Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3062071 times)

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #39780 on: October 04, 2018, 05:39:06 AM »
Expand Quote
found $10 on the ground this morning.
[close]

what'd ya spend it on?

3 steak tacos and a coffee. still have $2 left.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39781 on: October 04, 2018, 06:02:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

what'd ya spend it on?
[close]

damn and it’s not even tuesday
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

RCB3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #39782 on: October 05, 2018, 02:25:29 PM »
Got a couple photo gigs to help with my freelance struggle. Also, a local magazine is using a joke photo I shot 3 years ago when I dressed up my dog for their cover photo along with 4 or 5 other old photos I've shot over the years. Should be a nice chunk of cash for not having to do any extra work.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #39783 on: October 06, 2018, 02:15:28 AM »
My friend has been unemployed for a bit, but finally landed a job that pays much more than his last job. Stoked he's about to change his family's life for the better!

Haven't skated all week since my calf was all swollen, but finally getting out today with some people. Also, a friend from NY is in town, stoked to see him and his girl this weekend!

shit_for_brains

« Reply #39784 on: October 06, 2018, 10:42:36 AM »
Got a couple photo gigs to help with my freelance struggle. Also, a local magazine is using a joke photo I shot 3 years ago when I dressed up my dog for their cover photo along with 4 or 5 other old photos I've shot over the years. Should be a nice chunk of cash for not having to do any extra work.

I made this one video on a plate in my old apartment 11 years ago and people still license it from me. It is not my best work by any means but I still make money off of it for doing nothing. It's so confusing.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39785 on: October 06, 2018, 03:31:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I made this one video on a plate in my old apartment 11 years ago and people still license it from me. It is not my best work by any means but I still make money off of it for doing nothing. It's so confusing.

That's awesome! And yea, I feel like it works out like that a lot. Some of my favorite images I've shot are the least purchased or licensed. It's like the old days when I did graphic design and the client always picked my least favorite logo I made.

Irvine-Sucks.com

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #39786 on: October 06, 2018, 08:05:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

what'd ya spend it on?
[close]

[close]

damn and it’s not even tuesday

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #39787 on: October 08, 2018, 04:11:43 AM »
 I learned Ollie big spins.  I used to try them but could never get them all the way around.  I learned how to land on my front wheels a bit to get them around now.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #39788 on: October 08, 2018, 04:36:30 AM »
Grabbed a piece of metal pipe from a building site and built myself a little rail so I can practice slides right outside my apartment.

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #39789 on: October 09, 2018, 01:25:45 PM »
Petting cats
Weekends
Catching good kickflips
Girls approaching me instead of wait for me to start talking
First time skating a new crispy deck
Getting home and taking a shit after holding it in for so long
Sleeping while tuning mentally to Vsauce videos or Lore of Middle Earth videos
The intro to Raining Blood

Damn the list goes on and on, but these are what I can think of now  ;D that's an awesome thread I'm stocked on that!

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #39790 on: October 09, 2018, 02:44:44 PM »
Got a truck and no longer have to borrow friends/acquaintances for projects.  Really excited about building a little ledge with angle iron on one side, butter bench on the other

Also, after years of surfing SLAP delivering mental responses I bucked up and made an account!  Pretty pumped
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39791 on: October 09, 2018, 06:22:10 PM »
Finally fucking done with weddings for the year (including my own lol). 30 year old problems. No more traveling, dressing up, planning shit. If anyone needs me I’ll be in Brooklyn drinking beer and skating until further notice.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #39792 on: October 09, 2018, 07:15:15 PM »
ordered something yesterday and it came in the mail today. fucking best

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1592
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #39793 on: October 09, 2018, 08:22:41 PM »
Finally fucking done with weddings for the year (including my own lol). 30 year old problems. No more traveling, dressing up, planning shit. If anyone needs me I’ll be in Brooklyn drinking beer and skating until further notice.

Congrats man, its nice having obligations out of the way.

I am stoked on the fact that I have NEVER been invited to a wedding (at 32 years of age).  Being emotionally distant has paid off!

My cousin got married and I went a couple years ago.  My dad invited me hahahaha
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #39794 on: October 11, 2018, 08:50:45 AM »
I back weddings though. All you have to do is sit there for an hour and then it's open bar and free food.

-
Stoked I went to the thrift shop and found a light jacket I'm psyched on. Not too heavy so I can wear it more often than not.

Yu Dum

« Reply #39795 on: October 11, 2018, 08:59:56 AM »
About to go fill out my paperwork for full-time employment with Amazon.
It’s just a delivery driver job, but I’ll be making $15/hourly and only work four days a week.

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #39796 on: October 11, 2018, 09:17:59 AM »
Got my new board set up.
Also told that I need to move from my house cuz landlord wants to renovate, etc. Introduced me to their friends who were looking to rent/sell. Go to the new place to look and the ppl are amazing , bigger place, more beds and baths and opposite the water. Anyways they want to lease to sell for us.  Stoked it went from terrible day to life changing day  :)

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #39797 on: October 11, 2018, 09:34:29 AM »
Got my new board set up.
Also told that I need to move from my house cuz landlord wants to renovate, etc. Introduced me to their friends who were looking to rent/sell. Go to the new place to look and the ppl are amazing , bigger place, more beds and baths and opposite the water. Anyways they want to lease to sell for us.  Stoked it went from terrible day to life changing day  :)

Damn that's awesome!  What area of the country (world?) do you live in?
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #39798 on: October 12, 2018, 10:17:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Got my new board set up.
[close]

I live in Treasure Island, FL

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #39799 on: October 12, 2018, 11:27:16 AM »
did some one-foot tailgrabs today, good feeling trick

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39800 on: October 12, 2018, 01:02:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I am stoked on the fact that I have NEVER been invited to a wedding (at 32 years of age).  Being emotionally distant has paid off!

My cousin got married and I went a couple years ago.  My dad invited me hahahaha

It's funny to me because, as a more introverted person, I love going to weddings. I hated it as a kid going to family weddings, but as an adult, it's just been an excuse to hang out with friends, get free drinks and a nice dinner, and then dance like a fool all night.

I never dance any other time than drunk wedding dancing and I love it. I guess I've been lucky that most of my friends weddings have had open bars and it's group of people I want to be with.

I was just thinking recently how its been a couple years since I've gone to a wedding and have missed it.

Irvine-Sucks.com

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #39801 on: October 16, 2018, 10:13:03 AM »
New bearings and wheels, rush abec 7 and 53mm radial slims, my old ones were down to 47mm, tricks are more popped, comfortable and clean

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #39802 on: October 16, 2018, 10:28:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It's funny to me because, as a more introverted person, I love going to weddings. I hated it as a kid going to family weddings, but as an adult, it's just been an excuse to hang out with friends, get free drinks and a nice dinner, and then dance like a fool all night.

I never dance any other time than drunk wedding dancing and I love it. I guess I've been lucky that most of my friends weddings have had open bars and it's group of people I want to be with.

I was just thinking recently how its been a couple years since I've gone to a wedding and have missed it.

I am always stoked to get my dad dance out at a wedding, im normally too self conscious anywhere else but weddings seem t bring the dancing queen out of me haha

shit_for_brains

« Reply #39803 on: October 16, 2018, 11:13:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Got my new board set up.
[close]

[close]

I live in Treasure Island, FL

I was just there two weeks ago because I didn't read the news and see that there were mountains of dead horseshoe crabs on the beaches. Aside from that it was nice. St Pete park is amazing.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #39804 on: October 16, 2018, 04:07:34 PM »
So into Tony Hawk doing lines from Wild at Heart.

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #39805 on: October 16, 2018, 11:05:09 PM »
Went for my first jog in years, got 1.5 miles in a little under 15 minutes and actually felt good during and after the jog lol.

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #39806 on: October 17, 2018, 12:43:50 PM »
my country made weed legal today

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39808 on: October 17, 2018, 08:46:25 PM »
http://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/beto-o-rourke-interview/

Damn, I can see the slogans already,
“Don’t mess with Texas. FUCK WITH BETO!”
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

ungzilla

« Reply #39809 on: October 17, 2018, 08:51:30 PM »
apparently i have a black lotus magic card at my folk's house sitting with all my crap from 1996 or something, i hope it's worth 30k and i can go on a bawtawnder