Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 2141640 times)

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
  • illinoying
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #40290 on: July 30, 2018, 11:58:55 PM »
moving to Texas in 3 weeks

cosmicgypsies

• Rep: 114
« Reply #40291 on: July 31, 2018, 04:33:37 AM »
my ex who still hasn't moved out just got back from a month long holiday with her new dude and I don't give a shit anymore, I'm stoked I'm over her already, I feel very free - and tempted to start dating a new girl I've been seeing which funnily enough, freaks the ex out when she's the one who left me for another dude in the first place. I'm relieved that toxic relationship is over and, I have to say, a bit amused that my freedom gets to piss my ex off after all the shit she's put me through. can't wait for her to move out now. I've also been trying to catch up on lack of sleep (two hours per night for the past two months wasn't cutting it) and eating proper food and today I actually feel juiced to skate for the first time in a while; recently I had been trying to skate every day but really was too depressed or tired to feel the vibe, my body refused to work and now it actually feels great again! I feel like this is the end of a massive slump right here, I feel like taking good care of myself now and I can't wait to go skate!

landed a no comply back 3 yesterday full pop no revert bs, kinda makes me think i could do a back 3 even though theyre infinitely harder.

they're actually very similar (if you can get those full b/s 360 step hops down good), the motion of your shoulders actually has to be the exact same on both tricks. doing a lot of the step hop ones actually helped me relearn backside 360 ollies really consistently a few years back. so practice those, then once you get a good hang of the rotation just practice doing the same thing sucking your front leg up like you would for an impossible or pressure flip rather than sliding your foot off the board and onto the floor. compared to regular stance, full frontside 360 ollies on flat, backside ones aren't too hard although they may be a bitch to figure out at first, but you'll be stoked to get them eventually.

the_unknown_soldier: sounds like one step closer to self realization and happiness, congrats man.

yeah i got em down fairly well, still a little wobbly on the landing since i seem to be landing back foot first more often than not. ive tried back 3s before and they tend to flop away from me but with being able to do the no comply ones i figure its just trying to figure out keeping the board with you without the footplant. will give em a shot next skate.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 201
« Reply #40292 on: July 31, 2018, 04:59:53 AM »
the big toe on your back foot is what should be keeping the board in control under you on that trick, with or without the step hop. it's the only part of your body that needs to be attached to the board the whole time. that's why ollie impossibles help so much with it. focus on that big toe.

cosmicgypsies

• Rep: 114
« Reply #40293 on: July 31, 2018, 05:13:27 AM »
i did get a few back 3 no complies that felt like only the big toe was on the board the whole time while spinning so i definitely get what you mean, cheers. I feel like it's gonna be one of those tricks thats a bitch to figure out, then once you figure it out you think you've got it down and understand it but you really dont lol.

shark tits

« Reply #40294 on: July 31, 2018, 01:39:21 PM »
mailed out some honey, picked squash, okra and blueberries out my yard and donated $10 to uncle freddy's tax problem.
can you see my halo?

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 665
« Reply #40295 on: July 31, 2018, 05:18:56 PM »
moving to Texas in 3 weeks
cool, where
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 493
« Reply #40296 on: July 31, 2018, 09:33:12 PM »
mailed out some honey, picked squash, okra and blueberries out my yard and donated $10 to uncle freddy's tax problem.
can you see my halo?

^ Him focusing.
Quote from: Narcissus
My morning commute to the bathroom is a walking tour of things I don't remember.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 860
« Reply #40297 on: August 01, 2018, 05:26:11 AM »
can you see my halo?

^ Him focusing.

Should've been banned.

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

poorlatino

• Rep: 37
« Reply #40298 on: August 01, 2018, 05:38:41 AM »
can you see my halo?

^ Him focusing.

Should've been banned.

You'll be able to tell that it's him when he starts a new account. He has a very distinct writing style.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • illinoying
« Reply #40299 on: August 02, 2018, 05:15:48 PM »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -402
« Reply #40300 on: August 03, 2018, 06:59:23 AM »
  coffee shop girl is telling me now she wants to hang out. We've been laughing together on her breaks.  She is classically beautiful, and 'too  young' for anybody who wants to kook me about that.  I just want to laugh and have fun in relationships now.  I can't fight and argue anymore.  Thats the biggest attribute with the old dude/young chick -its like a huge break for both the guy and the girl.  She dosen't have to deal with a guy her age whos caught up in everthing to do with being that age.  Its way more relaxing for her.  Just hang out with the old chill guy whos not insecure constantly about the relationship.  Alot of girls are hurting and have been fucked around by guys so they want a break.  I like the younger girl friends cause it's not constant arguing.  I honestly (edit -with all my heart) would way rather a real relationship with someone my own age, -thats the only time I've been in love is with women my own age but its too 'rocky' evertime and I threw in the fuckin towel.     
message of love (bring the mean locals cookies)

