Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3056990 times)

Mooley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #29190 on: March 25, 2012, 09:45:13 PM »
just danced on stage with feist at royal albert hall and gave her a hug ;D also met james mercer from the shins earlier in the week

Stoked for you man, Feist played probably one of the top 5 shows I've ever seen when I saw her here.

Lance Meowntain

• Rep: -3
« Reply #29191 on: March 25, 2012, 09:49:16 PM »
You know how we all know you are stoked on this? Because you already started a thread about the "skate season" as a thinly veiled disguise to show us this video.

Back To Weston - 60s Or Less Ep.1
Im stoked on this new edit! Haha check it out guys, thanks!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 09:51:16 PM by Lance Meowntain »

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #29192 on: March 26, 2012, 06:37:31 AM »
Expand Quote
just danced on stage with feist at royal albert hall and gave her a hug ;D also met james mercer from the shins earlier in the week
[close]

Stoked for you man, Feist played probably one of the top 5 shows I've ever seen when I saw her here.

would definitely agree, she was brilliant.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #29193 on: March 26, 2012, 09:40:41 AM »
the clocks going back, now i can skate 2 hours after work errday!

Greg Ostertag

• Rep: 47
  • Trabajo sucio
« Reply #29194 on: March 26, 2012, 09:59:49 AM »

The Home Depot "Team Depot" volunteer project at a local elementary school that was damaged by a tornado. I'm the dude in the second row, center-ish with the tan hat.

Even made local news.
http://dallas.11alive.com/news/news/108114-help-desk-volunteers-help-re-landscape-poole-elementary-school

It was super fun, and it felt good to give back.

I respect how orange you bleed, man.
I'm bitter as fuck about working there.
Cold Ghengis

VictoriousOG

« Reply #29195 on: March 26, 2012, 02:02:25 PM »
Got hooked up at the Pizza joint in the food court today with a slice, salad, chips, gatorade, and a redbull for $1.85!

bust.factor

• Rep: 20
  • Madvillain Bistro Bed and Breakfast Bar and Grill
« Reply #29196 on: March 26, 2012, 02:43:00 PM »
just got into Hunter College! stoked

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #29197 on: March 26, 2012, 04:56:10 PM »
Found this while doing some spring cleaning :)

you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

Tale Crab

• Rep: 350
« Reply #29198 on: March 26, 2012, 05:27:32 PM »
I wish that I could, even if it was just for one day, be awesome like that.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #29199 on: March 26, 2012, 05:52:04 PM »
Since I am out of the Army on Friday, I kinda don't give a fuck.  Today, I didn't even go to work.  I rode motorcycles all day and got sunburned.  You might say, "But they'll know you were goofing off because of your red ass face!"  To that I'll say, "That's ok, because they won't see my red ass face because I'm gonna do the same shit again tomorrow."

Now I'm eating pizza and drinking beer in my empty and watching all of the Deathwish movies.

What do you ride Hate? I want to bring up my old Triumph from Cincinnati but I have no where to put it.

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #29200 on: March 26, 2012, 11:49:53 PM »
Expand Quote

The Home Depot "Team Depot" volunteer project at a local elementary school that was damaged by a tornado. I'm the dude in the second row, center-ish with the tan hat.

Even made local news.
http://dallas.11alive.com/news/news/108114-help-desk-volunteers-help-re-landscape-poole-elementary-school

It was super fun, and it felt good to give back.
[close]

I respect how orange you bleed, man.
I'm bitter as fuck about working there.

you know i was having a conversation with a coworker about my "orange bleeding". I dont know what it is, but i fell in love with the company, there's a lot I'm bitter about as well, but the positive outweighs the negative 10-fold. But i know how some people could be bitter about it.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

holsten pils

• Rep: 13
« Reply #29201 on: March 27, 2012, 03:16:12 AM »

Harem

« Reply #29202 on: March 27, 2012, 03:54:42 AM »
I went into the shitty surf shop near my place & walked out with Mystery Black & White, DVS Skate More & The Foundation box set all for less then $15.

Also picked up the latest issue of VICE which I have a album review in. Stoked  ;D

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #29203 on: March 27, 2012, 03:17:02 PM »
the weather in the UK has been incredible, worn shorts all week, loved it!
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #29204 on: March 27, 2012, 03:47:04 PM »
the weather in the UK has been incredible, worn shorts all week, loved it!
definitely agree

also, the new Beach House record leaked guys, here's a link. Im downloading at the moment, stoked!
http://uploaded.to/file/q5cotahf

Harem

« Reply #29205 on: March 27, 2012, 04:50:28 PM »
It leaked a few weeks ago!

It's basically what you expect from Beach House. Not much progression in their 4 albums. But I don't mind.

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29206 on: March 27, 2012, 05:16:01 PM »
oh shit, ive been slow then! yeah, little disappointed to be honest with the lack of progression, Myth got my hopes up for this album but it seems like a slight step backwards from Teen Dream. Still a really great album though, and I know i'll be listening a lot in the coming weeks.

