Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3061741 times)

ChrisLambe94

Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #40140 on: February 19, 2019, 02:00:36 PM »
Life.

BasedSenpai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #40141 on: February 19, 2019, 03:02:33 PM »

This. Another reason for me to like David Gravette more than I already did.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 03:08:15 PM by BasedSenpai »

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 716
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40142 on: February 19, 2019, 05:51:50 PM »
Realizing how fucking awesome Smart Casting is and, directly related, that every episode of Last Stream on the Left is now archived on adult swim.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #40143 on: February 19, 2019, 06:15:11 PM »
Being a freelance photographer can be stressful, but just got a new yearly contract with the hopes of having it be a long term project, which feels great to have more steady monthly income on top of freelance gigs.

Irvine-Sucks.com

shit_for_brains

« Reply #40144 on: February 19, 2019, 06:18:36 PM »
Being a freelance photographer can be stressful, but just got a new yearly contract with the hopes of having it be a long term project, which feels great to have more steady monthly income on top of freelance gigs.

You have my full support. I don't freelance anymore because I couldn't handle knowing it had an end date and then what? It always worked out but my brain doesn't work that way. It was always on my mind no matter how long a contract was or how much I was making. Also I'm really financially irresponsible and could wind up getting the chair for how bad I fuck up my taxes.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40145 on: February 19, 2019, 06:34:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You have my full support. I don't freelance anymore because I couldn't handle knowing it had an end date and then what? It always worked out but my brain doesn't work that way. It was always on my mind no matter how long a contract was or how much I was making. Also I'm really financially irresponsible and could wind up getting the chair for how bad I fuck up my taxes.

Yea, freelance life is a doozy and not my personality either. Thankfully with this new contract, I have 3 yearly ongoing contracts that equate to almost exactly what I was making at my old shitty, steady job, so any freelance job that comes my way feels like bonus income. And yea, learning to do taxes for the first time as a freelancer really sucks. It's the worst going through the year mentally putting aside money that's going to disappear.

Irvine-Sucks.com

theresnothinghere

• Rep: 33
  • ugly with a heart of gold
« Reply #40146 on: February 19, 2019, 07:49:49 PM »
Cass Mccombs is playing in my city next month at my favorite venue

Came back to work today to find that I got way more donations than I expected for a homeless pop up drive I've been working on. (kinda cheesy but it's been a lot of work and finally seeing it paying off) 

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #40147 on: February 20, 2019, 07:54:31 AM »
Tried a guys bmx today that fits way better than the one ive been borrowing.  Im gonna pick one up here at some point.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #40148 on: February 20, 2019, 07:57:29 AM »
got invited to a private sesh at the indoor park, no helmet no scooter kids

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 716
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40149 on: February 20, 2019, 10:18:45 AM »
Stoked that givecigstosurfgroms is going to be going to the rideBMX boards soon
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

j gil

• Rep: 1
« Reply #40150 on: February 20, 2019, 10:54:26 AM »
getting stickers

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40151 on: February 20, 2019, 02:03:02 PM »
Stoked that givecigstosurfgroms is going to be going to the rideBMX boards soon
  Buckle up bro, im slap for life.  Happy that you hate it.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 537
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #40152 on: February 20, 2019, 05:25:10 PM »
Have my internet switched back on after 11 days of bullshit

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #40153 on: February 20, 2019, 06:14:20 PM »
Expand Quote
That it's raining today , it feels tropical to me.
[close]

It is the opposite for me. It's been so wet lately in the PNW that I made a rain board just to keep my brain from melting into the vacuum pit that is winter depression.

I found a camper shell for my truck after a month of searching. I've got to do a grip of work to it, including re-fabricating a lock system and cutting the length by a foot but soon I'll have it up and ripping. I got a permit to hit Anza Borrego SP during the super bloom so I've got to late march to get it restored for my hobotat needs.

what kind of truck? what kind of camper shell? what are your plans for the inside of it? just a full bed on a platform?

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #40154 on: February 20, 2019, 06:15:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yea, freelance life is a doozy and not my personality either. Thankfully with this new contract, I have 3 yearly ongoing contracts that equate to almost exactly what I was making at my old shitty, steady job, so any freelance job that comes my way feels like bonus income. And yea, learning to do taxes for the first time as a freelancer really sucks. It's the worst going through the year mentally putting aside money that's going to disappear.

self-employed taxes suck. i pay monthly taxes on a monthly basis otherwise i always fuck myself at the end of each year.

