Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3057357 times)

igrindtwinkies and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #39450 on: June 17, 2018, 02:33:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Bonus stoke: Jenkem did a book release party in my area last night. I've had the book for quite awhile now but I still stopped by and shot the shit with some of them about skating/writing. I've been trying to write some stuff about skating recently, and after last night I'm definitely feeling very motivated about that as well as trying harder in general to contribute to the community.
[close]

you've been mentioning your interest in writing about skating quite a few times now. I write too (for a living) and would be interested in checking out your first attempts if you're ever looking for feedback, don't hesitate to DM me; I'm easy and open-minded about different styles and approaches so please don't fear, I might give you a few technical pointers if I ever feel like you could use some but I won't judge. anybody's effort to try and come up with text as a means of substantially exchanging with people amidst an ocean of Instagram clips and other short term, often self-absorbed bursts of expression is to be encouraged. so do it!

I really appreciate this and will definitely keep it in mind once I actually start fleshing some stuff out! I got my degree in 2015 and have done a few things with it, but the past year or so have been pretty neglecting as far as creative endeavors go, so it’s nice to be getting back into that mindset, and it’s eapecially nice to have folks actually doing it offering insight, so thank you!

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #39451 on: June 17, 2018, 07:55:02 PM »
Relearned most of my go to tricks since my foot injury, couldn't be happier

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #39452 on: June 17, 2018, 08:14:52 PM »
Hell yeah Silky

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #39453 on: June 17, 2018, 09:00:44 PM »
Mexico beating Germany, I still cant believe it.  ;D

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #39454 on: June 19, 2018, 05:08:24 PM »
i've been making a lot of music lately, stoked on that. I made this short lil beat last night then filmed this video this afternoon. fun doing stuff like this

http://youtu.be/QOxn_ymr82g
The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #39455 on: June 19, 2018, 08:10:48 PM »
This is the last month I'm paying for Childcare for my kids. My daughter's pre school/daycare was 1100 dollars a month. My sons before and after school program was 350 a month. I was paying 1450 a month for 2 years, except for the summers. My job has finally got more flexible to where I can pickup and drop off my kids and my daughter starts kindergarten so that just automatically chopped that ridiculous bill. Beyond stoked!!!

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #39456 on: June 20, 2018, 05:08:14 AM »
I was paying 1450 a month for 2 years

jesus christ dude. im stoked for you too. thats insane.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #39457 on: June 20, 2018, 05:53:57 AM »
This is the last month I'm paying for Childcare for my kids. My daughter's pre school/daycare was 1100 dollars a month. My sons before and after school program was 350 a month. I was paying 1450 a month for 2 years, except for the summers. My job has finally got more flexible to where I can pickup and drop off my kids and my daughter starts kindergarten so that just automatically chopped that ridiculous bill. Beyond stoked!!!

This is the kind of relief I need, good job getting your daughter to kindergarten. In the sf Bay Area  I’m paying 3200 total for care of my two daughters age 3 and 8 months. It’s brutal.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #39458 on: June 20, 2018, 06:37:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is the kind of relief I need, good job getting your daughter to kindergarten. In the sf Bay Area  I’m paying 3200 total for care of my two daughters age 3 and 8 months. It’s brutal.

Fuck!!!!! I though I had it bad. Stay strong man, once one of them gets to kindergarten it’ll start getting cheaper. But yes this has been a brutal 2 years for me, crazy to think childcare can be as much if not more than rent sometimes. I’m stoked I powered through it because it was a great program for my daughters development and you get what you pay for.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #39459 on: June 20, 2018, 08:25:00 AM »
*schedules vasectomy*

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #39460 on: June 20, 2018, 09:17:40 AM »
I just put my two weeks notice in and got a full-time job in the legal cannabis industry. The work itself, the pay, and the hours are a million times better.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #39461 on: June 20, 2018, 09:25:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Fuck!!!!! I though I had it bad. Stay strong man, once one of them gets to kindergarten it’ll start getting cheaper. But yes this has been a brutal 2 years for me, crazy to think childcare can be as much if not more than rent sometimes. I’m stoked I powered through it because it was a great program for my daughters development and you get what you pay for.

