8 (29.6%)
Nintendo DS
11 (40.7%)
Don't get one
6 (22.2%)
iPod Touch?
2 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: PSP or DS?  (Read 8030 times)

wake and bacon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: PSP or DS?
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2008, 01:22:19 PM »
DS hands down, much more fun games (IMO), can also run movies, web browser, and emulators (with some... "easy"... modding). i had one when it launched, but sold it because i never really went on any more long trips and it was collecting dust. now there is tons of amazing games for it and i wish i still had it sometimes.

PSP is dope but the games really sell the DS for me.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 01:27:45 PM by wake and bacon »
:) I must have been tripping last night

frisco

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2008, 02:04:13 PM »
DS is definitely the sickest.  Much better games for it, and all you have to do is buy the system, and an R4 flash card, and you never have to buy a single game, just download them.  Check craigslist for DS's, in my area you can score one for 80 - 100, I got mine for a 100 (and it's a DS lite too!)  Just don't bother getting an OG DS, they're so bad compared to the DS lite, the screen difference is really worth bragging about.

Don't miss out on the Phoenix Wright games.

sounds good, maybe you can hook up some more info later about downloading the games to the flash card and playing them, but sounds like DS is the one to go for.

Im gonna start out by buying 1 game, any suggestions?

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2008, 02:16:25 PM »
yeah I guess if you have an ipod, you don't need a psp, sometimes it's nice just to have everything in one item, instead of carry'n around a bunch of stuff. 

My psp was only $210, and most games are only 20 bucks.  I'm sure LocoRoco is just as much fun as any DS game.

I'm pushing hard for the psp, but i've never played DS.....so maybe just get the DS.    Also I don't think you can MOD the new psp's as easily as the old ones.  And again, the browser is shit.  Dammit, now i'm pushing the DS. 

cahl

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2008, 03:51:55 PM »
ds

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2008, 06:38:40 PM »

frisco

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2008, 07:14:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
DS is definitely the sickest.  Much better games for it, and all you have to do is buy the system, and an R4 flash card, and you never have to buy a single game, just download them.  Check craigslist for DS's, in my area you can score one for 80 - 100, I got mine for a 100 (and it's a DS lite too!)  Just don't bother getting an OG DS, they're so bad compared to the DS lite, the screen difference is really worth bragging about.

[close]

sounds good, maybe you can hook up some more info later about downloading the games to the flash card and playing them, but sounds like DS is the one to go for.

[close]

Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin. 

As for putting games on, you just get them off torrent sites, and drag and drop them onto the card itself.  Super easy.  Just PM me if you need help or whatever, I'd be happy to help you out.

cool thanks dude, im 100% on the DS now, reading online about how easy modding is and getting free games im definately getting this, basically i expect what i would pay for the psp and say 2 games and i could get the ds and about 5 or 6 games, but im only gonna buy 1, maybe 2, then torrent the rest

anyone play phantom hourglass, call of duty, mario kart or NEw super mario brothers, im usually no to down for slower rpg strategy type games, im down for the cartoony fun type games, i remember i played wario world or whatever on my friends ds and it was really fun

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2008, 07:27:19 PM »
call me a fanboy but i would go with the ds......just something about mario and zelda that will always be fun.....plus a new contra game and you cant go wrong
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1890
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2008, 07:31:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin. 

As for putting games on, you just get them off torrent sites, and drag and drop them onto the card itself.  Super easy.  Just PM me if you need help or whatever, I'd be happy to help you out.
[close]

cool thanks dude, im 100% on the DS now, reading online about how easy modding is and getting free games im definately getting this, basically i expect what i would pay for the psp and say 2 games and i could get the ds and about 5 or 6 games, but im only gonna buy 1, maybe 2, then torrent the rest

anyone play phantom hourglass, call of duty, mario kart or NEw super mario brothers, im usually no to down for slower rpg strategy type games, im down for the cartoony fun type games, i remember i played wario world or whatever on my friends ds and it was really fun

wario ware was really fun, but its old...  my personal favorite was elite beat agents.... its on of those "tap the screens in sequence of the song" games. it might not sound like fun but it is....  addictive and the songs they use will have you laughing for days....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruhEGtL48EI&feature=related

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2008, 07:37:14 PM »
ds by far. and yea just torrent every game, easiest system to mod ever, as that guy who hates HDDVD on here once said. and yea zelda was pretty fun if i remember right, also brain age. but once its modded you might as well try every other game that comes out. LIKE BAKING PIZZAS WITH MAMA!
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Raw!!!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 60
  • ackrite
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2008, 10:18:01 PM »
contra 4? yeah, that is super hard. professor layton is good if you like puzzle games.
I play professor layton on my brother ds all the time, so fun.

frisco

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2008, 08:38:43 AM »
K sorry to bring this back again, Ive narrowed down my game choices just for the first 2 I buy, wanted to get some feedback from those who have played them or own them

Ill only be buying 2 of these games, just not sure which ones yet
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
New Super Mario Bros.
Mario Kart DS
Metroid Prime: Hunter
Kirby Squeak Squad
Super Mario 64 DS
Mario Party DS
Contra 4
Ninja Gaiden

I re read the thread and appreciate the other suggestions, ive just never been into strategy games all that much

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2008, 08:40:55 AM »
i'd get new super mario bros and ninja gaiden or contra 4

i just got crosswords ds and its really good too

Peter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2008, 12:26:59 PM »
You didn't get it yet? I went to EB yesterday and that trade in 5 deal was over, I was bummed.

frisco

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2008, 12:39:10 PM »
You didn't get it yet? I went to EB yesterday and that trade in 5 deal was over, I was bummed.

damn. problem was all my games are in vancouver and im in toronto until august, also i got a gift certificate from my rad uncle so im gonna put it all towards the DS, dont know how much is on the card though, im expecting to pay the price of the DS but get two games out of the gift card, 1 at the least

fuckingvegan

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2008, 12:42:27 PM »
I got Ninja Gaiden, so far it is super fun!

ahl33

« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2008, 04:07:15 PM »
DS has much better games

baxty

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2008, 01:47:55 PM »
The problem with getting one of those memory cards and getting games off the internet is, don't you need a PC? I only have Macs at my house.

Anyone played the Animal Crossing game?

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2008, 10:47:13 AM »
All you need is a card reader.

faceneck

• Rep: 12
  • blastin
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2008, 11:39:48 AM »
I love my DS. I would bring that shit to school and play pokemon all day. Sure i looked like a loser, but evolving my pokemon seemed a lot more important than cosine.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2008, 09:22:20 AM »
a moded psp is probably worth about 50 r4 cards.

i would say save up, get both, mod em, dowload all your games etc and just let time decided which one has the better titles for you.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.