Author Topic: bikes  (Read 305874 times)

sven thorkel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: bikes
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2008, 04:35:55 PM »
Expand Quote
look man, i ride it to work and back. is there anything wrong with that? should i skate to work? it takes 20 mins to drive to work, 30 mins to bike, 2 hours to skate, or an hour taking a bus-train-bus. what would you do? its not like i have a bike just to go to skate seshes
[close]
Nah, nothing wrong with that. I already said that. But you don't need to make a thread about it. I've never made a BART thread, like "dude, riding on a train under the San Francisco bay is sooooo cool. Let's all talk about how rad public transit is and post up pictures of the trains we ride."

jsoy already made a similar joke, you gotta freshen up your zings before you get mencia status. you could have mentioned a segway thread, those are pretty popular to hate on. or you could have gone with the more underground jab and mentioned zorbing, you would have had the new zealanders giggling. plus, there have been many threads about cars
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

Jimmy909

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2008, 04:37:52 PM »
I've actually never owned a bike. So i can't ride them for shit. I'll stick to skateboards i think

Whirling Dervish

• Rep: 5
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2008, 05:02:49 PM »
Bikes are not that great actually.....I mean have you ever taken the seabus?  It's the fucking BEST!!.....while all you bikers are killing yourself riding across the bridge.......I'll be kicking back crusing across the water.....

One of my favorite things in Vacouver, if not Canada.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2008, 07:05:11 PM »
I bought a bike off a crackhead last night for $10. I felt so bad about the karma attached with it, that I sold it for $18 later on to a friend.

Then, we did dial a bottle and drank till sunrise.
Nothing like making a quick buck off your friends to repair a little karma.

keystonepremium

« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2008, 07:10:04 PM »

i ride this thing once in a while. ill definitely be giving it more miles once classes start.

Lincoln Hawk

• Rep: -2
« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2008, 10:58:55 AM »
i like bikes and all but just remember gears are for queers.

kevbo999

« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2008, 03:13:41 PM »
Just bought this for 60 bucks...

I thought it only needed a tube, which costs $10.. but it also needed a new tire and fork, which brings the grand total from $60 to $120.  Fuuuuuck.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2008, 03:20:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
look man, i ride it to work and back. is there anything wrong with that? should i skate to work? it takes 20 mins to drive to work, 30 mins to bike, 2 hours to skate, or an hour taking a bus-train-bus. what would you do? its not like i have a bike just to go to skate seshes
[close]
Nah, nothing wrong with that. I already said that. But you don't need to make a thread about it. I've never made a BART thread, like "dude, riding on a train under the San Francisco bay is sooooo cool. Let's all talk about how rad public transit is and post up pictures of the trains we ride."
[close]

jsoy already made a similar joke, you gotta freshen up your zings before you get mencia status. you could have mentioned a segway thread, those are pretty popular to hate on. or you could have gone with the more underground jab and mentioned zorbing, you would have had the new zealanders giggling. plus, there have been many threads about cars
Actually, my quote was first. His was a joke on my comment. And when he put it up it actually made me second guess the idea that a public transit thread would be lame. Threads about cars are lame though. Not to mention zorbing! - that's the best I can do with zorbing, since I don't know what it is.
whatever though...biking will keep you healthy and have a better environmental impact than cars, so there are definitely worse things.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2008, 04:57:54 PM »
not to rekindle the flame, cause it seemed you have mellowed out, but jsoy was the first with the bus joke (near the top of second page, you didnt come into this thread until the middle of the 2nd page). i know it aint a big deal, i just dont wanna be a Dr. Newton like poster making false claims, while i dont really care if your the owner of einstein's patent office

PS. heres what zorbing is
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 05:15:45 PM by sven thorkel »

I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Foray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Miglios
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2008, 05:09:56 PM »
One of my friends also brought his roadbike to school, so last night we rode up to the music building, smoked a blunt, and enjoyed a nice long downhill cruise back through the campus.  I think I might be doing this every night. 

