Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3059804 times)

jack burton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #18660 on: July 26, 2009, 11:59:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Teaching my 10 year old cousin who was visiting from florida how to skate for the first time, surprisingly he picked up on it quicker than i expected, within the hour he was goin moderately fast for a first timer and carvin around the turn through the gate in my grandparents backyard and getting over some cracks. Later he was trying to figure out ollies in the grass(but had some trouble as my boards a bit too big for him) and even rode off a curb a bunch of times. When his mom asked him how it was he didn't really know what to say or how to describe how he felt about it besides "it's great". He was so psyched when he did a few little kickturns in the driveway. I plan to send him back to florida with one of my old skateboards so that he can keep going. I'm so stoked on him right now.
[close]

That's sick. Dude sounds like a natural. It took me way too long to learn how to just ride off shit.
[close]
Psyched on the above posts and your signature. She gets totally blasted with cock minutes after that scene

who is that broad in the signature? it looks like some one i know. its clearly not but i can pretend!!

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #18661 on: July 26, 2009, 01:48:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Teaching my 10 year old cousin who was visiting from florida how to skate for the first time, surprisingly he picked up on it quicker than i expected, within the hour he was goin moderately fast for a first timer and carvin around the turn through the gate in my grandparents backyard and getting over some cracks. Later he was trying to figure out ollies in the grass(but had some trouble as my boards a bit too big for him) and even rode off a curb a bunch of times. When his mom asked him how it was he didn't really know what to say or how to describe how he felt about it besides "it's great". He was so psyched when he did a few little kickturns in the driveway. I plan to send him back to florida with one of my old skateboards so that he can keep going. I'm so stoked on him right now.
[close]

That's sick. Dude sounds like a natural. It took me way too long to learn how to just ride off shit.
[close]
Psyched on the above posts and your signature. She gets totally blasted with cock minutes after that scene
[close]

who is that broad in the signature? it looks like some one i know. its clearly not but i can pretend!!

Lexi Belle.

Here's the video my sig is from- http://www.xvideos.com/video162610/lexi_belle_interracial

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18662 on: July 26, 2009, 04:28:58 PM »
beer shits and the end of hangovers.
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

CeeyMar

« Reply #18663 on: July 26, 2009, 04:45:28 PM »
2 40's of OE, my first time drinkin OE.

WWD4D?

« Reply #18664 on: July 26, 2009, 04:49:57 PM »
That's good to hear man. I recently got a friend of mine into skating, it's only been a month and he's already landing heelflips, front shoves, and he ollied this extended three stair; took him a bunch of tries but he still got it. He's still sketchy as hell but his style will improve with time. I'm really psyched that he's progressing this fast, especially since he's starting out at an older age, which makes everything just a bit harder to learn.

jrock

« Reply #18665 on: July 26, 2009, 05:05:51 PM »
i've decided to get a synthesizer.  I think i'm going to go with the microkorg:

if any of you guys are in the know about this type of stuff, let me know if this one's worth the money

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #18666 on: July 26, 2009, 05:24:25 PM »
I helped a family I work with take their slumlord to court and found out today we kicked his ass. We've been working on this case since April and the trial was just last week--the one week I was out of state all year and couldn't attend.

So this dicklick gets a lawyer and flexes hard, counter suing us for legal fees and I'm pretty scared. We invest some serious money just in filing fees and don't have a lawyer so I was a mess thinking I'd get this poor family slapped with a 2G lawsuit or some shit.

We put together a solid case, they came in and were humble, honestly answering the judges questions... The dude and his lawyer come in cocky and were disrespectful... The judge awarded a full judgement plus 10% in punitive damages. So psyched.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #18667 on: July 26, 2009, 06:27:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Lexi Belle.

Here's the video my sig is from- http://www.xvideos.com/video162610/lexi_belle_interracial

wellllll looks like im gonna have to beat it before i go out.

Goblinshark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #18668 on: July 26, 2009, 07:48:39 PM »
Stephen Alcala: chris cole anit a loser
Stephen Alcala: frank grewer is an alcholic
Stephen Alcala: LOSER

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #18669 on: July 26, 2009, 07:55:04 PM »
Even though the show's kinda starting to wear thin, I've been enjoying the new season of Entourage. Hopefully tonight's episode is decent.

TheFreshSC

« Reply #18670 on: July 26, 2009, 08:49:07 PM »
i took a skate trip to denver where i was the oldest kid there. It feels good to be better at skateboarding than most 13 year olds

« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 08:52:03 PM by TheFreshSC »

jrock

« Reply #18671 on: July 26, 2009, 09:38:36 PM »

if any of you guys are in the know about this type of stuff, let me know if this one's worth the money

ordered that bitch!  i found an internet coupon and got one with the reverse keys for 250 (about a hundred bucks cheaper than the cheapest one on Ebay).  So fucking hyped!  I'm gonna be the next T-Pain!!!!