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #40301 on: August 03, 2018, 09:18:19 AM »
Aren't you like 20? You're young, dude.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 389
« Reply #40302 on: August 03, 2018, 11:03:13 AM »
  coffee shop girl is telling me now she wants to hang out. We've been laughing together on her breaks.  She is classically beautiful, and 'too  young' for anybody who wants to kook me about that.  I just want to laugh and have fun in relationships now.  I can't fight and argue anymore.  Thats the biggest attribute with the old dude/young chick -its like a huge break for both the guy and the girl.  She dosen't have to deal with a guy her age whos caught up in everthing to do with being that age.  Its way more relaxing for her.  Just hang out with the old chill guy whos not insecure constantly about the relationship.  Alot of girls are hurting and have been fucked around by guys so they want a break.  I like the younger girl friends cause it's not constant arguing.  I honestly (edit -with all my heart) would way rather a real relationship with someone my own age, -thats the only time I've been in love is with women my own age but its too 'rocky' evertime and I threw in the fuckin towel.   

mods: every time this guy posts, can you play this song in the background...

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40303 on: August 03, 2018, 06:48:30 PM »

mods: every time this guy posts, can you play this song in the background...

WHOAH WHOAH hold the fucking boat man she's Twenty god damn one for fucks sake -get fucked!!!

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40304 on: August 03, 2018, 06:48:56 PM »
Aren't you like 20? You're young, dude.
    Okay.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40305 on: August 03, 2018, 06:51:33 PM »
Ohhhhhh you're 20 and you like 16 year olds that's what that other thread was about

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40306 on: August 03, 2018, 07:02:27 PM »
Ohhhhhh you're 20 and you like 16 year olds that's what that other thread was about

why'd you bother ? 

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40307 on: August 03, 2018, 07:06:01 PM »
for the record early 40s and I've got no opinion about the garage rock enthusiast except that he's prolly a real barrel of monkeys.   (but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't love shit for brains but you never know.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:09:13 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #40308 on: August 04, 2018, 05:37:52 AM »
for the record early 40s and I've got no opinion about the garage rock enthusiast except that he's prolly a real barrel of monkeys.   (but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't love shit for brains but you never know.)

My mistake, I thought your post was from Justice and I think he's right around 20.

Total coincidence that it happened to play of that pedophile thread. I'm not that clever.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 86
  • AndyRoysNeck
« Reply #40309 on: August 06, 2018, 01:13:26 AM »
my new job as a grill cook is going well, it's a smaller place and the managers are pretty cool. it's tough work though but it's a lot better than working at applebees. also, i got my car running and it's awesome to be driving and do more of what i want and i'm skating again but it still feels weird to do kickflips, they hurt to do but everything else is fine, i'm pretty content lately.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • illinoying
« Reply #40310 on: August 06, 2018, 01:31:13 PM »

My mistake, I thought your post was from Justice and I think he's right around 20.

Total coincidence that it happened to play of that pedophile thread. I'm not that clever.
22 and I like da older babes

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #40311 on: August 07, 2018, 12:53:00 PM »
Moved into my new place for the school year. Parents stocked up my groceries and stuff plus, got me a mini fridge
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

RoedGroed

• Rep: 60
« Reply #40312 on: August 08, 2018, 10:23:51 AM »
Remembered my password to my account again. Been a couple of years for sure - I got logged out at uni at some point, because they blocked SLAP. Never managed to log on again.

Well, pretty stoked on that. And that i finished my masters at uni. And had a kid.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #40313 on: August 08, 2018, 11:44:35 AM »
finally starting to land kinda popped bs bigpins on flat, a lil too much pivot/slide but proper ones aren't "so far away from me", feels like chris joslin on a 20 stairs gap^^

smellsdead

• Rep: 80
« Reply #40314 on: August 09, 2018, 08:44:44 AM »
todays my last day at this job
moving to nc this wknd

and i just fuckin stole a 17 year old playboy out of the bathroom...i dont know why

looking through it with gloves on my lunch break haha

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 93
« Reply #40315 on: August 09, 2018, 07:33:01 PM »
Iím finally putting out some footage this Saturday.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40316 on: August 10, 2018, 07:05:18 AM »
My art deal with Loews Hotels got renewed

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 445
« Reply #40317 on: August 10, 2018, 07:29:19 AM »

You make art for hotels? What does a deal like that entail?

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40318 on: August 10, 2018, 07:45:47 AM »

You make art for hotels? What does a deal like that entail?

I have an agency that essentially shops me around and I make stuff for displays at hotels and some like sports arenas and stuff like that. It's all digital display stuff, not paintings in rooms or any of that.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 389
« Reply #40319 on: August 10, 2018, 07:48:51 AM »
Iím finally putting out some footage this Saturday.

stoked .. you been killin it man