Author Topic: Vans sold at Kohls  (Read 13464 times)

Dr Newton

Vans sold at Kohls
« on: August 09, 2008, 05:47:30 PM »

MFS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Vans sold at Kohls
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 05:49:22 PM »
Old news, its called liquidation. Its a common practice for most larger companies.

coop D.O.G.G.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
  • I'm thirsty
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 06:06:53 PM »
almost all department stores sell vans plus its not like they carry any of the good ones besides sk8-his (except who would buy the skull one?)
and here comes coop dogg.....................

ProjectPatrick

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 06:18:55 PM »
Did you really just find this out? Vans has different lines with different shoes in them that are available to different accounts, classics, core, preformance, vault, etc... Their "core" shoes are only available to skateshops. I think that the preformance shoes are the ones being carried in deparment stores although I'm not sure.

Dr Newton

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 06:23:10 PM »
I made this thread to point out that Altamont being sold at Urban Outfitters is no different than your precious Vans being sold at fucking Kohls since about 1998.

bothersome

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 06:28:21 PM »
Well in a sense it is. If you want to get technical, like he stated, vans has many levels of accounts, as does sole technologies.
In stead of just calling every line at vans a totally different name  like soletech has, they just call it all vans and it does make it harder to differentiate between whats "limited" and whats mainstream besides aesthetics.
Where as with altamont versus emerica clothing, it was geared for small shops that catered to a different crowd. Kind of the same thing , just trying to show the correlation between both brands.

Brandon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 06:31:22 PM »
"Flip over the half-pipe in style wearing these men's Vans skate shoes. In black/gray."

i enjoy this.

Cheapboarder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -73
  • IT'S THE GOOCH!
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 06:46:16 PM »
"Flip over the half-pipe in style wearing these men's Vans skate shoes. In black/gray."

i enjoy this.

Wait...Do they want the board to flip or the person who is skating to flip?

TheFrontSeatLife

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 06:52:31 PM »
Expand Quote

i enjoy this.
[close]

Wait...Do they want the board to flip or the person who is skating to flip?

Pelican

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2008, 06:54:36 PM »
i think they want to tip the half pike upside down

Dr Newton

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 07:00:54 PM »
Well in a sense it is. If you want to get technical, like he stated, vans has many levels of accounts, as does sole technologies.
In stead of just calling every line at vans a totally different name  like soletech has, they just call it all vans and it does make it harder to differentiate between whats "limited" and whats mainstream besides aesthetics.
Where as with altamont versus emerica clothing, it was geared for small shops that catered to a different crowd. Kind of the same thing , just trying to show the correlation between both brands.

This post does not make any fucking sense. It's okay for Vans to sell to whomever, because it's more difficult to tell what's a legit skate shoe and what's a piece of shit shoe from Kohls?

bothersome

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2008, 07:07:23 PM »
I never said it was ok, theres no need to get irrational.
I'm not defending anyone or saying it's ok.
Only explaining how they get around(some) people being bummed.
Kinda crazy how vans and nike have convinced people that there are separate companies within a company.
They have tiers of product within the company, limited distribution with unique sku's.
They worked long and hard to engineer this whole thing.
I realize my chukka lows and the grandmas pink/grey/blue kohls vans both are made by the same place and have the same companies logo, but somehow it seems different.
You're right, were all brainwashed.

ProjectPatrick

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2008, 07:31:58 PM »
I made this thread to point out that Altamont being sold at Urban Outfitters is no different than your precious Vans being sold at fucking Kohls since about 1998.
Why the fuck would anyone care about Altamont being sold in Urban Outfitters? Vans has been able to buy my trust so I don't think they're that bad. They've done a lot for the local scene. Plus, their shoes are a lot cheaper than other companies. It also is possible to have distinctly different companies under the same umbrella corporation. Wrangler and Vans are the same thing yet completely different.

Dr Newton

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2008, 07:34:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Why the fuck would anyone care about Altamont being sold in Urban Outfitters? Vans has been able to buy my trust so I don't think they're that bad. They've done a lot for the local scene. Plus, their shoes are a lot cheaper than other companies. It also is possible to have distinctly different companies under the same umbrella corporation. Wrangler and Vans are the same thing yet completely different.

LOL. What do you "trust" them to do that you don't trust Altamont to do?

ProjectPatrick

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 07:44:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

What? I love how you always try to pretend that everything and everyone is so beneath you that it's laughable... Anyway your question really doesn't make much sense considering I just don't care about Altamont being sold in Urban Outfitters similarly to how I don't care about Vans being sold in Kohls. I never contrasted the two companies against one other. Can you try to prove to yourself how smart you are somewhere else?

