Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3061811 times)

doublesteveburger

Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #39480 on: June 25, 2018, 10:47:30 AM »
you guys are so silly

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #39481 on: June 25, 2018, 12:59:13 PM »
I thought she visited a midget

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #39482 on: June 25, 2018, 03:51:15 PM »
Nostalga, I use to fuck with these books heavy.

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #39483 on: June 25, 2018, 04:26:58 PM »
Finally made it to wing night after forgetting about if a month and a half of crazy stress. Gonna see Jurassic world 2 tonight, I know it's not gonna be great but Jurassic park was on heavy rotation in my family growing up.

Got a little k pin and was doing some writing about my anxiety this morning, working through my reluctance to put myself out there and meet new people. It was nice to be clear headed for those hours I was on the k pin
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39484 on: June 25, 2018, 10:44:12 PM »
i think everyone can relate to being stoked on seeing legends skate their local spots .. muska down the street from me, while im learnin kickflips in the driveway, he’s shutting down spots im visiting today 20 yrs later

everyone goes to the northern banks but the second clip where he fakie tre’s is a block away from there .. never seen any muska northern banks footy

What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #39485 on: June 26, 2018, 06:32:21 AM »
Finally made it to wing night after forgetting about if a month and a half of crazy stress. Gonna see Jurassic world 2 tonight, I know it's not gonna be great but Jurassic park was on heavy rotation in my family growing up.

Got a little k pin and was doing some writing about my anxiety this morning, working through my reluctance to put myself out there and meet new people. It was nice to be clear headed for those hours I was on the k pin

Klonopin is nice (assuming that's what your talking about). Wish I had health insurance  :-\ - happy for you though, friend. Sounds like you had a nice little mental vacation.

Yu Dum

« Reply #39486 on: June 26, 2018, 08:14:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I get to see Tommy Wright III perform at this event that my local shop is putting on tonight.
[close]
what's up w/ him and skating?
i only know him because of those palace world news shorts, 'kickin it w/ TW, kickin it w/ TW'.
[close]
To be completely honest, I’m not sure what’s up with him and skating. I know that, with all of these dudes using his music in edits, he’s gaining a much larger following.
I think he’s just super grateful to have such a strong revival of his career.
[close]
Yeah he seems to really fuck with his fans, and a lot a new fans are skaters. You turn up fish?

I'm stoked I ain't touched drugs in a minute, but I got em right next to me, to have control feels good. Speakin of drugs, theres some dmt somewhere in the house but I gotta find it. I'm tryna reset real quick.
I was at the show for a little bit. Enough to meet Tommy and tell him how appreciative we all are. I’m an old young man and don’t stay out past 9 anymore.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #39487 on: June 26, 2018, 07:10:55 PM »
Work is sending me to LA for a conference in October. I finally get to pee in the Pacific ocean.

It'll be everything you hoped it would be. 
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #39488 on: June 26, 2018, 08:48:55 PM »
My 70 year old Italian uncle who was leaving the US for the first time ever to go to his ancestral home in Italy and was telling me how excited he was to finally swim in the Tyrrhennian and I was like that's gay

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #39489 on: June 26, 2018, 09:50:32 PM »
My 70 year old Italian uncle who was leaving the US for the first time ever to go to his ancestral home in Italy and was telling me how excited he was to finally swim in the Tyrrhennian and I was like that's gay

But how sweet are his pyjamas?

Or is he fully Americanized?
Gentleman ninja warlock

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #39490 on: June 27, 2018, 06:37:16 PM »
When you go to Walmart to cop a bottle of 3 dollar wine and throw some bullshit mixmatch clothes on then all the woman are staring at you and you catch yourself in a reflection and realize you look like a cool ass futuristic space pimp.

And microdosing dmt in the morning is next level, I think its better than microdosing lsd or shroom.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #39491 on: June 28, 2018, 12:59:43 AM »
Gotta beautiful woman by my side and finally getting an appreciation for this lil old life of mine

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #39492 on: June 28, 2018, 01:16:13 AM »
went skating the local park with a buddy i was skating with
nearly everyday for a long period about 4 years ago. he then
went out of the country to be a chef and work. in this time,
he completely stopped skating. so yesterday we went for the
first time in years together. it was like in the past. we had a
blast and he ripped. managed to pull off tre flips that he was
not been able to land back 4 years. we were both so stoked.

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #39493 on: June 28, 2018, 11:23:00 AM »
Didn't realize it until today, but I've been alcohol free for 18 months since the 26th. Sure, life isn't perfect, but it's so sick to be somewhat healthy and skating again.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #39494 on: June 28, 2018, 02:39:37 PM »
don't cry about what you don't have, use what you do have.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #39495 on: June 28, 2018, 02:46:13 PM »
  That Im alive.  I just got samoked!!! by a suv while I was cycling.  Im in europe now and it was just a matter of time.  I jay biked without looking the right way (its opposite over here) and he was whippin around the corner and I caved in his door with my body and got ejected from my bike.  I'm all good tho and the cops said to go to the atm and get 200 euro to give to the man for damaging his ride.  -pretty funny. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #39496 on: June 28, 2018, 02:59:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Work is sending me to LA for a conference in October. I finally get to pee in the Pacific ocean.
[close]

It'll be everything you hoped it would be.
I live 3 blocks away from that body of water and my goal of taking a dump in it has never been realized. You know, stage fright and all that.

shark tits

« Reply #39497 on: June 28, 2018, 03:27:20 PM »
every time i get kook'd i do 5 pullups and eat a mulberry danish.
thanks to everyone who's helping me get fucking house!
got a conjugal visit on monday, looking forward to that.
got some rainfall, my plants are grateful.
every time i crack a hive, i borrow 2-6 lbs of honey, thanks girls.
life is good, i hope everyone is doing what they want and fulfilled.
[edit]
i was out picking blackberries and i stumbled upon this mean janeane garofalo!
whoever's DIY in my city, let's get this to a new home.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 05:11:00 PM by I sniff my own butthole all the time »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #39498 on: June 29, 2018, 05:23:51 AM »
i cut out carbs from my diet about 5 weeks ago and im down more than 10 lbs.

