Author Topic: Top 10 Spots To Hit In Barcelona  (Read 9185 times)

Adair

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Top 10 Spots To Hit In Barcelona
« on: August 01, 2008, 02:49:41 PM »
Last year was my first year out there and I didn't go to as many spots as I would have liked, apart from the obvious (MACBA, Parallel, Forum, etc.) where else do you think is a must?

If anybody has any idea of what spots are near where would also help me out alot.

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
Re: Top 10 Spots To Hit In Barcelona
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 03:28:06 PM »
Go skate that bump thing, that brian anderson tre's off of in the nike video and Silas nollie 180's in inhabitants.
The answer is Dutch Masters, you fat fucking catastrophe.

cav

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 11:37:26 PM »
my favorites were vilipiscina hip, parallel  and forum.

Al Bania

• Rep: 42
    • Orchard! avatar image
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 10:51:10 AM »
how much time do you have?
If you have at least a month, and youre a normal human, then you'll have no problem meeting up with dudes that are down to lurk around and explore shit.  I just came back from a 10 month visit and skated way too much random shit to mention,  but here's some of my favorites to point you in the right direction.

if youre in the center, definitely hit up barceloneta banks.  everything in the center can be a quick bust, but they are definitely fun to hit up on the way to the beach.

beer banks at the damm factory.  get off the baro viver stop and its down the river by the big factory towers.
while youre there lurk around towards the santa coloma neighborhood.  fun ally way stuff, and theres those brink banks with the concrete slab on the top.

Rubi is one of the funnest spots I've ever been to.  Steve Durante has a line there in Inhabitants (that one with that switch heel).
Take the commuter line towards Sabadell (S1 or S2, can't remember which one).
Sabadell has a ton of fun ledge spots too, definitely check that village out.

I just came back about a month ago, and tons of fountains were getting drained all throughout the city.  So keep an eye out for those.  This barca filmer Damien put a little concrete on this one pool next to Sants.  last I heard it's still dry.  check this ish out
http://shelterskateboarding.com/newsite/videos/nuncatravau.html

hope that helps, hit me up if you got any more questions.

cav

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 01:48:00 PM »
Fondo is mandatory, at the fondo stop obviously.

Fondo is skateproofed. they cemented tiny metal skate stoppers in front of all the banks. i was there at the end of july. fucking blows now. 

Adair

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 02:35:04 PM »
Many thanks to everyone who has replied, its been sick reading whats what.
A spot I've always wanted to skate (below, Guy Mariano haha)-

Does anyone have an idea of what metro station or where this is?
Several people told me different places lat year, and I wasn't really sure where to go with it so ended up leaving it.
Thanks again for all your help guys.

cav

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 03:36:50 PM »
get off at almeyda metro stop. you have to walk towards the car dealerships. the one right next to it is the mercedes dealership

Adair

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 03:49:20 PM »
Cheers boss, big help.

cav

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 04:14:50 PM »
it's actually called Almeda.

Dr Newton

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 05:56:55 PM »
I'd go to those three long granite ledges/manual pads with graffiti all over them if they are still there.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 02:29:54 AM »
sant marti has the little metal titties coming out of the ground and also the rail wieger fs crooks to fakie.
8 stairs as well and the ledges koston fs halfcab bluntslides. good luck.barca is way to much fun

Rusty Champignon

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 10:17:12 AM »
I don't think that theatre ledge is quite as good as it looks, we had a hard time finding it as well, that metal ledge spot near the skatepark someone metioned above is really really fun, I would recommend going there, fondo isn't worth the trip anymore and that sort of hip thing, I don't know what it's called

at 4:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Xj_v6n6xQ

yeah that spot is really fun anyway

Natty Bumpo

• Rep: -25
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 05:00:19 PM »
Fuck skating in Barcelona, its all about fucking those black hookers that all look like clones of eachother in the portapotties. And trust me, you will have no trouble finding them.

Rusty Champignon

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 07:53:41 AM »
^^ haha, the peepshow on the ramblas is a must

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 04:23:19 AM »
haha, best 2€ i spend there! she slapped her ass. there is also one near parallel

Rusty Champignon

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 04:34:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
haha, best 2€ i spend there! she slapped her ass. there is also one near parallel

the first time I went she didn't do anything, she was just bent over on that spinning bed, but the second time she was getting railed everywhere by some guy called Giovanni, we walked past that one near parallel but it looked gnarly because it had all blacked out windows and stuff so we just left it

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 09:42:20 PM »
If you have at least a month, and youre a normal human, then you'll have no problem meeting up with dudes that are down to lurk around and explore shit.  I just came back from a 10 month visit and skated way too much random shit to mention,  but here's some of my favorites to point you in the right direction.

if youre in the center, definitely hit up barceloneta banks.  everything in the center can be a quick bust, but they are definitely fun to hit up on the way to the beach.

beer banks at the damm factory.  get off the baro viver stop and its down the river by the big factory towers.
while youre there lurk around towards the santa coloma neighborhood.  fun ally way stuff, and theres those brink banks with the concrete slab on the top.