SteamyRayVaughan

• Rep: 9
« Reply #29207 on: March 27, 2012, 05:34:35 PM »
found these stickers in a seldom-visited drawer today

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #29208 on: March 27, 2012, 07:10:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Since I am out of the Army on Friday, I kinda don't give a fuck.  Today, I didn't even go to work.  I rode motorcycles all day and got sunburned.  You might say, "But they'll know you were goofing off because of your red ass face!"  To that I'll say, "That's ok, because they won't see my red ass face because I'm gonna do the same shit again tomorrow."

Now I'm eating pizza and drinking beer in my empty and watching all of the Deathwish movies.

[close]
What do you ride Hate? I want to bring up my old Triumph from Cincinnati but I have no where to put it.
[close]

Triumph Bonneville T100!  What about you?  That sucks you can't bring it.  I've been blessed with a garage and I do some work with a smalltime shop in KC where we build cafe racers.  Working on my dad's Thruxton next week!
I inherited my grandfather's 1969 T120 Bonneville, me and my pops restored it when I was still living at home cause he left it to sit in a garage until 2004 maybe?  but I haven't ridden it in so long I don't know what shape its in. I'm trying to find a picture on my laptop but I can't, it must be buried in all my work stuff  :'(

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29209 on: March 27, 2012, 07:35:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Triumph Bonneville T100!  What about you?  That sucks you can't bring it.  I've been blessed with a garage and I do some work with a smalltime shop in KC where we build cafe racers.  Working on my dad's Thruxton next week!
[close]
I inherited my grandfather's 1969 T120 Bonneville, me and my pops restored it when I was still living at home cause he left it to sit in a garage until 2004 maybe?  but I haven't ridden it in so long I don't know what shape its in. I'm trying to find a picture on my laptop but I can't, it must be buried in all my work stuff  :'(
[close]

I hope you find it, I love seeing the actual vintage ones.  This one is mine.  I nearly laid it down once and scratched the factory pipes, so I put these ones on for fun.  Still have the OG ones and they're buffed out.  Might swap back so it's all original.

The pipes you put on are sick. I'll dig more tomorrow, it might be on my external drive. Mine is completely original, with the exception of a mirror that my dumb ass broke moving it, I did the paint myself in metallic gold flake, and did sloppy black pinstriping myself too. its not the prettiest but I'm more attached to the significance of it than anything and of course when I learned to ride it I laid it down twice, that was before I restored it though thank god. not that it would've made much of a difference

Sgt.Pepper

• Rep: -167
« Reply #29210 on: March 27, 2012, 08:52:40 PM »
My Ex girlfriend is letting me borrow all her Dead Kennedys albums!!!!
"I'd be a teenage virgin, jerking off in my bedroom
 if I wasnt a 20 year old virgin that didn't have a bedroom."

Archie Bunker

• Rep: 17
  • I've got the juice now
« Reply #29211 on: March 27, 2012, 09:52:03 PM »
andre nickatina is doing a show in my town at this really grimy club called the roadhouse on the 16th of next month.  I dont think anybody who doesn't skate in my town has ever even heard of him hahahaha
Bitch I'm 'bout it 'bout it

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #29212 on: March 27, 2012, 10:00:11 PM »
my memere died the week before this past thanksgiving. she was the raddest, kindest, most loving person i've known. a true buddha.
although i'm bummed on her death, today would've been her 78th birthday. she loved drinking bud light and playing cards. i'm swilling a bud in her memory  i'm stoked on having loved such a beautiful soul.

. 03.27.34. much love mem!

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #29213 on: March 28, 2012, 01:30:44 AM »

How did it take me so long to watch this show. Fuck it's actually too good.

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #29214 on: March 28, 2012, 05:18:05 AM »
Got me an iMac, stoked on the big screen, feeling all fancy. It's really fun so far.
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #29215 on: March 28, 2012, 06:40:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Got me an iMac, stoked on the big screen, feeling all fancy. It's really fun so far.
[close]

My wife's iMac makes me hate my old shitty laptop so much.  It's like having a brand new luxury car, but driving an unreliable beater.

:D nice metaphor.
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #29216 on: March 28, 2012, 06:49:08 AM »
I just watched this video, and Im super psyched to go skate right now. I never tried slappys, but I found a perfect curb on my way from work, so Im gonna try to learn them on that shit.

Jason Adams Knows Thunder Trucks Fall 2010

David

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #29217 on: March 28, 2012, 09:52:15 AM »

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #29218 on: March 28, 2012, 11:49:43 AM »
Having a music nerd day. Downloaded some new albums, bought a ticket to a Refused reunion show, and ordered some stuff from Bridge 9 Records.  ;D

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #29219 on: March 28, 2012, 12:06:58 PM »
Just got my REI yearly dividend in the mail. Gonna go down there and either get myself a new knife, or a headlamp.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW