Author Topic: Feeling anixous all the time due to smoking too much weed?  (Read 4414 times)

snitchers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 36
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Feeling anixous all the time due to smoking too much weed?
« on: September 20, 2008, 05:40:44 PM »
Over the last few weeks ive felt anxious 24/7 unless there is something to look forward too.

Has anyone else experienced this? Also ive done a few tabs of acid recently as well, I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it though...

frisco

Re: Feeling anixous all the time due to smoking too much weed?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 08:27:47 PM »
Don't think the acid has anything to do with it, I went through the same stuff but its when I was high I would start to feel anxiety, weed would trigger my anxiety attacks it sucked ass, there's still times when I wont blaze, I used to blaze anytime, now I only blaze if I know what I'm doing right after or that night, playing golf, skating, or relaxing in my room, FUCK blazing and going to parties, bars and clubs. Once im drunk I dont care, but going to one of those places really stoned is a death trap

blizzy

• Rep: -20
  • keep on runnin'
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 08:43:10 PM »
sitting in your room, blazing a blunt to your face and going on SLAP isn't exactly the best thing for your mind. after you've had a few beers with some GOOD friends, pass around a joint and you'll feel ok. i find that when i'm with friends who are also high it's easier to talk about dumb shit and not have anxiety. i'm not saying you can't smoke a bowl by yourself but just dont smoke substantial amounts of weed

Gatoraids

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 08:44:46 PM »
Put down the bong, dust off your skateboard, find a red or yellow curb, slappy the hell out of it, repeat as needed.

jrock

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 08:49:52 PM »
my friend gets really serious panic attacks because of weed.  i've seen the dude freak out and jump out of a moving car and just start running down the street.  the panic attacks really fucked him up for a long time and he still can't even talk about drugs without freaking out. 

bobby digital

• Rep: 16
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 09:46:49 PM »
my friend gets really serious panic attacks because of weed.  i've seen the dude freak out and jump out of a moving car and just start running down the street.  the panic attacks really fucked him up for a long time and he still can't even talk about drugs without freaking out. 

i dont know what i would do if i went through that shit

Pelican

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 10:00:48 PM »
it'll never go away, might as well just off yourself

tonycoxhox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
    • journal blog. avatar image
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 10:10:10 PM »
i hope i dont start getting anxiety from weed. its the only drug that i actually really like.
"we were going digital, ignoring all but the most core matter from history and focusing on the most complicated structures in order to make our lives more simple, but we could not escape from the cage, the past, and "reality" so we surrendered to short term drug euphoria." - John Albertson (on LSD)

VeganShawn

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 10:31:29 PM »
if it happens a lot you're probably predisposed to anxiety, lots of good medications for it

SleepyPeePee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 11:06:47 PM »
i smoke to relax and chill out.

if your trippin out and getting anxiety/panic attacks, you probably shouldn't get baked.
would you rather hear "woo" from the omar salazar pack? i wouldn't. their "yeahs" are genuine, and cool. "yeah" has been the battle cry of skaters for as long as i can remember.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 01:51:27 AM »
First time I ever got high was in my backyard with my friend, and it was good at first but I felt like I was going to pass out so I went inside to lie on my bed, where I started to sweat profusely, like I'd just been exercising in the hot sun or something, but I was freezing cold. It was terrifying and I was worried I was going to die. I don't know if it was an anxiety attack, or serotonin syndrome, as I was on anti-deppresants at the time for my mononucleosis. Barely touched weed since then, although since being off medication I haven't had a similar episode.

HUNKYDORY.

• Rep: 8
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 02:06:36 AM »
First time I ever got high was in my backyard with my friend, and it was good at first but I felt like I was going to pass out so I went inside to lie on my bed, where I started to sweat profusely, like I'd just been exercising in the hot sun or something, but I was freezing cold. It was terrifying and I was worried I was going to die. I don't know if it was an anxiety attack, or serotonin syndrome, as I was on anti-deppresants at the time for my mononucleosis. Barely touched weed since then, although since being off medication I haven't had a similar episode.

Dude that's pretty trippy, personally i would of freaked out big time.

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 05:53:28 AM »
Maybe smoke a different strand?
The answer is Dutch Masters, you fat fucking catastrophe.

blizzy

• Rep: -20
  • keep on runnin'
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 07:34:48 AM »
haha, this is so true. each kindof weed puts me in a different mood. the "skunk 1" stuff gives me anxiety, kush usually brings out creative ideas, shwag just gets me high enough to enjoy videogames more.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 07:42:48 AM »
just having a toke off a one hit instead of blasting the bong is how i manage weed paranoia and if i do get too hi, then i go with what vegan said or a beer.

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2008, 07:43:27 AM »

that's what i was going to say, with all these hybrids between cannabis indica and sativa, there are so many different "highs" - and effects, like anxiety - from the same plant, just different strain. there's actually a list of what incurs what (i.e. body high, cerebral high, couchlock, uppity high, etc...) online somewhere, some medical marijuana site. can't tell you how accurate it is, but word. and good luck finding those strains once you do figure out what does what.
:) I must have been tripping last night

skatemore,man

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2008, 09:35:03 AM »
. I had a panic attack while smoking twice. The herb just exacerbated the pre existing stress.

