Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 2105721 times)

cosmicgypsies

• Rep: 68
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #40230 on: July 09, 2018, 09:24:56 AM »
nice, what city is that?
maybe you can get the neighborhood kids invested in it/help build or watch it?
cement is harder to smash/doesn't burn than wood. that said, sometimes it's easier to work in lighter materials, you just know it's temporary that way.

North East of the UK. I don't know what skatepark culture is like over in the US but here most parks are filled with kids/teens there solely to fuck about, drink alcohol and wheelie mountain bikes. It's bad enough at parks nevermind somewhere vaguely out of the way so I'd predict a lot of smashed glass and general delinquency. There's two other DIY's around here and both of them had their fair share of being fucked up ie fires set, floor tiles ripped up, wet crete fucked up. I remember about a year ago it took us 3 trips back to this one fenced off tunnel spot to break through the fence, get a flatbar etc down there and the place got blown out by those type of kids in under a week so for this place as arrogant as it sounds I think we're gonna try and keep it just us who are solely focused on skating as opposed to those who'd skate it but also bring friends to fuck about and they'd bring friends and so forth. We have been skating this little plaza spot in the town but it's rapidly been attracting more and more people who don't skate which I can't blame them as they have just as much right to be there as we do but at the same time they're also the same people fucking the place up, causing a nuisance, littering etc.

I would like to try and put some crete down but honestly I feel like I'd be the only person who'd actually put money/effort into it. There is alot of hardcore/rubble a stones throw from the spot so creting would be pretty doable. At the moment what I'd like to do is get some no more nails on those rubber fence post feet and fill them up with rubble so they're more solid and also find some more wood and make that wallie double sided. Will try and get some more pics next time I'm there.

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #40231 on: July 10, 2018, 01:47:52 PM »
Went to an 80's night with some friends the other night, but I've never danced in my life (except one slow dance at my sophomore semi lol) and the event was at a bar. I had little to no desire to drink and actually enjoyed dancing! I'm really stoked this experience proved that I can still enjoy myself and break out of comfort zones without alcohol. Maybe it was a combination of factors like actually enjoying the music and being in good company, but whatever it was, I'm stoked!

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Rep: 18
« Reply #40232 on: July 10, 2018, 03:28:32 PM »
Made it to New Orleans last night. Long ass train ride from Atlanta but still stoked on hostels, 24 hour bars, humidity skate shop, and nice locals buying me beers and showing me where to get po’boys.

Austin Texas up next another 24 hour train ride.

I sniff my own butthole all the time

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • fresh as monkey's breath
« Reply #40233 on: July 10, 2018, 03:37:49 PM »
15 pullups, i'm a fucking machine!!!
we having a meeting about a community skate shop at our DIY next wk. idk if its just 2nd hand stuff for dirty ghetto kids or if we can finagle a budget from philanthropists but it's good to be doing something for a community even if i don't care about the individual members of said community. it feels good on the macro.
existential batman didn't fight crime and shoot errant dogs because he enjoyed it, he did it because nobody else would.

LB

• Rep: 5
« Reply #40234 on: July 11, 2018, 05:18:46 AM »
farmers cropping his field this week so i can go dig up some awesome shit i find with my metal detector

feedmeseymour

• Rep: 140
  • If you push mongo switch, you're wack.
« Reply #40235 on: July 11, 2018, 05:56:20 AM »
farmers cropping his field this week so i can go dig up some awesome shit i find with my metal detector

im interested... ever found anything awesome? how much did you drop on your metal detector? how often do you find stuff when you go out looking?
Schmitty is a SLAP message board pussy.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 41
« Reply #40236 on: July 11, 2018, 06:05:00 AM »
Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, cuz, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
Buckaroo Banzai.

LB

« Reply #40237 on: July 11, 2018, 06:08:48 AM »
yes, over 300 roman bronze coins, 8 silver.  about 20 medieval silver pennies.  bit of bronze age gold ribbon.  saxon strap end.  lots of roman brooches and a couple of iron age and also a saxon one.
the best entry level machine by far is goldenmask1+ due to ease of use, excellent performance and plenty good enough for dedicated enthusiasts too. wont need to upgrade. theyre about £250.
every field has victorian coins and buckles and stuff but the really ancient stuff is localised, all about finding the right spot through research/map studies/blind luck.  but you could find anything anywhere, that adds to the buzz.  90% of what you dig up is modern shite.  but even a bad day you get fresh air and exercise.
detectorists is amazing program, love it

