Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3061621 times)

WastedHippy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #40380 on: May 26, 2019, 07:12:02 PM »
I landed my first real krook today. Some context- I quit skating in 1994 to ride BMX. That grind (at least with the ollie into it) had not come into vogue just yet, so when I started skating again about a year ago, I had no experience with it. I decided that it was something that I wanted to learn and began my journey. As it turned out, getting into it and grinding was easy, I just couldn't come off of the knee high ledge that I was trying it on. This battle raged from this past September until today. I just decided to go faster and ollie higher. I wanted to get it done before my 44th birthday next month, and I landed it bolts. It was wild...there was no struggle to catch my balance back, no toe or heel drag, nothing squirrelly at all. It was just clean.

Very stoked.

That is rad and the feeling that comes from that is what keeps the love of skateboarding. It's even more satisfying when you put the work in and you get the results whether its day/weeks/months later.

SirPizzaSlayer

• Rep: -72
  • Pizza Griptape
« Reply #40381 on: May 26, 2019, 11:38:07 PM »
I’m stoked that I’m going to a jc next summer for a program 😎

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #40382 on: May 27, 2019, 06:05:18 PM »
  Found a vid on yt called "Skate city 1982"  with Hosoi Billy Ruff and Neil Blender wins it.  A bunch of parking lot footy with Cab Blender Hosoi Lester and others.  Hosoi is 2 apples tall and laughs the whole time.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #40383 on: May 27, 2019, 11:32:58 PM »
about a week ago i found a bunch of old pokemon cards at the goodwill for $11 and  i just flipped em all on ebay for 150 plus shipping
even the steven

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #40384 on: May 29, 2019, 11:22:48 AM »
I have an MRI coming up on Friday for my knees. I'm pretty ecstatic. It's been five months and I still can't walk without pain. If I could just push again, it would mean the world.  ;D
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40385 on: May 29, 2019, 01:04:46 PM »
I used to see one of Eric Claptons ex's.  I just remembered that and it feels relieving strangely enough to have even such a tiny connection to pop culture.  Kinda lame claim but whatever.

bestdudever

• Rep: -14
« Reply #40386 on: May 30, 2019, 11:38:46 AM »
my doc didnt pay attention to the prescription timing and now i have double the xan this month, 120 bars. hehe. he. hehehe hahahahaha AHAHAHA

time to drop some serious n bombs in public.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #40387 on: May 30, 2019, 11:39:58 AM »
I used to babysit for Eric Clapton but fucked up big time

You're right making up quotes is fun

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40388 on: May 30, 2019, 11:44:34 AM »
Expand Quote
I used to babysit for Eric Clapton but fucked up big time
[close]

You're right making up quotes is fun
  Work away bud.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1591
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #40389 on: May 30, 2019, 07:19:15 PM »
I used to see one of Eric Claptons ex's.  I just remembered that and it feels relieving strangely enough to have even such a tiny connection to pop culture.  Kinda lame claim but whatever.

Forgive me for asking, but I must... when performing oral sex, did you refer to her as "Layla" and then further state "you've got me on my knees Layla".

Also, did she ever comment on his finger game? Presumably, Eric Clapton is a finger blaster extraordinaire.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #40390 on: May 30, 2019, 08:00:16 PM »
I heard his hands were, in fact, too slow.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40391 on: May 30, 2019, 09:29:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Forgive me for asking, but I must... when performing oral sex, did you refer to her as "Layla" and then further state "you've got me on my knees Layla".

Also, did she ever comment on his finger game? Presumably, Eric Clapton is a finger blaster extraordinaire.
  I dunno.  She was kinda matter of fact about it.  She new somthing was up with me cause i was getting into heroin and showing up at her house.  I guess hes a junkie.  Classy lady really.  Art curriator i think.  I was 27 and she was 42.  She had it goin on.  When i 1st asked her for her phone number it was the 1st words i'd spoken to her.  We sat together for the bus trip from whistler to vancouver.  I started holding her hand 10mins before her stop after having no conversation with her at all.  She was like "this is my stop" so i asked, "whats ur phone #?". 