FOGDOG

• Rep: 10
« Reply #40155 on: February 21, 2019, 08:08:25 AM »
UNC 88 - DUKE 72. If you know, you know. GO HEELS.

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 49
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
« Reply #40156 on: February 22, 2019, 09:17:18 AM »

these are gettings released next friday for $299. no more shite hd audio (crossing my fingers)
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

doublesteveburger

« Reply #40157 on: February 22, 2019, 10:57:19 PM »
Art show tonight and cleared out the wall before the night was through. Thanks adidas. Also rubbed shoulders with people from Juxtapoz Magazine. Tonight was fun.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40158 on: February 22, 2019, 11:47:50 PM »
Art show tonight and cleared out the wall before the night was through. Thanks adidas. Also rubbed shoulders with people from Juxtapoz Magazine. Tonight was fun.

Congrats man, that's awesome! I've only had one real photo show and sold 1 of 20 photos, and my Mom bought it.

Irvine-Sucks.com

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #40159 on: February 23, 2019, 06:23:49 AM »
Got my house cleaned up, painted, staged, and under contract in less than a week. Now we're under contract on a new home. This was a bit of a wild ride, but I'm stoked. I'll have a garage to put a quarter in!

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #40160 on: February 23, 2019, 09:59:49 AM »
Got my house cleaned up, painted, staged, and under contract in less than a week. Now we're under contract on a new home. This was a bit of a wild ride, but I'm stoked. I'll have a garage to put a quarter in!

Living the dream! Congrats!

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #40161 on: February 23, 2019, 12:59:42 PM »
found myself a little neolithic/early bronze age flint scraper whilst fieldwalking.  well chuffed! 

https://imgur.com/a/vp5bNHV

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40162 on: February 24, 2019, 01:41:52 PM »
I think i got gnared by SFB.  The little things can give you a smile.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #40163 on: February 25, 2019, 01:20:26 AM »
Moved in with my lover/gf. Our furniture goes together really well. She's a dream too..

The sun is shining and the weather is nice +5 Celsius so I might have to go for a skate after work today!

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #40164 on: February 25, 2019, 01:30:46 PM »
I've had fucked up busted bushings for so long now; I've just been putting up with them and skating squierrely ass trucks for a while now just cuz I've been too lazy to switch them. Finally switched em today with some new Indy aftermarkets and oh man I'm kicking myself for not having switched em out earlier. It feels soooo good to turn and carve again.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40165 on: February 26, 2019, 11:41:49 AM »
found myself a little neolithic/early bronze age flint scraper whilst fieldwalking.  well chuffed! 

https://imgur.com/a/vp5bNHV

wow sick man I love that. Are you actively looking for these or more of a hiker with a good eye ?

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #40166 on: February 27, 2019, 08:11:48 PM »

Stoked on her she's so smol

feedmeseymour

« Reply #40167 on: February 28, 2019, 06:37:03 AM »
just found out my grandpa is part of an exhibit called the texas liberator opening in march, he was in WW2 and liberated the camp of Dachau. The caption reads..

"Frank *** and his unit liberated a number of small and large german concentration camps. Most notable was his arrival in Dachau, one of the most severe camps at the time. he and his unit were first on the scene, and they were greeted by the most horrific sight of depraved conditions - crimes agains humanity.
They took the German officers prisoner, scattered the german soldiers, and providec much needed care to the prisoners that were still alive."

for further context of the camp of dachau, if youve ever seen that movie shutter island, thats the camp this scene takes place at.

edit: those soldiers were actually executed by a single dude that freaked out, he saw the dead bodies in the rail yard and went over to the group of captured soldiers and mowed them down with a machine gun. soon after there was a court marshal for that guy and patton intervened.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 06:53:01 AM by feedmeseymour »

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #40168 on: February 28, 2019, 06:49:19 AM »
Me a young bloke became the chairman of my workplaces culture club. Never done anything like this before but I'm super stoked to be leading this thing with +1700 members!

Also it was weird noticing after I was elected how peoples perception changed on me like I got instant status raise and people are now doing things for me without even asking. I guess I'm now a shepherd these are my sheep I have nourish with culture..

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40169 on: February 28, 2019, 10:13:11 AM »
Me a young bloke became the chairman of my workplaces culture club. Never done anything like this before but I'm super stoked to be leading this thing with +1700 members!

Also it was weird noticing after I was elected how peoples perception changed on me like I got instant status raise and people are now doing things for me without even asking. I guess I'm now a shepherd these are my sheep I have nourish with culture..

what's a culture club ? I can't help myself but to think about the finer things club in the office
congrats anyway man 1 700 members is huge