Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3057263 times)

pancake man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #29220 on: March 28, 2012, 02:34:02 PM »
Was found not guilty in my OUI case, finally after six months I can breath a bit more easier

DMH

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #29221 on: March 28, 2012, 03:06:00 PM »
So, without publicizing it AT ALL, K-State brought Mos Def to Manhattan, KS for tonight as a speaker, and I think he's doing some poetry, too. Yeah.

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Rep: -65513
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #29222 on: March 28, 2012, 03:16:55 PM »
I just watched this video, and Im super psyched to go skate right now. I never tried slappys, but I found a perfect curb on my way from work, so Im gonna try to learn them on that shit.

Jason Adams Knows Thunder Trucks Fall 2010

this

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #29223 on: March 28, 2012, 09:48:59 PM »
I am stoked on Hate!. Not only has he become the security guard against shit posting he also just donated some skate products to kids that will never be able to afford a skateboard. PM me if you want to be as rad as Hate! and send stuff. OK, so this entire post is a shameless plug but it is for a good cause. I need shit tons of trucks. Trucks people. Mail me your old trucks. They are sitting in your damn closet right now. Don't you feel guilty not helping these kids?

Skateboarders Of Timor - Leste

Edit: And I always throw this out - if you can pay your way, let me know if you want to go there. It will be the experience of a lifetime, I can promise that.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 09:55:41 PM by happenstance »

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #29224 on: March 28, 2012, 10:54:52 PM »
Just got my REI yearly dividend in the mail. Gonna go down there and either get myself a new knife, or a headlamp.

i want a nice knife, something to casually play with or lodge into my wooden coffee table when my roommate's annoying friends come over.

myrrh

• Rep: 2
« Reply #29225 on: March 29, 2012, 08:34:06 AM »
Got a juicer yesterday, best thing Ive bought in ages.Currently drinking some yellow mango/pear/apple/ginger/peach juice.

poocrusher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 329
« Reply #29226 on: March 29, 2012, 10:54:01 AM »

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #29227 on: March 29, 2012, 11:54:47 AM »
After 11 years of riding a motorcycle, I am finally legal.  So fucking grateful I never got pulled over.

My apartment is packed and I am getting ready to clean it.

Out of the Army tomorrow and moving home to KC to finish my degree and actually live in the same state as my wife.

Monday morning, 8am is my first free skate session.  It will be in the KC Crossroads art district.  Looking forward to this a lot.

im stoked for you, brother! you made it out!

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #29228 on: March 29, 2012, 12:03:39 PM »
Expand Quote
I am stoked on Hate!. Not only has he become the security guard against shit posting he also just donated some skate products to kids that will never be able to afford a skateboard. PM me if you want to be as rad as Hate! and send stuff. OK, so this entire post is a shameless plug but it is for a good cause. I need shit tons of trucks. Trucks people. Mail me your old trucks. They are sitting in your damn closet right now. Don't you feel guilty not helping these kids?

Skateboarders Of Timor - Leste

Edit: And I always throw this out - if you can pay your way, let me know if you want to go there. It will be the experience of a lifetime, I can promise that.
[close]

How much did it cost to get there?� Is that all you cover?� How long do you go for?
The organization that hosts you prefers to have people there for at least three months but since skaters are hard to come by (I am the only one who went) they would love to have you there any amount of time. I was there for a month and it went by really fast. I wish I was there for much longer.

As far as how much it will cost, that is sort of the issue. It is pretty remote. You can get a ticket for between $1000-$3000 depending on where you fly through and how early in advance you pay. It is more about where you fly through though.

Once you get there you will have to pay for stuff but food is damn cheap and lodging can be really cheap. I stayed in the house of the person who ran the organization (she is American) and paid $300 for the month and that was a western style condo. You can stay in a decent hotel for about the same price. You could also choose to live with a Timorese family and it could be free or up to $100 tops. I probably should have done this the whole time though I did stay with people for maybe a week and a half total out of the month I was there. On the weekends I would usually go to some rural area with one of the Timorese people from the organization. The situations can vary but I will say it is very far from the Western amenities we are used to. Staying in the rural areas or at friends houses are some of my best memories.

I will say that I promise you will have the time of your life. There is a pretty good chance you will get to meet the president and Nobel Laureate Jose Ramos Horta (that is the dude in my avatar). The women that runs the organization tries to make that happen for anyone that volunteers. He is one of the few world leaders I have any respect for (and I had this respect before I met him - it was a country I studied a lot). If you do meet him you will probably also meet some other really interesting people (I got to hang out with the son of the environmental minister of the Philippines, a German director, an Oxford PhD, the crew of the largest Australian fishing magazine and 2 Australian playboy models. It was pretty rad [Beyond the models, the director and PhD were hot too. Mandible, you should go and slay dragons. I will just throw it out there that if you are single - as I was not when I was there - there are definitely opportunities. I met tons of international girls at bars, parties, etc. Every time I told girls I was there teaching skateboarding, they would swoon!]). The country is a picturesque tropical paradise, you can visit a even smaller and really rad island on the weekend, there is actually stuff to do there at night, there are some street spots (some decent ones, no joke), you will get to meet people from all over the world, the locals will be super gracious and invite you to their houses or home villages (as I mentioned) and all in all I can promise it is an experience of a lifetime. Teaching the kids to skate everyday and just seeing how stoked they were was life-changing for me. It is well worth your time and money, seriously.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 12:11:04 PM by happenstance »

