so good i dont crave another camera. plus having a mirrorless shutter is sweet for skating, you can sync your flashes to whatever speed and not worry about it unlike shooting with a dslr.

Nate

• Rep: 41
« Reply #6643 on: August 02, 2018, 02:08:20 AM »
Been on the lookout for a point and shoot film camera I can feel comfortable enough to skate with but still get decent shots with.  Anyone have any recommendations?  Right now I have a F3 and that is a tank to take with you everyday.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6644 on: August 02, 2018, 04:09:28 AM »
Been on the lookout for a point and shoot film camera I can feel comfortable enough to skate with but still get decent shots with.  Anyone have any recommendations?  Right now I have a F3 and that is a tank to take with you everyday.
Leica minilux
Contax t3
Ricoh GR1v
Thrift store point n shoots (I got a really good Canon for $2 that shoots decent)
Most of them are like carrying a bar of soap in your pocket unless you get a wrist strap.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #6645 on: August 02, 2018, 06:46:39 AM »
Maybe like one of the Konica Big Mini’s or Olympus Trip. Pretty compact and affordable and you’ll get awesome results - especially the Konica.

tumulishoomaroom

• Rep: 47
« Reply #6646 on: August 02, 2018, 12:41:47 PM »
My skate photos are few and far between, but I really like how this one turned out. It also helps that it's a super sick trick :

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl-ykNuAjZK/
Japhey Dow - Sw Backside Tailslide the whole thing, as seen in : https://vimeo.com/282588244

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #6647 on: August 06, 2018, 12:53:58 PM »
anyone in here have a nikon l35af they are willing to part with?
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

hmmmokay

« Reply #6648 on: August 06, 2018, 01:44:41 PM »
anyone in here have a nikon l35af they are willing to part with?

theres a some floating around on ebay but like a lot of fun cameras seem a bit overpriced. I shot the Canon equivalent (Canon AF35M) for the past couple years and loved it, sadly it's now a paperweight; if you're looking for something just to casually shoot around with, you could probably find one for pretty cheap, as an alternative to Nikon. The thing is a brick and very loud but it was a lot of fun.

Canon AF35M: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-AF35M-35mm-Point-Shoot-Film-Camera-38mm-f2-8-Sure-Shot-Autoboy-Untested/163169714336?hash=item25fdac40a0%3Ag%3AMHAAAOSwwY9bWpEG&_sacat=0&_nkw=canon+af35m&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0%7C0

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6649 on: August 06, 2018, 10:59:34 PM »
Went to Washington this past weekend and hiked to Colchuck Lake. Had my 10 stop ND filter. Squarespace uploads my photos as shit but the lake is pretty damn smooth.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

rickynorse

• Rep: 7
« Reply #6650 on: August 07, 2018, 03:05:25 AM »
^ Those are sick dude, nice job.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #6651 on: August 07, 2018, 03:56:32 AM »
Yeah those are sick Fongstarr. I love the blue/green hues in the pictures!

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6652 on: August 07, 2018, 09:33:58 AM »
Thanks guys! Appreciate the props.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

HHH

• Rep: -4
« Reply #6653 on: August 14, 2018, 05:29:47 AM »
How do you respond to different reactions from people that you try to shoot in the streets? Are you more assertive and say something like "Cmon you look amazing" or more passive like "oh i wasnt making a photo of you". Was shooting a lot yesterday so im curious about how others respond in these situations...

feedmeseymour

« Reply #6654 on: August 14, 2018, 06:35:21 AM »
How do you respond to different reactions from people that you try to shoot in the streets? Are you more assertive and say something like "Cmon you look amazing" or more passive like "oh i wasnt making a photo of you". Was shooting a lot yesterday so im curious about how others respond in these situations...

honestly you could either just chat them up and have a big smile on your face while being complimentary, or you could just shoot the photo and not give a fuck... times are different now, everyone has their phones out taking photos and video so its kinda more normal now more than ever.

could always do the nah i was taking a photo of something behind you, works every time. just dont do what this guy does, his technique irks me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkIWW6vwrvM

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #6655 on: August 23, 2018, 05:45:31 AM »
Been meaning to drop these here for a while.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 05:50:06 AM by sexualhelon »

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #6656 on: August 23, 2018, 09:40:50 AM »
Anyone have a good source for old Olympus parts?

I need a new rewind knob assembly for my 35RC which I dropped and the fucking thing broke off.

Thanks to that idiot Ken Rockwell people pay a lot of money even for the broken ones now so I'd really rather not spend over $60 just to rip the piece I need off of a donor camera...

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #6657 on: August 23, 2018, 11:20:56 AM »
Dang Sexualhelon, those are fucking awesome. I'm a big fan of photos with that sort of "vibe".
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6658 on: August 23, 2018, 12:47:23 PM »
Anyone have a good source for old Olympus parts?

I need a new rewind knob assembly for my 35RC which I dropped and the fucking thing broke off.

Thanks to that idiot Ken Rockwell people pay a lot of money even for the broken ones now so I'd really rather not spend over $60 just to rip the piece I need off of a donor camera...
Don't know your location but these guys fix a lot of older cameras
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmyamXYAvA4/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1dhpg2v2j06lt

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #6659 on: August 23, 2018, 01:29:39 PM »
thanks, I sent 'em an email!