Rubi is one of the funnest spots I've ever been to.  Steve Durante has a line there in Inhabitants (that one with that switch heel).

I just came back about a month ago, and tons of fountains were getting drained all throughout the city.  So keep an eye out for those.  This barca filmer Damien put a little concrete on this one pool next to Sants.  last I heard it's still dry.  check this ish out

Armin; youre not the dude who does the fs 5-0 and front rock are you? because if so i argued with you about selma hayek being hot

Al Bania

• Rep: 42
    • Orchard! avatar image
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 03:12:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Armin; youre not the dude who does the fs 5-0 and front rock are you? because if so i argued with you about selma hayek being hot

nah, thats my homie Jonah, he lives back in SF now. is that where you saw him?  or out there? fucking one of the raddest dudes I've met in a long while.
Im the one eating shit on the switch rocks.

Adair

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2008, 04:14:44 AM »
I just got back a few days ago, thanks everyone who helped me out. I had a hella fun time. There's a 15 minute montage of the whole trip that I'll post in here in a few days time, its in HD and all that jazz...

cav

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008, 03:59:58 PM »
post it up, my buddy's making a full length euro tour video. we should exchange links some time when they're done ahah

danker peaches

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 01:21:49 AM »
I remember spending a whole day looking for the gap that nick d ollied up and found a bunch of sick spots buy just wandering around. I think most of the famous spots are more or less a bust now if any pals are going next summer and want to skate pm me

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 08:42:55 AM »
Go skate that bump thing, that brian anderson tre's off of in the nike video and Silas nollie 180's in inhabitants.

Where is that?

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 08:52:17 AM »
1) Fondo banks
2) Villapicina hip (you're gonna have to hit it quick)
3) Parallel
4) Macba
5) Besos park
6) Forum ledge
7) Universitat ledges (go super late at night)
8) Barcelonetta bank to curb
9) Verri Armat Yellow banks w/ door gap
10) Manolo

danker peaches

cav

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2008, 07:41:29 PM »
fondo's not like that picture anymore. they drilled these metal skatestoppers in the ground in front of every bank except for the big one. maybe they did the big one too by now... so gay

jrock

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2008, 08:49:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

nah, thats my homie Jonah, he lives back in SF now. is that where you saw him?  or out there? fucking one of the raddest dudes I've met in a long while.
Im the one eating shit on the switch rocks.

haha, you know jonah. 

danker peaches

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2008, 02:12:00 AM »
the power washing at macba is going to be earlier starting next year.

Adair

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2008, 06:32:18 AM »
The Barcelona Montage as promised. Save target as each of these links. The first two files are a little big, but just be patient with those, the other shouldn't be so bad as someone off Skate Perception hooked me up with a sweet compression setting. It'll be going on Youtube in a few days with the full animated intro, but I thought I'd just post the parts up for now in quicktime. I'm the guy with the Nikes on all the way through if anyone is wondering.

Paral-lel (Part One)http://e1.video.blip.tv/0990005222065/Adairsy-BarcelonaMontagePartParallel190.mov
Sants (Part Two)  http://e4.video.blip.tv/1450005222675/Adairsy-Sants136.mov
Barceloneta, Forum, Alfons X (Part Three) http://s7.video2.blip.tv/0660000174111/Adairsy-BarcelonaMontagePart3BarcelonetaForum580.mov
Slams (Part Four)http://s7.video2.blip.tv/0660000174108/Adairsy-BarcelonaMontagePart4Slams727.mov
Enders, St. Marti, Uni, Les Courts, Almeda, Port Ledges (Part Five) http://s1.video2.blip.tv/0060000174110/Adairsy-BarceLonaMontagePart5StMartiUniversitatAlmedaPortLedges412.mov
Hope its as fun to watch as it was to make!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 06:34:55 AM by Adair »

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2008, 11:17:52 AM »
Any of you guys know the location/how to get to that triangle-shaped bank where Kenny Anderson does a fs bigspin revert in one of his lines on the elwood promo? I assume that's in BCN. Is that the beer banks? Advice on that would be greatly appreciated.

http://elwoodclothing.com/promo/ElwoodPromoWeb_lg.mov

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2008, 02:15:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Any of you guys know the location/how to get to that triangle-shaped bank where Kenny Anderson does a fs bigspin revert in one of his lines on the elwood promo? I assume that's in BCN. Is that the beer banks? Advice on that would be greatly appreciated.

http://elwoodclothing.com/promo/ElwoodPromoWeb_lg.mov

[close]

All I can say is that the spot with the fs big spin revert is NOT the beer banks.  I know that spot he's skating is "somewhere near the beach", but I wasn't there during my time. 

The beer banks is right next to the Estrella Damm brewery which you can google earth.  It's a bit outside of the actual city of barcelona.

Thanks man. I'm going to BCN in a few weeks. I've been there twice so I've got quite a bit covered but the last time was 4 years ago so a lot has changed and new spots have popped up. I've been able to figure out quite a few new spots thanks to friends and internet but this one is still a mystery.