Author Topic: bikes  (Read 304701 times)

BabyKillaSeason

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
    • AnotherDudeWithABlog avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
bikes
« on: August 20, 2008, 08:48:14 PM »
anyone psyched on bikes in here? if so what kind or kinds? post pics.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
Re: bikes
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 08:52:03 PM »
right now i'm kinda repping the 'if you don't skate you don't relate' mentality....

i look at longboarders now and have to like them more....

The Conqueror Worm

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 08:54:19 PM »
i love bikes.

BabyKillaSeason

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 08:55:57 PM »
here's mine. super cheap, only like 200, its a single speed. kinda fun, gonna upgrade to something better soon though.

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 09:01:35 PM »
I'm getting an old schwinn bike soon. I'll try and get a picture of it.

EDIT

This is what it looks like kind of.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 09:03:45 PM by KrookedEyes »
The answer is Dutch Masters, you fat fucking catastrophe.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 09:04:20 PM »
We have many, these are just the australian ones, currently I ride the red one.  I pretty much only buy used bikes, usually cheaply since I am just commuting.

Gatoraids

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 09:05:56 PM »

I have one like this but blue. Got it at a yard sale for 50 bucks, super fun to ride. I also have a old Huffy (1960 something) made in England and I have a single speed conversion project that I need to finish. Riding bikes is super fun.

BabyKillaSeason

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 09:06:25 PM »
here's what i'm upgrading too. it's a fixed gear, i know they are hipster-esque but i rode my friends and it was soo fun.

BabyKillaSeason

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 09:07:06 PM »

I have one like this but blue. Got it at a yard sale for 50 bucks, super fun to ride. I also have a old Huffy (1960 something) made in England and I have a single speed conversion project that I need to finish. Riding bikes is super fun.

that cruiser looks sick.

dopEST

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 09:09:05 PM »
eh, i had a road bike. road it downtown and around the city a few times. Then It just got shitty so now its fucked.

dopEST

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 09:10:57 PM »
here's what i'm upgrading too. it's a fixed gear, i know they are hipster-esque but i rode my friends and it was soo fun.

how much?

Gatoraids

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 09:14:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

that cruiser looks sick.

It is really fun to ride, I just have to be careful going down hills so I don't peddle to fast and pop the chain (no brakes, it is a coaster brake). I ride it around a lot with my youngest daughter.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 09:23:58 PM »
Yeah I love bikes. I've got a handful... I commute on a late 1960s Bianchi road bike converted to fixie. My little brother built it and gave it to me when he started training competitively.

I also love antique bikes and have a 1961 Belknap Bluegrass:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14481975@N04/2783506688/

A Pre-WWII Western Flyer:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14481975@N04/1541473923/in/set-72157602368538223/

And a 1931 Excelsior. This bike is my favorite. The frame size/geometry is actually from the 1920s and was made to fit 28" thin tires, but  was retrofitted with 26" balloon tires by the vender as those fat tire bikes became all the rage in the 30s. It's known as  a transitional bike.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14481975@N04/1542339016/in/set-72157602368537899/

I rode the shit out of all these bikes and unfortunately wreaked havoc on the rear hubs. :(

Edit: Sorry for the busted photo links. I'll probably just have to post links/not embed the pics.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 09:49:36 PM by jesco white »

BabyKillaSeason

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 09:24:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
how much?

it retails for 500 or so but my sister works at a bike store so i'm getting it for 250ish.

BabyKillaSeason

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 09:25:43 PM »
Yeah I love bikes. I've got a handful... I commute on a late 1960s Bianchi road bike converted to fixie. My little brother built it and gave it to me when he started training competitively.

I also love antique bikes and have a 1961 Belknap Bluegrass:

A Pre-WWII Western Flyer:

And a 1931 Excelsior. This bike is my favorite. The frame size/geometry is actually from the 1920s and was made to fit 28" thin tires, but  was retrofitted with 26" balloon tires by the vender as those fat tire bikes became all the rage in the 30s. It's know as  a transitional bike.

i'm pissed i can't see any of these photos.

Dr Newton

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 09:47:51 PM »
I'm getting an old schwinn bike soon. I'll try and get a picture of it.

EDIT

This is what it looks like kind of.

My little brother has this exact same bike. It's pretty tight.

Edward Penishands

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 09:49:17 PM »
I usually ride my dads bike, but the other day my mom brought me home this 1937 Schwinn contraption. I was riding it across town and these jock bro's yelled out "NICE BIKE FAG" and I made a sour face inside.

are you sure they weren't skateboarders?

Gatoraids

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 09:50:39 PM »
I usually ride my dads bike, but the other day my mom brought me home this 1937 Schwinn contraption. I was riding it across town and these jock bro's yelled out "NICE BIKE FAG" and I made a sour face inside.

Dude you should have been stoked. Watch my video on haters. Fuck jocks!

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 09:52:39 PM »
i'm pissed i can't see any of these photos.
Links fixed. I'm kinda photo regular; I can only embed photos on here if I find them on google image search.

cat

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 09:53:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

are you sure they weren't skateboarders?

yes. I know everyone who skates in my town, these guys have huge massive jock dicks

cat

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008, 10:00:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you are so mean

Gatoraids

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2008, 10:06:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you are so mean

This place made me a bitter old man. I really like your bikes, I have an old Raleigh made Huffy 3 speed that would be right up your alley.

Dr Newton

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2008, 10:20:24 PM »
I am wondering why it's okay to ride a fucking bike, but not okay to surf or longboard. I've never seen any surfers destroy granite ledges to the point that they are no longer skateable.

Gatoraids

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2008, 10:25:18 PM »
I am wondering why it's okay to ride a fucking bike, but not okay to surf or longboard. I've never seen any surfers destroy granite ledges to the point that they are no longer skateable.

There is a huge difference between me riding my bike to get places and stupid idiots who can't skate riding bikes and destroying skate spots. I also own a Toy Machine long board that I like to ride around.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2008, 10:29:30 PM »
haha Exactly.  But most skaters ride bikes for transportation.  Not I, simply because a lot of the time while riding my skateboard as transportation I'll pass by a new spot or one that I really want to skate and I can skate it really quick.  On a bike I would just be punching myself in the face for not having my board to immediately shred that spot.

Dr Newton

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2008, 10:32:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There is a huge difference between me riding my bike to get places and stupid idiots who can't skate riding bikes and destroying skate spots. I also own a Toy Machine long board that I like to ride around.

I'm not saying any are bad. I just remember a longboarder here catching a firestorm of SLAP hate, while this thread seems like it's pretty popular. Where is the rationale here?

Gatoraids

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2008, 10:36:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
haha Exactly.  But most skaters ride bikes for transportation.  Not I, simply because a lot of the time while riding my skateboard as transportation I'll pass by a new spot or one that I really want to skate and I can skate it really quick.  On a bike I would just be punching myself in the face for not having my board to immediately shred that spot.

I like to skate for transportation as well, unfortunately the roads here are so rough in spots that it is impossible to skate with anything other then cruiser wheels. Also if I am riding my bike it is to the store, to the park with my daughter, or with my board on my back to skate.   

Gatoraids

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2008, 10:37:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm not saying any are bad. I just remember a longboarder here catching a firestorm of SLAP hate, while this thread seems like it's pretty popular. Where is the rationale here?

I have nothing against longboarders. I have a friend who bombs hills on longboards and has hit at least 50 miles perhour. That shit is straight gnar.

Dr Newton

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2008, 10:41:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I like to skate for transportation as well, unfortunately the roads here are so rough in spots that it is impossible to skate with anything other then cruiser wheels. Also if I am riding my bike it is to the store, to the park with my daughter, or with my board on my back to skate.   

This made me think about that episode of South Park where Cartman jumps 50 homeless people on his skateboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh11pUsHzrI

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2008, 10:44:21 PM »
It's not okay to surf?  But it is fun.