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #29229 on: March 29, 2012, 03:23:58 PM »
This is a cool story.  A man out on a hike got attacked by a mountain lion and a bear came to his rescue.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/29/bear-saves-man-from-mountain-lion_n_1388219.html?ref=canada&ir=Canada

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #29230 on: March 29, 2012, 03:42:12 PM »
Just got out of a meeting with my boss, got a fucking raise!  ;D

ciaran

• Rep: 22
« Reply #29231 on: March 29, 2012, 04:11:40 PM »

via Rattray's blog.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #29232 on: March 29, 2012, 08:05:37 PM »
nick trapassos sweet gelled hair and mustache

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #29233 on: March 29, 2012, 08:17:20 PM »
Just got Mouse, The End, CKY2K, 411 8, and a bunch of other vhs' for free.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

hesaidwhat?

• Rep: -2
« Reply #29234 on: March 29, 2012, 10:30:27 PM »
found the complete worked out solution set to my ENTIRE calc textbook...   i am really behind and this is super helpful

PTDK

• Rep: 29
« Reply #29235 on: March 30, 2012, 07:33:37 AM »
It's FRIDAY BITCHES! Gonna go have old man skate sesh on my lunch break.

Congratufuckinlations hate.
For a European who has never been to Walmart...is Walmart really like this? Like place where blacks hang out and act all weird?

Just curious.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #29236 on: March 30, 2012, 07:59:18 AM »
moving to Arizona in a week!

Brandon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #29237 on: March 30, 2012, 10:09:05 AM »
interviewing for a copywriter position at a tax software company next wednesday.  first "legit" job interview in quite awhile, so i'm stoked

ciaran

« Reply #29238 on: March 30, 2012, 12:00:46 PM »
Ordered a new computer.  Dual 8-core Xeons, 64Gb RAM & a couple of SSDs.  Costing me the trade deficit of an African dictatorship, but it'll be worth it in the long term.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #29239 on: March 30, 2012, 01:27:32 PM »
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #29240 on: March 30, 2012, 02:28:33 PM »
Got a juicer yesterday, best thing Ive bought in ages.Currently drinking some yellow mango/pear/apple/ginger/peach juice.

theyre awesome. when my body is feeling shitty ill make a spinach/lettuce/celery/cucumber/lemon combo and ill feel tons better. ive actually grown to like the taste as well. stoked that its my birthday tomorrow

ciaran

« Reply #29241 on: March 30, 2012, 05:17:27 PM »
+1 on the smoothie/juice tip.   Carrot, apple juice, banana, fresh ginger, pineapple, strawberries & a handful of muesli works for me.

DMH

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #29242 on: March 30, 2012, 06:54:22 PM »
Finally learned fucking blunt to fakies. Decided about 5 years ago that I wanted to learn them and have just been too much of a wuss to go above the coping and back to fakie. Indescribably stoked.

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #29243 on: March 30, 2012, 07:05:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

theyre awesome. when my body is feeling shitty ill make a spinach/lettuce/celery/cucumber/lemon combo and ill feel tons better. ive actually grown to like the taste as well. stoked that its my birthday tomorrow

This is the truth. The body just soaks that shit up. It energizes me in a way better way than coffee or any of that other shit can. And the taste is awesome.

Happy early birthday!

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #29244 on: March 30, 2012, 09:26:41 PM »
Spring break started today. Ready to skate a lot, got some accels that need to be skated.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
« Reply #29245 on: March 31, 2012, 06:23:49 AM »
Went for an audition at Central School of Speech and Drama yesterday,  Jays dad from Inbetweeners was on the panel (this guy)

Inbetweeners Movie Jays Dad

got called back for the afternoon and felt i did myself justice so i'm pretty stoked on not coming away from it punching myself. Hear back in 6 weeks

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #29246 on: March 31, 2012, 07:06:09 AM »

VictoriousOG

« Reply #29247 on: March 31, 2012, 07:33:01 AM »
^YEEAAAHHH

Been off the past three days and it feels damn good.

Blumpkinz

• Rep: -46
  • I only post when drunk
« Reply #29248 on: March 31, 2012, 09:33:03 AM »

Tonight.  First night officially living in Arizona.  Get buck.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #29249 on: March 31, 2012, 01:15:12 PM »
Shot a 12 gauge shot gun for the first time ever, pretty stoked on that!