Author Topic: Satellite radio being censored  (Read 1201 times)

xi3388

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
  • turd nuggets
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Satellite radio being censored
« on: July 16, 2008, 09:22:11 PM »
i have to do a 5 min presentation tomorrow in class about satellite radio being censored the pros and cons...

and since the best way to go about it is by telling it from the listeners point of view.. what do you think? if you are paying for it.. do you think it should not be censored? or do you not really care?

my part for the group is to focus on the cons of this thing happening... but what do you think???

opinions would be awesome.. hell it's due tomorrow... nothing like a last minute cram.

(putting up pros to this argument would help too...)

*may cause blindness and death*

TheFrontSeatLife

Re: Satellite radio being censored
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 01:46:57 PM »
I would say give both sides equal play, because no one likes someone giving information with a bias, but in reality, who the fuck wants to pay for satellite radio if it's essentially the same thing they can get for free? I would compare satellite to TV channel's like Showtime and HBO and make your point that those channels are uncensored and you pay extra for them and the same should go for satellite. Your main point to hammer your argument home could be that we all make choices as adults on what we want to see and/or hear and you pay extra for that right.

Let me know how it turns out for you.

xi3388

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
  • turd nuggets
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 12:56:29 PM »
I would say give both sides equal play, because no one likes someone giving information with a bias, but in reality, who the fuck wants to pay for satellite radio if it's essentially the same thing they can get for free? I would compare satellite to TV channel's like Showtime and HBO and make your point that those channels are uncensored and you pay extra for them and the same should go for satellite. Your main point to hammer your argument home could be that we all make choices as adults on what we want to see and/or hear and you pay extra for that right.

Let me know how it turns out for you.

i stayed up all night and did about 90% of the work for the group project... i touched on all those subjects.. and even spoke on ways to get to the source before the FCC does such as having 2 broadcasts of the same popular show one censored and one not... since it is all done in binary they can use that as an options... like 1.1 and 1.2 stations.. which a lot of digital radio stations are taking advantage of now...

another i said would be to not have these controversial 'shows' on the regular plan and you would have to request them at no extra charge.... or to have a 'uncensored' subcategory of stations.. that could either be password protected or not included in the plan if you didn't want..

yeah talk for about 11 mins.. partner talked for 3.5 of them and he got a 74 i got a 78... shit's fucking bullshit... i had about 5 cons to them censoring them... he had 3 and none of them made fucking sense....

yay.

*may cause blindness and death*

TheFrontSeatLife

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 05:55:24 AM »
Either way, a 78 isn't a fail, so, victory is yours! Glad I could help!