Author Topic: Child abuse cover up’s in the skate industry  (Read 7175 times)

GOKU

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
Re: Child abuse cover up’s in the skate industry
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2019, 10:29:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can't forget about our boi Brian Patch! I think he might have been one of those cases where he was unaware the girl was under 18 until it was too late (I'll hafta look into it after this post, this shit was eons ago), but that's still not really an excuse... pretty easy clarify a person's age!

EDIT:
http://www.espn.com/action/skateboarding/news/story?id=6542382

" And I can't speak for the prosecution," he added, "but it certainly doesn't help their case when the alleged victim is yelling at the judge, 'He's not guilty!' She told the court that her father had threatened her if she didn't [point the finger at Patch]. "

Hopefully this is true, don't wanna drag an innocent man's name through the mud years after maybe being cleared of any wrongdoing. According to a Muckmouth article from a few years back (and after the incident) he's entered some Combi contests n shit.
[close]
Yea Brian was with Julz, and got sent to jail while Neal(who was doing a lot more seemingly) stayed free.  Brian did skate the legends division last year I think in the combi,probably will again this year too. Neal is banned from skating as far as I know still,haven't looked into it since Julz made her IG post and charges.
[close]
As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, the charges against Hendrix were dropped due to a lack of evidence. Don't know how this effects his role in USA Skateboarding or any of that.
[close]
That was probably me haha, they probably still have him on payroll,but not at events...the commentators at the park series are different now,and he used to be a part of that. He'll definitely get back to where he was unfortunately
[close]
No one fucks with Neal anymore though, so I doubt he'll be a big name in skating again. At least in a good way.

Never particularly was, at least during my 20 year tenure in skateboarding. Who the hell would want his Black Label board when you've got Mike V,  :-* ~ Jim Gagne ~  :-* and JUB! Unless you were like a clueless Jimi Hendrix fan who just started skating or some shit...

Craig Lutzka

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
Re: Child abuse cover up’s in the skate industry
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2019, 10:55:49 AM »
Imagine being 8 years old and you have the nickname trae the tank