Yu Dum

« Reply #39499 on: June 29, 2018, 05:53:54 AM »
My lady and I got a puppy. She’s a nine week old mutt and I’m completely in love with her.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #39500 on: June 29, 2018, 01:56:31 PM »
My lady and I got a puppy. She’s a nine week old mutt and I’m completely in love with her.

post a pup!
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

shark tits

« Reply #39501 on: June 30, 2018, 03:44:40 AM »
my buddy bought a bench for sharkside [DIY] w/ holes at the end for potted plants. we transplanted 2 tomatoes out my yard so hopefully they flourish down there. edible skate spots is the future!
i think we might actually finish my pyramid today, been on pause for over a month. it's gonna be dope, you have to ollie, no riding across. gonna leave the flat dirt and plant nasturtiums [inspired by back to the bay contest 1993 except edible].
there's some gentrification/mural company that has 10-20 large to donate to skating. we might try to get a piece of it for our spot or if they wanna run tings or post their logo on our shit we might tell em take a flying fuck and they can buy a few benches or whatever around town, build a hit here and there.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1592
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #39502 on: July 01, 2018, 11:21:03 AM »
Didn't realize it until today, but I've been alcohol free for 18 months since the 26th. Sure, life isn't perfect, but it's so sick to be somewhat healthy and skating again.

That is fantastic Bruh Man, 18 months is a long time.  For whatever reason, I have had a hell of a time getting past 2 weeks. 

On stoked on the fact that a DIY spot that is sanctioned by the city is being built locally.  That is going to be my motivation to get past those 2 weeks.  All concrete!
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #39503 on: July 01, 2018, 02:52:52 PM »
Chicago. First leg of my trip around the country. Saw a bunch of old friends from back when I lived here. Got to hit Uprise and the guy hooked me up with two coozies.

Off to New York next. Hoping my train is on time to pittsburgh so I can make my transfer.

Just generally stoked on old friends in general. So many good folks are giving a place to crash at to help me save $$$. Another 40 or so hours on the train coming up. Thank god for SLAP and books.

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #39504 on: July 01, 2018, 05:23:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That is fantastic Bruh Man, 18 months is a long time.  For whatever reason, I have had a hell of a time getting past 2 weeks. 

On stoked on the fact that a DIY spot that is sanctioned by the city is being built locally.  That is going to be my motivation to get past those 2 weeks.  All concrete!

Thanks, pugmaster! Sounds sick, good luck!

Edit: finally a Pal after about 15 years of lurking and posting lol.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 12:36:30 AM by Bruh Man »

shark tits

« Reply #39505 on: July 02, 2018, 07:39:47 PM »
ok, so my exgf was sposedta come over during the 6 wks of the yr i'm willy wonka and my yard is full of nature's candy but she forgot the cord to charge her electric car so had to abort.
i was like 'i ain't missing my conjugal for shit!' so i bussed out to see her and we got along awesome and talk turned to slap.
she's half black so i asked if she finds wigger offensive and she said 'i don't but if other people did i'd stop using it' and i respect her opinion and told her as much.
then i showed her ricky o in traffic and she thought he was hot when he was younger, not so much answering slap pal questions.
i told her this jamoke 'gentle jones' called me racist and in regards to one of his raps 'no, just no'. she's half black so please respect her wishes, she higher than you in hip hop hierarchy by ya'lls metric.
i showed her his pic w/ the mustache and she's like 'why is that old guy posting on a skating site? he looks like a manager of la quinta'.
i played her fred gall's timecode and she started singing along [she's half irish] to 'children of the grave' and mused 'lots of people must skate to NIB' and i go 'which one is that? oh yeah, it's been used for sure.'
then i came home and picked berries out my yard [raspberries and blueberries goin of!]
and my boys did rebar and sweeping up at sharkside while i was 'away on business'.
thanks to everyone saying nice stuff about me, love you guys!
sorry i'm a button pusher at times, she said it can read harsh to people that don't know me.

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #39506 on: July 02, 2018, 11:30:03 PM »
I was really stoked on your fruit bow until I imagined those Roach from People Under The Stairs fingers delicately plucking them.

I had beers with a (white, obv) juggalo once whomst reffered to me as "lil nigga". He used a metal chain and padlock as a belt. I wasn't offended for myself, but that probably wasn't Gucci of him.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #39507 on: July 03, 2018, 04:48:11 AM »
No longer the hands of a junkie.

Those are the hands of a gardener.

Much respect for the clean hands.

Gentleman ninja warlock

colin

« Reply #39508 on: July 03, 2018, 11:23:58 AM »

Much respect for the clean hands.

Clean with dirt on them, good for your health.
The plants I thought were marigolds growing in the snow back in February turned out to be lupine, and I'm stoked on them and other wildflowers for growing in adverse conditions, like rocks.

Also this Skate Rat Syndrome piece:

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39509 on: July 03, 2018, 12:36:55 PM »
phx, arizona is a strange place .. seemingly inhospitable place to live yet we manage to thrive .. you’d never think to grow grapes here yet my mom has thousands growing on her trellis

What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?