Meditate and exercise everyday and you'll be able to smoke the gnarliest head weed out there. you need to find a way to clear your mind. Anxiety stems from an uncontrolled overly active mind.

If you're prone to anxiety dosing isn't really the best idea, depending on how much you eat, it's self induced temporary schizophrenia.

OR, you can eat some mushrooms, walk into the woods alone, and teach yourself to be rid of anxiety. It will be a difficult struggle. In fact it will be an epic battle. Bring water and blankets, a pillow too. Find a walking stick and just go. It works. It's a vision quest of sorts.

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2008, 09:44:41 AM »
I have the exact same issue. Never been able to enjoy weed. Too bad because it is much less toxic to the body than alcohol (which is not saying much).
Below is a medical explanation of the phenomenon, I work in a hospital and I have seen this happen so many times. One time i walked in on a kid in the ER who had been given a benzo after a seizure. Instead of being sedated he took off his clothes, showing everyone his boner, and was trying to crawl up the walls after imaginary butterflies. Even his parents and sister were cracking up.
As you will see, sometimes overdosing can cause a paradoxical reaction, which is why taking one hit instead of many could decrease the risk. This has only kind of worked for me in the past.
It is interesting to note that even though people usually get mellowed out by THC, it has a stimulant effect on the brain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradoxical_reaction
A paradoxical reaction is when medical treatment, usually a drug, has an opposite effect to an effect normally expected.

An example of a paradoxical reaction is when a pain relief medication causes an increase in pain. Some sedatives prescribed for adults, actually cause hyperactivity in children.

Benzodiazepines, a class of psychoactive drugs called the "minor" tranquilizers, have varying hypnotic, sedative, anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, and muscle relaxing properties, but they may create the exact opposite effects. Susceptible individuals may respond to benzodiazepine treatment with an increase in anxiety, agitation, aggressiveness and even convulsions. Paradoxical effects of benzodiazepines appear to be dose related, that is, likelier to occur with higher doses.[1]

Chlorpromazine, an antipsychotic and antiemetic drug, which is classed as a "major" tranquilizer may cause paradoxical effects such as agitation, excitement, insomnia, bizarre dreams, aggravation of psychotic symptoms and toxic confusional states.[2]
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008, 04:43:18 AM »
Anyone have any information about weed and cancer?

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 07:20:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Would this be the same friend that used to smoke so much weed that he wiped his ass with coffee filters for two weeks cause he was too stoned and lazy to go across the street to Walgreen's for some toilet paper?  The same friend who walked from room to room with the ONE working light bulb cause he was too stoned to go across the street to Walgreen's for a pack of light bulbs?
do more yoga!

VeganShawn

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 08:24:32 AM »

Meditate and exercise everyday and you'll be able to smoke the gnarliest head weed out there. you need to find a way to clear your mind. Anxiety stems from an uncontrolled overly active mind.

OR, you can eat some mushrooms, walk into the woods alone, and teach yourself to be rid of anxiety. It will be a difficult struggle. In fact it will be an epic battle. Bring water and blankets, a pillow too. Find a walking stick and just go. It works. It's a vision quest of sorts.

For anyone predisposed to anxiety this is simply terrible advice.

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2008, 08:37:23 AM »

The figure most doctors throw around is that any amount of weed smoked is equivalent to smoking 10 to 20 times as much tobacco in terms of lung damage/cancer. Mouth and throat cancer, stroke, and heart disease risks are not included in that figure.

The reason weed is considered way more noxious is that it is smoked unfiltered, it contains "woody" substances such as stems and seeds, and it usually contains unregulated amounts of pesticides and other contaminants. But it must be remembered that people smoke much less amounts of weed than cigarettes: a few hits vs hundreds of drags a day.

Also, a funny thing to know is that weed is a main culprit in man-boobs and can even cause milk to come out of them. I pasted a couple articles below.

* Ian Sample, science correspondent
    * The Guardian,
    * Tuesday July 31 2007
    * Article history

A single cannabis joint may cause as much damage to the lungs as five chain-smoked cigarettes, research has found. Medical examinations of cannabis and cigarette smokers found the drug increased specific lung problems, including obstructed airways and hyperinflation, a condition where too much air remains in the lungs when a person exhales.

Smoking one cannabis joint caused damage equivalent to smoking 2.5 to five cigarettes in rapid succession, researchers at the Medical Research Institute of New Zealand found. Doctors who carried out the study believe the damage is linked to the difference in the way cannabis is usually smoked, with users inhaling hard, holding their breath for longer and failing to use filters.

The report follows a flurry of confessions from ministers who admitted having used the illegal drug and comes days after a review of cannabis research, published in the Lancet medical journal, revealed that cannabis use may be to blame for 800 cases of serious psychosis in Britain.

The scientists set out to investigate whether smoking cannabis put users at greater risk of developing emphysema, a progressive and potentially fatal lung disease.

A group of 339 volunteers aged 18 to 70 were divided into four groups according to whether they smoked only cannabis, only tobacco, both, or were non-smokers. Each volunteer was then subjected to lung function tests and x-ray scans of their chests to assess the level of damage to their lungs and airways.

