Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3060095 times)

idealhandmades

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #29580 on: May 11, 2012, 02:18:56 PM »
In addition to having a trip back east for the summer coming up (gonna get to see a mess of friends, a girl i like, friends bands shows, cruiserganging to the bars, latenight hill bombs, beaches, nature, crusty spots, and the best fucking seafood)

I just cut out two new mini cruiser shapes, went skating last night and am planning to again tonight, I still have tree, I've got delicious food, money is slowly stacking back in my favor and I'm doing a better job keeping track of it now, hyped on all of Meek Mill's freestyles on youtube, owner of the shop just sent my portfolio over to DLX (even though they already stopped accepting applications/portfolios for those two openings they had recently), my guitar is finally back in tune, Its already hot as fuck out here in vegas, but I don't have any obligations to leave the air conditioned house till nightfall.
@idealhandmades

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #29581 on: May 11, 2012, 04:19:11 PM »
these two pix

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #29582 on: May 11, 2012, 05:47:37 PM »
Job interview went better than I could have ever expected. If I don't get hired I will be very seriously surprised.

David Schwimmer

• Rep: -27
    • http://orgasmicabyss.tumblr.com/ avatar image
« Reply #29583 on: May 11, 2012, 06:00:44 PM »
Job interview went better than I could have ever expected. If I don't get hired I will be very seriously surprised.

That's really great news David! The guys and I would like to thank you for being a really admirable poster, and
for being welcoming throughout our journey together.

Here's to us.

-Dave
We were on a break

theycallmeishmael

• Rep: -2
« Reply #29584 on: May 11, 2012, 06:29:03 PM »

Joe Pesci

« Reply #29585 on: May 12, 2012, 01:39:05 PM »
bought taco bell the other day and a doritos bag was open already when i got it, so i emailed them a complaint. they told me to go in whenever and ask for the manager, and i did today and they just asked me what i wanted, anything. free food for days

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #29586 on: May 12, 2012, 07:25:49 PM »
i am halfway through my last academic essay for my undergraduate right now also about to take my last final on wednesday and graduation ceremony is on saturday!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Rod Kimble

• Rep: -17
  • Thats number one!
« Reply #29587 on: May 12, 2012, 07:29:19 PM »
Max fish opening a bar here in asbury

Im stoked on that too.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #29588 on: May 12, 2012, 08:34:45 PM »
Been with my girlfriend for one year as of today, going out to dinner to celebrate.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #29589 on: May 12, 2012, 09:37:25 PM »
The new spine my friends built at the local DIY, can't believe how much fun it is.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

brianwilson

• Rep: -35
    • Flickr avatar image
« Reply #29590 on: May 12, 2012, 09:49:10 PM »
I passed my drivers test today. Exciting haha.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #29591 on: May 12, 2012, 10:09:57 PM »
Finally moved out of the Tenderloin into a new studio in lower nob.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

FART BOY

• Rep: 10
« Reply #29592 on: May 12, 2012, 10:59:35 PM »
I'm pretty happy with life lately. I've never been the one to say I hate/love it, I guess I just live on a day to day basis, but it feels like there's a good vibe about.

Also within the last couple of months I've had some pretty significant dreams relating to where I'm at as of now. It's a good way to step back and reflect on what's been going on.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #29593 on: May 14, 2012, 12:00:18 AM »
I finally tried Chicken Tikka Masala.. man that thing is so delicious.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #29594 on: May 14, 2012, 12:12:18 AM »

congratulations. I just listened to a radio program of people talking up the tenderloin, but Im sure its still a little bit of a bummer.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

the whompler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • https://vimeo.com/user36500511
« Reply #29595 on: May 14, 2012, 09:20:27 PM »

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #29596 on: May 14, 2012, 09:54:34 PM »

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #29597 on: May 14, 2012, 09:55:24 PM »
Welcome to tendernob. It's a wonder how much of a difference a couple hills makes.

