Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3057474 times)

Jollyoli

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 91
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #39540 on: July 11, 2018, 06:05:00 AM »
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #39541 on: July 11, 2018, 06:08:48 AM »
yes, over 300 roman bronze coins, 8 silver.  about 20 medieval silver pennies.  bit of bronze age gold ribbon.  saxon strap end.  lots of roman brooches and a couple of iron age and also a saxon one.
the best entry level machine by far is goldenmask1+ due to ease of use, excellent performance and plenty good enough for dedicated enthusiasts too. wont need to upgrade. theyre about £250.
every field has victorian coins and buckles and stuff but the really ancient stuff is localised, all about finding the right spot through research/map studies/blind luck.  but you could find anything anywhere, that adds to the buzz.  90% of what you dig up is modern shite.  but even a bad day you get fresh air and exercise.
detectorists is amazing program, love it

feedmeseymour

« Reply #39542 on: July 11, 2018, 08:31:15 AM »
yes, over 300 roman bronze coins, 8 silver.  about 20 medieval silver pennies.  bit of bronze age gold ribbon.  saxon strap end.  lots of roman brooches and a couple of iron age and also a saxon one.
the best entry level machine by far is goldenmask1+ due to ease of use, excellent performance and plenty good enough for dedicated enthusiasts too. wont need to upgrade. theyre about £250.
every field has victorian coins and buckles and stuff but the really ancient stuff is localised, all about finding the right spot through research/map studies/blind luck.  but you could find anything anywhere, that adds to the buzz.  90% of what you dig up is modern shite.  but even a bad day you get fresh air and exercise.
detectorists is amazing program, love it

damn thats awesome, im not sure id have that luck looking in america but im pretty tempted. i do live in the oldest town in my state so maybe ill start looking on craigslist for a metal detector.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #39543 on: July 11, 2018, 08:36:21 AM »
I randomly came up on this for a steal for 500rmb for a friend who got married and is moving to Europe

I've never filmed with anything past my phone and a Gopro my sister gave me so this should be a fun thing to play with. Anyone  got any suggestions?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #39544 on: July 11, 2018, 08:40:49 AM »
stock up on tapes, batteries and another minidv cam to capture footage from. dont play shit back on it and dont reuse tapes. can probably chuck an opteka 58mm on there too.

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #39545 on: July 11, 2018, 02:59:54 PM »

damn thats awesome, im not sure id have that luck looking in america but im pretty tempted. i do live in the oldest town in my state so maybe ill start looking on craigslist for a metal detector.

do it!  metals not as old but still some grreat stuff to find.  you got insanely beautiful native american flint tools to find too, if i was over there id be walking ploughed fields and rummaging around in creek beds

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #39546 on: July 13, 2018, 08:26:24 AM »
Live 3 hours from the beach but never went. Ima hit it up this summer and check out some butts and eat some acid lookin out into the Atlantic. They do fireworks every Thursday too. I don't know why the fuck I never thought of this.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #39547 on: July 13, 2018, 04:59:40 PM »
I had 8 alien workshop graphics laying around and I just sent them to Mike Hill.
Pendeleton saw them before and he liked them a lot.

Pretty sure I'll NEVER hear from AWS, but hey, at least I gave it a shot...

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #39548 on: July 13, 2018, 08:35:05 PM »
i finally received my tax refund. i'm about to ball momentarily, especially if this new job pans out.
also i am able to ollie again, still scared to try a kickflip because my ankle still hurts but still very happy it didn't cripple me totally. 

and lastly my music projects have been coming along nicely
even the steven

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #39549 on: July 14, 2018, 02:39:34 AM »
Had my annual evaluation at work today and got a raise! Small but still a raise. Cheers dudes.

shark tits

« Reply #39550 on: July 15, 2018, 02:15:35 PM »

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #39551 on: July 15, 2018, 03:02:51 PM »
skateparkdesigner, did you design this nutty flatbar over a 6 flat 1? cause if so, keep up the good work.
so some girl boardslid it straight to the gram.
so many ripping girls out there, 10 yrs ago we'd never even know about.
http://www.instagram.com/p/BjGjh4xF_ba/?taken-by=3piecefromcanes

poorlatino

• Rep: 41
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39552 on: July 15, 2018, 03:52:49 PM »
Skates like Sean Pablo

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #39553 on: July 16, 2018, 11:03:58 AM »

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #39554 on: July 17, 2018, 11:49:19 AM »
i missed out on the re-launch of Jimmy Gorecki’s sweatpants company and commented on the Instagram post “shit! Was hoping to grab a pair after my shift, blah blah blah” just shouting into the void for fun. Within 5 minutes he DM’d me asking what size I wanted, got me in touch with his business partner, and they got me sorted. He even followed me on IG! Super nice dude who definitely did not have to go out of his way like that. Really made my day.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #39555 on: July 17, 2018, 12:50:15 PM »
My work catered some street tacos for lunch today. Had like 6 of em.. i'm fat n' happy.
Might take a nap under my desk

Yu Dum

« Reply #39556 on: July 18, 2018, 01:23:55 PM »
This time last year, I was pretty heavy on the bottle. (Whiskey, mostly)
 It’s been one hell of a ride and I can only speak from my own happenings, but I can say this...alcohol is a fucking demon for people who lack self-control.
If you have a handle on your handle, then you’re good as gold. Proud of you.

