Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3057378 times)

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #39390 on: May 31, 2018, 04:57:39 AM »
The framework etc of my new grow will be done this weekend.

Electricity/lighting etc by next weekend.

Excited to get back growing! Plus I've been gifted a crazy amount of seeds and some really awesome genetics.

Oh, my knee has improved a shit tonne! For the first time in 17 months I pushed around on my board! It felt really fuckin awkward but so amazing! My fuckin God have I missed skateboarding! I took the afternoon of and just rolled around while some local kids killed it. Best feeling. Made my wife cry happy tears
Gentleman ninja warlock

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #39391 on: May 31, 2018, 07:12:26 AM »
Hella pirated software.

MintySandwhich

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #39392 on: May 31, 2018, 08:59:11 AM »
Headed to NYC next week!

I have never been so I'm super stoked. We're gonna be staying there for a full week in a pretty nice AirBnB which is located in Brooklyn. Going with a group of 5, and a couple of us are gonna try and skate/film at least two days out of the trip. We would love to meet up with any pals if anyone is interested. Thanks to quartersnacks we have a couple ideas on spots, but we might just cruise around.

What are the good bars around Brooklyn and Williamsburg area? Places to eat? Tips/tricks?
Let's get a beer!!

shark tits

« Reply #39393 on: May 31, 2018, 05:47:33 PM »
learned nollie nosegrinds and my homie laced me w/ the most iconic shirt ever!!
worked 3 hives in t shirt and capris and no stings.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1537
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #39394 on: May 31, 2018, 07:08:52 PM »
Free medium pizza from domino's. My ass/quads are on fire from biking to work for 4 days in a row (but I am going to just drive tomorrow).
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

doublesteveburger

« Reply #39395 on: June 01, 2018, 02:15:15 AM »
dating a weird Filipino girl who's heavily into anime - butt stuff soon

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #39396 on: June 01, 2018, 06:34:57 AM »

Nate.Dog

• Rep: -9
« Reply #39397 on: June 02, 2018, 01:06:42 PM »

whats the promised land like?

Yu Dum

« Reply #39398 on: June 02, 2018, 05:48:17 PM »
Went out and re-filmed a few clips that got deleted multiple times over the past couple of weeks. Finally have them tucked away on my friend’s hard drive.

Also, I have a Colony part coming sooner than later. Just gotta keep the fire going.

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #39399 on: June 03, 2018, 11:19:33 AM »
My dream settings are too dope. This one I revisited like 5 places I been to before in other dreams but with a lil twist, then like 3 new places. I woke up after I hit a weed pipe mad hard and spit out the ashes in my mouth, but I actually spit on my bed in real life. Same thing happened yesterday too.

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #39400 on: June 03, 2018, 06:52:19 PM »
Skating today, two guys walked past us. One of them yells, "do a flip!".
I pointed to his friend, who was wearing a thrasher shirt, and say, "your friend must skate, why doesn't he do one?"
They nervously laughed and kept walking.

I'm usually a pretty easy going guy but this felt odd satisfying

(Cool Trick GIF)

Smithy

• Rep: 1
  • SmithySmitherson
« Reply #39401 on: June 04, 2018, 06:00:12 AM »
learned nollie nosegrinds and my homie laced me w/ the most iconic shirt ever!!
worked 3 hives in t shirt and capris and no stings.

That shirt makes me happy

shark tits

« Reply #39402 on: June 04, 2018, 02:22:26 PM »
thanks smithy.
stoked that we have been getting out almost every day shredding. yesterday morning i was watching my bees work my poppies so i showed bruh man [bees get in the flower and shake pollen onto their hindlegs then pack it in and fly home w/ 2 thighs covered in purple powder, artificial insemination.]
in somerville there's a community garden at the skate spot and i can identify a lot of plants by sight and even seen honeybees working peppermint.
rad, radder, radish.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39403 on: June 05, 2018, 04:30:08 PM »
the power and accessibility of the internet .. just made a killer trade
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #39404 on: June 05, 2018, 07:45:28 PM »
the power and accessibility of the internet .. just made a killer trade

Stocks? Bonds? Forex? Black-market Indonesian stem cells?

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #39405 on: June 06, 2018, 02:31:32 AM »
Getting drunk and singing karoke

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #39406 on: June 06, 2018, 04:01:31 AM »
Really stoked on getting out skating more often and having someone to bounce ideas and visions off of. I feel like our energy is having a ripple effect of sorts and getting other people out more too. Also stoked to land a bs flip yesterday... not really trying lol.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #39407 on: June 06, 2018, 06:45:06 AM »

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #39408 on: June 06, 2018, 06:57:23 PM »
Started a sick new job on May 29 and still have said sick new job.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #39409 on: June 06, 2018, 09:27:42 PM »
Getting drunk and singing karoke

This. Right at the threshold of the stage, I take my shoes off like a respectful neighbor coming into a strict, obsessively vacuumed household. Really throws the crowd for a loop.