Thanks, I agree preschool has already given my daughter better social skills than I have probably

shark tits

« Reply #39462 on: June 20, 2018, 10:39:09 AM »
i mowed my lawn [which is a failed clover state tha has returned to it's hegemonic grass majority] in defeat and i was mad but my pal posted banana chips so i got a recipe and i've got strawberries in my over turning into fruit roll ups. strawberry jerky.

man i do hate grass....
here's my strawberry chips i made. kiss da kook
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 02:30:21 PM by I sniff my own butthole all the time »

shark tits

« Reply #39463 on: June 21, 2018, 01:59:49 PM »
double stoke!
i was picking strawberries in my patch w/ the radio playing fiona apple and i'm enjoying the day. the song changed to tori amos and i heard the unmistakable sounds of squirrel chatter.
if you know me, there's one thing i can't stand is squirrels. they're the vandals of my backyard garden.
they uproot hot pepper plants knowing damn well there's no forgotten nut under there, just spiteful like taggers.
so imagine my joy when i see one caught in my new squirrel trap!
i shot him 3 X at point blank range and tossed the corpse into a thicket as a warning to his freinds 'don't fuck w/ shark tits' jalops and tabascos.
[obese black neighbor lookin at me like what the fuck!?!]

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #39464 on: June 22, 2018, 05:01:40 AM »
won the game of skate for go
skateboarding day yesterday
and i got 100 bucks as a gift
card for the local assholeshop

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #39465 on: June 22, 2018, 07:52:23 AM »
Like they sell butt plugs?

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #39466 on: June 22, 2018, 02:23:52 PM »
probably but actually i meant the
local shop that sells skateboards,
snowboards, longboards and shit

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #39467 on: June 22, 2018, 06:23:50 PM »
Shower wine is next level. Shower beers are ass.

Yu Dum

« Reply #39468 on: June 23, 2018, 05:08:41 AM »
I get to see Tommy Wright III perform at this event that my local shop is putting on tonight.

shark tits

« Reply #39469 on: June 23, 2018, 05:11:15 AM »
I get to see Tommy Wright III perform at this event that my local shop is putting on tonight.
what's up w/ him and skating?
i only know him because of those palace world news shorts, 'kickin it w/ TW, kickin it w/ TW'.

Yu Dum

« Reply #39470 on: June 23, 2018, 07:46:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i only know him because of those palace world news shorts, 'kickin it w/ TW, kickin it w/ TW'.
To be completely honest, I’m not sure what’s up with him and skating. I know that, with all of these dudes using his music in edits, he’s gaining a much larger following.
I think he’s just super grateful to have such a strong revival of his career.

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #39471 on: June 24, 2018, 01:53:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
To be completely honest, I’m not sure what’s up with him and skating. I know that, with all of these dudes using his music in edits, he’s gaining a much larger following.
I think he’s just super grateful to have such a strong revival of his career.
Yeah he seems to really fuck with his fans, and a lot a new fans are skaters. You turn up fish?

I'm stoked I ain't touched drugs in a minute, but I got em right next to me, to have control feels good. Speakin of drugs, theres some dmt somewhere in the house but I gotta find it. I'm tryna reset real quick.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #39472 on: June 24, 2018, 02:10:25 PM »
Gave a buddy a ride to town to pick up some groceries. A few quick stops and he throws me $40 for gas and hands me a bag of weed. Bonus, always get weed when I literally have pounds of it lol.

But im always stoked to get more for some reason?

This shit goes on the "guest shelf" for visitors that annoy me
Gentleman ninja warlock

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #39473 on: June 24, 2018, 04:13:14 PM »
Gave a buddy a ride to town to pick up some groceries. A few quick stops and he throws me $40 for gas and hands me a bag of weed. Bonus, always get weed when I literally have pounds of it lol.

punishment weed?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #39474 on: June 24, 2018, 07:39:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
punishment weed?

Yep
Gentleman ninja warlock

doublesteveburger

« Reply #39475 on: June 24, 2018, 11:32:56 PM »
Girlfriend dropped in for the first time today. Little 3 footer. She was so stoked.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39476 on: June 25, 2018, 09:20:49 AM »
Girlfriend dropped in for the first time today. Little 3 footer. She was so stoked.

i read this half asleep and it took me a little bit to understand
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

ungzilla

« Reply #39477 on: June 25, 2018, 09:48:59 AM »
yea we all thought it was some freaky sex shit

shark tits

« Reply #39478 on: June 25, 2018, 09:53:06 AM »
she gave birth to a big kid was my first take.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #39479 on: June 25, 2018, 10:28:28 AM »
I thought she did a lengthy poop