Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3060864 times)

guest1

Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #40230 on: March 24, 2019, 08:58:33 AM »
Cant wait to see this

mongopushingmallgraber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 31
    • Voicemail avatar image
« Reply #40231 on: March 24, 2019, 11:22:49 AM »
Been riding an incredible high for a few days now. It started with establishing a new fastest known time (FKT) on the Georgia Loop on Tuesday. This route is approximately 55-60 miles w/ at least 15K feet of vertical gain and takes most backpackers 3-5 days to hike. I ran it in 11h 19m 28s shaving nearly two hours off my previous attempt and took off over 1 hour on the previous FKT established about 26 years ago. If anyone is interested in these type of things my report is below:

https://fastestknowntime.com/fkt/ben-mercer-georgia-loop-ga-2019-03-19

The effort was the culmination of a couple years of very consistent running with a 16 week stretch of very specific training in the lead up to the attempt. Truthfully it's probably the most significant accomplishment of my life. It took a lot of hard work and time.

Since then my recovery has been coming along pretty well. Although I've been struggling to fill the caloric deficit and haven't been sleeping great I've still tried to treat myself by eating a lot of junk food and beer (Normally eat really clean). Today I was able to get out and walk/shuffle for about three miles which I was super grateful for since today was my birthday. I turned 32.

I celebrated the run and my birthday this evening with my parents by going for a really nice meal. Dinner was amazing. I had oysters and lobster bites for appetizers, followed by a 16oz prime rib cooked medium rare with black truffle butter. The sides were roasted cauliflower and brussel sprouts and mushrooms. All followed by some stupid good creme brulee, house made vanilla donuts with a fresh black cherry compote.

To top it off I had saved a bottle of Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout from 2017 for a special celebration. This made for a great night cap and the end to a week of ridiculous excess. 

It's been an amazing few days but I'm ready to get back to some normalcy.

that shit is beast, good for you my man  8)

doublesteveburger

« Reply #40232 on: March 24, 2019, 02:12:59 PM »
interviewing for a tech assistant job on tuesday and i'm surprisingly not nervous about it, pay is good too so i'll be blowing money left and right on stupid shit

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #40233 on: March 24, 2019, 03:24:31 PM »
Good luck!

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #40234 on: March 24, 2019, 05:42:54 PM »

ghettygreensili

• Rep: -9
« Reply #40235 on: March 25, 2019, 11:57:42 AM »
Weather in SF is killing it, which means I've been able to ride my bike through the park every day to work, and I'm finally going skating today after months of sitting on my ass. Also, to add to the stokage, I was asked to be a sous at the new restaurant  I've been cooking at. Fuck yeah!

Congrats on the promotion dude!
Frontside grind blind on the government

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40236 on: March 25, 2019, 04:52:14 PM »
Just submitted some photos to a magazine. More than likely nothing will come of it, but, whatever.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

doublesteveburger

« Reply #40237 on: March 26, 2019, 04:57:02 PM »

artless

• Rep: 22
  • PFFT!
    • PFFT! skate stuff avatar image
« Reply #40238 on: March 27, 2019, 08:45:54 AM »

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #40239 on: March 27, 2019, 04:22:19 PM »
First outdoor session of the year. It was at a park and I shovelled snow out of it and broke ice and swept it away in order to skate. It's the first time I ever went to that extent to skate. Only did some shitty flatground tricks and slappy attempts, but it was still so good to go out. Plus my back wasn't sore like I thought it might be.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
« Reply #40240 on: March 28, 2019, 09:19:13 AM »
First outdoor session of the year. It was at a park and I shovelled snow out of it and broke ice and swept it away in order to skate. It's the first time I ever went to that extent to skate. Only did some shitty flatground tricks and slappy attempts, but it was still so good to go out. Plus my back wasn't sore like I thought it might be.

mile end ?

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #40241 on: March 29, 2019, 10:16:13 AM »
Tonight:

I think I'd rather it be in color, but I didn't see it when it was first in theaters so it'll still be cool.

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #40242 on: March 29, 2019, 10:42:12 AM »
I finally learned bs powerslides. Foot and weight placement just clicked today, felt so good.

Other than that it’s a beautiful day, I’m off of work, eating Ethiopian food, and my little thread here is almost old enough to drive. I’m so proud.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #40243 on: March 29, 2019, 11:10:58 AM »
Tonight:

I think I'd rather it be in color, but I didn't see it when it was first in theaters so it'll still be cool.

Interesting. I feel like a lot of the desert scenes and the ridiculous costumes of the characters are enhanced by the colors. Who knows, maybe the dude blasting the guitar with the flames launching will look cool in black and white.

Irvine-Sucks.com

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 725
« Reply #40244 on: March 29, 2019, 05:06:36 PM »
good mail day: 2 picasso books and a guitar pedal. also just had my first skate of the year, though now I can't stop hacking. maybe it's time to quit smoking finally. 