Flume

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #18672 on: July 26, 2009, 09:43:56 PM »
+
=

sparksandblood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #18673 on: July 26, 2009, 10:32:30 PM »
im drunk and stoked on going to atlanta on the 8th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was seriously like seeing Jesus on a skateboard.

jrock

« Reply #18674 on: July 26, 2009, 11:07:40 PM »
Just got accosted by a drunk Kevin spacey at the bar. Tonight just keeps getting better and better

Goblinshark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #18675 on: July 26, 2009, 11:11:49 PM »
Just got accosted by a drunk Kevin spacey at the bar. Tonight just keeps getting better and better

This post
Stephen Alcala: chris cole anit a loser
Stephen Alcala: frank grewer is an alcholic
Stephen Alcala: LOSER

jrock

« Reply #18676 on: July 26, 2009, 11:43:40 PM »
Oh and hes totally flaming, btw.  We put on usual suspect as soon as he left. Dude was completely wasted.

angryfacedman

« Reply #18677 on: July 27, 2009, 02:41:01 AM »
My sisters pug!

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #18678 on: July 27, 2009, 05:34:17 AM »
Oh and hes totally flaming, btw.  We put on usual suspect as soon as he left. Dude was completely wasted.

did you tell him k-pax was the shit?
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70

loophole

« Reply #18680 on: July 27, 2009, 06:33:53 AM »
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-09-star-wars/53016?type=mov

that looks cool. i was really dissappointed by the first one though in the sense that i finished it in two or three sittings. but whateva, slinging around shit is fun

nocomply

• Rep: 147
  • Handsome
« Reply #18681 on: July 27, 2009, 06:50:13 AM »
made some more progress on the ramp this weekend
painted

rained the next day, but I setup a work area....

and got some framing done

"is it sturdy, son?"

I figured out a pretty good system for doing the radial cuts and the compound miter cuts. This is my first bowl corner, so I'm learning as I go. I'm pretty happy so far. I should be able to get the framing done this week.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #18682 on: July 27, 2009, 07:13:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

ordered that bitch!  i found an internet coupon and got one with the reverse keys for 250 (about a hundred bucks cheaper than the cheapest one on Ebay).  So fucking hyped!  I'm gonna be the next T-Pain!!!!
that's a good deal. you'll have fun. i lent mine to a friend a few months back and i've been missing it.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18683 on: July 27, 2009, 07:37:22 AM »

I figured out a pretty good system for doing the radial cuts and the compound miter cuts. This is my first bowl corner, so I'm learning as I go. I'm pretty happy so far. I should be able to get the framing done this week.

How do you make your radial cuts? Band saw?

*edit: How'd you cut the radials on the 2x4s in the corner. I've seen folks take off the guard on a circ saw to make the radials on the plywood sides; is that what you did?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 07:42:31 AM by Prison Wallet »

nocomply

• Handsome
« Reply #18684 on: July 27, 2009, 08:10:43 AM »
first I draw the radius on the 2X6 using a compass
next I used a jigsaw to make the virtical cuts you see in the picture below. These vertical cuts ease the stress on the circular saw blade when you're trying to make the radial cut:

Next I cut the raduis with my circular saw. I do the cut in two passes. The first pass I drop the blade to 3/4"(about halfway through the board). The picture above was taken after the first pass.
Then I take another pass at it dropping the blade so it cuts all the way through.
It's time consuming, but the cuts came out really well.
I tried to do my first board with a jigsaw and it just came out all lumpy and horrible. A bandsaw would prob be the best tool for the job. but I don't have access to one so... Circular is the way to go for me. I did not need to remove the guard on the saw.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 08:15:00 AM by nocomply »

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18685 on: July 27, 2009, 09:04:36 AM »
Good stuff--those cuts like nice and clean. I would have never thought to make those cuts with the jig saw beforehand but I'm sure it makes all the difference in the world. And the extra time is definitely worth having a tight finished product.

Will you do anything to weatherize the ramp other than paint it?

CeeyMar

« Reply #18686 on: July 27, 2009, 09:58:01 AM »
OE

Pelican

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #18687 on: July 27, 2009, 10:00:22 AM »

"is it sturdy, son?"

i like your rocks and gargoyle

nocomply

• Handsome
« Reply #18688 on: July 27, 2009, 10:12:53 AM »
Will you do anything to weatherize the ramp other than paint it?
That's been a decision that I've been going back and forth on. Over at rampplans.org they talk a lot about using spar urethane on masonite. I'm going to give that a try and see how it holds up. I can't imagine it will last more than a year, since it's so humid and we get so much rain here in NJ. It will be a cheap solution until I can afford something else. I'd like to get skatelite, but it's insanely expensive. any suggestions?
i like your rocks and gargoyle
Thanks. The gargoyle will be mounted on the ramp at the end.

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #18689 on: July 27, 2009, 10:43:37 AM »
Ive used spar urethane(pretty expensive and hard to find) and it held up pretty good, lasted around 5 months on a mini ramp.

Now we have just painted plywood as the surface, but we are looking for sheet metal to put over it.