Claude Tanner

• Rep: 24
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2008, 12:29:16 PM »
Bought this off my friend, so many thing are fucked with it but it's too much fun to ride and gets home from the bar and the park a lot faster then the train.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2008, 02:50:45 PM »
not to rekindle the flame, cause it seemed you have mellowed out, but jsoy was the first with the bus joke (near the top of second page, you didnt come into this thread until the middle of the 2nd page). i know it aint a big deal, i just dont wanna be a Dr. Newton like poster making false claims, while i dont really care if your the owner of einstein's patent office

PS. heres what zorbing is

must've missed it. oh well.

But that is zorbing? I've seen video of that before, and it looks super fun! So down to try that. You just bounce and spin down a hill and are totally cushioned right? Sounds fun. I bet you could have some fucked up fun with that in a place like San Francisco. Let me guess though- you've seen it in real life and its some kook shit huh?

Marty Mcfly

• Rep: 40
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2008, 03:24:07 PM »
Ey, its totally badass to go to spots on cheap bike, and why would anyone longboard  and carry a skateboard to go to local park

look at pops, here these bikes dont chunk up ledges yo

Pro Baby Yeah!

burritobell666

• Rep: 25
  • let's sit and chat
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2008, 03:34:07 PM »
i've got a fixed gear, its so much fun

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2008, 11:22:19 AM »
This is my car:

I saw this dude with his bike my last night in Portland this summer.  He had just gotten done bombing zoo hill, I thought it was pretty crazy:

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

HGDhero

• Rep: 32
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2008, 11:43:06 AM »
I love my bike,  but i dont really rock it that much anymore after moving to SF. Such a fashion statment here, everyone walking their pimped out bikes that match their outfits, etc. I Just ride the old BART/ skateboard everywhere.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2008, 04:13:10 PM »
I saw this dude with his bike my last night in Portland this summer.  He had just gotten done bombing zoo hill, I thought it was pretty crazy:

how in the world do you ride something like that?

kevbo999

« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2008, 04:23:17 PM »
Just bought this for 60 bucks...

The bike shop replaced the bent, black fork with a fucking lime green one.  I gotta grab some spraypaint from work and cover it up.

ZipZinger

« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2008, 04:28:48 PM »

i ride this thing once in a while. ill definitely be giving it more miles once classes start.

Same one I have.

jonerikwhite

• Rep: -2
« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2008, 04:35:38 PM »
i dont have any pics right now, but im fixed

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2008, 09:42:14 PM »
what if you want to have kids later on in life?

Edward Penishands

« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2008, 09:45:24 PM »
when is everyone going to be over this fixed gear fad? 

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2008, 09:47:31 PM »
probably when they start making a cheaper zorb

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2008, 11:42:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

how in the world do you ride something like that?
The guy said he put his knees on the pegs where the pedals are supposed to be, his shins on the pegs in the back, chest on the handle bar pads, point down hill and hold the fuck on.  Throw it on the front of the bus to go back up and do it again.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: August 28, 2008, 01:35:28 AM »
Its funny, me and some friends were joking about fixed gears, and the idea of a bike without pedals came up, I guess we weren't too far off.

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2008, 10:32:58 AM »
you know fixed gears are just unicycles more hip cousin

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2008, 10:49:42 AM »
you know fixed gears are just unicycles more hip cousin
Or like a unicycle with a training wheel

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #117 on: August 28, 2008, 07:33:40 PM »
i like bikes and all but just remember gears are for queers.
Fuck that man, I smoke too much. Coasting is a-ok with me.

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2008, 07:36:14 PM »
i mean technically, they are fixed sprocket bikes

baxty

« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2008, 07:40:50 PM »
I have a bmx bike, its cool and shit. I'm much more comfy turning at high speeds on that this then on a mountain bike which I'd probably eat shit on. But on Mountain bikes I can go like 100 mph and it won't even hurt and I wouldn't have to stand up. And with a beach crusher you can crush comfy but you don't get as much speed, you don't have shocks, and you can't ride down a couple stairs instead of getting off.

P.S. I want a new bike kinda.