Author Topic: Name that spot.  (Read 2782 times)

sage

Name that spot.
« on: April 10, 2009, 05:14:21 PM »
This spot has been around forever and its in tons of videos but what is it called? First trick that comes to mind is Marc Johnson's ender in Yea Right!

3:52

Its like a drive way outside some building. Why is this spot so damn popular? Share your knowledge.

mcpeepants

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
Re: Name that spot.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 06:48:59 PM »
I'd guess because it slopes up so it's easier than just a regular curb-to-curb gap.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 08:51:42 PM »
i think its called the vanowen bump, but i'm not 100% on that.

Gest

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 09:54:02 PM »
i think tuna is right. they called it that in an old skateboard mag, like one of the first ones

Boobies

• Rep: -8
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 10:10:51 AM »

1:52

I've seen that spot a few times and it looks so amazing, I'm pretty sure it's in Barcelona but that's all i know

WWD4D?

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 01:14:33 PM »

1:39 - 1:48
I've seen this spot in numerous videos but does anyone know what its called?
I actually don't live too far from it, it's like a 20 minute skate from where I live to get to it, I'm just curious as to what people call it though.

HoneyBear

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 04:48:10 PM »
What about that spot that's like an 11 stair and it has a real tall handrail and Andrew Reynolds did a fakie frontside flip, sw frontside flip, nollie inward heel, sw back heel, and a fakie tre down it.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 06:13:45 PM »
What about that spot that's like an 11 stair and it has a real tall handrail and Andrew Reynolds did a fakie frontside flip, sw frontside flip, nollie inward heel, sw back heel, and a fakie tre down it.
i'm not sure about a real rall handrai?l but, if you're talking about what i think you are, we always called that thing the "brick town 10" reynolds also did sw front 360, nollie big spin, nollie fs flip, nollie fs heel?

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

HoneyBear

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 06:29:11 PM »
Nah nigga he did switch bs heel down in in baker has a deathwish and koston switch fs 360ed it in full flared and i think josh harmony did a kickflip front board on the rail in ride the sky

BriDen

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 07:23:24 PM »
Nah nigga he did switch bs heel down in in baker has a deathwish and koston switch fs 360ed it in full flared and i think josh harmony did a kickflip front board on the rail in ride the sky
La Canada

MEOW

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
    • Stardust Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 11:27:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i'm not sure about a real rall handrai?l but, if you're talking about what i think you are, we always called that thing the "brick town 10" reynolds also did sw front 360, nollie big spin, nollie fs flip, nollie fs heel?

bricktown ten is the set reynolds nollie front 3ed at the end of his bonus emerica part. also koston back noseblunt, greco back 3, heath back lip shove, appleyard nollie back heel, etc etc

bandini

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 01:32:10 AM »
The vanowen bump is in Burbank - no idea where though. I have a strong feeling that spot is a lot harder to skate than it looks in videos. If you look closely, the landing is extremely narrow and not very smooth-looking.

HoneyBear

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 03:09:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
La Canada
Ok thanks.And what about the kinked handrail from Arto Saari's ender in minfield. I've seen that place in a lot of vids.

youngblood

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2009, 03:29:51 AM »
whats that spot, it looks like a school, tons of ledges/manny pads. people have skated it forever, the first thing comes to mind is chris cole's lines there in in bloom. and there's all little curbs close to each other and he does like nollie flip up the first one, kiky up the second then nollie back heel up the top one, then continues with his line. ronnie creager also has a bunch of shit there in his what if bonus part.

Dr. Newton 2.0

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 10:39:11 AM »
whats that spot, it looks like a school, tons of ledges/manny pads. people have skated it forever, the first thing comes to mind is chris cole's lines there in in bloom. and there's all little curbs close to each other and he does like nollie flip up the first one, kiky up the second then nollie back heel up the top one, then continues with his line. ronnie creager also has a bunch of shit there in his what if bonus part.

Omg, I don't know the name, but this is probably the sickest spot in America...

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 09:27:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

chaffey. inland empire

nolliefeebs

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 09:33:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

chaffey. inland empire
trilogy wouldnt have been the same without it

youngblood

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2009, 11:15:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

shut the fuck up. y
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

chaffey. inland empire

thanks, haven't seen much of it lately.