Author Topic: Summer thread!  (Read 1955 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Summer thread!
« on: June 12, 2008, 02:45:38 PM »

Fuck yeah! Last day today, now 3 months to fucking skate! Made it through my first year as a real teacher!
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
Re: Summer thread!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 02:49:56 PM »
Teachers and students still get a full 3 months off?

cahl

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 03:52:40 PM »
whats it like being a teacher

toonie

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 04:18:36 PM »
ten days of classes left then i am in the same boat, the rest of june, then just july left in saskatchewan. all august and september to skate in b.c.

i'll still have to deal with my government loans, moving and what not but at least i'm not waking up at 7:30 every morning after this.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 04:44:23 PM »
Fun, but stressful as fuck. Its a really rewarding job, but if it weren't for summer, I couldn't pull it.
I think I'm going to go back to school next year to get my masters instead of teaching again, but I can't wait to get back to indoctrinating opening up kids' eyes.
    The best part was my war with the ROTC "teacher" (he's actually just an army recruiter without a teaching degree who legally must be allowed to teach this class because of something with school funding). He flipped out when I told my/his students that army recruiters are not paid to tell you the truth about the war, they are there to get you to fight in it. Lying isn't a problem for them, because it produces results.  I told them that my job was to teach them, and that in the end I didn't need them to fight for me, but was teaching them this because I was sick of the exploitation of the poor that goes on in war recruiting. A kid asked hiim if it was true and he got mad at me. From there it just got silly.

frisco

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 04:47:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Fun, but stressful as fuck. Its a really rewarding job, but if it weren't for summer, I couldn't pull it.
I think I'm going to go back to school next year to get my masters instead of teaching again, but I can't wait to get back to indoctrinating opening up kids' eyes.
    The best part was my war with the ROTC "teacher" (he's actually just an army recruiter without a teaching degree who legally must be allowed to teach this class because of something with school funding). He flipped out when I told my/his students that army recruiters are not paid to tell you the truth about the war, they are there to get you to fight in it. Lying isn't a problem for them, because it produces results.  I told them that my job was to teach them, and that in the end I didn't need them to fight for me, but was teaching them this because I was sick of the exploitation of the poor that goes on in war recruiting. A kid asked hiim if it was true and he got mad at me. From there it just got silly.

i would be so stoked if my teacher were a slap pal, imagine if one of them were on slap, youd give them a bad grade, and theyd kook you

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 04:50:34 PM »
where in bc toonie
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

erik.

• Rep: 14
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 05:00:38 PM »
Last exam was today, so I am officially done. And it's finally stopped raining for the most part, so I can get my skate on again.

loophole

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 05:25:57 PM »
slap's summer assignment: film.  pm me for an upload password

skatemore,man

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 09:55:24 PM »
do you teach history, dude?

the 2 most influential teachers i'd ever had were those of history. 7th grade world history teacher told me that rock n roll was God and that i should skateboard in front of the school. 11th grade AP history teacher was a spikey haired lesbian who played guthrie on her guitar every morning, she convinced me to go to college. good deal man!

paulo from vicwest

• Rep: 0
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 10:20:44 PM »
Im just fucking hyped its summer, nothing but wind lately but today was perfect...more of this would be sick
skate more flat

Joshewwz

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 10:21:54 PM »
I dont care about the summer... I still work from 7am-5pm.
Just now I make ALOT more money cause people need car work before they gas up the Armada and go on a road trip...

Evil Kraken from the Arctic Sea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Hi SlapPal!
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 11:05:50 PM »
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
last exam yesterday, I know I failed, but it doesn't really matter. I can repeat it in septembre right before regular uni starts. And I would have had to learn that shit properly anyways. YAAAYYYYYYY yesterday I went to the Euro08 fanzone for the first time and there were drunk croatians all over the streets, police groups of 6 every 30 metres. Today I'll go to a swiss music festival where only swiss B-class loserbands play, but it looks like he won VIP tickets plus a High definition sony cam and a meet and greet with the worst swiss band ever, so we're gonna go there, grab the camera, take advantage of our vipstatus-get drunk, and then go meet the band and film us asking them why their music is so fucking shitty. It's gonna be the appropriate launch of SUMMER SEASON!
I'll go frontside on some tranny for you.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 11:22:47 PM »
do you teach history, dude?

the 2 most influential teachers i'd ever had were those of history. 7th grade world history teacher told me that rock n roll was God and that i should skateboard in front of the school. 11th grade AP history teacher was a spikey haired lesbian who played guthrie on her guitar every morning, she convinced me to go to college. good deal man!
Yeah. U.S.

Say Hi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 04:26:38 AM »
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
last exam yesterday, I know I failed, but it doesn't really matter. I can repeat it in septembre right before regular uni starts. And I would have had to learn that shit properly anyways. YAAAYYYYYYY yesterday I went to the Euro08 fanzone for the first time and there were drunk croatians all over the streets, police groups of 6 every 30 metres. Today I'll go to a swiss music festival where only swiss B-class loserbands play, but it looks like he won VIP tickets plus a High definition sony cam and a meet and greet with the worst swiss band ever, so we're gonna go there, grab the camera, take advantage of our vipstatus-get drunk, and then go meet the band and film us asking them why their music is so fucking shitty. It's gonna be the appropriate launch of SUMMER SEASON!

DEUTSCHLAND AUF WIEDERSEHEN!

;)

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 07:14:18 AM »
right now in couver we got what they call junuary.....

frisco

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 07:20:57 AM »

do you mean vancouver? do you live there?

Summer was "summer" for me in May, I had the laziest, most drunk and faded month of my life, I would sit around all day and smoke weed and play ps3, drink and go fishing. now its 9-5 for the rest of summer with no weed or ps3, weak, it was fun while it lasted.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 07:23:02 AM »
"schools out forEVA" -christian hosoi's dad in that documentary
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 07:24:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

do you mean vancouver? do you live there?

Summer was "summer" for me in May, I had the laziest, most drunk and faded month of my life, I would sit around all day and smoke weed and play ps3, drink and go fishing. now its 9-5 for the rest of summer with no weed or ps3, weak, it was fun while it lasted.

of course i live there....barely....

dtrigiani

• Rep: 26
  • captain
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 10:52:28 PM »
I just finished my last regular day of high school today. Relig. exam monday, Calc + vectors tuesday, chem wednesday, then I'm done.

I'd like to get a job so I can have a bit more money before I go away to uni in September. Working once or twice a week would be great.