Author Topic: Vans sold at Kohls  (Read 13504 times)

tompettyandtheforeskins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Vans sold at Kohls
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2008, 09:15:23 AM »
vans didnt start out as a skate company. skaters just adopted the brand and vans caught on and marketed their shoes towards skaters. its not like they started out as a "skate company" and then started selling in department stores. its not like they are skater owned and they turn to the dark side by sellin to whack places. they can sell wherever they want and id still buy their shoes.

This guy gets it.

gravel pitch

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2008, 09:50:38 AM »
Vans are still rad. When I was first starting off I used to get these really cheap vans from this shoe store at the local mall. They were really bad quality, but the got me through my first few years of skateboarding.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2008, 12:49:13 PM »
this doesn't have shit to do with this topic, but i've gotten nike sbs at nordstrom rack in my town dirt cheap, and i've seen es accels there too i guess the thing i'm trying to say is you find "core" skate goods everywhere these days.
Ross has tons of overstock skate shoes. When Koston left es I came through with handfuls of Koston es's from there.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Brent212

• Rep: 1
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2008, 04:36:01 PM »
Funny, because the local Vans skatepark was replaced by a Kohl's like 4 years ago.

Sony MDR V2 headphones

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2008, 04:44:20 PM »
Expand Quote
this doesn't have shit to do with this topic, but i've gotten nike sbs at nordstrom rack in my town dirt cheap, and i've seen es accels there too i guess the thing i'm trying to say is you find "core" skate goods everywhere these days.
[close]
Ross has tons of overstock skate shoes. When Koston left es I came through with handfuls of Koston es's from there.

now that you guys have manned up first, i got some vans chukkas at marshalls 20$.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 457
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2008, 04:48:57 PM »
I went to Ross once. I came out with 6 pairs of Accels.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2008, 05:46:58 PM »
hardly art, hardly starving

Baby Rabies

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2008, 06:42:13 PM »
A corporate shoe company being sold at a chain of department stores? SHOCKING

skatemore,man

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2008, 07:36:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I made this thread to point out that Altamont being sold at Urban Outfitters is no different than your precious Vans being sold at fucking Kohls since about 1998.
[close]
Why the fuck would anyone care about Altamont being sold in Urban Outfitters? Vans has been able to buy my trust so I don't think they're that bad. They've done a lot for the local scene. Plus, their shoes are a lot cheaper than other companies. It also is possible to have distinctly different companies under the same umbrella corporation. Wrangler and Vans are the same thing yet completely different.
[close]

LOL. What do you "trust" them to do that you don't trust Altamont to do?
[close]
What? I love how you always try to pretend that everything and everyone is so beneath you that it's laughable... Anyway your question really doesn't make much sense considering I just don't care about Altamont being sold in Urban Outfitters similarly to how I don't care about Vans being sold in Kohls. I never contrasted the two companies against one other. Can you try to prove to yourself how smart you are somewhere else?
[close]

Well you are claiming that you "trust" a company. I am asking what there is to trust. They sell shoes. They're not doing you any favors.

I trust VANS to make good shoes.

Trust has nothing to do with one (although a company can't really be spoken of on a personal level, using words like "one" or "they" just doesn't really work) producing "favors." In my eyes trust on all levels has to do with consistency, and VANS consistently makes a good product.

Skate shoes aren't something that i really fuck around with, i ride VANS and that's about it; i usually buy them from a VANS outlet store. As far as clothing stores go, I'll buy clothes from just about anywhere with the exception of Hollister (due to a lingering notion that Hitler's cronies would have loved the "image" of white people looking so fucking homogenized and ghey). Kohls has some inexpensive good quality stuff sometimes, Urban outfitters is overpriced, again homogenized, and again ghey.

don't be so ghey.

cheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2008, 05:55:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

now that you guys have manned up first, i got some vans chukkas at marshalls 20$.
shit... i just picked up some vox neil blenders at ross for 18$  they sell lakai there too.  so core.
http://cheepshit.tumblr.com/
the worst in jacksonville skateboarding

sweatloaf

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2008, 07:58:46 AM »
Expand Quote
I made this thread to point out that Altamont being sold at Urban Outfitters is no different than your precious Vans being sold at fucking Kohls since about 1998.
[close]
Why the fuck would anyone care about Altamont being sold in Urban Outfitters? Vans has been able to buy my trust so I don't think they're that bad. They've done a lot for the local scene. Plus, their shoes are a lot cheaper than other companies. It also is possible to have distinctly different companies under the same umbrella corporation. Wrangler and Vans are the same thing yet completely different.

Wrangler butts drive me nuts