In the study, published in the journal Thorax, all smokers complained of coughs and wheezing, while only tobacco smokers showed signs of emphysema. Coughing was reduced among people who smoked cannabis and tobacco, possibly because these people smoked pure cannabis joints and so less tobacco leaf.

The extent of lung damage was directly related to the number of joints smoked. "The most important finding was that one joint of cannabis was similar to 2.5 to five tobacco cigarettes in terms of causing airflow obstruction," the authors write. "This pattern is likely to relate to the different characteristics of the cannabis joint and the way in which it is smoked. Cannabis is usually smoked without a filter and to a shorter butt length, and the smoke is a higher temperature," they add.

from the AA of Family Physicians:

Galactorrhea: What You Should Know About It

What is galactorrhea?

Sometimes a woman's breasts make milk even though she is not pregnant or breastfeeding. This condition is called galactorrhea (say: guh-lack-tuh-ree-ah). The milk may come from one or both breasts. It may leak on its own or only when the breasts are touched. Men can have galactorrhea, too, but it is more common in women.

What causes galactorrhea?

Galactorrhea has many causes, although sometimes a cause cannot be found. Here are some possible causes:

* Some medicines, like hormones, birth control pills, antidepressants, and blood pressure medicine
    * Herbal medicines, such as nettle, fennel, blessed thistle, anise, and fenugreek seed
    * Street drugs, like marijuana and opiates
    * Hormone imbalances
    * Clothes that irritate the breasts, like scratchy shirts or bras that don't fit well
    * Too frequent breast self-exams (daily exams)
    * Stimulating the breasts during sex
    * Tumors of the pituitary (say: pih-too-ih-terry) gland in the brain. These tumors are rare. They usually are not serious.
    * In newborn babies, hormones from the mother are passed on to the baby during birth.
    * Thyroid disease
    * Kidney failure

[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

skatemore,man

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2008, 09:36:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's about controlling ones own mind. In such a situation, one would learn. people have done it since the beginning of time, anxiety hasn't been a medical concern until recently. i'm left to wonder where in lies the validity of such things...

skatemore,man

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2008, 09:40:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Also, a funny thing to know is that weed is a main culprit in man-boobs

thats where these things came from. damnit.

VeganShawn

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2008, 11:43:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It's about controlling ones own mind. In such a situation, one would learn. people have done it since the beginning of time, anxiety hasn't been a medical concern until recently. i'm left to wonder where in lies the validity of such things...

Dunno, you might be right to some degree, but from personal experience I can tell you that it's a pretty deep rooted and difficult condition to deal with, and of course it varies from person to person how it should be dealt with.

biggums mcgee

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2008, 11:47:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Would this be the same friend that used to smoke so much weed that he wiped his ass with coffee filters for two weeks cause he was too stoned and lazy to go across the street to Walgreen's for some toilet paper?  The same friend who walked from room to room with the ONE working light bulb cause he was too stoned to go across the street to Walgreen's for a pack of light bulbs?

dunno why but you had me LOL all over mcdonalds right now..

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2008, 12:32:11 PM »
Dunno, you might be right to some degree, but from personal experience I can tell you that it's a pretty deep rooted and difficult condition to deal with, and of course it varies from person to person how it should be dealt with.

Anyone who thinks that everybody should react the same way to drugs did not read what I posted above about paradoxical reactions. A deeper way to understand why this occurs involves pharmacogenomics, I posted part of the wikipedia entry below.

The terms pharmacogenomics and pharmacogenetics tend to be used interchangeably, and a precise, consensus definition of either remains elusive. Pharmacogenetics is generally regarded as the study or clinical testing of genetic variation that gives rise to differing response to drugs, while pharmacogenomics is the broader application of genomic technologies to new drug discovery and further characterization of older drugs. Pharmacogenetics considers one or at most a few genes of interest, while pharmacogenomics considers the entire genome.

VeganShawn

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2008, 12:41:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Anyone who thinks that everybody should react the same way to drugs did not read what I posted above about paradoxical reactions. A deeper way to understand why this occurs involves pharmacogenomics, I posted part of the wikipedia entry below.

The terms pharmacogenomics and pharmacogenetics tend to be used interchangeably, and a precise, consensus definition of either remains elusive. Pharmacogenetics is generally regarded as the study or clinical testing of genetic variation that gives rise to differing response to drugs, while pharmacogenomics is the broader application of genomic technologies to new drug discovery and further characterization of older drugs. Pharmacogenetics considers one or at most a few genes of interest, while pharmacogenomics considers the entire genome.

not every panic attack is triggered by a paradoxal reaction

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2008, 12:51:15 PM »
The last few times I smoked weed it has given me anxiety attacks, It fucking sucks. I used to have this same problem and now it seems like it's starting again.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

guy le douche

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2008, 01:00:53 PM »
The last few times I smoked weed it has given me anxiety attacks, It fucking sucks. I used to have this same problem and now it seems like it's starting again.

same here man, i miss those relaxed mellow highs. i think im going to take a break for a while, but when someone passes you a joint it's almost impossible to not toke.