Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3057008 times)

Yu Dum

Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #39330 on: May 08, 2018, 01:49:39 PM »
New line of Colony boards arrived earlier this week, and I can’t wait to get my hands on them.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39331 on: May 08, 2018, 03:47:02 PM »
my job has a lot of payoffs .. we remodel/build houses and today i found this inside a wall stuffed into a ball .. a nice little time capsule for this special moment in 2018 for me .. thank you mr. from 1952

what’s weird is that i googled trader joes and they didn’t open until 1967 so im trying to piece that puzzle together
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 03:49:58 PM by straight »
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

bawtawd12

« Reply #39332 on: May 08, 2018, 04:57:26 PM »
My friend use to do that shit and the rich people would throw away the craziest shit in the dumpster, thousands worth of last seasons clothes and shit. Maybe theres a secret message in there that leads to a buried pirate treasure.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #39333 on: May 08, 2018, 09:41:31 PM »
In college I made a couple of zines for a class, one of them being a skateboarding zine. While it was a lot of fun to make I definitely felt a little boxed in, given that its main audience would be a college class of folks that don't skateboard. I always told myself I would make another that I would be more proud of, but just never felt compelled. Today I started writing the first article for it, and it feels super good to be creative on my own again. It's been awhile.

If anyone has examples or ideas that you would ideally like to see in a local skateboarding zine, I'd love to discuss. A lot of the pieces will deal with my own immediate community, but ultimately I would like to write some thought pieces that can take on some more general appeal. :)

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #39334 on: May 09, 2018, 06:41:33 AM »
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39335 on: May 09, 2018, 07:09:13 AM »
In college I made a couple of zines for a class, one of them being a skateboarding zine. While it was a lot of fun to make I definitely felt a little boxed in, given that its main audience would be a college class of folks that don't skateboard. I always told myself I would make another that I would be more proud of, but just never felt compelled. Today I started writing the first article for it, and it feels super good to be creative on my own again. It's been awhile.

If anyone has examples or ideas that you would ideally like to see in a local skateboarding zine, I'd love to discuss. A lot of the pieces will deal with my own immediate community, but ultimately I would like to write some thought pieces that can take on some more general appeal. :)

poster feedmeseymour sent me his zine and id be willing to send it your way to check out .. its very well done ..

as far as what id like to see in a local zine: it’d be cool to see a section dedicated to a particular local spot and all the stuff that has gone down by locals and beyond

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #39336 on: May 09, 2018, 04:57:28 PM »
Getting into riding my trucks real loose with no washers.  My nuts have been falling off so I'm gonna file down my small bushings a bit.  Anybody got tips for making bushings shorter?
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #39337 on: May 09, 2018, 07:14:46 PM »
Getting into riding my trucks real loose with no washers.  My nuts have been falling off so I'm gonna file down my small bushings a bit.  Anybody got tips for making bushings shorter?
palm sander/fine file
Gentleman ninja warlock

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #39338 on: May 09, 2018, 08:03:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

poster feedmeseymour sent me his zine and id be willing to send it your way to check out .. its very well done ..

as far as what id like to see in a local zine: it’d be cool to see a section dedicated to a particular local spot and all the stuff that has gone down by locals and beyond

That would be awesome! I've only ever really seen skateboarding zines that were of higher production value, so I'd love to check out something a little more grassroots.

The piece I started writing last night is about the various waves of our local DIY park. I wanna show it a lot of love, especially since we've got some plans coming up soon for it, but I'm trying to interject some general thoughts about DIY Parks.

bawtawdreloaded

« Reply #39339 on: May 10, 2018, 12:34:58 PM »
I gave in to the hype and watched the kanye stuff, this dude is on some woke manic autism shit and I fuckin love it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWJBWU7asEg
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 12:37:45 PM by bawtawdreloaded »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #39340 on: May 10, 2018, 01:22:29 PM »
^ jesus christ

edit: not saying hes jesus. hes a fucking person.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 01:24:41 PM by JB »

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #39341 on: May 11, 2018, 03:42:32 AM »
I think regular Jesus is an excellent sit-com idea.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39342 on: May 11, 2018, 09:17:01 AM »
I was fucking around in my garage last night and could hear something rustling around on the side. Went to check it out and found this guy. We chilled for a bit.

bawtawdreloaded

« Reply #39343 on: May 11, 2018, 10:32:32 AM »
Aye! Turtle mane! That boy looks old, love chillin with animals. I been on this gabapentin parade last few days, added some dxm (shoutout robocough) and I figured out the level that my dogs head works on lasrnight. Hard to explain but he was hyped when I figured him out and was able to communicate with him without confusing him.

bawtawdreloaded

« Reply #39344 on: May 11, 2018, 10:51:52 AM »
Oh yeah and my cat walks with me and dog now when we go for walks, got my dog to the left and cat to the right, feels so dope walkin down the street like that.