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #29598 on: May 15, 2012, 07:43:50 AM »
my girlfriend made me lunch and dinner today and she also did my laundry... stoked

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #29599 on: May 15, 2012, 01:11:36 PM »
This video of a blind-autistic kid reacting to a street performer

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #29600 on: May 15, 2012, 05:14:07 PM »
I've just been reading up on bikes lately and gonna try to get my license soon. I just fucking psyched on the idea behind cafe racer styling or bobbers. Anyway, in my browsing, I stumbled on these two videos that are pretty cool. Also, if any other motorheads on here can recommend any general knowledge/cool shit bike forums I'm all ears. Since I don't have my license yet, I was thinking of just piecing a bike together from mostly scratch instead of taking the easy route and buying one  ;D

you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #29601 on: May 15, 2012, 05:23:20 PM »
I've just been reading up on bikes lately and gonna try to get my license soon. I just fucking psyched on the idea behind cafe racer styling or bobbers. Anyway, in my browsing, I stumbled on these two videos that are pretty cool. Also, if any other motorheads on here can recommend any general knowledge/cool shit bike forums I'm all ears. Since I don't have my license yet, I was thinking of just piecing a bike together from mostly scratch instead of taking the easy route and buying one  ;D

i love bikes and have nothing but respect for what that guy can do, but i can't stand the snobbish attitude some of these vintage bike shop guys have.  not all of em do, but some do.  this guy is the epitome of that
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29602 on: May 15, 2012, 05:30:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i love bikes and have nothing but respect for what that guy can do, but i can't stand the snobbish attitude some of these vintage bike shop guys have.  not all of em do, but some do.  this guy is the epitome of that

Nah, I get what you're saying. There's guys like that in the automotive scene too. I mainly just like the story aside from his attitude, and the mention of people having trades building stuff from scratch. That being said, I'm gonna do my damnedest to learn to weld and shit so I can at least hopefully make my own tank and seat. Had I not accumulated so much debt from art school I'd love to go to a trade school.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #29603 on: May 15, 2012, 05:31:57 PM »
on a positive note that Kott guy has the fucking sickest bikes.  holy shit

http://www.kottmotorcycles.com/Kott_Motorcycles/Bikes/Bikes.html
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29604 on: May 15, 2012, 05:39:56 PM »
Haha yep! Dude definitely knows what he's doing. I love that one Honda on the right that has the "unfinished" polished look to it.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29605 on: May 15, 2012, 08:38:45 PM »
I get high and make movie posters sometimes. Here's a few.

baconeggandcheese

• Rep: 41
« Reply #29606 on: May 15, 2012, 09:26:31 PM »
Holy shit dude, those are amazing.  How do you make them?  What medium?
I actually did hit another skater in the face with my shoe once at a demo doing a shoes fly off kickflip but he was cool with it.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29607 on: May 16, 2012, 12:22:24 AM »
Holy shit dude, those are amazing.  How do you make them?  What medium?

Thanks man, I use Illustrator for them. Here's another quick one I did tonight
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:14:31 AM by Rockin Robbin »

buttpirate

• Rep: 32
« Reply #29608 on: May 16, 2012, 05:52:12 AM »
I get high and make movie posters sometimes. Here's a few.

those are really really good, in terms of ideas and execution. you could be making money of this stuff.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1001
« Reply #29609 on: May 16, 2012, 06:46:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

We have a letterpress shop in my town where the owner bitches to everybody in the "art scene" that letterpress is dead, and there are no craftsmen anymore. Letterpress is bigger and more popular than it has been in 30 years. Same thing with these bikes. Same thing with vintage cars. Same thing with people selling refinished vintage goods. There's a big swing into quality and tailored items now, even though the economy is in the shitter. Which is funny that people claim this new generation doesn't want to or can't do skilled labor...when really it's probably more healthy and alive now than it was in the 90s.

Perfect example - http://www.bestmadeco.com/collections/axes. Say what you will about the American economy, but as shitty as it may be, there's a boutique brand of camping supplies and axes out there. Axes, hand painted for 230 dollars. This company is not a hobby, someone is making a living off this. You can buy an axe at Home Depot for 25 dollars. It's awesome that you can create a company that provides a handmade product for 10x the price of a mass-produced product, and people will still buy it. I just don't like the attitudes that are coming out along with these companies.