Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3060158 times)

planman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #39030 on: February 01, 2018, 11:46:13 AM »
National nigga month AND my birthday is in six days

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #39031 on: February 05, 2018, 01:20:39 AM »
Made it down to philly in time to kick a police horse in the shin

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #39032 on: February 05, 2018, 06:00:42 AM »
I won the Garrett Hill/Active free board contest. So that's cool.

shark tits

« Reply #39033 on: February 05, 2018, 10:14:17 AM »
made it to 41. doing the cockroach air!
got a new temp ID. my gf mailed me some shark and dinosaur socks.
gave my old best friend a deck tobey sent me. he transitioned into disc golf but if i can get him out he's still got the heart of a ripper.
oh, i start harvoni on thurs. $3.65 co-pay. thanks, obama!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 12:31:03 PM by I sniff my own butthole all the time »

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #39034 on: February 05, 2018, 10:45:17 AM »
i won the zion wilderness permit drawing for the subway.  FUCKING HYPEEEDDD
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #39035 on: February 05, 2018, 01:28:28 PM »
Took some magic mushrooms and ran errands for my family today, school soon. Colorado tomorrow for the next week ,anyone wanna meet up?

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #39036 on: February 07, 2018, 08:49:14 AM »
Today's my birthday and House of Vans here is reopening and having an open skate tonight for four hours

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

calvinsdream

« Reply #39037 on: February 07, 2018, 11:30:40 AM »
-I've only drank half of a sixer I've had in my fridge the last few weeks

-Haven't fucked it up with the chick I'm seeing

-Moved out of old apartment I had w/ my ex and finally got a small spot that's a lot kinder to my bank account

Lobo

• Rep: 2
  • Skate and die !
« Reply #39038 on: February 08, 2018, 12:18:16 PM »
Today's my birthday and House of Vans here is reopening and having an open skate tonight for four hours
Happy B-Day man!!
Stoked on my wife leaving for the weekend along with my kids to her sister! I need to "work" and can't go!
10g's of chronic and new season of Rick and Morty, here I come!!!!

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #39039 on: February 08, 2018, 04:13:35 PM »
It's been officially a year since I went full time freelance as a photographer. I have a small job on the size that helps to supplement some income, but the last year has been pretty shitty money wise. Thankfully my wife is super supportive and has a solid job, but finally over the last month, a lot of things are coming together. I've had some work printed in some publications, just shot a cover photo for a pretty large magazine distributed through the Pacific Northwest and have a large art show coming up that gets a lot of good press and publicity. Also, some people have been reaching out to purchase some work for their offices and homes. I'm really shitty at marketing myself and have had a lot of self doubt with trying to do the freelance thing, but it's nice when you get a good wave positive things happening. I'm also really excited about starting up an outdoor photo quarterly publication that's more of a passion project with a little release party every 3 months. A lot of local photographers are really stoked about it, so it should be a fun thing to see through, because I often have ideas that I don't complete because of laziness/fear.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #39040 on: February 08, 2018, 07:06:19 PM »
It's been officially a year since I went full time freelance as a photographer. I have a small job on the size that helps to supplement some income, but the last year has been pretty shitty money wise. Thankfully my wife is super supportive and has a solid job, but finally over the last month, a lot of things are coming together. I've had some work printed in some publications, just shot a cover photo for a pretty large magazine distributed through the Pacific Northwest and have a large art show coming up that gets a lot of good press and publicity. Also, some people have been reaching out to purchase some work for their offices and homes. I'm really shitty at marketing myself and have had a lot of self doubt with trying to do the freelance thing, but it's nice when you get a good wave positive things happening. I'm also really excited about starting up an outdoor photo quarterly publication that's more of a passion project with a little release party every 3 months. A lot of local photographers are really stoked about it, so it should be a fun thing to see through, because I often have ideas that I don't complete because of laziness/fear.

That's pretty awesome man! Good job!
Gentleman ninja warlock

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #39041 on: February 09, 2018, 12:30:45 AM »
Stoked that user: JAesop sent me this care package after I mentioned at the end of December that I had a cracked rib.
Never met the dude in my life so please send him some gnars girls and boys.

Gotta love #thepowerofSLAP

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #39042 on: February 09, 2018, 07:51:52 PM »
I had a couple of shitty coworkers get fired and replaced with some really fucking cool coworkers.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39043 on: February 09, 2018, 08:30:53 PM »

Congrats dude. If you ever do a show in Portland let me know, and I'll come out.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Yu Dum

« Reply #39044 on: February 10, 2018, 09:48:46 AM »
Got out and filmed two clips for my new part yesterday. Stoked to have gotten them both in under ten tries.
Also, stoked that my homie’s fisheye will be coming in soon...I’ll finally be able to film lines.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #39045 on: February 10, 2018, 11:57:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Congrats dude. If you ever do a show in Portland let me know, and I'll come out.

Thanks man, will do!