Edit* - then I sing CCR.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #39410 on: June 06, 2018, 10:12:59 PM »
Sorry, one more post. This is a special topic of appreciation for me.

One time, about a week after moving out on my own for the first time and into a really shitty apartment, I was drinking a 6 pack by myself, reading Deadeye Dick by Kurt Vonnegut, or playing Paper Mario, I forget which.
I finished the beers and decided I hadn't had enough, so I went out on my skateboard to a bar across the highway. I ordered a beer and moved to a seat by the window. Looking out the window, I spied the fucking mellowest handrail on God's green earth. It came out of the backside of an office complex, and it was early evening, so all the employees had called it a day. I chugged my beer (an IPA, high ABV), paid the bartender, and went out to meet it. I'm regular and it was frontside for me, so I started trying to FS board slide it. I was drunk, so I was just flying out and doinking the end of the rail for a good ten minutes, not even trying to commit. I had (and still have) very little experience skating handrails.
Then the clouds rolled in.
The next few doinks, I felt a couple of drops of rain land on my head--pre-cum of the sky. I decided that I really wanted to land it and that I might have to get after it. A few tries later, it started to rain. Like legitimately pour rain. I was instantly soaked as I ran back to the runway. After a handful of tries in the pouring rain, I realized how bizarre my situation was. I turned around and hopped on my board, pushed off, slid the rail, and fucking stomped it, my whole setup inundated and soggy as an old country boner. Some dude on the patio across the street (the bar I just left) hollered out, "YEAH DUDE!"
I pushed across the street toward the bar, fived the dude, abandoned my soggy board at the door, and walked in, sopping wet. They were doing Karaoke. I got another beer and went immediately to the DJ and asked him if he had any Cam'ron. He only had the one with Kanye, but I was too stoked on my board slide to care. After a few songs (me sitting, soaked, on a bar stool) he called me up and I performed the song, trying hard to remember the lyrics and not to say the N word (I am white). I rapped it to the best of my ability while the bartenders and crowd looked on uncomfortably. I finished the song to a silence which was only broken when the only black dude in the bar broke out of the crowd and gave me a hug. I know this is a somewhat racist ending, but I felt validated in that moment.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 10:22:12 PM by Peter Zagreus »

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39411 on: June 06, 2018, 11:04:47 PM »
i really enjoyed that .. please share more tales .. even just a typical morning; i think you have something here

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #39412 on: June 07, 2018, 06:25:22 AM »
Hell yeah Peter

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #39413 on: June 07, 2018, 10:50:49 PM »
Had a skate session with my friend, we didn't get anything cool but we stumbled casually into the Former store and i bought some socks for the fuck of it. Then we were hanging out and I met Andrew Allen. I wanted to dork out but had a small exchange to not kook myself out. Then we went to the Lakai x Leon Karssen show and met him, Howard, Gabriel, T-Funk, and Smyth.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #39414 on: June 08, 2018, 10:45:25 AM »
doing kratom and pumping fucking iron!

Yu Dum

« Reply #39415 on: June 10, 2018, 11:25:52 AM »
Finally starting Twin Peaks: The Return. So far, I’m more confused than anything, but it wouldn’t be TP if I could remotely understand anything going on within the first episode.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #39416 on: June 10, 2018, 11:43:23 AM »
bought this cheap epiphone acoustic guitar off that letgo app. it looked brand new besides a few scratches on the back and some dust on the fretboard. not bad for $100.

$100 seems to be my price for guitar gear. that other guitar was $100 and i got that amp from a friend for $100 too.

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39417 on: June 10, 2018, 12:44:03 PM »
Finally starting Twin Peaks: The Return. So far, I’m more confused than anything, but it wouldn’t be TP if I could remotely understand anything going on within the first episode.

let me know if you understand it after the finale .. still pondering that ep .. i love tp almost as much as skateboarding so if you want to rewatch it with me in the tp thread id be down

LUVS2SPWGE

• Rep: 3
« Reply #39418 on: June 10, 2018, 01:52:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

let me know if you understand it after the finale .. still pondering that ep .. i love tp almost as much as skateboarding so if you want to rewatch it with me in the tp thread id be down

https://youtu.be/SlnNuuHcjTg

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #39419 on: June 10, 2018, 01:52:39 PM »
doing kratom and pumping fucking iron!
doing kratom and smoking weed.