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #39345 on: May 12, 2018, 01:23:54 AM »
I was fucking around in my garage last night and could hear something rustling around on the side. Went to check it out and found this guy. We chilled for a bit.

Second hand stoked for you, rad find!

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39346 on: May 12, 2018, 06:10:07 AM »
my job has a lot of payoffs .. we remodel/build houses and today i found this inside a wall stuffed into a ball .. a nice little time capsule for this special moment in 2018 for me .. thank you mr. from 1952

what’s weird is that i googled trader joes and they didn’t open until 1967 so im trying to piece that puzzle together

That’s a different Trader Joe’s it seems like. The one we’re thinking of, the worlds greatest budget grocery store, is from Monrovia in SoCal, whereas that paper you’re reading is from Arizona, most likely near the Pheonix region.

I moved recently to the Lost Coast and the closest one is hours away. Damn I miss me some TJ...
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

SWPhillyFloater

• Rep: 63
« Reply #39347 on: May 12, 2018, 09:43:31 AM »
Just finished my junior year of college and my hardest semester to date so I'm feeling very relieved and psyched.  I also got a very solid and well-paying internship starting in a few weeks, no more working two jobs during the summer.  Hard work pays off in the long run.

bawtawdghost

« Reply #39348 on: May 13, 2018, 02:10:17 PM »
A dream I had last night was the most beautiful/intensely real thing my mind has ever done. It shows the untapped potential of the brain. If I was able to translate what it created to paper, no doubt I could be one of the greatest architects in the world, not even on some grandeur shit. So beautiful. I was just so insane and realistic.

Also have been working on my personal derealization thing this past month, made good progress but this dream pushed it over the edge. I feel completely present in the world, ill try and integrate it so I don't lose it.

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39349 on: May 13, 2018, 03:31:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That’s a different Trader Joe’s it seems like. The one we’re thinking of, the worlds greatest budget grocery store, is from Monrovia in SoCal, whereas that paper you’re reading is from Arizona, most likely near the Pheonix region.

I moved recently to the Lost Coast and the closest one is hours away. Damn I miss me some TJ...

im boycotting trader joes until that start going pony rides

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39350 on: May 14, 2018, 05:13:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

im boycotting trader joes until that start going pony rides

ill never shop there again if they start bringing ponies around

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #39351 on: May 14, 2018, 09:29:40 AM »
I found Black Label's 'Blackout' video at the Goodwill for only $2!! It's the latest addition to my skate video collection.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #39352 on: May 16, 2018, 08:47:22 AM »
Magnus Bordewick is premiering his new Adidas part tomorrow and it's Norways constitutional day all mixed together on a boat

doublesteveburger

« Reply #39353 on: May 16, 2018, 11:51:11 AM »
I found Black Label's 'Blackout' video at the Goodwill for only $2!! It's the latest addition to my skate video collection.

Same thing happened to me along with "That's Life" but having owned both already I gifted them to a buddy. He was so happy.

My dad found a job out in California. Not the most ideal situation given that it's hours away but getting out of the Arizona heat might be good for him.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #39354 on: May 16, 2018, 06:19:12 PM »
recent ink I got done is finally healed/ not itching

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39355 on: May 17, 2018, 03:56:11 PM »
Got paid 6 grand to fillete 550lbs of walleye.

Easiest money ever for an experienced angler.
Gentleman ninja warlock

ogbawtawd

« Reply #39356 on: May 17, 2018, 04:16:26 PM »
Damn that's crazy, I been thinking lately about what kinda work can pay out lump sums like that. Actually stoked I been thinking about money lately instead of not giving a fuck.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #39357 on: May 17, 2018, 04:43:50 PM »
  I saw a nice  bushy tailed fox beside the road and got to chek him out for a bit.  Foxes are rad. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39358 on: May 17, 2018, 05:34:15 PM »
  I saw a nice  bushy tailed fox beside the road and got to chek him out for a bit.  Foxes are rad.

They are nice. Up here the population is waaaay too thick however. They are everywhere
Gentleman ninja warlock

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #39359 on: May 18, 2018, 12:19:29 AM »
Just worked my last night shift tonight, moving to day shift crew on Monday. More time to skate and have a life... stoked