Irvine-Sucks.com

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663

colin

« Reply #39047 on: February 10, 2018, 07:54:24 PM »

this drumming

bawtawd5

• Rep: 134
« Reply #39048 on: February 11, 2018, 05:43:02 PM »
This easy peasy method

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #39049 on: February 11, 2018, 06:24:25 PM »
stoked on finally getting my website together/updated.

check it if you're into photography

http://andrewkodama.com/
The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #39050 on: February 11, 2018, 06:50:39 PM »

great stuff, andrew. i really dig it.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1208
« Reply #39051 on: February 12, 2018, 01:52:18 PM »

Loved it, a lot of those photos made me nostalgic for places I've never been and people I've never met.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #39052 on: February 12, 2018, 02:06:32 PM »
Getting serious about quitting drinking.  I've gone to AA for the past 3-4 years, but totally half assed it.  I would get little stretches (weeks, once 68 days) of total sobriety here and there, but it never stuck.  I got real with myself and wrote down all the ways drinking is negatively effecting my life. 

I'm on day 3 after a taper and am getting some minor withdrawal symptoms (shaking, sweating, panic, insomnia, etc).  I am taking a few days off work to get through them.   

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39053 on: February 12, 2018, 03:09:21 PM »
Getting serious about quitting drinking.  I've gone to AA for the past 3-4 years, but totally half assed it.  I would get little stretches (weeks, once 68 days) of total sobriety here and there, but it never stuck.  I got real with myself and wrote down all the ways drinking is negatively effecting my life. 

I'm on day 3 after a taper and am getting some minor withdrawal symptoms (shaking, sweating, panic, insomnia, etc).  I am taking a few days off work to get through them.   

Good on ya! I can't speak for the future but I just quit a lil over 2 months ago.

I never suffered too much withdrawal wise so I was lucky there.

But be prepared to be fuckin busy. It's like I have limitless energy(used to have that prior to my year long fuck up) but it's pretty crazy to just have all this spare time when your not drinking.

Everyone funds their own way I spose but I find weight training very fulfilling again. Burns off energy and helps my physio on my knee too, win win.

If your a supplement guy I'd get some potassium, b complex, magnesium to help replenish and I bet it helps alot with your withdrawal symptoms.

Crush it man and stay sober! I'm stoked for you!
Gentleman ninja warlock

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #39054 on: February 12, 2018, 03:52:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Good on ya! I can't speak for the future but I just quit a lil over 2 months ago.

But be prepared to be fuckin busy. It's like I have limitless energy(used to have that prior to my year long fuck up) but it's pretty crazy to just have all this spare time when your not drinking.

Everyone funds their own way I spose but I find weight training very fulfilling again. Burns off energy and helps my physio on my knee too, win win.

If your a supplement guy I'd get some potassium, b complex, magnesium to help replenish and I bet it helps alot with your withdrawal symptoms.

Thanks Pal.

I was coming off a pretty good beer/vodka bender, then did a light beer taper. That kind of helped. I was scared to get withdrawals at my office, so I waited for the weekend and am taking most of this week off. I am not planning on leaving the house.

I am just laying on the couch watching TV, drinking Gatorade, and trying to eat a lot of good food. I was at the point on the bender where I could barely eat. Vitamins too, and thank god I have a trazadone scrip for sleeping.

shark tits

« Reply #39055 on: February 12, 2018, 04:01:17 PM »
good deal lampshade! you should wake up good tomorrow, day 4.
one foot in front of the other and before you know it drinking will seem foreign.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #39056 on: February 12, 2018, 05:35:18 PM »
Philly Santausoso board on Scumco coming soon
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #39057 on: February 12, 2018, 05:38:05 PM »
Philly Santausoso board on Scumco coming soon
will cop

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39058 on: February 12, 2018, 06:09:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks Pal.

I was coming off a pretty good beer/vodka bender, then did a light beer taper. That kind of helped. I was scared to get withdrawals at my office, so I waited for the weekend and am taking most of this week off. I am not planning on leaving the house.

I am just laying on the couch watching TV, drinking Gatorade, and trying to eat a lot of good food. I was at the point on the bender where I could barely eat. Vitamins too, and thank god I have a trazadone scrip for sleeping.

I tapered too but it was pretty quick. My last day of drinking I only had 3 tall boys(at my worst I was drinking a 24 pack)

Yeah I had zero appetite either. I'd maybe eat one chinsy meal every other day, fuckin sucked. Then when I tapered and started eating I just puked everything up. So I too drank alot of fuckin Gatorade for a few weeks. Keep eating good man that seriously helps alot.

I like the way you planned out your end to alcohol, I did the same. Sounds like you really want to stop and that's the best mindframe obviously.

Best wishes man and if ya ever need a random person to chat with drop me a pm.
Gentleman ninja warlock

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #39059 on: February 12, 2018, 06:42:20 PM »
+ got a roll in on Sunday even though it was lightly snowing
+ made our second batch of organic miso paste yesterday, now just gotta wait a year for it to ferment
+ heading to like 4 countries next moth for work

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year