feedmeseymour

• Rep: 140
  • If you push mongo switch, you're wack.
« Reply #40238 on: July 11, 2018, 08:31:15 AM »
yes, over 300 roman bronze coins, 8 silver.  about 20 medieval silver pennies.  bit of bronze age gold ribbon.  saxon strap end.  lots of roman brooches and a couple of iron age and also a saxon one.
the best entry level machine by far is goldenmask1+ due to ease of use, excellent performance and plenty good enough for dedicated enthusiasts too. wont need to upgrade. theyre about £250.
every field has victorian coins and buckles and stuff but the really ancient stuff is localised, all about finding the right spot through research/map studies/blind luck.  but you could find anything anywhere, that adds to the buzz.  90% of what you dig up is modern shite.  but even a bad day you get fresh air and exercise.
detectorists is amazing program, love it

damn thats awesome, im not sure id have that luck looking in america but im pretty tempted. i do live in the oldest town in my state so maybe ill start looking on craigslist for a metal detector.
Schmitty is a SLAP message board pussy.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -38
« Reply #40239 on: July 11, 2018, 08:36:21 AM »
I randomly came up on this for a steal for 500rmb for a friend who got married and is moving to Europe

I've never filmed with anything past my phone and a Gopro my sister gave me so this should be a fun thing to play with. Anyone  got any suggestions?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

cosmicgypsies

• Rep: 68
« Reply #40240 on: July 11, 2018, 08:40:49 AM »
stock up on tapes, batteries and another minidv cam to capture footage from. dont play shit back on it and dont reuse tapes. can probably chuck an opteka 58mm on there too.

LB

« Reply #40241 on: July 11, 2018, 02:59:54 PM »

damn thats awesome, im not sure id have that luck looking in america but im pretty tempted. i do live in the oldest town in my state so maybe ill start looking on craigslist for a metal detector.

do it!  metals not as old but still some grreat stuff to find.  you got insanely beautiful native american flint tools to find too, if i was over there id be walking ploughed fields and rummaging around in creek beds

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #40242 on: July 13, 2018, 08:26:24 AM »
Live 3 hours from the beach but never went. Ima hit it up this summer and check out some butts and eat some acid lookin out into the Atlantic. They do fireworks every Thursday too. I don't know why the fuck I never thought of this.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #40243 on: July 13, 2018, 04:59:40 PM »
I had 8 alien workshop graphics laying around and I just sent them to Mike Hill.
Pendeleton saw them before and he liked them a lot.

Pretty sure I'll NEVER hear from AWS, but hey, at least I gave it a shot...

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 76
  • AndyRoysNeck
« Reply #40244 on: July 13, 2018, 08:35:05 PM »
i finally received my tax refund. i'm about to ball momentarily, especially if this new job pans out.
also i am able to ollie again, still scared to try a kickflip because my ankle still hurts but still very happy it didn't cripple me totally. 

and lastly my music projects have been coming along nicely

Trashcon

• Rep: 4
« Reply #40245 on: July 14, 2018, 02:39:34 AM »
Had my annual evaluation at work today and got a raise! Small but still a raise. Cheers dudes.

I sniff my own butthole all the time

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • fresh as monkey's breath
« Reply #40246 on: July 15, 2018, 02:15:35 PM »

dickfish

• Rep: 17
« Reply #40247 on: July 15, 2018, 03:02:51 PM »
skateparkdesigner, did you design this nutty flatbar over a 6 flat 1? cause if so, keep up the good work.
so some girl boardslid it straight to the gram.
so many ripping girls out there, 10 yrs ago we'd never even know about.

poorlatino

• Rep: 40
« Reply #40248 on: July 15, 2018, 03:52:49 PM »
Skates like Sean Pablo

You take up my time like a cheap magazine.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 19
« Reply #40249 on: July 16, 2018, 11:03:58 AM »

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 15
  • sup breh
« Reply #40250 on: July 17, 2018, 11:49:19 AM »
i missed out on the re-launch of Jimmy Gorecki’s sweatpants company and commented on the Instagram post “shit! Was hoping to grab a pair after my shift, blah blah blah” just shouting into the void for fun. Within 5 minutes he DM’d me asking what size I wanted, got me in touch with his business partner, and they got me sorted. He even followed me on IG! Super nice dude who definitely did not have to go out of his way like that. Really made my day.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -167
« Reply #40251 on: July 17, 2018, 12:50:15 PM »
My work catered some street tacos for lunch today. Had like 6 of em.. i'm fat n' happy.
Might take a nap under my desk