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #40245 on: March 30, 2019, 04:38:17 AM »
That little turtle man.  The little thing follows me around when i take it for a walk in the park. They go fast enough i say.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #40246 on: March 30, 2019, 04:46:33 AM »
Mastered bs grinds on ledge after 29 years of irrational fear

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #40247 on: March 30, 2019, 05:56:06 AM »
good mail day: 2 picasso books and a guitar pedal. also just had my first skate of the year, though now I can't stop hacking. maybe it's time to quit smoking finally. 

What pedal did you get?

I just got a DOD carcosa fuzz for $40 on Facebook market. It's pretty wild. It can go from stooges style overdrive to super glitchy and sputtering weirdness.

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 725
« Reply #40248 on: March 30, 2019, 07:32:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What pedal did you get?

I just got a DOD carcosa fuzz for $40 on Facebook market. It's pretty wild. It can go from stooges style overdrive to super glitchy and sputtering weirdness.

Dude! I keep trying to talk myself out of getting the carcosa but I think you just convinced me,
(I'm almost at 60 pedals and at least 40 of them are fuzz/OD)
Got an old JHS Superbolt off reverb.com, nice saturated grit that mimics old supro amps and it seems to like my jag single coils. let's get that pedal thread popping blad!

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #40249 on: March 31, 2019, 08:11:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What pedal did you get?

[close]

Dude! I keep trying to talk myself out of getting the carcosa but I think you just convinced me,
(I'm almost at 60 pedals and at least 40 of them are fuzz/OD)
Got an old JHS Superbolt off reverb.com, nice saturated grit that mimics old supro amps and it seems to like my jag single coils. let's get that pedal thread popping blad!

60?! I'd be divorced if I had that many, but I've only been in the pedal game for maybe 6 months. I've got like 8 or 9 in my chain right now and more than half are dirt pedals. You can't go wrong with the Carcosa, especially how cheap you can find them. I've been on a big DOD kick and got a 250 preamp and a Gunslinger recently too and both of those smoke. Got my eyes on the Gonkulator too.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #40250 on: March 31, 2019, 10:38:46 AM »
Just got officially clear by a doctor to go back to work at y full capacity after wrecking my knee a few days after christmas.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

glassbrain

• Rep: -8
« Reply #40251 on: March 31, 2019, 12:46:11 PM »
Yesterday at the park there was a group of bout 8 girls who just met eachother learning to skate, no parents just them, it was sick. Probably happens in bigger cities but this is a small town. A few even stayed into the night to keep skating, taking slams like a pro and getting back up.

Only bummer is theyre like 15, not actually a bummer at all, its actually a good thing, but... you know. Its just my dream is have a skate girlfriend, get a sweaty session together, then hit the car for some sweaty post session sex. Anyway, it was sick seeing a girl skate crew start to form.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #40252 on: March 31, 2019, 01:51:15 PM »
Yesterday at the park there was a group of bout 8 girls who just met eachother learning to skate, no parents just them, it was sick. Probably happens in bigger cities but this is a small town. A few even stayed into the night to keep skating, taking slams like a pro and getting back up.

Only bummer is theyre like 15, not actually a bummer at all, its actually a good thing, but... you know. Its just my dream is have a skate girlfriend, get a sweaty session together, then hit the car for some sweaty post session sex. Anyway, it was sick seeing a girl skate crew start to form.

It's a shame they were kids so you can't fuck them, because you want to?

glassbrain

« Reply #40253 on: March 31, 2019, 02:08:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

On the deepest psychology level, yes, thats totally why.

I feel too old to fuck a chick without her having the look of stress of life itself on her face. But they gonna grow up to be to be pretty tho.

Wouldnt it be cooler if you could fuck all 8 though? Are you gay? Or asexual maybe? Its cool if you are. lgbt.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #40254 on: March 31, 2019, 06:17:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I feel too old to fuck a chick without her having the look of stress of life itself on her face. But they gonna grow up to be to be pretty tho.

Wouldnt it be cooler if you could fuck all 8 though? Are you gay? Or asexual maybe? Its cool if you are. lgbt.

I just don't see 15 year olds and think it's a shame I can't fuck them. Like you. Because you wish you could fuck children.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1208
« Reply #40255 on: March 31, 2019, 06:23:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I just don't see 15 year olds and think it's a shame I can't fuck them. Like you. Because you wish you could fuck children.

Come on, you don't think it'd be a total dream come true to have stinky sex with 8 children?
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

glassbrain

« Reply #40256 on: March 31, 2019, 06:41:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I just thought it was a shame it wasnt a big group of 21 year olds with with big boobs skating instead. Hence why I say its actually a good thing theyre young, so we can just focus on the skating. Your fantasy of wanting me to fuck kids is something you created in your mind, possibly because you could be a pedophile.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #40257 on: March 31, 2019, 06:45:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I just thought it was a shame it wasnt a big group of 21 year olds with with big boobs skating instead. Hence why I say its actually a good thing theyre young, so we can just focus on the skating. Your fantasy of wanting me to fuck kids is something you created in your mind, possibly because you could be a pedophile.

you're sharktits again aren't you

glassbrain

« Reply #40258 on: March 31, 2019, 06:48:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

No, I am your mortal enemy

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40259 on: April 01, 2019, 06:22:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Glassbrain sounds more like GISM or one of get anime accounts on here.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.