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40392 on: May 30, 2019, 09:56:15 PM »
I heard his hands were, in fact, too slow.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #40393 on: May 31, 2019, 03:18:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
  I dunno.  She was kinda matter of fact about it.  She new somthing was up with me cause i was getting into heroin and showing up at her house.  I guess hes a junkie.  Classy lady really.  Art curriator i think.  I was 27 and she was 42.  She had it goin on.  When i 1st asked her for her phone number it was the 1st words i'd spoken to her.  We sat together for the bus trip from whistler to vancouver.  I started holding her hand 10mins before her stop after having no conversation with her at all.  She was like "this is my stop" so i asked, "whats ur phone #?".

lol you creep, who tf just reaches for a hand out of nowhere

shit_for_brains

« Reply #40394 on: May 31, 2019, 06:32:20 AM »
givecigstosurfgroms is Vince Li?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40395 on: May 31, 2019, 06:50:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

lol you creep, who tf just reaches for a hand out of nowhere

Well i spouse I initiated it but it was mutual.  Our hands were just sitting 2 inches apart forever it seemed.  I literally inched a finger over and the connection just happened.   
  I'll tell you another one.  I walked into a art gallery in a hotel and starting chatting up the girl working.  It was near closing time and in walks in a rich couple that wanted her attention.  So I said to her. "Alrite I'll see you later babe," and grabbed her around the waist and kissed her like she was my girlfriend in front of the customers who were none the wiser.  The look on this girls face let me tell you.  -we started dating.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40396 on: May 31, 2019, 07:11:27 AM »
  Ha my ex broke up with her guy fter 10 years so I facebooked her an hour ago.  She wants to have a coffee!!  She blows peoples minds with how she looks for her age (40).   Shes a good conversationalist too.  I have no business with a girl this successful either. Not that she wants to hook up again.  Im dont wanna get my hopes up.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #40397 on: May 31, 2019, 09:02:07 AM »
This guy fucks

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #40398 on: May 31, 2019, 09:50:24 AM »
Getting a box with 3 decks a month
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40399 on: May 31, 2019, 10:10:47 AM »
This guy fucks
   When I can get my dick to go up.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #40400 on: May 31, 2019, 03:13:26 PM »
HBO is premiering the Deadwood movie tonight, and I am beside myself with pure stoke.

SirPizzaSlayer

• Pizza Griptape
« Reply #40401 on: May 31, 2019, 08:50:24 PM »
Kinda late on the train for this but twin peaks. I’ve never really been one for tv dramas or being a fan of a series on tv but when I sat myself down to watch this I think I fell in love almost instantly. Coop and Audrey are my top favorite characters. They should be a thing so fucking bad.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #40402 on: May 31, 2019, 08:55:24 PM »
better late then never . it’s about time to revisit . i just finished the deadwood movie , it was good .

SirPizzaSlayer

• Pizza Griptape
« Reply #40403 on: May 31, 2019, 09:20:31 PM »
AUDREY KISSED COOP!!!!!!!

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #40404 on: June 01, 2019, 01:12:41 PM »
fellow slapper supremeneckprotector is in town and we went out skating today. it was super rad and he is the sweetest dude <3 also the first time i skated with someone i got to know through slap.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #40405 on: June 03, 2019, 04:57:54 PM »
Became a dad about 5 months ago. It's been a huge life change, obviously, but couldn't be more stoked on this little guy. His name's Sawyer and apparently is super pumped by the touch of a female on his dome.

Irvine-Sucks.com

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40406 on: June 03, 2019, 07:56:36 PM »
  Ha -that bottom photo!^

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #40407 on: June 03, 2019, 08:55:28 PM »
just stoked on all the shit i used to love doing. i had a pretty intense breakdown when i lost my job and thought i was gonna be homeless, much like a mutant from the marvel universe instead of folding i discovered my talents. i was not aware of how desensitized i had become. it's really awesome to wake up excited for all the stuff im gonna get done that day.

also, i started wearing ankle weights 24/7 to see if it helps my ollies and shit. so far it seems to be working very well!
even the steven

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #40408 on: June 04, 2019, 05:22:36 PM »
The Chrome store in town is going out of business so everything is 40% off. Got 80$ off a super nice backpack. Also Sunday is my last shift at my old job (no more night shift!) and I get to start my new job after my final for the quarter and they’re way more flexible with school then the one im leaving.

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #40409 on: June 04, 2019, 10:05:06 PM »
today i played music with my best friend from back in the day -- we learned how to play music together and put together bands in high school, so our synchronicity was always on point. we picked up right where we left off, felt good as new and i hadnt seem him for like 5 years. stoked as shit !