Author Topic: Has anyone noticed lately  (Read 1697 times)

TheFrontSeatLife

Has anyone noticed lately
« on: June 12, 2008, 10:33:28 PM »
That Vans, quaity wise, totally suck. I'm not skating more than I used to but my Vans are lasting only like, a month while they were lasting me close to two back a couple years ago. It's bullshit. I'm buying a pair of these bad boys to make the transition from Vans to other companies.

vicky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • brofessional
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Has anyone noticed lately
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 04:58:01 AM »
i actually have noticed it but i thought it was just me. even my vans i dont skate in havent been lasting long.
we could get matching halter tops and do kickturns over the dick at fdr, people wouldn't know what to do. I would be a c cup massacre.

Mackattack

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 05:02:30 AM »
got my vans on, but they look like sneakers?

phillip dominguez

• Rep: 15
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 05:04:51 AM »
yeah i just got a pair of rowleys to skate in and they were pretty fucked after one session.  quality does seem like its gone down hill

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 05:07:55 AM »
No complaints about the Half Cab pros... I have two pairs that I've done a lot of skating in, and the only real damage to them is the sole, which is to be expected with vulcs. No toes hanging out or anything like that.

phillip dominguez

• Rep: 15
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 05:13:06 AM »
i've got a pair of those and they feel good but the sole was coming apart after just walking around in them for 2 days, maybe i've just had 2 bunk pairs of vans who knows.

TheFrontSeatLife

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 05:14:58 AM »
It's really annoying because they're the only shoes I really like to skate and wear in general but I can't buy a new pair of shoes that often. Maybe all the companies making what are essentially copies of classic Vans are just making improvements on a product that's become shoddy. They're biting too but still...

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 05:37:13 AM »
well guys, theyre vans. half cabs cash out real quicl for me, half cab pro's are pretty good though. i've been skating regular skate mids, theyre like slippers. i actually just picked up my first pair of tnt's... and if you want good vans to skate in, those are the ones.

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 06:11:13 AM »
tnt 2s and half cabs havent let me down at all over this past year and half. 

beeda weeda

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 06:31:28 AM »
I have some rowley squares and they are gettin' pretty busted, but they were cheap, and skate really nice

crapface

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 06:52:09 AM »
I have had Tnt2's for almost couple of months now and they are still totally skateable. Really good shoes all in all.

RRRRRAD

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 08:59:48 PM »
dont care i will always buy vans  :P

ProjectPatrick

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 09:05:30 PM »
So... You think that Vans has quality issues so you're buying some shoes from Lakai, the company with the most quality complaints on here?

gravel pitch

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 09:20:27 PM »
I'm making my next pair of shoes vans (which will be tomorrow). I've had two pairs of lakais in a row, neither one of them held up very long. And I go to extra-care to make my skate shoes last long, such as super glueing stitches, and shoe-gooing any tears.

RRRRRAD

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 09:29:26 PM »
I'm making my next pair of shoes vans (which will be tomorrow). I've had two pairs of lakais in a row, neither one of them held up very long. And I go to extra-care to make my skate shoes last long, such as super glueing stitches, and shoe-gooing any tears.

someone told me that using shoe goo for the first tears is a bad idea i dont know how true this is but he told me the superglue is great and that the shoe goo makes them rip faster by meshing and binding together with the threads idk though

TheFrontSeatLife

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 11:09:19 PM »
So... You think that Vans has quality issues so you're buying some shoes from Lakai, the company with the most quality complaints on here?

I ain't knowed nothin' about that. Well now I'm really up shit creek. What to do?

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 11:12:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I ain't knowed nothin' about that. Well now I'm really up shit creek. What to do?

There is a reason everybody is singing the praises of adidas here lately.  And it's not (completely) just hype.

Shoes are fucking sick, and durable as hell.

I'll also add another vote against lakai.  Great team, great company, terrible shoes.

paulo from vicwest

• Rep: 0
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2008, 12:04:40 AM »
I just wish the sole on old school vans didnt split apart so much like at the heel and the sides because other wise they last pretty fucking well (especially cabs)
skate more flat

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1926
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2008, 07:44:55 AM »
no complaints on my side regarding vans... in asia a pair of lakais/es/emerica/dvs shoes will set you back around 100 USD, and vans can be found at 1/2 to a 1/3 of the price, so why not.... the colourways and designs are a few seasons behind but as long as they are skateable, i have no qualms....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

tonycoxhox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
    • journal blog. avatar image
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 08:38:09 AM »
yeah i bought a pair of vans to wear casually, and they are already falling apart after one year of use, while all of the other kinds of shoes i have had have lasted for more than 5 years. i really like skating in vans though.
"we were going digital, ignoring all but the most core matter from history and focusing on the most complicated structures in order to make our lives more simple, but we could not escape from the cage, the past, and "reality" so we surrendered to short term drug euphoria." - John Albertson (on LSD)

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 08:48:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
someone told me that using shoe goo for the first tears is a bad idea i dont know how true this is but he told me the superglue is great and that the shoe goo makes them rip faster by meshing and binding together with the threads idk though
No, stick with Shoe Goo. That shit's like a magic shield in a tube. Apply it cleanly, and use an ice cube to apply it and smooth it out. Shoe Goo should fucking make shoes.

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2008, 10:04:56 AM »
Shoe goo fucking rules.  A little preventive measures on the weak spots as you see them going adds weeks to my shoes.