The rest of us are still climbing that neverending hill.

I’m happy to say that it’s been almost a year since my last drink and there are many more to come while abstaining from alcohol. I haven’t felt this great since my ‘teens.
Stay healthy, y’all.
I love you. 

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39557 on: July 18, 2018, 03:06:09 PM »
Congrats dude. I'm stoked for you. I'm also stoked for the new Ishod part that's supposed to drop tomorrow.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #39558 on: July 18, 2018, 04:38:33 PM »
 It’s been one hell of a ride and I can only speak from my own happenings, but I can say this...alcohol is a fucking demon for people who lack self-control.

I’m happy to say that it’s been almost a year since my last drink and there are many more to come while abstaining from alcohol. I haven’t felt this great since my ‘teens.
Stay healthy, y’all.
I love you.

Sick! Really stoked for you, man. It's evident in your footage how great you must be feeling.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #39559 on: July 18, 2018, 09:59:28 PM »
finally stopped fucking around and got my drivers license.
starting that new job and my first day of training is tomorrow
even the steven

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39560 on: July 19, 2018, 02:06:33 AM »
Ireland leading the world in human rights as usual.
http://www.mintpressnews.com/ireland-passes-bill-banning-goods-from-israeli-settlements-in-occupied-palestine/245800/
Well, as an Israeli that spent some time in the west bank i can tell you it wont help anyone. Most workers that work in those factories\fields are palestinian and they are getting wages that are far greater than the ones they can get in palestine.
there was the Soda Stream factory that used to manufacture in the west bank and when it was closed because of international pressure alot of good people lost their main income that kept their head over the water. the situation is super complicated and fucked up but im not sure this would do anything. Banning israeli products as a whole would maybe create real pressure on the government.
not saying im not against settlements because they feel like they are gods cowboys and that they own the land, tearing israel up from the inside with political and religious conflicts. but banning factories in the settlments would only harm palestenians more.

on a more positive note-
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6p9cd2
Post Radical just did an episode about Israel\Palestine from a skaters perspective

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #39561 on: July 19, 2018, 10:20:10 AM »
Peeled/yanked the felt off the bottom of one of my chucks in one clean piece.

shark tits

« Reply #39562 on: July 19, 2018, 10:34:34 AM »
Well, as an Israeli that spent some time in the west bank i can tell you it wont help anyone. Most workers that work in those factories\fields are palestinian and they are getting wages that are far greater than the ones they can get in palestine. 
there was the Soda Stream factory that used to manufacture in the west bank and when it was closed because of  international pressure alot of good people lost their main income that kept their head over the water. the situation is super complicated and fucked up but im not sure this would do anything. Banning israeli products as a whole would maybe create real pressure on the government.
not saying im not against settlements because they feel like they are gods cowboys and that they own the land, tearing israel up from the inside with political and religious conflicts. but banning factories in the settlments would only harm palestenians more.

on a more positive note-
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6p9cd2
Post Radical just did an episode about Israel\Palestine from a skaters perspective
i've heard that arguement before and respectfully, it reminds me of american slavery apologists [those negros had it so good] or even more apropos would be comparing our native americans today to pre-english/spanish invasion.
'they didn't even have jobs when we got here, all that land was going to waste. we helped them if anything.'
i'm not saying you're 100% wrong but i think ya'll would be doing them a bigger favor by giving them their space and treating them equal in the other areas, vacating illegal settlements but that's just me.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1537
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #39563 on: July 19, 2018, 07:30:10 PM »

Stay healthy, y’all.
I love you.

Hell yeah man, congrats! That is a long time
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

doublesteveburger

« Reply #39564 on: July 20, 2018, 02:55:11 AM »
Spending my upcoming birthday with my lady watching anime in a theater, skating and hitting up record stores all day. Currently on a train to California. Window seat. The three hour delay couldn’t even knock the smile of my face.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #39565 on: July 20, 2018, 07:18:11 AM »
Decided to work from home today. Really stoked that today happened to be the day that the whole office had to drop everything and be stand in actors for a safety video about active shooters on campus. Really dodged a bullet there.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39566 on: July 20, 2018, 07:34:35 AM »
dad jokes
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #39567 on: July 20, 2018, 08:21:04 AM »
Taking three giant shits already today

ungzilla

« Reply #39568 on: July 20, 2018, 09:09:35 AM »
you're gonna be able to ollie so high later

Sad Hippo

« Reply #39569 on: July 20, 2018, 03:23:57 PM »
Got a job with the County.  Full time with benefits, decent pay, in my field of study, walking distance from my place.  Very stoked.