Dr Newton

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2008, 07:47:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
What? I love how you always try to pretend that everything and everyone is so beneath you that it's laughable... Anyway your question really doesn't make much sense considering I just don't care about Altamont being sold in Urban Outfitters similarly to how I don't care about Vans being sold in Kohls. I never contrasted the two companies against one other. Can you try to prove to yourself how smart you are somewhere else?

Well you are claiming that you "trust" a company. I am asking what there is to trust. They sell shoes. They're not doing you any favors.

ProjectPatrick

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2008, 07:49:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Well you are claiming that you "trust" a company. I am asking what there is to trust. They sell shoes. They're not doing you any favors.
You don't know me. How you do know that they haven't done me any favors?

Edward Penishands

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2008, 08:08:15 PM »

someone likes skin tight pants and over priced tye dye shirts................

bothersome

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2008, 08:10:01 PM »
They actually make really baggy jeans.

Dr Newton

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2008, 08:27:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You're right on base, Edward Penishands. Please don't continue to "expose" me like you have been every post here lately.

Edward Penishands

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2008, 08:33:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You're right on base, Edward Penishands. Please don't continue to "expose" me like you have been every post here lately.

*evil laughter*

scumalot

• Rep: -14
  • kook away bro
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2008, 08:42:21 PM »
lame....

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/landingpages/vans.jsp

dr. newton, youre a hypocritical asshole. you tried to give me shit for starting a thread about ccs, their team and the brands that collaborate with them and youre starting a post about vans in kohls? who gives a fuck.
do you even own a fucking skateboard you twat?

jersey by nature

• Rep: -40
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2008, 09:23:38 PM »
so does macys and models. vans has a special shitty "skate shoes" line.

dvs and other companys have mall lines too for like pac sun and zum zum. there usually bulky d3 type shoes
Don't do what the kids do.

tompettyandtheforeskins

• Rep: 5
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2008, 11:39:29 PM »
It is in both of their interests to sell as many products as possible while maintaining some sort of image that appeals to buyers. Both Kohl's and Urban Outfitters reach a pretty good number of potential buyers one for bargin oriented shoppers and one for hipsters often carrying relatively high end clothing. Why in the fuck would either company not do this as a profit making entity? Whether you buy in to some sort of image that caters to your particular needs is your problem.

Jura

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2008, 08:19:55 AM »
Those kicks at Kohls are like the lowest of the low. Hot garbage. Who gives a shit?

Also, Vans gets a pass because seriously,  "Since 1966".

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2008, 03:43:19 PM »

dr. newton, youre a hypocritical asshole. you tried to give me shit for starting a thread about ccs, their team and the brands that collaborate with them and youre starting a post about vans in kohls? who gives a fuck.
do you even own a fucking skateboard you twat?
you don't really read very well.

Newton, I guess you could say the one difference is that altamont just makes clothes, and nothing specific to skating. Perhaps the fact that it is available at trendy non-skating stores strips it of its identity as a "skate" company, and turns it into a clothing company that sells shit at skate shops like a stussy or Volcom type brand? And vans gets a pass because no matter where you sell them they are still good for skating, which makes it harder to strip it of its skate identity.
Honestly, I don't give a fuck though. Just figured I'd try to dissect it a bit.
I bought my first pair of Vans at Chernin's shoes in a strip mall. This was like 94 or something, so it is old. For a while people did shun vans and airwalk for that shit. Airwalk never recovered.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Mr_Friendly

• Rep: -40
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2008, 04:54:05 PM »
honestly, if these person ass depearment stores carried the current "core" and "skate" shoes, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Do you know how often they have 60% off sales for no reason? If I could roll up to Kohls or Macy's and get two pairs of half cabs for $50, I'd be psyched.
Quote from: Allen.
You're not very friendly...

jalopy james

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2008, 05:12:14 PM »
honestly, if these person ass depearment stores carried the current "core" and "skate" shoes, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Do you know how often they have 60% off sales for no reason? If I could roll up to Kohls or Macy's and get two pairs of half cabs for $50, I'd be psyched.
KFC should give cockatiels with their variety bucket, so you can eat one bird and love another.

phillip dominguez

• Rep: 15
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2008, 04:29:06 AM »
this doesn't have shit to do with this topic, but i've gotten nike sbs at nordstrom rack in my town dirt cheap, and i've seen es accels there too i guess the thing i'm trying to say is you find "core" skate goods everywhere these days.

yerp215

• Rep: 6
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2008, 05:52:00 AM »
vans didnt start out as a skate company. skaters just adopted the brand and vans caught on and marketed their shoes towards skaters. its not like they started out as a "skate company" and then started selling in department stores. its not like they are skater owned and they turn to the dark side by sellin to whack places. they can sell wherever they want and id still buy their shoes.